ITT: Cringy dialogues

Attached: america chavez.jpg (1940x1376, 814K)

Attached: 1519491970700.jpg (900x617, 185K)

Attached: 1518674359034.png (800x571, 598K)

Attached: 91C26356-B7C3-4809-B119-11545E0561B5.png (812x458, 551K)

And this

Attached: 37108ECD-0EC9-4CB1-98FD-8183F8A76620.jpg (546x372, 85K)

Holly menstruation! This is literally me

And yet ADfags will defend this.

Any iconic quote of Darkseid’s.

Is the 14 year old girl the one saying this?

She’s 15 and yes. I can usually get past strange dialogue but this scene made me burst out laughing

Attached: 1512566857608.jpg (678x644, 183K)

Attached: steal_my_sunshine_by_vanheist-d69rmoq.png (1462x547, 868K)

You mean like dialogs written by Bendis?

>Sup Forums thinks this is good comics
Christ

Attached: 1517615995191.jpg (349x237, 8K)

Not if you hear them in Michael Ironside's voice.

She was trying to egg him on, as retarded as it sounds. It's fine.

Honestly, I don't hate America
If you went back 60 years, she's exactly the kind of hero that was being created
She's basically Superman but female and hispanic looking, Super strong hero who hails from a utopia struck by disaster, not only that but she also pushes forward whatever agenda the writer wanted. Like Superman did, but it's really easy to see because the average American is smarter. She's just another power fantasy hero, who gievs a shit?

Bendis?

Yes, Bendis the comic book writer.

The problem with America is not the concept bahind it all.
It's the god-awful execution. It's the google-translate spanglish, the shit writing, the cringeworthy details, the dialog, the phoned-in art. And while you could give the artist a pass (just imagine, you wait for a gig and all you get is fucking America. You just need two minutes and the script to realize it's not going to work so why bother putting in more effort than necessary?), the writer has no excuse for being so shit at everything.
Keep in mind, she didn't come up with the concepts behind America, she was already an established character. That's the worst part. Nothing of what she did was remotely good and that's impressive. It takes effort to be this bad at everything.

Attached: ela latinx goblinx.jpg (1041x1600, 475K)

It's clearly a monologue, ya dip

>she's a bad mama jama

Attached: jc.png (226x223, 13K)

I like Aaron but he really shouldn't be writing this kind of character. He's straight fantasy stuff is fun

Attached: RCO010.jpg (1332x2048, 907K)

Bendis is a comic book writer?

yes, he writes comics.

>character whose "superpower" is literally knowing she's in a comic book universe and who exploits tropes
>knowing how to egg on a huge egomaniac whose biggest flaw is he's a huge egomaniac
I see no problem here.

>ordering bacon
wat
Is this someone namedropping a reddit-tier meme ten years after its death or is there a rational explanation?

Attached: 1438264856761.jpg (620x961, 148K)

Attached: RCO009.jpg (1332x2048, 843K)

Alright, you asked for it.

Attached: RealBendis1.jpg (1055x1628, 265K)

Attached: RealBendis2.png (941x903, 854K)

Attached: RealBendis3.jpg (483x750, 88K)

>all those repeated panels
Penciling a story for Bendis must be the easiest shit ever.

I imagine you'd feel kinda dirty doing it, though.

Attached: RealBendis4.jpg (1920x2951, 1.65M)

....i refuse to believe this isn't edited.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (900x692, 184K)

Attached: RealBendis5.jpg (648x1024, 209K)

I feel like a casual would drop this immediately after taking one like at this page

jesus, why doesn't he just write a book?

>Hitting someone who's restrained/given up
FEMINISM!

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1988x3056, 710K)

''I-it was shit on purpose!!!''

Yeah, I just gathered these from a Bendis thread. I'm not sure how real all of them are, although certain ones are obviously not shopped.

Attached: RealBendis6.jpg (669x1024, 245K)

I'm guessing his books would have a giant dull chunk of exposition before the damn story gets started, like a lot of fantasy books do.

Attached: RealBendis7.jpg (1988x3056, 1.57M)

Attached: RealBendis8.jpg (1280x984, 261K)

Attached: RealBendis9.jpg (604x508, 122K)

The copy-pasted panels are trash, but at least they are serviceable. They tell me who is speaking and what they're saying, even if every single word that comes out of their mouth is some inane crap I couldn't care less about.

But this makes me furious. Imagine having to read a fucking novel before you even realize about who's speaking. In the cop one, at least, after you execute the physically painful action of looking at the bottom of the page, looking back up, and start reading, you can at least rest assured that Left = Fat Cop and Right = Other Cop. In the Luke Cage one you actually have to be mindful of what the fuck you are reading to be sure not to get confused. Jesus Christ.

...and last but not least, the cherry on the shit sundae.

Attached: RealBendisOMFG.jpg (2144x1920, 1.29M)

>retard doesn't understand the difference between bad-but-appropriate-writing and just plain bad writing
The character is shit but what she is doing is appropriate within the context of her character. No one is defending Gwenpool.

