Why are webcomics so generic?

Why are webcomics so generic?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1600x900, 397K)

because you're reading page a day SOL shit

comedy is hard and relatable facebook humor gets you upvotes desu

Attached: 1510087016811.png (1388x1088, 622K)

No effort or skill required.

fpbp

Attached: pg_00007.png (1000x1577, 1.87M)

Try reading West Tree Academy of Heroes! That comic is one crazy ride!

If you're talking about your pic, it's because it was part of some elaborate Aprils Fool gag.

Pretty much.

Attached: ksbd42r.jpg (850x1095, 645K)

Does this webcomic get good? I love the art style, but the beginning just doesn't catch my interest right away.

Having no gatekeepers is a double edged sword. I've been reading a lot of webtoons lately, and I've been enjoying those.

I still find that a lot of webcomics with amazing art struggle with storytelling. But of course I still go for the ones that look cool first.

It doesn't really go anywhere.

Attached: the_moth_by_morriperkele.jpg (800x533, 77K)

Because you're reading the wrong ones.

Attached: 1511737458577.jpg (518x359, 30K)

are relatable webcomics boring ?

Because webcomic artists are shitty. They think that they are doing something great but in reality they are shoeing out shit and shitty jokes.

God this page always gets me.

well mine isnt :,(

Most of any medium is completely generic. There's just so many webcomics and most of them are so poorly advertised that it's hard to find a lot of the good stuff.

>OG God decides to go comatose
>brown man takes over
>is replaced by majority brown council
>ruins of heaven turns into a ghetto of heaven
Is there a reason amyone reads this racist shit?

How do you properly advertise a web comic?

Same way you advertise anything else, you pay money to run an ad in places that will reach what you think your target audience is and you contact relevant blogs and news sites to review and promote your product.

there's zero barrier to entry

>Does this webcomic get good?
Unfortunately, it's only one chapter in and hasn't updated in over a year, so no :(

Because they're made by middle-class millenials and middle-class millenials have no personality.

Helicopter parenting kept kids in the house where they watched the same TV shows and saw the same movies. It also gave them all the same personal baggage, insecurity and general anxiety.

Virtually every single webcomic artist is the same sort of person, with the same basic personal history and the same experiences, with the same hang-ups and the same likes and dislikes.

Except K6BD.

Define something that isn't. Generic is just thrown around haphazardly nowadays that the real meaning gets muddled.

>Except K6BD.
yeah, that guy played dark souls!!