Does anyone else despise King's STRONG INDEPENDENT THOT WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN BUT I ALSO KIND OF DO portrayal of...

Does anyone else despise King's STRONG INDEPENDENT THOT WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN BUT I ALSO KIND OF DO portrayal of Catwoman?

I know it's difficult to talk about female sexuality in characters without coming off like a SJW or an incel, I just wish there was something more to her character other than the fact that she is hot and has sex. It's like the Sex and the City school of female character development.

Attached: Batman (2016-) 037-006.jpg (1988x3056, 943K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/batman-harley-quinn-center-of-the-dc-universe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>uses her sex appeal in a comedic moment
>people get mad
>knocks out three flashes in a page
>people get mad

Selina could be sitting in a chair and reading a book and people will get mad over it.

Never happened. She knocked out three Ivy-puppets with powers she had no idea how to use and her attention divided between them,

How many King whining threads are we going to have? We get it, his Batman sucks, what else is there to talk about? Just wait until a new writer takes over, and don't buy the book. BatCat dialogue aside, the only good thing in recent memory is the marriage itself

No, because I haven't been reading it. I don't go out of my way to get mad at books not on my radar just because a youtuber told me to. There's enough things in real life that actually matter to get mad at.

They're trying to outdo the Bendis whiners.

She knew how to use them enough to stop Batman from punching Alfred, she knows how to use their speed, sure it's not full power or anything, but she was capable enough to the point where Selena taking out all fucking 3 of them is an absolute joke, Barry at 1% is still going to fuck Selena up Sideways any day of the week

How sad and autistic do you have to make a second whining thread when your first hasn't even been archived?

No, not really. I'm not saying the run hasn't had issues but people are really hating on it a lot more than needed

wow he actually did that?!

There is context behind it, like the comic literally saying that the 3 guys are being mind controlled and only using a fraction of their max speed.

King's Batman is the worse big two book to come out this decade

Considering the fact that a Flash at 1% power is still probably the speed of sound, Selena should had been fucked up.

No. Secret Sins or Secret Empire is.

Attached: DIG056630_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1969, 548K)

Now I remember Bendis run on uncanny x-men, way to make 12-16 issues of absolute nothing

So few people buy comics that, unlike with other media, loud bitching can occasionally have an outsized effect on things.

Probably not with this, though, since Batman will sell no matter what.

Sup Forums, you can't meme this into reality.

>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.
>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.
>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.
>I love you, Bat.
>I love you, Cat.

>People still read King's Batman run

There's the issue. I gave up after how insanely lazy his Bane arc was.
>Tells everyone that he's returning Bane back to what made him so great in the first place
>Turns him into a giant manbaby who gets his ass kicked in a few panels

His huge innovation was turning Bane into a Batman dark mirror which is literally what Bane has been since his first appearance.

I don't hate King's Batman as much as some but I do often question how many Batman comics he's actually read.

Attached: 1503323120430.jpg (387x384, 62K)

Ironically enough, his mirroring of Bane to Batman felt more forced than it ever was before. Usually it just felt natural, as if they were kindred spirits on opposite sides. King turned it into "LOOK HE'S LIKE BRUCE"

>character keeps doing stupid, poorly-written shit
>people keep getting mad about her doing stupid, poorly written shit

WOW, what a fucking shock.

Do we really need 20 threads a day bitching about King's Batman? There's already a few on the front page right now.

It would be ok to bash King's writing if he was still doing a Marvel title

Fall off a tall building.

Yes, I do. But King is the one currently on the Batman title and he's not leaving anytime soon, so I've just stopped reading his Batman. No sense in getting mad over something you can't change.

Are all DC fans like this or is it just the Batman ones? Genuinely curious.

I'm mad because King pretty much stripped Selina of nearly all character flaws and personality traits just so he could jerk off to his perfect waifu and now people hate Catwoman more than ever because of it

>I love you Bat
>Bat?
>Yeah, Bat.
>Bat like Batman?

Post yfw Bendis and King will write comics together

Attached: 1519666213444.jpg (360x360, 21K)

Honestly, the King hate has become so over the top that it creates a weird dissonance where I kind of appreciate his run more.

>Bendis on Superman
>King on Batman
Fucking hell

Attached: 1517573342108.png (1070x601, 507K)

When you say things like this we know you don't read comics. That's ALWAYS been what bane was. Fuck you, you casual fcking faggot. I guess today I'll invent the fucking saxophone and get credit for it.

You've pretty much just proven the only person who defends kings batman is a casual who hasn't actually read the previous batman runs.

There is literally going to be a Bendis/King Superman/Batman crossover within the next year and it will be a meme of the Gods. It will probably use about 8 words in total for all its cringey "realistic" dialogue.

Nope, stop being such a casual. Telos exists, for one.

I don't get mad about things I don't read

What the fuck are you even responding too? Did you even read the whole post before typing that out?

Please no

Attached: freaking out.png (400x400, 247K)

Femanon here, I absolutely hate how King has butchered both Talia and Selina. And now he's going to try to cater to the lesbian community by pushing Harley and Ivy in the most idiotic way possible.

