One will protect you. The rest will try to kill you

One will protect you. The rest will try to kill you.

Choose wisely.

Can the gems I don't choose fuse?

Honestly the scenario is up to you but I did have fusion in mind. I guess the fusion part would be hard mode. Doesn't matter.

Pearl is the the only correct answer since she beat all of the others, even when they fused.

OP this is essential.

>Sugilite is a humongous brute with a ranged weapon
>Sardonyx is agile and precise
>Choosing Sapphire means she has to defend you from the PAR tri-fusion, Ruby and Opal, Amethyst and a battle capable Rhodonite, or Pearl and the hellish being that an AmethystxRuby would make
>Choosing Ruby means she has to defend you from the PAS tri-fusion, Sapphire and Opal, or either one of the possible Sapphire dual fusions

honestly I'd pick Pearl just because she was shown to outsmash Sugi.

There's only one correct answer that goes with canon and it's Pearl.

She's already beat Sugilite on her own.

Pearl is the writers pet, so as long as none of them have any condiments on them I should be fine with her.

Pearl

Who says that they would fuse, they would have learned from their past mistake.
If they fuse, they'd would not need to be Sugilite. Garnet would be enough to shatter Pearl.
Picking Sapphire however would give you a massive advantage with her futuresight and would deprive the enemy forces of that same resource as well as Garnet.
The only threat to Sapphires vision is Ruby and she is dealt with then Sapphires vision would be all you needed to deal with Opal/Pearl/Amethyst

Sapphire is the tactically sound choice.

What if I kill myself?

Sapphire just because I don't want future vision used against me.

Also she's the fastest so maybe we can run like hell.

Ruby so I can fuck her midget pussy before I die.

Future visions doesn't mean she can really forecast you... She may or may not be precise in her vision
If the route is wacky or orchested enough, she cant see it

Pearl. because she's ridiculously strong on her own.

If you choose either Ruby or Sapphire you might only have to fight two gems, since even if they're upset enough to each other to defuse they probably wouldn't want to physically hurt each other.

Probably Sapphire, assuming you can just shoot a gem with something to make it poof it would be good to have future vision on my side so I could just lay traps and have general knowledge of when I'm going to be attacked, after the assailants are poofed she could just bubble them then I'm in the clear.

Kill them all

Pearl is objectively the best choice

Amethyst can't beat her in a fight
Ruby and Sapphire are both useless lesbians if they aren't fused together

Pearl would know that her best bet tactically would be to take Sapphire out of the equation first. She could use holo-Pearls to distract Ruby and Amethyst while she goes in for the poof.
Sapphire would see it coming but she doesn't like changing the future she sees so she'd just let it happen.
Also Sapphire is the only one without a gem weapon

After that it's just a matter of picking off the other two.

I go with a third option and pick a better alien.

Could the gems defeat Necrozma? It seems like the perfect antagonist for SU

That depends on what happens to the Gem in question after having their light stolen. The Pokedex entry for Dawn Wings Necrozma in Ultra Moon states that Lunala is still there while having no will of its own and the Pokedex entry for Duck Mane Necrozma in Ultra Sun says that Necrozma is simply absorbing Solgaleo's power.

I think Necrozma totally swallows up Lunala's will, while Solgaleo's clashes with it, keeping them more like two uncontrollable brains in one body.

Makes me wonder what would happen if it battled the Diamonds. Since they're probably made of a ton more light, they could probably satisfy Necrozma's cravings and drive it off like what happened in its backstory. I'd imagine lesser gems would be totally consumed by it though.

Pearl is the only answer that seems effective in the long run, considering you can't choose garnet (and for the record, I would if I could).

>Garnet is stronger, yes, but pearl is smarter, can find a place to hide somewhere garnet would never find us
>Amethyst is likely to get bored of it after a while, and even if not, I'd say pearl and her are about the same strength, but pearl's smarter
>Sugilite has been defeated by pearl before, she can do it again

Pearl, she's literally already defeated the other 3 fused together.