Bendis Superman

Are ready for the best Superman since Morrison AC?

I fucking hate that the trunks are back. But since it's Bendis, get ready for a huge, leftist Superman that ruins everything.

Tom King's Superman story in AC1000 is already the best Superman material written in well over a decade. Nothing Bendis could ever write will ever rival it. So stfu.

I like King but come on

How long until Calvin Ellis shows up and becomes Lois' bull?

>I fucking hate that the trunks are back.
Same. This feels like a gigantic step back.

That story was trite and cliche as hell.

>that '86 MoS logo
I can't help but like how much of an unrepentant Byrnefag Bendis is.

>shitty coloring ruined Reis cover
Every time

The man couldn't even write the Sentry. What makes you think he can write Superman wihout having him cowtow to a George Bush analogue?

I mean, Sinclair has been coloring Reis' work since god knows how long. Not sure what you were expecting, pham.

ten millennia in paint.

Let the nightmare begin. And may God have mercy on your souls. For the Gentry have entered your universe.

Last 2 years he was colored by Maiolo. Who is much better. I'm fucking tired of Sinclair and his hack ass

I just don't get it. I don't hate the trunks in the previous stories, but for fuck sakes, we've long passed the idea of trunks. Is Batman going to have his trunks back, too?

I'd rather he have the oval back. And the classic utility belt. And the black suit. You know what, just bring back the whole No Man's Land getup, it was fine as hell.

Well done

>Morrison AC
wasn't as good as the Adventures of Superman series

Batman should have his trunks back

That series had its low points, like that Milligan arc about Superman having a split personality or some shit like that (an idea that was done much better in the 80's).

And then the blue-and-gray outfit...

I can tell you have refined taste my African-American sibling

I'm afraid he will turn Kara into a slut. That fucker will probably take Miles from Marvel and put him into his Superman comics and Kara will fall in love for him, than Superman will say he is so much better than him, and Lois will have sex with him and meanwhile Clark is proud of his wife.

Hold up, Reis isn't doing the whole run? That fucking sucks.

Superman is supposed to be leftist.

He already has the oval in Doomsday Clock.

Yeah... but which Batman is that? Because whatever iteration of the DC universe that takes place in, it's not 'ours'.

Is it?

Wait, is this all he's getting, or is he also on the core title?

Are you retarded?

Are you? Read Siegel and Shuster's original run.

He's writing both Superman and Action Comics because he wants to be just like his hero, John Byrne. If he hadn't quit drawing he'd probably be penciling both series too.

1) 'Injustice' Superman.

2) Define leftist, but Superman always stood up for the weak, the poor, the disenfranchised, and his arch-enemy is a super-wealthy, super-powerful socialite industrialist.

>You should read the original run and ignore everything else that contradicts this point.

It's just a reaction image.

Yes
Fuck no, I was already getting back into Superman when it was getting good.

The run where is was a borderline sociopath?

>both Superman and Action Comics
Please be kidding.

Classic Detective. Always a good choice.

I'm not. When it comes to Bendis and Byrne, there ain't no jokes.

Was Robin Hood a sociopath?

It take place a year in the future in the main dc universe

The story was a bit cliched but works for a five page feels story; it's not like it's even an annual length material. Where it's been written, it's been well-received as that, so dismissing it as just trite is ridiculous at best.

The main problem I have is the problem that King clearly has with all his comic book work - billions of years in the future, at the end of the Earth's life and this solar system, the sun would have turned red - notwithstanding whichever canon version of Superman you want to deal with, whether he will slowly lose his stored solar energy or it immediately counteracts his abilities or what have you, it still negates circumstances, particularly with Clark getting there, and leaving at a moment of the planets distraction, under his own powers.

I thought it was a nice anniversary piece. "Best Superman material" in well over a decade - NOPE, not even top 5 for the past 7+ years as I can point to two of the digital first Adventures of Superman stories as being far superior and the entirety of Morrison's Action Comic runs as the top tier for the past decade, just off the top of my head.

I loved large chunks of that series, but I'm with this user , it had plenty of low arcs and plenty of stories that were, to be kind, starting points or ideas for an arc, not a complete story.

And as with , a lot of them had been done better, earlier (such as the letters to Superman one, as another example).

Batman went trunksless during the 90's and then got his trunks back in the 00's.

People think he went trunkless again starting with the New 52 but that wasn't true, he started going trunkless again when Batman Inc (the pre-New 52 one) started. And I think I preferred that costume over the New 52 and Rebirth ones.

Kara was already paired with that African American kid in a wheel chair in the New 52. And she was already written in weird relationship situations by Lobdell which were worse, such as the vibe between her and whatever enhanced things were going on with Jason Todd, as well as the weird vibes between her and the Kryptonian Clones during Krypton Returns, not to mention the entire relationship with H'El. Her only normal relationship during the New 52 was the doomed one with Captain Comet, and he was a much older guy, even before they de-aged her for DCW synergy.

I for one am thankful of the announcement. This is a bummer because after this recent output from them I was compelled to start buying the Superman titles but I would be really upset if they just sprang Bendis on me while I was already buying in. Now I just won't.

Almost every nu52 costume was pseudo-armor that was overly intricate and patterned.

The Inc. costume was pretty streamlined and simply made him distinct from Dick and the other Batmans.

Except for the codpiece. Not sure what the point of that was.

Imagine being this wrong.

>Hold up, Reis isn't doing the whole run?

I'm totally fine with Ryan Sook and Evan Shaner drawing as much Superman as they are willing and able and DC Entertainment's willingness to open their pocketbooks up to have multiple artists on is something I'm also down for.

The point is: missing the point means you like girls, get the point?

Comics are for everyone.

The codpiece was for people who look at codpieces, be they boys or girls.

The codpiece was just Morrison being a weirdo, same as always.

Action Comics 1000 came out already?

No, but DC released King's full segment.

Text version of the interior artists of Bendis' Man of Steel mini per issue (which aren't immediately reported by major comic book news websites, even BC):
>#1 - Ivan Reis
>#2 - Doc Shaner
>#3 - Ryan Sook
>#4 - Kevin Maguire
>#5 - Adam Hughes
>#6 - Jason Fabok

>Are ready for the best Superman?
fixed

What's with the Not-Doomsday do not steel original character?

This but unironically

>muh deep ties to Krypton

kek

Don't imply I was being ironic you little bitch.

Ah, thanks.

BENIS??? FUGGG :-DDDDD

that's how shit writers make their mark on a franchise, they add characters that "have been there the whole time and are super important, you just didn't know about them"

>i hate the trunks
you must be 18 years or OLDER to post on this site

the Nu52 costumes were all done by Jim Lee who fucking sucks at designing costumes and is trapped in the 1990s

Isn't that Byrne's logo?

>Injustice
>A good representation of Superman in nearly any way
Superman's a lefty, maybe not a full on leftist, but he'd absolutely be on the left

>wants to help others so for themselves
>altruistic and doesn't want to force the way people act or for them to help others
>farmer from Kansas
He's center right

>cucks whine, beg and demand that trunks return
>they do but they bring Bendis with them
The ultimate monkey paw

i do not understand this logic

The type of vigilantism Superman involves himself with is innately NOT leftist. He has no political leaning. That’s the point of his character.

Wow I really fucked up that sentence

>Benis
>The Man of Steel
>When we say "man" we mean his penis.

The logic of bringing the trunks back? Yeah I don’t get it either.

Source?

I'm 26 and hate the trunks so fuck you.

Best suit and the worst writter. Why we still here?

Just to suffer.

Not but he’s getting the oval back