Remember the bad guys on those shows you used to watch on Saturday mornings? Well these guys are not like those guys...

>Remember the bad guys on those shows you used to watch on Saturday mornings? Well these guys are not like those guys. They won't exercise restraint because you're children. They will *kill* you if they get the chance. Do not give them that chance.
Will Incredibles 2 be as good as the first?

Attached: i.png (2000x1380, 91K)

no

>the kids facial expressions as she was saying that line
probably not

Wait....
But didn't Syndrome not kill them when he had his chance?

Because Syndrome wanted to gloat first which was his mistake

Remember Frozones spiel at the beginning of the movie? When him and Bob were in the car? That's what he was talking about.

because syndrome had to big a ego to simply kill them, he needed to gloat and make a show of it

Are we forgetting about the plane scene or something?
No not that scene, the other non-meme one.

I love that part of the movie. The idea of super heroes knowing their own tropes and even villains falling into those habits is great. When Mr.Invredible made Syndrome monologue it's like he couldn't help himself until he caught on.

>you sly dog, you got me monologuing!

I think it will be better than Finding Dory or the Cars sequels but not nearly the masterpiece that was the first.

Expect something like Toy Story 3: re-hash that has a great final 20 minutes.

I fucking hate when movies go "it's not like in the movies". What a crock of shit.

So just like a Saturday morning cartoon villain then

Real life "villains" have that problem too.

In Helen's sort-of-defense they'd made an attempt on their lives earlier, and while Syndrome has his quirks regarding certain opponents his guards once threatened were very much operating on a shoot on sight indiscriminately.
Shit as it is, CS made a point that Bob didn't get him to do anything, though I guess it sort of makes sense for Syndrome to place the blame on Bob instead of saying he let him monologue.
Also in that case I feel it made sense for him to monologue since they were having something of a discussion about how their paths from their pasts diverged, he wasn't just going on about his death being inevitable like Frozone's guy.

What's funny about that scene is it actually makes LESS sense Syndrome sent missiles when he didn't know who it was ,was compared to when he did.

Syndrome acts like he's apprehensive about the government learning of his little game, and rightfully so given it's not mass murder but conspiracy, but shooting down a nonhostile plane, unprovoked, with possible G-Men with unknown information and intentions and expecting no follow up investigation is insane.
Not even in a That's The Point way, in a way that directly contradicts his own sensibilities a few seconds earlier, in a way that could have lead to an act of war. Even if he sent the missile out of spite for Bob, all Bob gave him was the implication he knew someone on board named Helen, and Bob knew a lot of people during his tenure as a hero. The president could have been aboard with her.

I'm saying all this because the movie makes out Syndrome was so discrete about his supervillain status for years as part of some elaborate scheme to pull a Tony Stark, starting in weapons development and then turning into a hero who defeats his own creations for good press, but then decides fuck it and just starts sabotaging his own scheme in an instant.
It would have made more sense to let the plane land, bluff that Bob was doing hero work for them but Mirage wasn't aware he hadn't cleared it with the suits and his family, then say he just up and disappeared. If Helen brings up tracking his signal, strip Bob of the suit and say he left it for them to modify or something. There's nothing else to incriminate them since the fact Bob and the other heroes left unannounced to begin with absolve him of responsibility, they could be secretly forming the Justice League in space using tech bought from Syndrome.

There's so many ways to dodge the problem until confirming the targets can be eliminated without issue than sending missiles blind.

Attached: 1383966698125.gif (500x281, 92K)

This desu

Lots of serial killers and other spree-criminals like to taunt or boast to the police about how clever they are, how dumb the cops are, and/or how they'll never catch them. This of course just makes it easier for the cops to catch them.

His plan had pretty much entered the final stage, though. I don't remember the time scale of the movie very well, but wasn't it just the next morning that he launched the Omnidroid?

Syndrome acted reasonably and rationally, right up until he had Bob at his mercy. At that point he couldn't help but taunt, mock, and belittle Mr. Incredibly at every possible moment even if it was pointless or a terrible idea. He got wrapped up in sticking it to him.

Yeah but they don't have a writer smugly emphasize that they're not like cartoons while being in a literal cartoon.

>The president could have been aboard with her
They had comms the whole time, I feel like he'd know if the fucking president was on board.

Sure, but Syndrome should know that hypothetically fighting a giant robot isn't going to make the government just forget a plane of theirs went missing and again if VIP were on that plane that they were not heard from again.

There's no scenario where it pans out for him to continue to play hero, even if it were more cliché if the movie shifted gears to him revealing to society their support allowed him to simultaneously create the ICBM Omnidroids and systematically kill off the heroes who could stop him but they forced into hiding, then it would have made perfect sense.
Faced with the seeming threat of a weapon he was going to use and not just play with, all anyone could do is shrug under the shadow of their new overlord. By him or the supers, the second the Omnidroid is down he crippled his own plan.

Very true, but it reminds me of another big slip from his ego. He could have quietly disappeared with Jack-Jack hours before the Parrs arrived, then sent a message like Mirage did mocking them from the safety of wherever, but he just waited in their house for some reason until they arrived to stop him.

It was hyperbole, but the point is Syndrome had no idea who Bob supposedly contacted or how many were on the plane or what level of authority they were. He had an intel network but clearly not thorough enough to know no one in the government had been alerted, the signal transmitted to Edna's place and the plane was just Snug's.

Helen was talking about henchmen, who need to collect their pay. Henchmen are often token in cartoons and easy pickings and the point of that speech was to take them seriously.