Okay, Sup Forums, all memes aside: tell me what do you think about this show

Okay, Sup Forums, all memes aside: tell me what do you think about this show.

Attached: rick-and-morty.jpg (1200x800, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Rick-and-Morty/Issue-35?id=131343#1
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Rick-and-Morty/Issue-33?id=127613#5
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Rick-and-Morty/Issue-32?id=125911#3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overrated. Tyvm.

I enjoy it. Awful fanbase though.

Overrated but still the best show on TV desu.

I like it. People bitch that rick is a gary stu, but then also bitch about the psychiatrist taking him apart in the season 3 episode.

Where's the problem, exactly?

Overrated trash. Nothing more than loud noise that spams profanity & gore to so it can call it self an "adult" show.

Take all that shit out and this would be a PG show on CN. Fact.

Not bad

Squandered potential

It's funny. Only retards expect anything out of it other than decent stoner humor.

that the writer is not consistent with Rick's gary stuness, if he's gonna be a gary stu, bringing a self insert to be more of a mary sue is adding salt to the wound, you're not fixing shit

The first season was really good. Still enjoyable to go back and watch.

It’s one of those rare shows where it peaked at season 1 then gets worse from there. Absolute low point was the Vindicators, high point being Meeseeks

Season 1 was great, Season 2 was alright, Season 3 had obvious highs and obvious lows and zigzagged between the two rapidly. Everything about the show outside of the writing is amazing, but the longer it goes on the more obvious it is that it probably should stop while it's ahead.

I always liked because of how dumb it was.
The whole "200 IQ" shit caught me by surprise honestly.

Season 1 is purdy good, Season 2 also good but it got fairly grating at points. Season 3 had it's moments but was mostly obnoxious and tedious.

I feel like it's an example of a show where it's main flaws (Simplistic reference humor, repetitive family drama) simply get worse over time, and start to overshadow the good qualities completely.

The show is overrated but you're also being overly critical of it just because it's popular. It's nowhere near as bad as you say, and you either haven't seen it or are bashing it because of the popularity/fanbase. It's not a completely shit show, it's above average with moments of high quality and moments of low quality. Calling it "just loud noise" is complete exaggeration.

>”Am I evil?”
>>“Worse — you’re smart.”
The dialogue is such a cringe-inducing joke.

Attached: 8BE39A27-ADC2-418F-8141-B9A7DBE376ED.jpg (750x721, 267K)

>that the writer is not consistent with Rick's gary stuness

Attached: d466ee60d0549c4c32744be94eb9c622c70c18b6ae0a74383b5cea22d8760485.jpg (303x293, 66K)

I sat throw every season and as this show went on all it kept doing is spamming gore for the sake of it. Trash

>this character is too infallible
>character is portrayed as fallible
>wtf why arent writers consistant???

Attached: 1514444021501.jpg (232x185, 13K)

Horrible art and unlikeable characters. Humor relies too heavily on shock value and forced references. Tries to be deeper than what it is, by adding in dramatic moments and story arcs, but it fails miserably at pulling them off properly.

I like the show, but the shit that goes with it is just stupid. IE, you have to have an IQ of 160 to enjoy the show, and the fanbase is more obnoxious than most.

You didn't watch it if all you saw was gore spam. There's episodes that don't even have any gore. Fuck off with your contrarian opinion, you're just as bad as the "BEST SHOW EVER WHERE IS MY SAUCE" dickheads.

It's disappeared up its own ass. It's jarring to rewatch the pilot and see how light-hearted and absurd it was. Now it's just relentlessly nihilistic and mean-spiritied.

It's a decent show but it's very much overrated. Both overrated positively by critics and fans who overstate the quality and overrated negatively by people who can't separate fanbase and show and by contrarians who hate popular things
It's quality started pretty high and as been dropping, but I wouldn't call it irredeemable or unwatchable yet.

This. Season 1 was great, but then the show slowly started to get more serious and turned every character into a whiny douche.

>memes aside

this show is a meme and so are its fans

>Being this delusional

Such a defensive little faggot aren't you. I bet you were one of those faggots looking for sauce at McDonald's too.

