Harley and her 4 PHDs KEK theory

Well, it made us laugh a lot but a friend had an idea. Maybe it's a recon and Harley isn't a psychiatrist but really a neurologist and maybe somebody blew out Joker's brains like they did in Morrison's run, something similar to Johan in Monster if somebody knows the story.

4 PHDs is still a funny shit but it's possible King is making a recon

Attached: Batman (2016-) 042-022.jpg (1988x3056, 848K)

>In her late 20's at most
>Is written as a ditz
>4 PhD's
Yeah, I've been enjoying this run, but the last few stories outside of the double date have been really fucking bad, is king just fucking around on purpose to make people mad?
She apparently has 4 phd's when it's not possible to have them that young, maybe 4 BSc's or MSc's but not PhD's, it's like when they use "science" on the flash TV show and you have a black hole with an event horizon with an energy level of 1µJ, you'd think they'd actually put some form of research into it.

Do comic writers have absolutely no understanding of how academia works?
There would be no point in getting multiple PhDs in the same field. Have they not heard of postdocs?
Getting multiple PhDs at all is incredibly rare, and is a pretty ridiculous life choise, given the amount of time and commitement involved. Speaking of which, that means Harley spent at least 12 years just doing PhDs, unless they're referring to honorary doctorates.

Attached: 1491326618963.png (348x288, 136K)

HhahahaHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

>Four PhD's
>In the same subject
Not only is that useless, but most universities I know of wouldn't allow you to get another PhD in the same field (or similar enough) then the one you already had. If he said something like "someone who is at the forefront of neurology" then sure, Harley is a fucking psychologist and shouldn't have a neurology degree but at least it's somewhere in the realm of possibility. The thing I hate most about this is that it only takes 5-10 minutes of googling/reading to understand why this is bs and change it. The sheer fucking lack of effort is astounding.

I re-read this a few times and decided that Bruce was referring to some other doctor. Harley is just there for, like, a check up.

Frankly, this is still not the most absurd thing in the issue.

And people wonder why comic sales keep falling.

>Harley is a fucking psychologist and shouldn't have a neurology

Maybe Harley is not a fucking psychologist and that's the recon

And people wonder why the average joe thinks comics are for kids. Everyone's a Chad/Stacey-looking, Von Braun-Tier brain, with an 8" Cock/DD-Breasts, is rich as hell/doesn't need to work, is some sort of chosen one and all that jazz. It's fucking lazy writting and self-insertion.

Tom King is a dumbass.

The word you're looking for is "retcon"

Jesus lol

>Four PhDs in neurology
Fucking comics.

King writes out of character worse than Rivera

>Do comic writers have absolutely no understanding of how academia works?
Most of them have little to no understanding how anything works.

>1µJ

Did they say that?

At this point it'd be better if we consider King's Bats as out of continuity or something like that, the amount of things King gets away with is really astonishing. Next thing we know Scarecrow is really a living scarecrow

>I re-read this a few times and decided that Bruce was referring to some other doctor. Harley is just there for, like, a check u
That is exactly how I'm interpreting it.

They said it was a singularity with an event horizon of 6.7TeV, that's eqivilent to a micro joule

They're sheltered basement dwellers, of course they don't.

hahahahahaaa

Most of them probabbly did bad in high-school and went to an art school. Of course they have no idea how it works.

Hey, Harley sucked a lot of cock and drained many a balls for each of those PHDs, don’t try and diminish her hard work

Honorary doctorates could explain a few.

>They're sheltered basement dwellers, of course they don't.
>Interned at Marvel and DC
>Graduated from Columbia degree in History and Philosophy
>Clerked at a Washington DC courthouse
>joined CIA spent 10 years running counter terrorism ops
>Sheltered
This projection.

that was always shit user, whoever thinks you can fuck your way is retarded.

Harley is mid to late 30s user
she is the same age as Bruce

It might be retarded, but it’s canon and it does happen occasionally

So, what i'm seeing there is:
>Made coffee
>Wrote term papers about how various historical figures were secretly gay, because professors either are gay and secretly agree or aren't gay but live in fear of the backlash from the GLB groups.
>Filed papers in a mass faceless bureaucracy
>Made coffee.
Such is life?

>not knowing shit about a character
>complaining anyway

Attached: Xr3n2Ji.png (1861x1680, 3.39M)

My read was either that he had a head injury, or that she's got one real one, and 3 ones she fucked/cheated her way into, or possibly had withdrawn when she became a supercriminal.

An alternate idea was she was the same psychyatrist she's been mostly, but had 4 neurologists on leashes. on call.

no user, you might get one or two things with that but there're so many classes and tests, etc. It is not possible, now if you have a lot of money that's different

Why are they writing bulshit like this,then?
Are they being stupid on purpose?

Attached: 1511548004269.jpg (2268x1764, 1.88M)

Well, keeping it real and grounded got him critical aclaim but ass sales. I suspect he's trying losening it up, or maybe not giving as much of a fuck.

It worked for Bendis.

>go into the peace corps
That's not a profession.

Paul Dini thought that way.

Because King is putting all of his efforts into Mr Miracle, he knows Batman will sell no matter how shit it is, remember New 52?

Point made. However, getting a BA or two will tell you absolutely nothing about the academy.

