Any chance Nickelodeon might pick this short up as a series?

youtu.be/Aam4u3oAFUo

Any chance Nickelodeon might pick this short up as a series?

Attached: IMG_0921.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M5c56viVSbs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How would an anonymous user like myself know that?

How would an anonymous user such as I know what an anonymous user anonymously knows or doesn't anonymously know?

Not when they have something better
youtu.be/M5c56viVSbs

Really like the visuals in this one.

Really getting a newgrounds animation vibe from this

Honestly, I want both.

what did they mean by this

hey, the new nick shorts are all really great? what's up with that. is nick actually going to try to become a major player again?

>is nick actually going to try to become a major player again?
>again
They never stopped. Loud House and Spongebob are still the most popular cartoons airing, TMNT was incredibly popular for a while. They've greenlit really experimental stuff like WttW. They gave Harvey Beaks two seasons despite it's poor ratings. They make movies like Hey Arnold, Invader Zim, and Rocko's modern life. Nick has been doing good for years, they just have garbage live-action shit mixed in.

Actually, you're totally right, I take it back. WttW was, like, good. Ish. I was super engaged despite the fact that I didn't especially like it, which I guess means that I liked it more than I thought. The Hey Arnold movie was really not great considering the premise of the show, but I'm not mad. I guess that a lot of Nick's animated stuff misses my radar because the network pushed Spongebob and FoP a little too hard, but anyone who isn't paying attention to Cartoon Network could say the same with regard to Teen Titans Go! so I get it.

I just feel like Nick hasn't cranked out anything spectacular in over a decade. A lot of the shows that premiered felt kind of generic or especially aware that I'm not supposed to be the target demo. Can't fault 'em for that from a business standpoint, I guess.

Now I shall autistically begin to decipher the hidden message in Nick's like pattern

I can't like any of these shorts, because of what got them produced. A while back, Nick was taking pitches for pilots/shorts for 'comedy shows featuring buddy duos', with a handful of other stipulations. It was more or less "We focus tested these parameters. Give us ideas for them." They did the same thing for Nick Jr previously, which is how "Shimmer and Shine" got green-lit.

And that's frustrating. No show being let through the gate is based on the creator's artistic merit or original content, it has to check the right boxes that corporate approves of. And, I understand, no show is going to air without some executive meddling, but it's different to compromise and produce a show in a vision you have, versus make a show based off the vision that corporate gives you.

Then again, Spongebob was only created because Nick told Stephen Hillenburg they wanted a 'funny animal cartoon' because Angry Beavers and Rocko's Modern Life were successful at that moment.

Nick should pick up BOTH Girl From Dinosaur Island AND Planet Panic, if you ask me. Dinosaur Girl was better, IMHO, but Planet Panic was fucking good, as well, and unlike Harpy Gee - BOTH actually look interesting and worth investing in, rather than pandering to waifufags, which is all Harpy Gee fucking does - which really fucking sucks just as bad (if not worse) as Star Vs. or Steven Universe when they're not played to something truly worthwhile that isn't being R34 fodder.

Nick would be doing the right thing to pass on the waifufaggotry and make cartoons worth a damn in the future like these, IMHO - actually, no..... I treat THIS as FACT.

>dinosaur girl was better
Don't care what the rest is, stopped reading there

>when you're dream show idea is a comedy show with a buddy duo
I can't speak for you lot but I can totally work with this.

>Nick was taking pitches for pilots/shorts for 'comedy shows featuring buddy duos', with a handful of other stipulations. It was more or less "We focus tested these parameters. Give us ideas for them."
One source.

Literally everything about their shorts contest says otherwise.

As a writer, I feel like I'd have a much harder time writing a comedy that did not feature some kind of buddy-duo.

Like, what would that look like? Does anyone want to watch a comedy about somebody soliloquizing their problems and monologing their jokes? Every show has two or more characters bouncing off of each other to facilitate dialog-based humor and wittier jokes. Spongebob actually is a pretty great example of this working, I guess, because a lot of episodes are Spongebob going about Spongebob's life, but he's almost always bouncing off of somebody.

Or do you just mean that the shows should be allowed to feature more than two characters?

I doubt either will get picked up. Nick seems completely uninterested in greenlighting action series that aren't TMNT.

Source: Your ass

God this was slow paced. Maybe as a preschool show?