/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Hego Damask Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E14/15/16: "A Fool's Hope/Family Reunion and Farewell" (Mon 5)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Tue 6)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Tue 6)
Star Wars #44 (Wed 7)
Star Wars Adventures #7 (Wed 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: A Fool's Hope & Family Reunion and Farewell
youtube.com/watch?v=uR8Sn_2VRBA

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOrLDa_aK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I miss him

We all do comrade.

>and fucking lazy writing, how the executor went down is the thing in all of the OT that annoys me the most

Not really, more it shows how badly imperial bridge design is. That shit should be buried under tons of armor and secondary deflector shields like a god damn submarine or a sangheili cruiser. The only way you're taking out thebridge is if you land a ship killing blow.

.... ok what controversy did I step in with mentioning the scarif shields?

they killed thousands

for the fun of it lmao

They need to up those numbers.

>bringing new arguments in
fuck off

>kill thousands of Lothal conscripts
>kill their families by falling shrapnel

>Lothal loses heavy infrastructure and engineer personnel and now has nothing left but poor uneducated farmers and rubble

BRAVO REBELS

Whos got the highest personal kill count in star wars?
A lot of people died on the death star Luke you war criminal

user are you drunk, he wasnt arguing with anybody

blowing up Hosnian Prime, so Hux I guess

>kill their families by falling shrapnel
it was detonated over the ocean to prevent that user

but if you killed the hired professional assassin you have gone to far

He always knew how to make me laugh...

Tarkin, he boomed alderaan, Jedha, a shit ton of creatures on his home planet, he is a busy guy

>thousands
All of whom were legitimate military targets, unlike the civvies in the city that Thrawn was targeting.
I still feel bad about Pryce, if it wasn't the finale, they could have had her redeemed and alive.

>what controversy did I step in with mentioning the scarif shields?
Scarif was an inside job. That's it. Trust me, my dad works for Palpatine.

doesnt matter, fresh thread fresh topics
out with the old in with the new

>this guy is the deadliest motherfucker in star wars
fucking christ

>.... ok what controversy did I step in with mentioning the scarif shields?
the shield was still up until after the end of the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOrLDa_aK4

exactly how many people did luke kill according to cannon because I have heard the numbers shift at least a few times

Vader: "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."
>Hux proceeds to destroy an entire solar system and all the ships in orbit, an act visible in real time throughout the galaxy
Vader: "... Well shit, son."

....Well.. you're not wrong. Hux kinda killed a whole system.

I don't think she was really redeemable. I don't remember her batting an eye at Thrawn's bombardment on the civvies.

>the shield was still up until after the end of the movie

ok I'm definitely going to have to re-watch that portion of the film.... and are we implying the death star with only a partial reactor burst can cut through a planetary shield no problem?

Hux is incredibly hot. Do you think he could have been a good leader if he hadn't had to answer to snoke or bitch boy

are you acting like a newfag on purpose, no one whos been here more than a week doesnt know about shieldgate

>he's stupid enough to argue about Shieldgate AND is arguing about the wrong thing
you should really go find that archived thread

>I don't think she was really redeemable.
Think back to Kallus' early days.

BASED

>ok I'm definitely going to have to re-watch that portion of the film.... and are we implying the death star with only a partial reactor burst can cut through a planetary shield no problem?
Shields can only hold back so much before they fail, either entirely or in a localized area. The whole point of ramming two ISDs into the same spot on it was to disrupt it enough for the plans to be beamed into orbit through the shield. The DS is the most powerful weapon in the galaxy until SKB, so it damn well should have the power to punch a hole through a localized area of a planetary shield at any reactor level.

Does credit go to the guy who gave the order, or the guy who pulled the trigger?

you should read shadows of mindor

Hux designed it, and his dick got hard thinking about how cool his starkiller was. Did you see his speech?
he can have the credit, and it was a BLACK WOMYN WHO PULLED THE TRIGGER YOU SHITLORD

Nope. I primarily lurk /k/ and Sup Forums, only wound up over here by accident and now I've got 7 tabs open.

ok that is a fair point, however Kallus clearly had some humanity to him shown at points, Pryce really didn't seem to get that treatment from my perspective.

Fair enough.

Got a link? I feel like I've got a good shitstorm to read through now.

Both, but usually the public face gets the most blame.

Go to fucking hell newfag

If you could splinter the Star Wars universe at any point, and diverge into a new timeline, what would you change to cause the split and what do you hope the long term results would be?

If they are anything like the Romans, the Imps don't use locally sourced recruits for general oppression tasks. Prevents them from having any sympathies for the guys they're putting the boot to.

