Mystic or Science

Which one you prefer?

Of course, you can enjoy both of them, of course you can enjoy when they clash with each other. I'm asking for your absolute favorite

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (800x600, 563K)

Eh, they're basically the same. I mean Science is basically magic in comics.

I like both but science on its ultimate limit is something to behold as magic is rather earthbound.

Attached: nicholsdyson.jpg (922x631, 85K)

cosmic

Mystical WITH Rules.

The issue with science is that people understand basic science. Not everybody, but a lot of people. So Science has to either work within established rules which is rare because writers are lazy and it would be hard. Or they hand wave it, making it magic wearing Sciences skin which is the majority of Comic Science.

But Mystical stuff is rules that the writer can build from the ground up. As long as they build it well enough, you aren't niggled with issues.

Absolute favourite? Science, magic is all well and good and produces some great characters, but science gives us characters like Red Tornado, Robotman and my personal favourites the Metal Men, I mean, has magic created a 1.5t qtπ made of platinum? No, it's automatically beat to me atleast

Attached: platinum-seducing-doc.png (500x215, 196K)

>has magic created a 1.5t qtπ made of platinum
Call a good alchemist and you will have one.

What I'm saying is that they've not made one yet, so atleast for now science wins

The best thing about science is that trends to be more original (comparetively).
I mean, fantasy its always the same thing, minotaurs, golems, trolls...whith science may be its always robots and aliens, but at least all them look different enough from each other, unlike in fantasy where everything looks the same.

Magic because pic related.

Attached: url.jpg (1350x2683, 899K)

Mystic. The more spooky and halloweenish the better.

Attached: image.jpg (667x900, 181K)

In april you will have THE CURSE OF BRIMSTONE

This

Attached: IMG_4406.jpg (1237x1920, 920K)

Science all the way. Pic related. Mystic is pretty cool too.

Attached: CBB2F426-B262-44F8-BFDC-0A3275F6E0F8.png (500x384, 254K)

Science in general, but I love a magic system that has rules. Just being able to BS whatever you need feels cheap, and I know science can do that too but it feels like it needs more effort in general

Sounds rad.

Science. Magic/Myth stuff usually feels so old hat. Hence why Thor and Wonder Woman are so monstrously boring.

I like Reality Twists who are neither magic nor science. Just general madness.

Attached: Scissormen_001.jpg (437x877, 58K)

This. DC's mystic comics from 80s and 90s is some of the best capeshit of all time.
Also, Comic writers can't into sci fi.

Attached: Spectre-v3-10.jpg (320x500, 47K)

Science, I guess. I dislike the whole "SCINZCE FUCKXZ YEAH" thing we've got going now, so it gets on my nerves from time to time, but it's a more versalite concept. Plus, all those glowy lights, nanobots and shit, they make me diamonds. Occult stuff produce some great characters, but I'm not horror, and Fantasy stuff are rather trite these days. There's only so much stuff you can do with swords, sorcerers and knights, or Hellish Monsters. But to be fair, I just plain don't like magic. It's cheating, and scary, and I want it as far away from me as possible.

Attached: 681zjwz.jpg (596x600, 51K)

>Comic writers can't into sci fi.
I disagree, they can but its harder to make a palusible SCI-fi that making a plausible fantasy.

Bump

Why not both?

Attached: mechamage-mainimage.jpg (348x567, 87K)

Science. Especially love high science which is basically cosmic science. Capable of producing things like Starbrand, Power Cosmic, Power Rings, Quantum Bands and etc. My favorite is a brand/tattoo created science that grants you various abilities. One of the reasons I love the concept of Starbrand so much despite his latest comic and comic appearances being terrible.

Attached: starbrand.jpg (1280x1503, 2.58M)

Pretty cool since you would get stuff like The Destroyer. Created by science with the metal of the gods and powered by god magic.

Attached: Loki_and_the_destroyer.jpg (1280x1961, 879K)

I like mystic. It is easier to enjoy them when they just break the laws of physics. Or manage to do things where simple strength wouldn't work. Like lifting an air carrier out of the water without it collapsing under it's own weight. is the best.

When it comes to tech I always wonder why won't they mass-produce it.

But that doesn't mean I dislike tech. I mostly agree with

Attached: 1515945050144.jpg (1500x1500, 676K)

>why won't they mass-produce it
Because its fucking expensive.

mystic

Anyone know any good mystic or science comics to get into? Or any artists in particular? I’d love to get a commission by one of them, but I can never find a good artist that does either mystic or science nowadays.

Isn't that just magic? I mean, if you build a metal golem and what powers it and what it uses is magic, then is fucking magic, science is not really playing a part there, its just magic in the end.

Techno Sorcery.

Its was crafted from Uru, aka metal of the gods. The armor was then infused with Odin's magic. aka god magic. Smithing is still a form of science regardless of the fact that it doesn't require a computer and etc.

So,,,,you are saying a magical sword is science?

I hate mystic shit.

Science since even with the stupidest writing there is rhyme or reason to it (most retarded unrealistic sci-fi devices still need a power source, were designed by someone, have rules to their use, ect) rather than "it's magic lol I don't have to explain it".

A magic sword with no active ai inside it? No. A magic sword with an active ai inside it? Yes.

>it's science lol I don't have to explain it

Attached: retro reed richards laugh.jpg (268x303, 39K)

Oddly the best is a middle ground of both. Science is best when it is taken to magical levels of achievement (and seems like magic at times cause they're being made by comic writers who aren't experts on ground breaking sciences IRL)
And magic is usually best when it has some grounded rules that make it work a certain way making limitations and experimentations like a scientist.

But personally I like cosmic. When it's out on such a scale that calling it science or magic isn't even fitting enough.

Attached: Reed Richards Fanclub.png (1070x562, 591K)

Mystic or technology is what you mean. If magic is real it could easily fall under the category of science. And even in such a universe it might still be said there's no real contradiction between magic & tech.

Comic sci fi is just fantasy. The only comic that I can call sci fi is a manga.

>even with the stupidest writing there is rhyme or reason to it
Not really.

Attached: 11-kids-660x311.jpg (660x311, 112K)

I don't have a preference because they're just two sides of the same coin that is knowledge

Attached: elven sage.gif (220x338, 2.19M)

Bump

Man, those early Iron Man stories in ToS were wild.
>oh no, a giant magical statue is attacking the city!
>my TRANSISTORS can help with that!
...Someone draw 60s Stark like Doctor Bees. Now.

Science is the future of mankind. We cannot fall backwards into hackneyed voodoo no matter how emotionally pleasing some find it.
Science is pleasing for it's challenge. Figure this out, solve this, outsmart the AI, you won't believe what I got the emitter to do, etc. Magic is pleasing for it's visuals, the wizard shouting his defiance to the demons of the nighttime sky, Captain Marvel (DC).
I do admit that Jack Kirby tends to fit in both categories, sometimes with the same works.

Supernatural powers with a few consistent but bendable rules.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg (800x800, 268K)

Attached: Magicvsscience.jpg (630x418, 81K)

Science is for understanding, and building something permanent. It creates the world. Magic is for desperation, for quick and dirty cheats, and too often Just Because the writer wants X to happen.