Times Kids Next Door predicted the future

"'Big 4' supermarket Morrisons has announced plans to introduce an age limit on high-caffeine energy drinks this year.
The food giant said that as of 5 March, any customers that buy a soft drink with more than 150 mg of caffeine per litre will have to prove their age first.
It comes after extensive campaigning at The Daily Mirror and The British Soft Drinks Association which introduced a voluntary code of practice in 2010 stating that high-caffeine soft drinks should not be promoted or marketed to those under 16.
Currently any soft drink with carries a warning and is not recommended for children."
google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/money/morrisons-becomes-latest-supermarket-ban-11905436.amp

Attached: Mr_Angelo_Fizz.jpg (640x460, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_iPlayer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wasn't this an american cartoon? They're only doing this in muslim countries.

It's a bad mix with all the depressants/anti-depressants they feed kids with "social anxieties" and "excessive behaviors".
Also, how miserable of a fat fuck shut-in does your kid have to be to need Monster Energy as a 14 yr old?

It doesnt just extend to energy drinks however
Sorry, the point is rather poor without more context

Attached: UK.jpg (900x1200, 120K)

I see nothing wrong with this. Drinks high in caffeine tend to also be high in sugar and both are unhealthy.

Both are lethal in alarmingly low doses. The amount of bad gut bacteria that feeds on sugar alone should be reason enough. Everything in moderation of course. Kids can tank sugar like champions though, so it's not really comparable. If anything it's the adults that should have to have licensees for it since it hits them way, way harder.

The way I see it, if the British government is REALLY concerned with children's health, they'd restrict or outright ban high-volume sale of said drinks in British stores. But that doesn't rake in the cash, does it?

Fucking adults!, we need to talk with numbeeh one and 88!

What 16 year old has a form of ID? Are they going to start using passports?

This is the real world, they would never force people to lose money like that. This is a compromise.

It's only the purchase of it, though. If a kid is younger than 16 then their parents could buy it for them.
Plus, a normal 8oz bottle only has 125 mg/L, going by ratio amounts since 8oz is .24L

Provisional driver's license probably?

Other supermarkets tried this a few years ago and quietly dropped it when it proved really hard to implement ID checks. Challenge 25 is fine and dandy when you're buying alcohol but its a bit silly when you're buying shitty energy drinks.

Exactly the same reason they haven't gotten rid of Off License alcohol stores. Binge drinking's a problem but we do like that extra tax revenue.

Good, I work with kids all day. The ones who drink caffeine are little monsters.

>Britfags are defending big brother this hard
Can't feel sorry for you when you reap what you sow. You hate freedom this much and you'll give it up for anything.

Attached: 1507220168771.jpg (640x640, 62K)

Coca-Cola/Pepsi should be illegal for everyone

>this
>big brother
God forbid trying to prevent kids from becoming american tier sizes.

>I have zero ability to control myself or my children so I need the government to step in and do all the thinking for you
Enjoy airstrip one doubleplusgood user

Attached: 1514214151347.png (248x258, 96K)

>defending not being able to choose what you want to drink within reason
>thinking the guberrnmint should tell you how to live your life

Wew laddie, sounds like your freedom tank is running on fumes. But I guess after you choose to leave the E.U. for reasons you can't even come to a consensus about, your ability to process logic doesn't really apply anymore.

>inb4 b..but.. you voted for drummf, dumb amerifat!!11!1!

I love how this is the only comeback that gets slung at us now lol

Attached: 1398385788555.gif (200x150, 1.18M)

>It comes after extensive campaigning at The Daily Mirror and The British Soft Drinks Association which introduced a voluntary code of practice in 2010 stating that high-caffeine soft drinks should not be promoted or marketed to those under 16.
>Currently any soft drink with carries a warning and is not recommended for children."
What the fuck is wrong with health freak activists wanting to turn countries into nanny states

Attached: 679086EA-DFB9-4D46-B465-3AD4A09F6498.png (569x802, 814K)

It’s Britain, user. The government regulates everything children do. The only time the government doesn’t care is when children get sold as prostitutes by Asian gangs.

How the hell else is parliament going to get their dicks sucked?

since no one else feels like following the thread, I might as well throw one in

>episode based around magical use of candy similar to Alchemy from FMA
>everyone loses a part of their self
>episode is ultimately about getting that part back
>they confront a character who plans on using his "alchemy" on the world
>you have to give up what you gained from the "alchemy" in order to get what you lost back

this aired 3 whole years before this shit came out in the FMA manga

Attached: latest[1].jpg (640x480, 20K)

>implying that's not the absolute truth
A lot of people shouldn't have kids, but here we are.