I thought so but it seems he was talking about Harley. Next issue we'll find it

I really don't think this comic is worth this much discussion. It only feeds King's sycophants even more.

Just accept the book sucks and move on with your lives.

In Suicide Squad she's a psychiatrist, the retcon would contradict Suicide Squad though with Doomsday Clock, Manhattan and Metal who knows.

He corrected it I guess since after Mad Love the original comic it was erased in her introduction to the DCU and in BTAS

>not getting four phds in the same thing for the lulz

I mean, there are lots of branches to neuroscience, and being an expert in 4 of them would make you some kind of genius, but getting a PhD in all of them would be ridiculous. But this is comic book land, where ridiculous is ordinary. Professor X graduated from Bard's College and Harvard by the age of 16, and holds PhDs in Genetics and Biophysics from Oxford. He also received degrees in Psychology, Anthropology and Psychiatry. This was all achieved before his thirties, I think.

Also a US PhD takes a fucking ridiculously long time because colleges use grad students as indentured servants. (lol burgers) UK only takes 4 years to get a MA and PhD.

Your professors and doctors are also less qualified than american ones in their respective fields

I'm convinced Professor X copied with his mutant powers

harley having four phd's is more believable than selina taking down barry, wally and not-wally

Part of the reason US PhDs take so long is that they tend to have more requirements. You don't have to take six years to finish one, but you do need to do more than write a thesis.

being a neurologist phd and a psychologist phd is not outside the realm of happening since many mental issues which need treatment can be caused by brain deformities.

In fact physical damage is a common cause of mental illness, people in accidents and things like that

Context?

>people

You mean Sup Forums. Normies realize superheroes are just soap operas for males and cheap turn off brain and watch films.

Batman #42 the new arc

>Harley is mid to late 30s user
>she is the same age as Bruce

but Bruce is eternally 30!!

>>joined CIA
HOLY SHIT! TOM KING WAS IN THE CIA???

Attached: harley.png (353x446, 212K)

>It's not possible
Batman mastered every single martial in the world and he's not even in his 30s. It's just comics, user.

Please tell me you're kidding. Tom King being in CIA is like one factoid everyone knew about him, and everyone tried to force his work on Grayson: Futures End and Omega Men to be somehow tied to his CIA work even though he denied it had anything to do with it.

You do realize that 'neurology' is a broad discipline including e.g. neurosurgery, neurobiology, clinical neurophysiology, neuromuscular medicine, pain medicine, sleep medicine, neurocritical care, vascular neurology, behavioral neurology, child neurology, neuroimaging, neurorehabilitation, and interventional neurology....

She could've gotten PHDs in any of these specialties.

Why can't she be a psychiatrist AND a neurologist? It's all medicine...

what does it have to do with fuck her way? to be a hack is one thing and fuck your way another.

And in "The Batman", Harley is a TV personality "doctor" who pretty much bullshits everybody and gets money for it, exactly what DCAU Harley originally planned to do with her ill-gotten Ph.D. Dini wrote the episode, too, so it seems to me that in his mind, she was never an innocent or nice person even before meeting Joker.

two posts user?

Black Hand was originally a criminal who had a book with a bunch of random trivia and factoids for every occasion he would use while committing crimes, until he was reworked to have an obsession with death by Grant Morrison, and eventually by Geoff Johns to be related to Black Lanterns, making him a much better and fitting villain for GL that he was "originally intended".

Your point is?

I wanted to add a bit more at the end, so I wiped the first post.

>And in "The Batman", Harley is a TV personality "doctor" who pretty much bullshits everybody and gets money for it, exactly what DCAU Harley originally planned to do with her ill-gotten Ph.D.

To be a hack is one thing and fuck your way another.

>Dini wrote the episode, too, so it seems to me that in his mind, she was never an innocent or nice person even before meeting Joker.

Dini wanted to say she wasn't innocent but he changed the nature of her evil actions so anyway he corrected the point.

Cont - because my point is that Harley USED to be just a Joker's sidekick, so her being a sorta bad person roped by a really terrible person was a fittingly tragic story of depending on others.
But now that Harley is an antihero, she could use backstory that emphasises her strengths instead, to put focus on her as an independent character.

boring, it'd have been better as Faust meeting Mephistopheles

>She apparently has 4 phd's when it's not possible to have them that young
Of all things, THIS is what breaks your precious suspension of disbelief?

Attached: Reign524-5.jpg (329x308, 57K)

I mean, idea of a highly-competent psychiatrist who also is completely bonker and has like five different mental illnesses IS kinda funny.
Again, reminder that Batman has MASTERED EVERY SINGLE MARTIAL ART IN THE WORLD.
There are hundreds of different martial arts, and mastering ONE can take over a decade, or even a lifetime.

Batman is in his 30s, just like Harley.

MAYBE IT'S A JAB ABOUT SHE'S FUCKING BONKERS

>I mean, idea of a highly-competent psychiatrist who also is completely bonker and has like five different mental illnesses IS kinda funny.

I'm not sure if you got the wrong user cause ????

Harley is mid 30s at least

You’re right about Harley, but Bruce is in his late 40s

Don't know about the other stuff, but he has said in interviews that Sheriff of Babylon was based on his personal experiences in Iraq, so I doubt he was just a paper pusher.

Attached: sheriffofbabylon.jpg (905x693, 168K)