After getting praised so hard for being "one of if not the smartest show on TV", it seems the writers became convinced they were indeed that smart and started acting on it.
Turns out they aren't.
Never write a character who is supposed to be more intelligent than you.

Calm your tits and get some perspective. All the mindless rabid hate is not good for you.

I don't get it, why are so many people saying Rick & Morty fans are obnoxious?

Attached: rick and morty.jpg (1200x957, 142K)

>A person can be a meme
Elaborate pls

They are, but the backlash is just as obnoxious. People making up bullshit reasons to justify hating a show because a bunch of idiots like it.
The show doesn't deserve the extreme praise it gets, and it doesn't deserve the extreme hate it gets either. Both sides are just as pathetic to put that much energy into such an average show.

Pretty funny sometimes. Autists over rate it and spergs over hate it because of the autists. Its an okay.

I have never busted a gut laughing at this show except for Rick's comparison to OJ Simpson. With that said, even though the show only makes me sensibly chuckle I still like it enough to marathon it and be excited for a new season.

How about you just kill yourself. Defending rick and morty only makes your life worse in the end.

it was a meme show that was taylor made for reddit

It's incredible mediocre. The show isn't even that bad, but all it does was done better by other shows.

Hating something you e never even seen is worse. There must be nothing positive in your life if you really can't handle something being popular. Stay mad sperg

You got caught out in bullshitting that you'd even seen the show and now you're so mad and flustered that you can't even form a proper defence except 'KILL YOURSELF'
Rick and morty is not good, but it's not shit. If you can't handle people liking shows you don't like then go be an angry pissbaby contrarian somewhere else

It has one of the best first seasons for an animated series in recent memory. It hit the ground running and showed potential to be a top tier show but has failed to reach that potential aside from an occasional episode like "The Ricklantis Mix-Up". Season 2 is good but there is a noticeable decline in quality and Season 3 is incredibly hit or miss.

season 1: good
season 2: okay
season 3: shit except for The Ricklantis episode

S1 was good
S2 was alright, though Interdimensional Cable 2 was terrible.
S3 was extremely hit and miss. Ricklantis was good, while a lot of other promising concepts were badly executed.

This

It's garbage

I like it

I really liked the first season but the other two have been hit or miss.

The first season was great, the second was almost as good, and the third aside from like 2, maybe 3 episodes fucking sucked

1st season was good
2nd season was a'ight
3rd season had a couple good episodes
4th season will have one good episode
Dan Harmon needs to stop drinking
Adult Swim needs to bring back World Peace

Absolute garbage. I wouldnt even mind the base concept. Yeah its lowbrow, some of the jokes are okay whatever.

The entire thing is just incoherent and rambling, like an extended pilot that just keeps going on and on and on without ever resolving anything, just throwing in more ideas and pretending its deepest lore when the retarded fanbase laps it up. Its visually ugly and lazy, the characters are flat and boring and the entire thing is just... boring. Nothing goes anywhere. Its not even fun in the way Superjail just wallowed around in its own filth and gore or the early South Park with its irreverent cheeriness. This pile of vomit expects itself taken seriously and when it doesnt work it tries to pass it as a joke with a halfhearted smile of "just joking man haha" Literally the cartoon equivalent of a rambling stoner going "whoaaaa dude, so deeep"

I also personally really hated how half of the show is about the broken marriage of two unfunny, unlikeable pathetic retards and for some reason the plot keeps lingering on about them on and on and on and fucking on. What was the purpose of that shit?

This is my completely subjecive opinion and if you need someone '"objective" to tell you what to think about cartoons, choke to death on a galaxy of penises

I still enjoy the show. But I do notice it's becoming a lot more domestic and overly cynical because of Dan Harmon's personal issues.

