Controversy on Marvel’s Tony Stark character

Controversy has struck. The Writer of Black Panther Says "No One Wants Tony Stark Anymore". He says he’s too “problematic” for today’s world and the current MeToo Climate (and given whose president).

Is he right, Sup Forums? Should Disney and Marvel retire Tony Stark? It’s not like they really need him honestly.

Attached: 95349131-7897-4787-9B11-0D595BFBE057.png (1435x2351, 986K)

Yes. Kill off Tony Stark and Starlord (he’s a sexist pig that sleeps with women) and have BP lead the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Tony hasn't been a womanizer in the MCU in years. He's more of a paranoid shut in at this point. In short, the guy is an idiot or just trying to keep Black Panther's name in the news. Why I don't know, considering it already broke a billion

>take everything interesting about Tony Stark out because they're "problematic"

Attached: Anthony_Stark_(Earth-TRN526)_Ultimate_Marvel_Team-Up_Vol_1_4_002.jpg (536x587, 76K)

What we need is an all female marvel cinematic universe, men had been heroes too long it's girls time

Kek. This guy is a fucking faggot, kinda how everything regarding Marvel ends up as.

Kill off Tony and bring in Riri. There. Fixed.

/thread

I hate this movie and the media so much.

So the only reason it was successful is because of the political climate and not the merit of his writing, good to know.

What a little bitch.

yes

also might be best to get rid of cap, thor, spiderman, bucky, and doctor strange

>Superhero Science panel
>talk about politics

Look man, just tell me how the suit works.

Don’t make me bark at you, whiteboy.

Isn't the fact that Tony stopped being a womanizing self-centered piece of shit, and was looking for various ways to redeem himsef after the first arc of the movie, the whole point of Iron Man?

Attached: 1520106698147.jpg (618x800, 86K)

SOCIAL SCIENCE IS A SCIENCE

>RDJ snaps his fingers
>Nigger isn't working on BP2 anymore

Watch. You'll see.

>Controversy
Not even trying to subdue your gossip hen tendencies anymore, huh?
Also of course he's not right.
Any good writer knows the cocksure instigator has his place, you don't have to like him but he's there precisely to show the impressionable youth who do admire that sort of thing or the type of person who is it a story where it bites them in the ass or they end up just generally not having an easier time because they decided to be difficult. Like Deadpool which was recently very successful, most people obviously just came to it for the violence and laughs, but the story is very A to B in that once Wade shifts from his one man manhunt to accepting a little help it's easier to get to Ajax.

Granted though when the arrogance is taken too far and drawn out too long as is often the case where Batman bumps heads with people, then it gets trite because it's usually just a vehicle for empty drama with no point. Still it comes down not to what you have but how you use it.

Are they really trying to pull the Christian "We can't see immoral characters on TV or else we'll go to hell" thing?

Only on the white male ones.

Pretty sure Tiny Stank being douchey or disrespectful is not what turns women off from him.

Pitbulls get put down, canine or hominid.

RDJ can just paint his face black and replace him anyway.

The funny thing is, he does have that kind of power. He bumped Infinity War a week early

Did he really need to have a virtue signaling victory lap after being praised as the liberator of black people for directing a cape movie?
Also way to bite the hand that feeds you, if it wasn't for Tony Stark there wouldn't even be a BP movie.

>t. Weinstein

You have to be pretty retarded to not know that was planned beforehand.

The #MeToo movement hasn't done jack shit, and most theater-goers just want to go see a fucking movie and won't be triggered by Stark acting like a playboy.

I'd pay to see this. I'd pay twenty times the admission price to see this.

Then make him less "problematic". Superheroes are supposed to be inspiring, and entire point of Iron Man as a character was taking a character that people WOULD find inherently unlikable (a smug rich asshole who's a weapons profiteer) and making him likable and inspiring.

He doesn't need to be removed, he needs to be changed. And that can be accomplished via character development.

It’s not just some “cape” movie. Saying it’s just some “cape” movie is like calling Jaws just some “shark” movie. This movie is better than anything Akira Kurosawa or Orson Welles have done.

Attached: 541CCFD4-0DB8-4B4F-B8C2-3696133B278F.jpg (596x372, 54K)

I heard that if every single liberal watches this movie Obama goes back to being president again

1. MCU Tony doesn't sexually harass women, he hits on women who are just as horny as he is and consent to great sex.
2. MCU Tony has not hit on random women since Iron Man 1 considering he's been dating Pepper for a fucking decade.
3. The more you shove #MeToo in people's faces, the more people hate the movement and will escape to movies specifically to get away from that shit. It's baffling how Trump winning still is not enough to show people that being aggressive with your social justice campaign is not the way to get someone on your side.