Attached: origies are empowering.jpg (1988x3056, 1.31M)

>I don't get mad about things I don't read

...I don't think you belong on Sup Forums.

I don't think he's gonna push Harley and Ivy. I remember him tweeting that he's was gonna write Harkey but not for Batman, and then some time after that tweeted about Harley and Booster. Of course he could have been lying at the time, but I think Harley appearances was just a one-time thing

Which writer had Catwoman beat beat fuckimg Cheetah with a fucking rock?

King clearly has zero respect for Speedsters. He had Batman stab Reverse Flash in the foot, while Reverse Flash was looking directly at him and phasing. And his explanation was they can't phase their feet, because they would fall into the earth. Because that totally happens whoever they go through walls, they just fall through the earth.

>Three person conversation between King's Batman, Catwoman, and a Bendis character.

"Cat..."
"Cat?"
"Bat..."
"Bat?"
"Cat."
"Cat?"
"Bat."
"Bat?"

End scene.

I would like to see Selina fail at something in this book. It's not that she's been infallible so far in the series that's been so annoying, but it's that she's been infallible in the series far above her powerlevel. I want to see her try to take on someone like Shazam and just get completely btfo so that we can at least set the ceiling on her powerlevel.

That's what I got from reading this cbr.com/batman-harley-quinn-center-of-the-dc-universe/

I read that too, but then I got thinking and it seems like Harley isn't gonna be what defeats Ivy at the end. Naturally what'll defeats Ivy is gonna be her own self if we go by Kings usual writing, seems like King likes to write about inner-demons and shit like that (Bane with Venom, Bats and his attemp of killing Riddler/suicidal tendencies, Catwoman and her hundreds of murders, etc)

dont they always leave their feet behind when they go through walls?

>powerlevel
har har
powerlevelfags deserve this

you read cbr?

Y-Yeah

I feel like it's going to end like this

Attached: batcatbatcatbatcat.png (630x507, 590K)

That whole prolonged mommy-themed juxtaposition was really bad.

read, motherfucker, read

Can't wait for him to ruin Joker next.

Attached: O0x9YH9.jpg (1988x3056, 775K)

>American public school literacy

Attached: 1515038703118.png (855x479, 590K)

featuring Sup and Lo.

But Bane already had his inner demon fight back during the old Azrael series.

Attached: 19.jpg (1008x1547, 387K)

indifference hurts more than anger

Well he's retreating that, it's not like he can come out with something else for Bane, or that he will

It's not like anyone's had any idea of what to do with Selina since Brubaker's run, and even that petered out at the end.

Stay mad, OP. Your vitriol and anal burn is mildly amusing whenever it's not just pathetically forced and repetitive.

>Considering the fact that a Flash at 1% power is still probably the speed of sound

Yeah, no.

>Catwoman and her hundreds of murders

Ugh, why did you have to remind me.

there was never anything more to her character than that

ever

>Catwoman and her hundreds of murders
did you people not actually read it? She was taking the rap for one of her friends

I'm more of the mindset that King wrote that after he faced the backlash from having Selina have all those murders, having Holly doing it is valid but then again at the time it didn't seems like Holly was part of the story overall.

She's a thief who wears a sexy cat suit. Do you want a sappy backstory, my friend? Some dreams or motivations beyond her base character?

Incidentally, are there any cute issues with her interacting with the bat family and NOT discussing Bruce? I'd like to read those.

If there's one thing Sup Forums whiners love, it's making multiple threads

Regardless of whether or not the politics are good, adding politics of any sort always comes at the cost of quality. With SJWs every single thing needs to be about them and their insane religious dogma.

Personally, I'm indifferent to Catwoman so I'm not reading the current Batman line. Feels good, man.

King only had Hollie take the blame after the fanboys got buttblasted.

Here.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p0rztc64CZ1uduei0_1280.jpg (959x901, 289K)

>femanon
Like why would this matter at all?
>he butchered talia and Catwoman
No he didn't ya fake geek girl.

Morrison turned Talia in a baby-crazy, psychotically obsessive, clingy ex who turned the League of Assassins into a band of mindwiped bat furries because she was driven crazy by the lack of Batcock. King's orgy aficionado is nothing.

Please. The Talia orgy scene was off putting, but I guess King probably wanted to shit on Talia's character and make her as unappealing as possible.

It felt unneeded other than to do that and I guess to try and make her bi for some reason. I guess all female Batman villains have to be bi now. So wow.

I guess I don't really know how we are supposed to view her. I didn't like everything Morrison did with her, but then there is the things Tomasi did with her that don't mesh with Morrison's version of her where she isn't just some crazy monster, which is more recent than the Morrison version. I mean so much of the Morrison stuff has been pushed to the side across the Batman line or only parts of it still count that I guess I just don't know what her character is supposed to be anymore.

