Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LGGdv6bemZA
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>could get any pro athlete or wrestler you wanted
>hire the guy from Chuck instead
>put him in a padded suit because you can't even get him in shape

The absolute state of DC

Attached: NICE CINEMATIC UNIVERSE FAGGOT.jpg (583x344, 43K)

Why would they make Shazam? I mean, I get they planned this out a long time ago, but after all the poorly received movies in their franchise, they want to take a risk on fucking Shazam? They would probably have better luck with a Cyborg solo. I can't believe this is filming while Flash and the Green Lantern movie are still in development hell

Warner Bros is toilet trash

Captain Marvel is the easiest fucking thing to adapt, just play it straight and the public will eat it up.

They fucked up Superman so they had to go with the next best character who could fit that particular character archetype he filled.

At least Henry Cavill got in shape for the part and didn't need a padded suit

They started filming about 2 weeks ago. I know its the DCEU but not even they can ruin a project that fast.

I have been saying it for years, instead of making a fucking shit live action movie, get the people who made Iron fucking Giant and adapt monster society of evil.

It'd make comic fans happy, it'd be a solid animated movie, I mean, shit, it'd be a fucking lay up.

>Animated Shazam vs Monster Society movie
>Mr Mind leads an invasion of monsters from Venus
>Captain Marvel assembles the Shazam family,Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel Junior, Tawky Tawny, Uncle Dudley and the Lieutenant Marvels
>Awesome animated fight scenes and goofy antics
>This'll never happen
Fuck me dead.

Attached: 1515840950225.gif (500x337, 375K)

They ruined it when they cast Zachary Levi as Shazam

He's almost as skinny as the kid that plays Billy Batson

Seriously. IT KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT.

On the subject, how well would do you think a Shazam animated series would go down? Surely there'd be enough material to go at least three seasons considering the things you could pull with the family and his rogues gallery.

Attached: Shazam WILL cum.jpg (292x398, 47K)

Man, I don't know. It seems like kids are moving away from serialized shows like that, so it's hard to imagine it not being utter shit.

I could see it as a cartoon from the FOX era of cartoons when i was a kid (early ninties), the story of a kid who can turn into a superhero, who goes and finds other kids and gives them super powers, is very power rangers. There are even comic relief characters.

Yeah, they just don't make shows like that anymore, seeing as how there's been this big shift from longer, more serialized shows to shorter comedic ones. But DC's always had a good run in adapting their properties to television, so if they manged to get a good show runner behind it, it might turn out well.

They honestly need to stop, please let this "cinematic universe" die so it can be rebooted in 8 years or so

Attached: 1518014914183.jpg (540x960, 50K)

I'm still impressed and morbidly cirious on how the DCEU is still alive

Brie Larson made her career on TV

I feel stopping altogether is the better fucking option. How many movies based on dc properties have come out? How many aren't shit? 3? 4?

Focus on making decent tv and better animated shows.

I don't doubt they'll fuck it up, but this is the same site that claimed Jake Gyllenhaal was trying to replace Cavill as Superman while everyone else was going with him replacing Batfleck.

Attached: cdan.jpg (583x217, 43K)

>could get any pro athlete or wrestler you wanted

Most of them can't act for shit. People like the Rock are the exception, not the rule.

Man of Steel will be the only good movie to come out of this dumpster fire of an EU. Like like Marvel has done any better but at least they sale really well

>Most of them can't act for shit.

Shazam has the personality of a teenage boy in the body of a flying brick

I think they can manage

Jason Momoa is a shit actor, not surprised.

>Iron Giant
Spotted the "90s kid" who was born in the wrong millennium.

>N-now that Snyder's gone DC can make good movies like they used to

Attached: mcdc.jpg (490x722, 64K)

>Padded suit because he couldn't get into shape
Literally all Superhero costumes that need muscle definition are padded, they literally only get buff for shirtless scenes, women don't need to get buff for the role because Hollywood considers it gross and tits make up for it

>and didn't need a padded suit
Even if you get in shape for the part, the suit is always padded -- even Henry Cavil's was. They actually had this really clever way of mimicking the muscle shading in comics by making the blue suit semi-transparent and putting a silver-chrome muscles suit beneath it.

Attached: man of steel mucle suit.jpg (720x960, 85K)

Considering what the stupid fucks at WB have approved, of what value is their opinion on goddamn anything?

>Random blog online written by literally who

LOOOK RELIABLE SOURCE DC SCREWED THIS SHOULD BE MCU LIKEEVERYTHINGULTRON BESTULTRON

Shazam!

Attached: IMG_1300.jpg (255x360, 23K)

Attached: rg1oipy2hkk01.jpg (960x1200, 197K)

>hire a pro athlete or wrestler
>they can’t act to save their lives
>you post laughing Evans anyway
What do you fight for?

It could be both. Back when BATMAN BEGINS and SUPERMAN RETURNS were in development hell together, WB approached several up-and-coming actors like Josh Hartnett and Ashton Kutcher for both parts simultaneously.

I fight for Feige.

I want his thundering, roaring cock to be inside my wife.

I want to hear him making quips as he cums all over her face.

I love the MCU more than I love life.

this
it will probably be bad because its a SuperHero movie and they are all garbage but unless the acting is simply awful than there is no way to tell if the film is going to bomb
also more importantly
>WB
>concerned the movie might be bad
hahahahahahahaha

It's too padded. They should've toned it down.

Specially the tighs.

Nice design, particularly the colors, but the lack of detail surprises me.