>Got a link? I feel like I've got a good shitstorm to read through now.
Forget the link, it happened across too many threads ranging from R1 coming out in theaters to when Inferno Squad's novel came out.
>one user goes on a warpath saying the shield was still up until the end of the movie
>everyone else in the thread says he's retarded
>other anons eventually pile on either side for shitposting-sake or legitimately thinking one way or the other
>Inferno Squad has Iden specifically mention the DS firing on Scarif, trapping anyone on the planet underneath the shield with impending fiery death approaching
>shieldgateanon proven right after over half a year of ridicule

What if I told you he didn't do that at all ? What will you do now huh? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I DONT FOLLOW ORDERS HUH WHAT HAPPENS THEN MOTHERFUCKER WHAT WILL YOU WHAT WILL YOU WHAT WILL YOU DO WHAT WILL YOU DO HUH WHAT I WANNA KNOW WHAT WILL YOU DO user HE ISNT LISTENING WHERE ARE WHERE ARE WE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WILL YOU DO

His scenes in Phasma are great.

they literally had an episode where they recruited Lothal children into stormtrooper ranks

And they probably got shipped out afterwards. "See the galaxy" and all that.

After reading Phasma, I wanted a scene with the both of them where literally ANYTHING happened. They don't have to be friends, but I want her to be protective of him. SHE'S SO FUCKING WASTED AND I AM STILL MAD

My profession has all but been destroyed due to ignorant useful idiots being tricked by groups like the sierra club.

My fathers profession has all but been destroyed by the environmental whackjobs and their insane rules and regulations enforcing water flows go out to the pacific to enforce an unnatural ecology and salinity in the sacramento river delta.

And I get called a murderer because I like firearms and hunt.

I already am living in hell. Fuck off m8.

>what would you change to cause the split and what do you hope the long term results would be?
Obi-wan turns Anakin/Vader into sashimi on Mustafar. I just want to see how Sheev would handle having no convenient attack dog during the early days of the Empire.

>weh I'm so oppressed
holy fucking shit dude, is life hard because a stranger told you to go fuck yourself? kill yourself

What is the point of this besides giving children fetishes?

Shmi goes with Anakin.

No idea what would happen

See, all I'm hearing here is a yank bitching about people actually giving a fuck about the environment.

Forget this already stale meemee. Nobody cares about a bunch of nobody Stormtroopers whose job is to be expendable anyway.

The real tragedy is Hera knows damn well that the Rebellion is desperate for materials and production capabilities but nevertheless she allowed an entire TIE Defender factory with planetary grade shields. Forget that troops were storming the command bridge when they launched because that's actually one of the sillier things. Imperial facilities have intruder defense systems that can be turned on Stormtroopers. Artoo did as much when freeing Threepio in the comics. It also a space ship so it has artificial gravity generators. Turn those up to max and watch Stormies crushed into cans of spam. Boom, done. Or just fly it into orbit and open all external and internal doors except to command and let them suck vacuum. Stormtroopers and pilots only last about twenty minutes with their air supplies.

But no, those maniacs. They blew it up. Damn them all to hell.

what is this some edgy /k/ copypasta?

"General Hux. Leia has a message for you. She says she left her favorite thong at your place. Well you know how rare space underwear is and she's hoping she can get it back. Hello? Hux? Are you receiving?"

Hux is for __Ren

"Please send General Organa my highest apologies. Unfortunately, said piece of underwear has already been purloined by the underwear thief Kylo Ren."

Nah, just felt like venting and being salty. it's a good coping mechanism rather than just bottling it up and pretending the world is all hunky-dory.

Quigon accepts the council's decision on Anakin and Obi-wan doesn't pick up that torch and train him.

Less to do with people giving a fuck about the environment and more to do with low information folks who think they're doing something great for the environment but really are fucking it up even worse. TL:DR it generally boils down to people not understanding that if you don't manage the lands properly nature's going to burn them down and there's areas that haven't been managed properly or had any fuel reduction done since the third Reich was still in vogue.

nah if it were /k/ copypasta I'd have also been bitching about turks too.

Holy mother of fucking god
I am diamonds

I don't care for Sabine's new hairstyle. Please remake the entire series from the beginning, taking this into account. Thanks.

C E a s e t H I s. Her character had a perfect end at the hands of vader

so apparently the explanation why Twi'lek-Human hybrids look different is that "sometimes you get a liger, sometimes you get a tigon"

so why the hell is Jacen's skin tone several degrees lighter than Kanan's?

>dat SSAO

hnnng

Polygamy

Have another, friend.

There might be some merit to this. After all, fear, anger, hate, all of these things give the Sith an erection lasting longer than four hours. Now imagine the creation of a technological terror capable of destroying an entire solar system that most of the galaxy can watch as it's actually happening thanks to a wacky hyperspace effect. Sure not everyone can see it. Entire halves of planets won't be turned towards it, maybe something is blocking it, maybe you aren't outdoors, but if you're outside and looked up it was so bright you could see it during the day.

That's a lot of terror and anger and even hate inspired with one shot.

