Does it really make sense to make an anti smoking PSA in this day and age...

Does it really make sense to make an anti smoking PSA in this day and age? I thought vaping was the dumb thing kids are doing now.

Other urls found in this thread:

s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu.documents/44921664/Omega-3_fatty_acids_Evidence_basis_for_t20160420-11003-17by51l.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIWOWYYGZ2Y53UL3A&Expires=1520624267&Signature=gPqVIDr7ibjdB/IoSEmpu3WSyOY=&response-content-disposition=inline; filename=Omega-3_Fatty_Acids_Evidence_Basis_for_T.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9881267/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

China.

As if China is gonna take advice of any kind from a negro.

Well it's pointless for a PSA for US, but if ya don't repeat a lesson with each generation then the next generation may he stupid enough to actually forget it.

The PSA ain't for us, it's the kiddies these comics are also supposed to be for.

Kelley does it again!

Jesus Christ, what a retarded thread.

Of course it makes sense to put PSAs in comics and cartoons made for children, that has always been the case since that douchebag Reagan became president.

These PSAs are a waste of money and time, if people want to smoke let them. Who cares if a few dumb kids die from lung cancer, we shouldnt have to censor movies and cartoons for something that is natural selection for their stupidity to smoke that much.

thats retarded. your retarded

How can one man be so right, every time?

Nah he's right, smoking censorship is ridiculous and accomplishes jackshit

Please get a vasectomy so you don't make any child suffer.

Censorship because of “think of the children” reasoning is retarded and so are anyone who pushes for it

It actually has, dude. Why are you bullshitting?

How big of a baby you gotta be to consider yourself this inconvenienced by a few cartoons and posters.

What about artistic choice to let the characters smoke then?

Anyone who supports the sale and usage of cancer sticks that do literally no good is legitimately mentally challenged.

You see characters murder other characters. Do you get the impulse to murder people upon seeing that?

>that do literally no good
Smoking is pretty shitty but that's just not true, at least considering the short term effects

They need to make a pro smoking PSA in this day and age.

Uh... Smoking has no health benefit whatsoever.

Anyone who thinks we need to censor reality because of a few brainless faggot kids is a mental midget themselves
>wahhhhh why wot you shut up and let us sugarcoat everything and make media into my safe space
Kill yourself

>telling people that smoking literally kills is sugarcoating
Imagine being this much of a thinskinned manchild

Can we talk about how the artist gave Moon Girl such full, voluptuous lips?

That’s not how natural selection works.

Luckily you seem like the kind of guy a semon Demon wouldn’t fuck. Thankfully you won’t have to raise kids

I believe he isn't talking about the body health and more about the stress reduction thingy.

>health benefits
Again, I'm talking about the immediate effects. Increases concentration, decreases hunger, better ability to memorize stuff etc

Im not even promoting smoking you dumbasses. But when characters like constantine and wolverine cant smoke in movies now im rightfully pissed.

So... when are the saucy Moon Girl edits going to be posted?

Smoking helps with ulcerative colitis.
It's the only thing that keeps me from shitting blood.

>rightfully pissed
>because a company does something I don't like with a character they own

You could just not buy it user.

Oh good I'm not the only who noticed. Those are dick sucking lips and It kinda turns me on.

Green tea is a much better stress reduction alternative to smoking, and not only is it cheaper, it is also actually good for you.

>waaahh muh characters can't smoke in da movies and that literally ruins them
god, you really are a manchild. jump off a bridge.

You do realize Omega-3 fatty acid pills are much better for combating that symptom, right?

So you're agreeing with me?

>Omega-3 fatty acid pills are much better
Do you have a study that shows Omega-3 outperforms cigarettes in treating ulcerative colitis? I'm skeptical, and have taken those supplemebts in the past without noticing any benefits.

>kinda
I've been fapping to this PSA for a while now. Who is the artist and have they drawn more?

Here. Any URL shortner I use gets marked as spam for some reason.

s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu.documents/44921664/Omega-3_fatty_acids_Evidence_basis_for_t20160420-11003-17by51l.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIWOWYYGZ2Y53UL3A&Expires=1520624267&Signature=gPqVIDr7ibjdB/IoSEmpu3WSyOY=&response-content-disposition=inline; filename=Omega-3_Fatty_Acids_Evidence_Basis_for_T.pdf

Fucking kill yourself bitch, they shouldn't ruin their characters because of some pissy faggot health nuts like you who want to turn all media into an after school special

How the fuck is not making them smoke on screen is ruining them? Blow your brains out, you're incapable of putting it into any good use.

Its part of their character, and taking away a vital aspect of them just to cater to some health freak like you should be criminal. I hope you get your brains bashed in with a club you fucking scum.

Oh come on, it really is bullshit. Some characters drink or are even alcoholics and that's fine, but why is smoking such a problem?

I can't tell if it's the regular series artist or not.

Kids don't read comics

Moon Girl actually does gangbusters through Scholastic. It's getting a cartoon, too.

Is it any good? I only saw her in a storytime of a cross over and she was realy annoying

Worked the other way around for me, I lost weight after I stopped smoking.

That article doesn't even mention Ulcerative Colitis.
If you think it's just a matter of all inflammatory conditions responding the same way that's completely wrong since smoking makes Crohn's inflammation worse and relieves Ulcerative Colitis inflammation, and those two are both inflammatory bowel diseases.
All evidence I've read suggests a very weak impact on UC for Omega-3 and a surprisingly strog impact for tobacco smoking.