Will they touch it up in post?

What if it's a really good and really faithful adaptation and that's precisely the reason people not in the know think it's bad?

I'm fine with this.

He's a boy who transforms into a spandex covered superhero, there's no need for shirtless scenes.

>there's no need for shirtless scenes.

They'll find a way.

>What if it's a really good and really faithful adaptation
>DC
>WB

Attached: WcnIPIQ.gif (494x494, 1.46M)

To be fair not even MCU did it, not that they are even trying to be faithful, no one likes comics Iron Man anyway.

Its just that the picture is relatively low quality, other shots show far more detail.

Attached: ShazamMoiveCostume.jpg (734x881, 99K)

The design looks good but the simplicity seems to imply this movie will be very light hearted, even more than MCU ones.

>>could get any pro athlete or wrestler you wanted

This is why i hate manchildren, Triple H for thor, fucking dumbasses

>The design looks good
Not really., the pectoral it's terrible and doesnt really fit the designe.

Its a Captain Marvel/ Shazam movie. If it was anything other than fun and light hearted it wouldn't really be true to the character.

I was going to ask who the fuck this blogger even was but it looks like they just make shit up. Henry Cavill really doesn't need Superman.

>We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana.
>“The big attraction for me with that character is the fact that every kid dreams of being Superman, right? I mean I certainly did, and (Billy Batson) is a kid that gets that chance,” Sandberg tells the Sun. “He gets to become the superhero. So it’ll be big with superpowers in a way. In terms of what people can expect, I think this will be one of the more fun or lighthearted movies so far in the DC universe. It certainly will be a departure.”
>‘It’s a funny film, it’s about a young boy who can become a superhero but still remains a young boy so there’s elements of Big, there’s elements of Stranger Things.'
>“Zachary Levi, who plays the lead [Shazam, the superhero alter ego of Billy Batson], is a very funny guy, and I’ve no doubt he will play with that part and make it interesting, I think DC have realized that they’ve got their canon of films that are dark, and they’ve now found one that’s pretty funny! There are some really funny moments in it.”
Set course for WACKY

>I get they planned this out a long time ago
"Planned" is a very strong word here

As opposed to the fat guy from Parks and Rec for Star Lord

At least Pratt hit the gym once he was casted

>tits make up for it
Why do so many chestlets get roles then?

he must have been offered juice and turned it down, why would they hire such a faggot in the first place?

>Social studies

>both cape clasps are Tawney

very nice, he's still shit though

I dunno, Shazam's appearance looks appropriate to me. A kid that turns into a superhero would look cartoonish.

I was hoping this would be good but I kind of tapped out once I heard Sivana was going to have magic powers

that's because the people who hired him knew what they were doing

>People like the Rock are the exception
but the rock can't act for shit. Batista is a better example.

That sounds like something incredibly hard to convincingly portray. Why do you fucks think appearance is the only thing that matters in terms of casting? You know casting like Watchmen very rarely works out like Watchmen, right??

really? not when they announced the director of Annabelle Creation was doing it? not when Dwayne Johnson dropped out? not when they cast a tv actor who has never been in a good movie? not when they cast a disney channel star? not when the god awful costume was leaked?

>That sounds like something incredibly hard to convincingly portray
oh come on it's WB when have they EVER cast a movie poorly?

youtube.com/watch?v=LGGdv6bemZA

Because fucking athletes and wrestlers don't have a tiny bit of charisma or acting talent. See Batista, he could only perform as a retard because anything else is outside of his capabilities. And the Rock, as famous as he is, always acts like the same character.

At least this Zachary guy has charisma and could be liked by the public.

>See Batista, he could only perform as a retard because anything else is outside of his capabilities.
So you didn't see Spectre or BR2049? Batiusta is actually good; better than the Rock.

>not when Dwayne Johnson dropped out?
He didn't dropped out.
>not when they cast a tv actor who has never been in a good movie
Zachary Levi is a good actor.
>not when they cast a disney channel star?
An experinced child actor playing a kid? Oh no what a catastrophe.

>Marvel
If anything that should be WB. They seem to be going out of their way to kill their own franchises

>these people haven't seen the new jumanji movie

thank god no.

Pleb

Dwayne didn't drop out, he just wanted a Black Adam movie first

>didn't want to watch the latest Rock flick
>pleb

Attached: 1508383475489.jpg (1300x861, 131K)

all professional wrestlers are actors

pretty sure its suppose to be an actual kids movie. Yes i understand that only kids actually watch these movies but they are generally PG-13.
The costume looks big and goofy which i assume is what they wanted.

fuck you !!!! only marvel is allowed to make comic book movies

Holy shit no, Batista can't act for shit, he can't even fake a fucking laugh

He's not even close to The Rock.

wrong you retard

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg

It's fun

>Zachary Levi
>A-list
>trusting this gossip blog at all

The only thing this video proves is how awful his choreography is even though he's an wrestler

Eat shit you dense motherfucker

>hiring wrestlers

Christian Bale also tried for a Superman movie

>[regret intensifies]

But he was never an A-lister. So what the fuck are they talking about?

Dude wut?? The rock is a terrible actor.

Bautista is the only one that can "act". Rocks in action rolls Bautista beyond just selling the shit out of Sapper has been in more than a few roles that required more than his Drax dumbass moments.

Again that's not acting though. He's the joke, he's not making the joke. And acting is more than action and selling comedy. Especially when trying to sell Teth Adam as anything more than a villain, which hey need to do if he's going to solo his own flicks.