>cringly dialogues
>posts a monologue

Attached: brainlet.png (621x702, 56K)

>>retard doesn't understand the difference between bad-but-appropriate-writing and just plain bad writing

The problem is that the rest of the comic is filled with bad writting all over the place

and let's not start with the HORRIBLE artwork

Attached: 1519519338041.jpg (1988x3056, 1.57M)

>The character is shit but what she is doing is appropriate within the context of her character

This is how we spot the waifufag ''the character is shit but somehow I know about her to know that the context makes the dialogue about farts not shit''

Not him, but
>any time any character makes a bad joke it's bad writing and not at all a part of a character
seriously?

>>any time any character makes a bad joke it's bad writing and not at all a part of a character
>seriously?

You write a scene about a character ''egging'' another character while being funny.

Did she rape him?

"Literally intrigued" is just....amazing. Never gets old. State of the art writing. Generations from now will look back at this and mark it down as the start of a new age of literature.

Nice digits.
You're giving comic book artists too much credit, I think.

I am absolutely a better artist than that, and I have crippling self-esteem issues.

That one actually makes sense given the character.

pyw

>holding a sword by the blade

>ghost legs that let you see the floor

And according to Gwenpool faggots, this artwork is not the worst among all Marvel books, some of them even argue that this looks like the regular artist

Attached: 1519750842662.jpg (1016x468, 131K)

ASS TO ASS

I can't post every episode of Steven Universe.

I haven't actually drawn much in a while, but this is what I was working on last.

Attached: kw wip.png (2807x2607, 907K)

Attached: nfl3i4z_d.jpg (640x987, 104K)

Of course the Ultra Devil would try to shit on something like this.
Shoo, shoo.

what is the point WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT

They know Carol Danvers.

>that fucking self insert character

every fucking time

>Pls don't shit on this shitty exposition because it's from rebirth.

I remember trying to read this online one night a few years ago and actually getting a headache and dropping it

I haven't read a DC comic since Rotworld started dragging and Dial H got an art downgrade for the fourth time. There's room for heart and sincerity in the medium, you colossal faggot.

I refuse to believe these are real.

>Expository dialogue and one dimensional characters is heart and sincerity.

I doubt that you aren't religiously reading Superman and Super sons if you're defending Tomasi.

>Letting random strangers turn you into a hermit

Was this girl homeschooled? Usually, the crippling anxiety and stress of school is suppose to toughen you up for awkward social encounters and uncomfortable situations in the real world.

This is the equivalent of stepping in dog shit and letting it ruin your life.

This is literally impossible to read

Believe whatever you want, I'm just sick of the edgy cynicism that won't fuck off. Anything that at least tries to go in the other direction is worth praising.

As someone that goes on /ic/ dats bretty gud. I can appreciate the artstyle for what it is.

>Try battling cancer
Don't actual people with cancer hate it when you call it "battling cancer"?

Why's that?

Attached: RCO008.jpg (1041x1600, 498K)

Because you aren't battling anything. You're just hoping that whatever your doctors are doing works. I have a friend who went through chemo as a kid and he said that "battling" rhetoric made him depressed since he felt that maybe he wasn't fighting enough, but it wasn't up to his mindset really.
I dunno, it's such a bad cliched line for Aaron to include as something a cancer patient would say to a space viking.

I should point out that's not an original design of mine, but I do genuinely appreciate the compliment: means I was able to reproduce it somewhat faithfully.

Attached: kw.jpg (1080x720, 92K)

Cancer patients don't care about semantics.

I'm not "battling cancer". I'm trying to keep a positive attitude hoping that this time the chemo sticks and, if it doesn't, at least it doesn't metastasize into an unoperable place.
For other people, it's hoping the chemo is strong enough to reduce the cancer to a size that can be extracted.
For other, it's just waiting to die.

In any of the cases, you're not doing anything but voluntarily putting poison in your veins. "Battle" implies you're actively fighting something. You don't. Cancer is not under your control, it's not something you can change.
Nothing you can do affects the chance of the chemo working. You just wait and hope for the best.

You accept that there's some thing beyond your control and make peace with the fact that you are possibly going to die, or you go mad with grief. But you'd be surprised what kind of things people get used to.

dangit bobby

Because a battle ends.
Many forms of cancer can come back to bite you in the ass again, even years after succesful treatment.
And because one of the hardest things to deal with when struggling with cancer is the powerlessness. The fact that your getting better depends on so many factors that can hardly be predicted, you never have any idea of whether or not your condition will worsen suddenly or just stay slow so it can be treated.
"Help us in the battle against cancer" is a cool catchphrase made up by associations and such for fundraising. It sounds a lot better than "help us so we can maybe find new ways to helpe people not die too soon because holy shit cancerology is insanely complicated". Much like the term "the cure for cancer" which is equally stupid as there are as many required cures as there are types of cancer.

What's the context behind this
Is this real

It's absolutely real.

In that case.what's the context behind it.was it just typical feminist bullshit or was there an actual reason for it?

Attached: edgy12yo.jpg (1006x1600, 475K)

Are there any edgy writers who are actually good and not just cringeworthy? Millar, Ellis and Ennis just come off as nerds trying way too hard to be cool

>edgy writers who are not just cringeworthy
That's an oxymoron.

you got somewhere you post what you have done? this is some nice stuff.

>she's a bad mama jama

New headcanon, Loki is actually John Dorian.

Who is this qt3.14

/thread