Why weren't mexicans upset at the irresponsible and frankly offensive portrayal of them this movie presented?

Why weren't mexicans upset at the irresponsible and frankly offensive portrayal of them this movie presented?

Attached: Coco.jpg (769x1100, 293K)

They don't give a shit?

History has long taught us Mexicans don't give two shits about such things.

Some of them LIKE it.

Attached: Speedy_Gonzales.svg.png (200x251, 22K)

we just like attention

the fucking you talking about offensive and irresponsible? It was a fun touching movie that didn't go into "dude drug carteles LMAO"

>abuelita

Attached: 1516584514808.jpg (500x424, 25K)

This. It's because for once there's a movie that portrays Mexicans as people rather than generic thugs or cartel members.

Or border jumpers. I'm sure migrant workers would like that have their old portrayals as guys just moving around and working on farms for a living.

Speedy is an accurate depiction of them. He's a rodent who resides where he isn't wanted and breeds at an absurd rate

>upset at the irresponsible and frankly offensive portrayal of them this movie presented

Because it was spot on, funny and it isn't offensive. It was fucking amazing and their was literally nothing wrong about it. Stop being mad for people you dumb SJW fuckwads!

Go back to Tumblr son.

I want to fuck Imelda

Because we know our culture unlike you Chicano shits.

Are liberals this offended that a movie doesn't portray respecting traditions as a sin for cavemen?

Because we're not hyper-sensitive pussies like ameriburgers

The only people who could get upset are folks who take Santeria seriously, and that's something of a taboo werido cult. It's like making fun of Rastafarianism: other Jamaicans hate them and actual Rastas live in hill caves so you've got free reign.

Attached: rastas-clipart-10.png (300x382, 122K)

It was accurate. Mexicans make fun of themselves all the time, some comedians dress up as the most stereotypical characters for jokes, and the actual people that might find that offensive are too busy working trying to preserve their culture to pay attention to what we know is cheap comedy

You might thought find people offended when Mexicans are portrayed as stereotypical capital barrio habitants. Fuck televisa and their need to run "barrio people" to the ground

Santeria isn't related to day of the dead

The Fact that Grandma didn't beat the shit out of Paco or what ever the fuck his little disrespectful ass name is with the chancla really pissed me off.

I mean that there's no popular religuous devotion to a canonical Day of the Dead scripture. It's like Christmas trees or the easter bunny or something, tangential to Christianity but not codified itself in some way.

>other Jamaicans hate them
As a Jamaican this is utterly bullshit, we don't hate the Rasta man only make fun him monwe also make fun of everyone and everything

>he's never met anyone from mexico or of mexican descent

Mexicans would be more offended by Goku losing to Jiren than by being bad represented.
t. mex

Upvoted

Is it really true that DBZ is realllly popular down south?

Have you considered hating them? They're near by, easily ridiculed and blamed for unprovable ills, and they're probably to high to stop you or care.

It has something to do with hiring cultural experts and consultants to make sure that they're getting it right and it's not just racist caricatures dancing around for the entertainment of other cultures.

>world wild popular anime
>is it popular at X place?
Think son.

Why was it offensive? Because the family was poor?

Only among dweebs, and nobody respects them here.

From what I've heard, most Mexicans are just happy to see their country in anything.

Yes, no joke. The government is even getting the rights to broadcast the last DBS episodes in public squares and stadiums.

Attached: MameGoku03.png (800x800, 798K)

>down south
Why do amerimutts talk like this?

they weren't even poor, they just lived a simple life. their business was relatively successful

Funny how one can tell you are a Murricard by reading your stupid opinion.

Only niggers and faggots whine about muh representation.

At this point is practically part of our culture

>chicanos

Fuck, I liked this movie.

I'm sorry but a kid working just screams poverty

Mexicans are the white people of minorities. They don't get easily offended.

>white people
They're the most offended people you twit, that they want to be offended for other minorities too

Different cultures my dude.

>all mexicans live in murrica
Ameritards everyone

I'm from South America and that's not culture that's poverty. You can argue it's culture because of long history of poverty in Latin America but poverty nonetheless

Get out chicano de mierda.

Because it wasnt wildly inaccurate. We still listen to fucking pedro infante and vicente fernandez, and tight knit families like that are a thing. And if you go down south they celebrate day of the dead just like that, only with some crying at the end.

Also we dont give a fuck, we're used to being portrayed as short, greasy, hairy brown people so anything else is a step up

Attached: hugo_sanchez.jpg (321x461, 84K)

mexicans too busy surviving from cartel violence at the moment

>irresponsible and frankly offensive
Compared to most other big budget productions, Coco is immensely tame with how it portrays Mexicans

>Dante's tongue
How the fuck did I not notice that in this poster until now?

Attached: Joshball.jpg (400x359, 17K)

Because we don't care about your liberal/social justice bullshit. We are too busy killing each other, being poor and watching soccer to give a shit.

Mexicans are the Filipinos of North America

Well technically both the Philippines and Mexico were the same spanish colony for a couple of centuries.

Wasn't bunch of people on staff mexicans?

>only
HA, see also

That's asians and boy the sjw stock has been really pushing it lately.

Attached: yellow.png (776x636, 270K)

Because they're not sensitive crybabies with a victim complex like the SJW's want them to be lol

There's a lot of homeless dogs in Mexico. They're treated like crap, which opposes the portrayal in the film.

Attached: Coco_Dante3.jpg (516x381, 17K)

I work with a fair amount of Mexicans and they all loved the movie. It's not as if they don't care because they don't know about it, they fucking love the film and brag about how you're not a real Mexican if you didn't cry at the end.

mexica-americans =/= mexicans, completely different cultures, mexican-americans are practically niggers culturally.

it's just to help build character.

For starters, motherfucking Xoloitzcuintlis are rare and EXPENSIVE so you would never see a stray one like Dante.

Attached: xoloitzcuintli.jpg (1333x1200, 296K)

Speedy is the coolest fucking guy though. I mean, he runs THAT fast, and his sombrero never falls off? Man, what a guy.

That's because you don't have a family business to help run nigger

I thought it was portraying a common dog roaming the streets, my bad.

Yeah despite of that, you have a point. Free-ranging dog are treated like shit most of the time in Mexico. So the portrayal of Dante is not accurate.

Because Mexicans... Latin Americans like to see their cultures represented in various media

No I don't, you're right but I don't see your point

Mexican here an I love speedy, he has good chemistry with a lot of characters wich makes almost all his appearances memorable.

>white women and non-japanese asians protest a museum showcase (Funded by NHK) the intersection of Japanese and French culture because cultural imperialism
>actual japanese women call them idiots
Its funny how they do this shit

Attached: kimonowednesday_02.jpg (835x557, 68K)

Why the fuck would we?

This poster gives away the plot twist, but i guess everyone has seen the movie already, so it doesn't matter.

>REMEMBER ME
>THOUGH I HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE
>REMEMBER ME

Attached: F9AABEBF-B366-4107-ACDC-252EEDA5AECA.png (1024x582, 346K)

>abuelita

Attached: sadwokaj25.png (700x700, 1.87M)