Abruptly shit the bed in season 3 for no reason other than forced drama. The season 3 premiere serves as a good series finale and that's what I tell everyone who's thinking of watching it.

season 1 was great, season 2 was good, season 3 was flaming garbage, season 4 will probably be even worse

Its alright when it is not trying to make you feel for its characters
its at its best when its just goofy, all the serious scenes fall flat because all the characters are terrible people that deserve everything bad that happens to them

Attached: 1520760643621.jpg (900x630, 174K)

The only show I think I ever saw where the first season is perfect and it just gets a little worse as it goes on.

It's not bad mind you, but the quality is clearly deteriorating bit by bit. It's like a reverse version of The Simpsons seasons 1-6.

I enjoy it. Beth is kind of getting on my nerves. I seriously hope Beth and Jerry get less focus next season now that Jerry's apparently won Beth's love over Rick.

is pretty good to be honest

I like it and I like that so many faggots get butthurt over a cartoon, so it's win win for me.

Basically what Family Guy was to Simpsons, Rick and Morty is to Futurama

Attached: 1518907020335.jpg (189x179, 16K)

its shit

Attached: pissed off fallout guy.jpg (480x337, 19K)

So it's worse than the classic seasons but way better than the latest seasons.

Unlike some of the people on this board I think that it is still a very good show. Maybe where most people are confused is that they changed the focus of Rick and Morty when transitioning from season 2 to season 3 and we had the drama with Morty's parents etc. However, just because there was a change in the focus of the show doesn't mean there was a drop in quality. I feel like this is where a lot of people get confused.

In my opinion the change of focus is exactly what caused the drop in quality. I personally can't stand the divorce subplot that suddenly became the main plot but if you like it then that's one more show for you to enjoy I guess.

Above average, but it has major points that prevent it from being good, and you can notice this if you re-watch the first season and then watch the following two.

>Relies too heavily on gross out humor
>Flanderized the characters after season 1
>Created something new from a parody but decided to keep parodying things instead of expaning on their opriginal ideas
>Took the route of being another cynical commentary instead of a sci-fi adventure
>Writing relies too heavily on internet feedback
>Creates lore and throws it out the window
>Pseudointelectual fanbase sours the experience and it gives the same embarrassment as being a young boy liking the PPG back in the early 2000's
>All characters become assholes to the point you start to empathize with Jerry

I could easily call this the Steven Universe of Adult Swim. Wasted potential.

Attached: DXx0vD8XUAUPJri.jpg (410x443, 33K)

Season 1 was amazing.
2 was still pretty great.
3 was a misstep, but it nicely saved itself with the finale.
The comic has some pretty terrible art.
The fanbase is cancer.

Good, but hollow. The central conceit of the show is similar to the Venture Brothers, a deconstruction of the 'scientist adventurer' trope. But where the Venture brothers uses people who are not equal to the role, Rick and Morty has someone who is, and what that would be like to try an live with.

The problem is, if you really commit to that premise, Jerry is the protagonist. He's the only one who reacts how a sane human being would to a drunk genocidal monster wielding unimaginable power living in their garage. The problem comes in because the show wants Rick to be sympathetic and human, when smashing Zeep Zanthorp's universe alone implies he's quite literally worse than Hitler.

So the core of the show is compromised. They've had a few "Fry's dog" bits where the show goes all serious and "Rick is actually sad and miserable and can we license a track Dan Harmon likes to play over it" scenes; but Rick is the author of all his own suffering, and frankly, deserves to suffer worse. While the jokes hit, the show is visually good and even well written most of the time, the contradiction at it's core robs it of the impact it's trying to have.

Liked the first and second seasons.

The third one was terrible, especially with all the fit cancer deminiaturize storyboard writers making cheesy episodes

Hit or miss. Season 3 was mostly miss.

Seasons 3 problem was just every fucking episode had non stop gore.

Season 1/2 had tons of episodes where no one died in a bloody and well animated way. But 3 used that in every single episode.

I liked it on first watch, but have no real desire to rewatch an episode.

I thought the first season had a couple good episodes, but the fan base quickly drove me away from it. The other seasons were shit and that had nothing at all to do with the fans.

Comic rick is literally a serial killer.

Attached: RCO019.jpg (1041x1600, 439K)

It's good, season 3 was hit or miss, but still enjoyable overall.