>The Talia orgy scene was off putting, but I guess King probably wanted to shit on Talia's character and make her as unappealing as possible.
You're erroneously assuming that King, like yourself, is an autistic virgin.
>It felt unneeded other than to do that and I guess to try and make her bi for some reason. I guess all female Batman villains have to be bi now.
Autistic virgin
>I guess I don't really know how we are supposed to view her
Obviously not.

If you think being involved in a massive orgy is not massively out of character for Talia then you're an idiot. But by all means, keep at it.

>If you think being involved in a massive orgy is not massively out of character for Talia
Give me one good reason why that is.

Oh wow insults, someone is really miffed that not everyone has a positive reaction to a shitty series.

Talia was always an shitty character. Tomasi's Talia is abysmal.

>having a harem and orgies, drowning in gold with a large canopy bed, filthy rich with money that comes from god knows what or where, disinterested and cold hearted
>in character for Talia

Talia's character has been fucked over a long time ago. But now in this case you can't have her by sympathetic at all otherwise it would undermine the whole Bruce and Selina fluff that's going on.

And date raping Bruce is?

What about Jason fucking her? You think that'll ever be addressed again?

It sounds very much in line with her character, give me a reason why it isn't.
Made your claim now prove it.

You mongs can't seriously believe editorial would ever be ok with any writer poisoning a major non-super villain character like that. Even Morrison gave Marvel an easy out for Magneto going all genocidal in NY with the drugs and Sublime that Marvel was too stupid to use afterwards. Selina's mass murder was a blatant misdirect from the start.

>Sympathetic
>Talia
Lady, Talia never really loved Bruce, not really. You see like her father, she wanted Bruce as something else, to be a man that was against his morals. You act like her father was the only one pulling strings when in reality Talia was just as manipulative as he was. You're getting mad over a silly panel because it fucks with your shipping

I'm miffed at your prudery you autistic moralfag.
>oh this character is having lots of sex
>that means its bad writing.

He had a Bane arc? I dropped his shit after the first arc when I realized he wasn't going to do anything cool with Gotham and Gotham Girl. In fact, the exact point I dropped it was the very first issue of his suicide squad arc, where the whole time he was trying to get permission to recruit an Arkham inmate, and all the suits were all "noooo way, way too dangerous" and the whole issue kept building up to the point when they finally revealed who it was, and it was just fucking Catwoman. First, when has Catwoman ever been to Arkham? Arkham is supposed to be for the clinically insane, but writers just treat it as a private museum for Batman's rogues gallery. Second when has Catwoman ever been seen as such a threat? They bumped her up to being such a broken Mary Sue of a character just so she could stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Batman and not seem like a charity case. The fact that King introduced her this way should lead to no surprise that many issues later she took out three Flashes on a single page.

Talia's been a sexual deviant from the start. She's a fucking rapist. An orgy is nothing she'd scoff at.

Well to be fair King overruled editorial to the point of kicking his editor out when he wanted Finch for the proporsal issue and editorial wanted someone else

So complaining about books you haven't read

>never
Don't be a mong. Her character worked in the first storyline but after that you you either repeat it making Ra's seem like an incompetent buffoon and Talia a backstabbing cunt or she turn on Bruce so you make her a psychopat and a backstabbing cunt. She was never a good character buy she did initially love him before hack writers made her a whore.

You're confusing sex with love. They're not together, why wouldn't Talia be having sex with other partners currently? Again, fuck your shipping mentality.

I complained only about the parts I read. What's your problem? Do I need to completely read a series that I hated to be justified in complaining about it? Faggot.

The guy says everything is okay, but innocuously asks if the woman is in costume because she might be, and he doesn't recognize it.
Her response is to make a highly suggestive advance towards him while making cat noises? What the fuck was she trying to do/prove?

I guess it's supposed to be a catwoman reference, but WHY do that, and not just say "Oh I'm not in costume", instead of purposely making a stranger uncomfortable like that?
But imagine if the purple-shirt guy had been a woman, and she had asked a man the same question and he had leant in like that while making Kraven the Hunter noises.

Wouldn't have gone down well in this day and age I can abso-fucking-lutely guarantee you.

Attached: groose.jpg (462x464, 25K)

>fake geek girl
>reads comics

Its funny to me that you're calling me a shipper when
1) you're probably a shipper yourself
2)I hate shipping
3) I just said she's always been a shitty character
And yes, random sex with everyone makes a character a whore.

>and he had leant in like that while making Kraven the Hunter noises.

W-What are Kraven the Hunter noises?

user, you're overthinking it. The guy thinks there's a chance of getting laid here in the near future.

>And yes, random sex with everyone makes a character a whore.
Selina kyle.

The date rape was retconned out by even Morrison because he admitted he forgot how the original sex scene took place.

So to be absolutely clear, when a guy fucks a lot of women he's a stud, but when a woman does it too for the same reasons she's a whore? I okay, thanks for clearing that up, I'll be sure to give every woman shit for a casual sexual encounter, even if they're a villain who is part of an organization created for the sole purpose of creating assassins.
Wasn't she more of a cocktease, meaning leading men on rather than actually fucking them? I'm not up to speed on Selina's list of fuckbuddies