Would you be okay with lesbians in cartoons/comics if they were all cute? Or is it inappropriate no matter what?

Would you be okay with lesbians in cartoons/comics if they were all cute? Or is it inappropriate no matter what?

Attached: favourite_thing.png (436x438, 197K)

Everybody and their mothers can agree at this point that it's fine to have gays and lesbians unless it composes the majority of their character.

Man, as long as they don't explicitly show sex/intimacy beyond hand holding and hugs there's no reason they can't have characters that are also gay/lesbian/bi. Just don't turn it into an identity politics thing.

Even when it targets children? Rumor has it that Elsa will have a girlfriend in Frozen 2.

Should young girls really be watching their idol kiss another woman on the silver screen?

I'd question characters kissing in children's media regardless, but why is it specifically bad if it's two girls?

>Why is it bad to show forbidden love to innocent 5-year-olds?
Really?

Attached: akko_annoyed3.png (360x351, 154K)

Or if it's a last-minute token addition that contributes nothing but a label to a character for the sake of the creators looking diverse and forward thinking. Balance is important, and crowds are cynical.

Attached: korrasami.jpg (637x542, 40K)

Well, this thread wrapped up nicely.

Don't make it an identity politics thing, don't make the characters suck face.

I wish all threads answered the question, this quickly and efficiently.

Take note America, this is what a real lesbian relationship looks and sounds like.

Attached: knuckles.png (394x386, 150K)

I thought it looked like this?

Attached: thirstygaygirls.png (888x888, 580K)

There's no way Disney is gonna risk jeopardizing even a percentage of Elsa's marketing potential by making her gay. The first gay disney princess is at least another decade away.

But user. That's fucking boring.

We all know western creators are horny as fuck to force lesbian/gay ships aggressively with existing characters and to make cis het white scum mad.

they'll just let her hold hands with some another girl, fands will do the rest and make all the conclusions (and it doesn't matters if there was smth real behind that)

great argument

>targets children

Are you for real? Because I'm gay and I grew up without a single gay influence in any form of media, every princess had her prince and they always kissed at the end. It's not targeting to show love. Not every character in every TV show or movie should be gay but they shouldn't all be straight either. Just don't make either a defining character trait and it'll be fine.

You were never allowed to love that cute person of your sex when you were growing up, were you?

Fucking bitch. Everyone knows Knuckles is the best.

Attached: 1509348182115.gif (480x361, 263K)

I want to see a gay or lesbian character discover they're actually straight.

It can't just be a one-way street from straight to gay.

True.

Attached: 26.png (888x888, 585K)

It's appropriate no matter how they look.

So you guys buying Shen's half-assed merch yet?

Attached: shillin.png (1026x638, 455K)

Ada and Teresa are one good example of how not to write LGBT characters; their personality entirely revolve around how they're girlfriends with the quirk that one is a nerd and the other is a retard.

Korra and Asami are another good example of how not to write LGBT characters; making their relationship canon in the last second for some brownie point when it hasn't even been implied or developed beforehand for three seasons.

Attached: no longer give a damn.jpg (300x300, 19K)

25 bucks for a fucking pillow? what a thief.

>implying I didn't already buy shirts of my waifu and everyone else's waifu when they were on sale, just to say that I did

That's TeePublic. Submitted designs apply to all branches of their production, and short of fixed sales all prices are provided by the company rather than the design owner. Shen mostly marked the designs as new stickers and T-shirts.

Attached: heykidwannall.png (417x280, 91K)

I hope her gf is her sister

That doesn't happen nearly as often in real life though so it wouldn't make sense to include it. People don't grow up with everyone around them assuming they're gay, they have to figure that out by themselves so to 'figure that out' and have it be wrong would just be misrepresentation. A gay/lesbian character could however realise they're bi, or even ace and it would make sense.

pda adds almost nothing to anything the vast majority of the time. sex scenes are an absolute waste of screen time. the only things that should ever be shown are things that advance the plot, like true loves first kiss or some sort of rape essential to the story for some reason

Kids with gay or lesbian parents might.

Gay/Lesbian parents would almost surely take the time to properly explain sexuality, unlike most straight parents who might make a half-arsed comment if the kid sees a gay couple on TV at best.

I WANT TO SEE DRIPPING VAGINAS RUBBING TOGETHER ON PBS

I'll definitely be picking up one of these shirts when he makes them.

Attached: tshirt.png (881x441, 267K)

Disagree on Ada and Teresa. They're the same as any romantically-involved mismatched-personality couple characters. There's no will they/won't they queerbaiting and there's no retarded agenda.

Agree with Korra and Asami, they might actually be the worst lesbian pairing in any media. Completely out of the blue at the very last moment, only idiots and Tom Preston could take it seriously.

>Ada and Teresa are one good example of how not to write LGBT characters; their personality entirely revolve around how they're girlfriends with the quirk that one is a nerd and the other is a retard.

except fuck you

What a faggot. I bet you also thought Disney princesses movies teaches girls to be in abusive relationships, cry like a bitch in face of responsibility. And be a seductive 16 year old kissing old men for what you want and being violated in the mouth while you asleep is okay

>one black boob and one red boob

Attached: oh ho what do we have here.png (253x276, 123K)

>Missmatched colored boobs
>Gamer
>Goofy and msissing the point of pretty much everything

Attached: bucket.jpg (400x300, 29K)

>I'd question characters kissing in children's media regardless
Oh come on man. Literally nothing wrong with shit like Aladdin kissing Jasmine at the end of the movie.

Too bad she's in a committed gay relationship, huh? At least there's options.

Attached: no way.png (888x467, 722K)

The question now focuses on her nipples. Do they match the color of each boob? Are they the same single color across both? Or, more exotically, are they opposite of the respective boob's color, i.e. the legendary yin-yang tit?

It's not an option when it's an INSTANT YES, user....

I'll pick Ying-Yang Boobs for eight hundred, Rob!!!

They're actually black on both sides. Teresa may be special in almost every way, but not with her nips.

I'm fine with lesbians in comics and cartoons if they're well written and entertaining and not 'LOOK, LESBIANS! EN MARCHE! PROGRESS! WE CAN DO IT!"

>Runfast the Gogetter predicted both Sonic Mania and Cuphead simultaneously

And to think that there's still people saying that Sup Forums is a dumpster full of bullshitters and cynicism,uh?

It could be like an expansion of pic related.

Attached: Coming_Out_as_Straight.jpg (650x637, 82K)

Attached: 1466706371234.jpg (1055x1419, 545K)

>if they're cute
Finally you understand
Absolutely yes
Soon cute anime catgirl Nazi lesbians will take over the world in what will be known as "The Les-bensraum"

Attached: ordinary-people-creative-people-19935761.png (500x1022, 91K)