You guys read the Ghostbusters Annual this week?

You guys read the Ghostbusters Annual this week?

Samhain. Fuck yeah.

I prefer the classic design.

That guy looks like supervillain more than a spirit... Unless that is the point.

Possibly. He's just getting started.

Please tell me it doesnt have the vaginabusters in it

its not in the win-o boco you piece of shit so either storytime or stop bragging

If my scanner wasn't still busted I would. Sorry user.

do a ghetto storytime, you gotta camera phone right?

What, im just saying i hope it doesnt have mellisa mccarthys ghostbusters in it

A shitty one. Sorry...

Well, its sort of a Good News/Bad News deal...

Bad News is yes, they are. And they're going to be part of the next big mini series.

Good News is that its a mega crossover between ALL versions of the Ghostbusters, including both cartoons, some of the ones shown here, and a bizarre universe where they're golems.

HOL UP
Is this a seperate Samhain than the one in the first Holiday Special?

Eyup. Ancient Druid spirit, wants to flood the world with ghosts and create a never-ending night, the whole nine yards.

Honestly the crossover between the 1984 and 2016 teams wasn’t all that bad.

I am pleased.

No dump? Typical boco...

I'd love to if my scanner worked. I'll fuck with it tomorrow and see if I can get it working again.

The pre Burnham special? Seems none of that stuff is IDW canon.

Hey Boco buddy how you doing? How's life?

Infestation is. Nothing else has been mentioned though.

>Has the People-Busters, or whatever

Haha, nice--

>Fucking Filmation Ghostbusters

FUCK

Hello. Pretty good. Relaxing on a Friday night, praying for snow.

Not to worry. The Filmation version gets mocked relentlessly in this series.

Who the hell are these guys on the upper left? They seem like rejects from the 90s. Are they from one of those shitty games that got rushed out because of the also shitty film?

The ones on the left are the cast of the shitty game 'Sanctum of Slime'. The ones above the text box are what Akroyd originally envisioned the Ghostbusters to look like, played by Michael Keaton, Eddie Murphy, and John Belushi.

>Hulk Hogan andCaptain Lou

Okay I thought they were Sanctum, thanks. I just blocked that out, outside of a thread or two shitting on it.

And I did not know that about the original vision Ghostbusters group. Neat.

You should make an image detailing what these all are if you have them all down pat.

>Bad News is yes, they are. And they're going to be part of the next big mini series
Fucking end me, why the hell did sony force IDW to insert them in their when the failure if of the ltest movie showed how unpopular and hated they were?

Honestly.... considering some of IDWs editorial/writer habits of late.... it might be Burnham's idea all on his own. I haven't looked into it at all, but some of the shit going on at IDW makes one shake their head.

Sure, why not.

Nah. Whats funny is the annual touts the "fan favorite" team of Burnham and Schoening. Almost like them admitting "Yeah, the Fembusters sucked, but we had to make a mini of them. Here's the guys you LIKE."

the female ghostbusters are better in the comics if not for the fact that one of them is literally a horn dog female version of egon.

The mini was a crossover though, right? Burnham written. Then they have their own... solo mini by another group?

I'm behind on IDW Ghostbusters. I always liked the series.... but I don't love it. It doesn't really make me eager to grab the next dozen issues, but once in a while I feel like Ghostbusters and now I want to catch up. I left off around Get Real I think.

The gay one?

>Reral Ghostbusters

My dude. Anyway, thanks. It's helpful. A few of these are LESS cryptic than I thought they were. I'm sort of surprised that the Hulk Hogan and Filmation things passed legal. What did Sony buy them at some point?

Yeah, the Fembusters had (well, have, theres another issue left I think) their own mini called "Answer the Call". Burnham and Schoening have nothing to do with it.

Probably calling Fair Use or Parody.

the samhain in What in Samhain Just Happened?! was the ghost of Samuel Henslowe a stage magician who went by the stage name of "Spectacular Sam Hain". the samhain here is the ancient Celtic death god.

Okay. 101 was the Burnham crossover where they used the Turtles provided universe hoping tech? (Man that's a sentence.) How was that? I think I have most of the issues actually. Just gotta get there.

ghostbusters bought out filmations ghostbusters after the first movie and before the second i think because they got the dumbass idea to sue.

HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HAPPY HAPPY HALLOWEEN SILVER SHAMROCK.

101? Good. A part of it was the Fembusters coming to grips with the fact that (and the story kinda hammers it into them) that no. You aren't special. You aren't unique. You're just another version. The originals are still better.

Its all rather meta, really.

give me a sec i'm not a walking encyclopedia on the answer the call versions of ghostbusters.

Jillian Holtzmann is the horn dog version of egon. the scene showing she was a lesbian in the movie was cut so it may not be in continuity. considering in the comic appearances they may be going with her being a hypersexual & hyperactive bisexual.

Huh.

Interesting. I... did not expect that angle to be taken. I expected more of a "WOW WE'RE ALL SO GREAT" thing.

This new big crossover maxiseries thing is going to include the full Extreme cast too, right? Ever since Burnham added his frankly subpar Kylie I've been really wanting them to get a proper comics appearance.

Yup. They cameo at the end of the Annual, but they'll be major players in Crossing Over.

>Ever since Burnham added his frankly subpar Kylie
You fucking Wot, m8?

She's not as good a character as the actual Extreme Kylie. Burnham Kylie is below the bar set by Extreme Kylie. Not bad, but below what I want from a Kylie. That's wot I fucking wot m8.

>She's not as good a character as the actual Extreme Kylie.
That I'm willing to agree upon. She's no Extreme no matter how you slice it, but she's endearing in her own way nonetheless.

I loved this moment. Precisely because she was almost fully in character here.

Hey, whatever happened to the Burnham version of Eduardo? There was one for a hot minute, right? He was even dumber and more scared than real Eduardo if I recall.

Considering the whole 'Mass Hysteria' event was pretty much his fault, I doubt anyone is in a hurry to let him near anything ghost-related again.

Man... I do not remember this stuff at all.

I told you, Burnham's stuff just doesn't stick with me. Real shame, I want to love the series, it just doesn't click for me.

IDW-Timeline Eduardo is truly an utter failure. at least Extreme Eduardo was a coward and "wimp" whilst still managing to hold his own against demonic horrors.

the reason I was told when I asked why the extremes that are in the comics are different was because they wanted a more realistic build up to them being full ghostbusters and slowly make them into more down to earth versions of the ones we know

That doesn't excuse the actions of IDW Eduardo though. Especially not when he directly caused a series of events that took the GBs quite a bit to clean up.

did they ever release that stupid free scare fest comic it was referenced twice in the comics