Isnt UK just as fat as America these days, and Mexico even fatter?

The government isn't telling you what to eat/drink, they're putting restrictions on a literal drug because companies will sell you any old shit until told not to.

[citation needed]

Save a bloke, bin that coke.

The obesity rate for Britain is already around 30%, you're already as fat as Americans

I don't know. Muslim kids? Use your imagination, user

Don't they issue national IDs to minors as well?

Brits are doing nothing wrong.

Attached: thomas_hobbes.jpg (369x450, 82K)

Wasn't FMA like 2001 or something? That KND was around 2006 or 2007.

learn to read
I posted that it predicted the ending 3 years before it was published

Anyone gonna point out that in the episode it was root beer which is naturally caffeine free?

The manga started in '01 and the first anime series on '03. Warburton is a confirmed weeb and did One Piece fanart back in the day, I wouldn't be surprised at all of their was some inspiration. Hell that animatrix parody was so out of left field a series like FMA seems mundane in comparison.

But in the context of what that user was saying it seems more like a weird prediction. Somehow forgot to include this in that post.

I had an ID at 16, I had to get one in order to work at a grocery store.

>drinking soda or energy drinks

Attached: 1471240086950.png (600x600, 45K)

So you're trying to sell to me that a show form 2007, predicted an obvious plot point from 2003? God damn I guess KND invented time travel as a concept too. It's more likely Tom saw FMA as the anime had become popular by that point and ran with the idea of equivalent exchange to it's logical end-point for a series reliant on it. Hardly a prediction and more of a great minds think alike scenario.

fine, show me the post where you made that prediction by 07

For perspective, a Mountain dew would require ID, but not most colas
Like with

The more dead kids the better, there are too many people in this world.

Gotta keep the people safe. I hear you need a TV license to legally own a TV too.

Attached: butter_knife.jpg (1024x652, 45K)

Queensmen are already fat as americans, they're just less free and are willing to toss their children outside to burn calories running from the 'No Go Zone' huns.

More like to watch the public broadcast even on internet, like on the iPlayer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_iPlayer

That never even occurred to me. I remember him trying to ban all sodas, but considering it was a reference to the Prohibition period, Root Beer makes sense.

>be American
>get shot
>be British
>can't do anything

isn't there some sort of middle ground to all this ?

Attached: delet.jpg (1080x682, 97K)

Yeah, it's called 'move to Canada and visit America on the weekends'

>Be Canadian
>Get tried as a terrorist for misgendering someone

Let's not pretend you guys are any better

Attached: muhfriedchickumsnigga.png (1080x1538, 763K)

Attached: 1500775668166.png (640x1136, 304K)

>visit America
But why

The manga didn't end until 2010. The anime just made up it's own story once they caught up to it.

Attached: i69of0xlqkaz.jpg (639x673, 48K)

fuck off we're just as bad

Man, sucks to live there

>tfw I just legitimately like the taste of Monster Energy.
I don't usually drink more than one though.

Drivers license, School IDs, i'm guessing.

Even if I just want to use it to watch DVDs or play video games?

Please elaborate

>Warburton is a confirmed weeb and did One Piece fanart back in the day,
pics?

'ad me a giggle, I did.

Attached: file.png (1600x1236, 2.62M)

If the British government was really concerned about children's health, they'd stop ignoring all those "asian" rape gangs because it'd make a certain group look horrible.

>implying Canada isn't boring as fuck

>they'd stop ignoring all those "asian" rape gangs because it'd make a certain group look horrible.

arent they just a front to hid actual people of power to hide behind?

WHILE THEY'RE STILL ADDING AND LETTING FOOD GROWERS IN OUR FOOD. AND IT'S ONLY GETTING WORSE. We have 6 year old girls with hair on their arms for fucks sake.

And their main concern is caffeine? I have never seen a more retarded generation than this one. It's obvious the 80-90s kids are at helm now, only they could be so fucking dumb and dishonest to avoid the real problems. Generation of hypocrites.

Attached: 58486a72849cf46a2a931338.png (900x900, 154K)

WHILE THEY'RE STILL ADDING AND LETTING FOOD GROWERS IN OUR FOOD. AND IT'S ONLY GETTING WORSE. We have 6 year old girls with hair on their arms for fucks sake.
SOMETHING WE CANNOT CONTROL UNLESS WE HAVE OUR OWN PERSONAL FARMS.

And their main concern is caffeine? I have never seen a more retarded generation than this one. It's obvious 80-90s kids are at the helm now, only they could be so fucking dumb and dishonest to avoid the real problems. Generation of natural-born hypocrites.

Attached: 45766.jpg (320x320, 20K)

especially if you want to use it to watch DVDs or play video games