Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This timeline.

Huey. He should've taken the compliment and talked the dude into encouraging more people to read. He's a fucking rapper, he's got pull. He could make that shit happen.

Did anyone actually read without being forced to by the school

yeah honestly that's probably Huey's biggest flaw, he's unwilling to compromise

He went to college he has degrees, and wants to encourage Huey in his studies. Unfortunatley he was drunk and high.

Huey shouldn't have been at a grown house party with drunk people. he was there to pick up Riley.

So in the end Thugnificent for letting an underage boy join his rap group.

Huey's biggest flaw is that he's a joyless cunt who's mad at the world for not being as smart as he is. All of his other problems stem from that.

Now, I will grant you that Huey is right to be angry 'cause he gets disrespected and ignored a lot for being a kid, but for as smart as the writing makes him out to be he should know better. Huey opts to be passively superior in his enlightened corner because that way he can be justifiably pissy and snarky whenever he feels like it.

It doesn't help that Huey's sole purpose in any strip/episode of Boondocks is to be the mouthpiece of Aaron McGruder so he can get away with openly criticizing aspects of Black Culture. Compare Huey to Brian from Family Guy and you'll see a lot of parallels in how the character is handled.

They tried that but in real life. B.E.T. ran this bumber for years and it still surprises me that it is a real thing. youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

sigh...

God, I know. The problem is that nobody ever talked to kids seriously about education. There could've been bumpers with big names sitting down in a chair and being like "Yo homie the only reason I got where I am is 'cause I took the time to learn some shit. You think I come up with these lyrics 'cause I skipped school? Put in the work. Make something of yourself. Being stupid isn't fly, nigga. You just dumb."

There were a couple local success stories in my town that did that and it worked wonders 'cause they made it into something that could be respected, not ridiculed. People who had been in the hood for generations got their shit together and got their families out of it.

>It doesn't help that Huey's sole purpose in any strip/episode of Boondocks is to be the mouthpiece of Aaron McGruder
I don't think that's true.By the time the cartoon got greenlit the comics had already introduced Cesar, who was McGruder's new mouthpiece where he realized his younger more militant self was cringeworthy and also full of flaws.

A creator can have multiple mouthpieces, user. Just because Cesar is more accurate to what McGruder believes nowadays doesn't mean he can't use Huey to continue mocking shit.

Thugnificent came from extreme proverty. To him having a young black kid who is well read is remarkable to him. Despite that it shouldn't be.

>raise yo kids, raise yo kids, raise yo goddam kids
What the fuck this has to be satire

Well obviously.

Being uploaded in 2008 means no, not obviously at all.

Satire isn't a new invention in fact I'm sure it's almost as old as recorded entertainment itself.

>recorded entertainment

No satire is much older than that, probably as old as the first joke told

I was singing this a couple days ago.

It's the exact same as Skeet vs Jimmy Neutron. Jimmy thinks his way is better, but doesn't realize the transaction needs to go through the machine. Huey chooses to take offense rather than what said.

Where do you think the "READ A BOOK NIGGER" even came from?

What's Huey's personal "sodium chloride" moment?

This is where READ A BOOK NIGGA came from? Jesus Christ, does BET have no self awareness?

Not with Americans.

I thought it came from random shitposting on Sup Forums.

My mind is expanded.

The fact that they ran it for so long means that yes, they do.

>Huey's biggest flaw is that he's a joyless cunt who's mad at the world for not being as smart as he is. All of his other problems stem from that.
true that is the core of it, but I still feel him being unwilling to compromise just makes it worse for him, he always has to try to come out as the absolute victor, whereas if he was more willing to accept and negotiate compromise he'd be able to achieve some actual success in his goals

>people never talked to kids seriously

There are literally a million fucking initiatives to get kids reading. I remember there was a thing where the local pizza hut would give you a free personal-sized pizza if you read a whole book. And that was pretty gud when I was like 10.

That's not how you check 'em

>Uncropped borders

How did they make sure you actually read the book?