Eh, probably true, but its more fun to pretend RDJ has that kind of pull given how much money they throw at him. Which Disney is probably getting sick of

Has moviebob trancensded autism and figured out how to be sarcastic?

just make tony a soyboi simple as that

Your bait isn't good enough to make it a pasta user.

Black Panther is another forgettable cape movie

Attached: thisisbait.png (625x626, 66K)

Tony's popular these days because he's a fuck up but still tries to help

Please fire him, Disney.

But Tony Stark doesn't really disrespect women? It's not like he sexually assaults or belittles them. He's never been portrayed as sexist or particularly chauvinistic in the movies. He was something of a womanizer in the first couple of films, but there's nothing inherently wrong with that and he's been faithful to Pepper since the second outside of some jokes about Aunt May.

Sounds like this guy is just talking out of ass.

When was the last time Tony Stark acted like a drunk frat boy in the comics? Didn't they turn him into a respectable business man and occasional government official decades ago? Why can't they do that in the movies?

Superior Ironman

>>Sup Forums

>It's baffling how Trump winning still is not enough to show people that being aggressive with your social justice campaign is not the way to get someone on your side.

No, see, clearly it's a sign that they weren't aggressive enough!

Without the "Christian" part

When was the last time he acted like a drunk frat boy in the movies?

>completely misinterpreting the message this hard

He's referring to his older characterization in the comics that was barely even present in the movies to begin with. Tony Stark is probably going to die in Infinity War, but it's not going to be because of this- the "problematic" aspects of his character were practically written out of the movies after the first one.

Of course I'm aware that typing that was a waste of time, and the vast majority of the posters in this soon to be 500+ reply thread are probably just itching to feel some semblance of "righteous indignation" the le eeeeeeeevil SJWs.

What kind of fag says 'controversy has struck' are you an old woman or something

Well...Yeah? It's doing much better in North America than the rest of the world. It's foreign take is standard MCU

>no mfw there are people that seriously believe this. Same with spirit science.

The Oscars had a clip of him in Black Face from Tropic Thunder in their clip montage, the fangirls at tumblr are wet for him no matter what he does, RDJ is untouchable and can't be racist.

This but unironically.

This, but, only in a sarcastic, derisive fashion to mock the people who believe it sincerely.

I remember a big time black actor explaining RDJ doing blackface was fine because he's a cool dude.

>Kill off Tony and bring in Lila Rhodes.

Fixed, they aren't giving that fat fuck Bendis any money.

Too 'problematic'?
Fortunately that's what makes him interesting.

T'Challa was the most boring part of black panther. There's a reason why a lot of people said Killmonger stole the show.

'Art' is nothing without pushing some boundaries.
That said MCU's Stark has run his course.

>moviebob
Kek. Look, I like Chipman's reviews sorta (I think his argument for why superhero media are important is a pretty good one) but some of his opinions are just... like just... ugh.

Like, it's not like Black Panther is a first superhero movie with a black hero. Nor is it the first movie made by black people. It's just a fucking Marvel flick. Good for popcorn, but that's about it. It doesn't even have any real deeper meaning.

Now that Sam Rockwell got an Oscar in a movie where he plays a character that reads comic books, they're going to bring back Justin Hammer to act as Tony's replacement in the MCU after he technically dies in Avengers 4. He'll come in as evil Tony Stark as part of the Thunderbolts at least for a while and possibly join up with his ex-wife who got control over Hammer Industries when he went to jail. He'll be similar to Arno Stark from the Iron Man: 2020 comics and fittingly come back to the MCU in a movie released in 2020.

Similar to the Avengers in Infinity War pt2, he'll go back in time. He will go back in time like Arno from the comics and prevent Tony from messing up his plans in Iron Man 2. RDJ will have to come back to at least do some motion capture again for some scenes Like Holland said, Peter Parker will be that kid with a mask that Tony saved and who will Hammer will abduct and train as his pupil. In the MCU currently, Holland scavenging stuff from Hammer Industries waste materials was how he got his powers. This time travel stuff is how they'll get the 'Dark Reign' storyline from the comics in the MCU, but with Hammer replacing Osborne and with Tony ending up in the Raft prison instead of Hammer.

This but ironically unironically.

This. Or fuck, have Rhodie himself take up the Iron Mantle.

Attached: Lila-Rhodes.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

I recall a time where a woman whom Stark slept with was disrespected and slut-shamed.

...By Pepper in Iron Man 1. Who used the phrase "I take out the trash" to belittle that journalist.

So uh, Pepper Potts is problematic now, I guess?