It's pretty bad.

Attached: RCO020.jpg (1041x1600, 447K)

WUBU LUBU DICK DUCK

Attached: RCO024.jpg (1041x1600, 385K)

>wubba lubba dead dead

Attached: 1520126461814.jpg (234x216, 7K)

Good, worth watching if you like keeping up with animated series. Terrible to watch with friends who talk about how this is the best cartoon ever, and can't be bothered to watch other cartoons.

>A person can be a meme

Attached: cwc.jpg (588x828, 84K)

i actually got angry when i heard that line
not "frown and sighs heavily angry" but "break shit and kick puppies angry"
i never thought in any form of media ever that id hear some coldsteel, fedora tipping, reddit bating, teenage fellating-tier writing in something that wasnt written by a 13 year old

Attached: 1517270589745.jpg (600x600, 45K)

its not even the best show on adult swim Tbh

>wubba lubba dead dead
Jesus fuck this can't be real.

Attached: 3e3cfb648e20ca5de5c67dcb5eaad6351753e7d9ad92389e11cebfa44b186c2c.png (986x797, 851K)

Read this pile of shit yourself and be amazed:
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Rick-and-Morty/Issue-35?id=131343#1

I liked the first 2 seasons the first few watches but now the fandom has sorta just ruined it, it just makes me cringe now. The third season less so for some reason despite what people say about it.

It's a show about doodoo jokes.
It's pretty funny.

it's like futurama, but without the charm, wit, or actually decent looking character models

>oh shit I'm losing this argument, I better derail it

Oh god this is one of the newer comics too, how do they think the wubba lubba dub dub thing is still relevant? It wasn't even relevant in the second season anymore, why do this now?

Cause the comic is literally written by SJW. The past comics had a ton of gay/liberal shit (like summer is gay now).

Why should we feel bad about rick when he tries to kill himself?

Attached: 1519259589003.png (800x965, 128K)

>pros
>legitimately entertaining duo
>twisted take on sci-fi tropes is very enjoyable
>a lot of the episodes show legitimately clever premises
>the way it sort of rips on the doctor who formula is satisfying as fuck given how fucking shitty doctor who has gotten

>cons
>episodes have focuses on character drama which no one could possibly give a shit about
>keep on trying to force "wackyness" out of Rick with bullshit like catchphrases and fratboy behaviour, really baffling because "grump asshole scientist grandad" works just fine on its own
>also tying into the above is pathetic attempts at "meme-bait" which has thankfully backfired with mocking the show having become a meme in itself
>writers seem to think fourth wall breaks are clever and not cringe-tier writing
>show does a bad job of not making Rick seem too sueish (most annoying thing is gags that suggest Rick can never be in any mortal peril)

I enjoy watching it (despite any and all criticisms I might have with it.) - however, it is overrated as fuck and the fanbase is pure cancer. Just like a certain pony show; unlike THAT, however, I can still watch THIS.

You know what, I do recall someone storytiming a really shitty comic here called Kim Reaper that was made by one of the R&M comic creators. Involved 2 lesbians (one of which had visible leg hair at all times) and the other one was an irresponsible cunt that refused to take responsibility for her actions, which seems to be a popular personality with these types.

Here, just read these:
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Rick-and-Morty/Issue-33?id=127613#5
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Rick-and-Morty/Issue-32?id=125911#3

Wow that was...horrendous. Other than that I might need to stop reading comics I know I'm going to hate, what a waste of my fucking time.

Attached: 1517082011024.jpg (748x746, 61K)

I don't really understand adult swims train of thought here.

>yea so we have these writers with no understanding of the characters/dialogue/story of the show, let's give them our IP and publish comics with no oversight

Not surprised - Summer is worst (least likable) character.

Attached: bethesdas character creator.gif (752x960, 778K)

I find it a bit hit and miss. Some episodes are great fun, some come across as them forgetting to include jokes.

The worst thing to happen to the show was expanding to Jerry, Beth, and Summer because they had a say at one point now they always do. But they are just all equally terrible characters