Kelly strikes again

>insecure cigloving faggot
>furiously butthurt at movie characters not smoking on-screen for his pleasure
>ever calling anyone else scum
I'd personally stomp your face in, but I'm afraid it'll be too easy since there's nothing inside it.

You're right, they shouldn't be shown to be drinking either. Fair is fair.

The crossovers, aside from Venom, are garbage. Her own series does a better job of showing her as a flawed character.

It's not high art or anything, but it's a lot of fun.

Here's some evidence for the benefits of smoking in UC:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9881267/
Mean follow-up (+/- SD) was longer in smokers than in nonsmokers (116 +/- 107 mo, vs 87 +/- 94 mo.).
Less smokers than nonsmokers required oral steroids (52 vs 63%, P = 0.05).
No difference between the groups was observed regarding the use of salicylates, the need for intravenous steroids, for immunosuppressive drugs, for colectomy, and the occurrence of complications.
The actuarial rate of colectomy was less in smokers than in nonsmokers (32 +/- 12% and 42 +/- 6% at 10 years respectively. P = 0.04).
Initial and cumulative extent of the disease process did not differ between the groups. However, in the subgroup of patients with limited disease at onset, development of pancolitis was less frequent in smokers than in nonsmokers (14 and 26%, respectively, P = 0.04).

CONCLUSION: The lesser need for oral steroids and the lower actuarial rate of colectomy in smokers suggest that ulcerative colitis in smokers is characterized by a less severe clinical presentation and a better long term prognosis than in nonsmokers.

>they shouldn't be shown to be drinking either
What kind of dumb reasoning is this? Do you want your movies to be completely censored or something? With everything that's not PG 0 taking place off-screen? The fuck?

You're dumb for not realizing that PG and PG-13 movies are supposed to be family-friendly. If characters aren't shown to be smoking, then they shouldn't be shown drinking, simple as that.

You might be a unique case then, so whatever.

Smoking's always going to be cool, and cigarettes are still a big thing in this day and age. If they can at least educate the kids in some way, if they can convince just one kid to stay away from cigarettes, then the stupid PSA would be a success.

It's astonishing how different Nutella is in her book, compared to her crossover appearances. It's like the writers and editors don't do any fact-checking at all.

Funny thing, she still thinks of old Eddie

kids these days also suck dick but you don't see any anti-dick sucking PSA

(And that's a good thing!)

No, I'm not a unique case, did you read what I posted? Smoking tobacco helps with Ulcerative Colitis in a number of different ways including longer remissions, less progression of inflammation, fewer surgeries, symptom relief, and acute flare treatment. It's well known for being surprisingly beneficial for that condition.

Seriously, is NO ONE going to post the edits where she's dressed like a pint-sized THOT?

W-What?

What kind of bullshit smoking mumbo jumbo did you hear/find that? Really, just stop user.

I dont even smoke you assuming cock sucker. Get throat raped asshole

Dare you enter our magical realm?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

>actually gets proven wrong by legit statistics
>f-fucking smokers

Maybe the issue will also bring up vaping?

There might be something into seeing black girls as less innocent than white girls because I have no qualms about sexualizing lunaella.
>nice hips for a 9-year old

Then stop blabbering like a pro-smoking retard, retard. Get violated by a rusty pipe.

>legit statistics

Where?

Being against censorship isnt pro smoking you fucking retarded bitch.

That other user you replied to posted a link

I'm not against PSA's if it's done well but whose the target audience? Everyone knows kids don't read comics. I'm not saying that to be mean or snarky, it's a basic fact around what has been typically seen in sales.

There is a reason they call her moon girl.

And there's a reason you have to check in with your parole officer every six months.

Ironic posting an anime that had the worst censoring of smoking I've ever seen

>Kids not wanting to smoke is somehow an issue
what

Is there an imgur album of this?

Moon Girl is still targeted at children.

You can find them all on Phael.

This comic is apparently pretty popular at Scholastic book fairs.

Oh I know exactly what you mean user

When did she meet Robbie Reyes?

She didn't, she met other ghost riders

It's just a drawing.
>actual art from the book

Okay when did she meet them?

>can't take a joke

>Who cares if a few dumb kids die from lung cancer,
Sick people are what make healthcare costs higher. If you can prevent self- inflicted ailments, it helps everybody.

I don't understand this artist either.
I think he's making fun of people
who are making fun of other people.

A issue after she left devil dinosaur

Here:

>youthinkthisisamotherfuckongjoke.JPG
I'm here to spread the word and the word is that Moon Girl is cute! C U T E B U T A L S O S E X Y!

We'll see after this opening weekend

SJWs like drugs and smoking

smoking is cool, fuck the haters

>and cigarettes are still a big thing in this day and age
They aren't

>If they can at least educate the kids in some way
But why? It's okay to die young

They don't, because drugs and smoking are fun, and they hate fun

While smoking rates have mostly stagnated in America and Europe, third world countries are smoking like fiends these days

Thank Deus

I want a shirt that just says "Smug," with a comma

I feel like the girls were supposed to be smoking here, but Marvel nixed it. Which makes this PSA where literally every kid and teacher (!) in school smokes even more baffling.

The artist name is Natacha Bustos.