Are Ahsoka's leg's bare? I can't tell if those are straps below capris like Rey or just orange boots.

If you're looking for a breakdown of each film, book, comic, or game, which is the more interesting way of looking at this question, I don't have anything for you. If you're looking for Death Star deaths, which effectively make up all his kills, then those numbers are unfortunately contradictory.

The RO VD puts the crew of the Death Star between around 1.19 and 1.21 million depending on the mission, which already foils any hard attempts to establish Luke's kill count because that's up to ~20,000 deaths that may or may not have occured, which in an of itself is a lot of killing. Lost Stars, another source, is unfortunately inconsistent with both the RO VD and itself, making claims of "nearly two million" and "nearly a million".

Recessive genes and dna and whatnot

God-damn. Forgot to spoiler.

user, we've seen three Twi'lek / Human hybrids. That isn't enough examples to say anything about what they'll always look like.

kinda looks like strappy sandals from my point of view.

Do a dump
for the love of my fucking dick you have good shit

some sort of leg straps

so do you think Jabba ever picked up that all the Skywalkers he dealt with over the years were related or is that like "Smith" on Tatooine or something?

hux is the man behind the new edgy emo emperor

They were having to shell out to animate robes. They couldn't afford shoes so all closeups are from the waist up.

He's probably dealt with a bunch of aliens all with the same last name and realized it's pointless to keep that information in his memory

He's only met two. I know more people than that named Smith personally and none of them are related.

It's not like he had to deal with all that many. There was that one from the clone wars who hated his babby and then later some douchebag strolls in claiming to be a Jedi but Jabba doesn't really believe it.

The real kicker is Leia is a Skywalker too and she's the one who fucking ended him.

You'd think he'd remember the name of the guy who saved his son

All those hairless bipeds probably look the same to him unless they owe him money like Solo.

Maybe he did, but that doesn't mean he would give any extra shits when Luke shows up. For all you know there has been a long history of people claiming to be the son of the guy who saved Jabba's son trying to use it to get credits or favors. It happened in the middle of Jabba's court after all.

Either way it's possible Luke could have been using that name to enhance his claims of being a Jedi, but Jabba wasn't buying any of that shit despite the mind trick and telekinesis.

TLJ's true enemy has revealed itself

The fujoshi is the enemy of us all.

There was literally an entire book series about this. Lothal troopers can be and were stationed on Lothal, often only after a few months of training and with only an equivalent to like a middle school degree.

We see in the U.K. comics that some tried to defect ...until Kallus beat the shit out of them and turned them in. Which kind of just never came up.

Let's make this even funnier. Let's see here...

Jabba actually had to deal with Obi-Wan for far longer than Anakin since Obi-Wan was the guy negotiating. Despite all this he never realized that Obi-Wan was that crazy ass hermit living in the Dune Sea who kept beating the shit out of all his tax collectors.

Even funnier? Black Krrsantan knows there is a Jedi on Tatooine AND he knows what moisture farm this "Ben" is protecting, which just happens to be the Lars homestead where Luke is living. If Krrsantan had ever decided to get revenge by ratting out Ben to either Jabba or even better the Empire then the entire franchise would have been quite different. Good thing Krrsantan apparently decided to never speak of that humiliating defeat ever again even when he returned to work for Jabba.

Anakin helps Windu when they arrest The Senate. From what I can see, just because the Clone Wars end the Jedi Order could still get fucked up following the inevitable reformist and traditionalist debates. The radical new guard would want to rid of Jedi dogma or even think the Dark Side isn’t all that bad as they pretty much were child soldiers that grew up in a galactic war. Which would lead to Anakin (maybe accidentally) starting another Jedi Civil War. Thus THE CHOSEN ONE bring balance to the force by killing a whole bunch of Jedi as they killed each other in the war that threw the Republic into chaos... Again.
>mfw

Fuck that, I want someone to tweet Pablo and find out of Baron Rudor responded to the evacuation order. Is best boy dead or is he stuck serving drinks to local scum for the rest of his days?

that's true I guess

does the EU, Legends or current canon, ever say what happened to Rotta, out of curiosity?

Holy fuck, I'm stealing this image
kek

Nope. Rotta's fate post-TCW hasn't been touched on anywhere, in canon or in Legends.

Tatooine is the ass end of nowhere, and by that era only notable for a labor camp a parsec over. You don't expect jedi to hide out there, which is the point. It's more reasonable for Jabba to assume it's some mercenary or thug and his guys are exaggerating.

He's got a page in the wook, yeah.

>Good thing Krrsantan apparently decided to never speak of that humiliating defeat ever again even when he returned to work for Jabba.

Jabba didn't have a price on Kenobi's head (so there's no money in it for Krrsantan), and I doubt even a criminal Wookiee would want to deal directly with the Empire.

Aftermath mentions that Jabba died without any heirs, so take that as you will.