How come most Eastern-inspired Western cartoons and western-inspired Eastern cartoons are good?

How come most Eastern-inspired Western cartoons and western-inspired Eastern cartoons are good?

Attached: 53D7DEEF-E059-40D2-AF96-C5BC7D0E98CB.png (220x172, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/--qumAkDiRo
youtu.be/_VIziXOtdKk
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cowboy bebop
>big o
>trigun
>wildly popular in the west
>japan doesn't give a shit about them

It's amazing how shit taste they have.

Attached: 1308353660218.jpg (250x250, 17K)

>ANOTHER Boku no Shit thread
Are you guys retarded or something? What is stopping you from discussing that anime on Sup Forums? Why do you have to make a thread here on Sup Forums every day?

How did "baby's first shonen" managed to gather fans so obnoxious?

At least it's not some "Sup Forums does Sup Forums better than Sup Forums" threads.

O MY WISHING ENERGY

O MY JOBBER DEKU

O MY NONEXISTENT STORY

O MY CANCEROUS FANS

Attached: boku no nothing happens.png (704x3545, 408K)

can you say japanese you loser

Same with Samurai Jack and Avatar not being as popular as they should have been

Teen Titans Go being an exception

This manga sure has an autistic hatebase

youtu.be/--qumAkDiRo

Sampled Superman’s theme

Attached: 1474504176433.jpg (583x990, 111K)

Because the best artistic endeavors involve a combination of inspirations. It's how humans were designed.

My first shounen was Yu Yu Hakusho back in the 90s senpai

Seems anti-BNH posters on Sup Forums are the annoying newfags

Sup Forums is just waifufagging and circlejerks. The only one stopping substantive discussion is you

All Might is just shitter Cap and Superman

>Sup Forums is just waifufagging and circlejerks
A perfect place for Boku no Shitu.

Here You're welcome.

He's a tad better than superman as he inspires people

Because people who grow up with conventions have a really hard time realizing they are there and shaking them. Japanese do a better job with superhero because they just tell a story with or about superheroes, not a story about hiding a secret identity and stopping a villain from 50 years ago with their doomsday clock.

The same thing with western cartoons following a typical eastern genre. Unless it is blatantly trying to just ape an anime appearance, you have the writers considering how they will handle things from their own unique perspective and so it's not saddled with the same stereotypes that anime traditionally is.

>Superman doesn't inspire people, unlike muh japanese copy
Weeaboos, not even once.

>Just

That's half the point user. You get this kid, Midoriya, who is essentially a cripple in an end game x-men world (without the powercreep), but he looks up to this idol, the very emblem of justice. And despite being near useless, he still desperately wants to be a hero so bad, he creates this autistic little compendium on heroes he sees, and their potential weaknesses.

In fact, he's so inspired, when he meets All-Might he desperately begs to know if he can still become a hero, despite everyone from his friends to doctor to family repeatedly saying over and over that he can't. When All Might reveals that he's crippled, and barely functional, even with all his power? That Midoriya should join the police, or else he's just going to get hurt, or put others in danger? It kicks his spirit into the dirt.

On top of everything, his idol is a partial fraud to boost morale in society.

But when all of those heroes gather to fight Sludge (I have no idea his actual name), but they can't do anything, because he might kill the shitstain kid that bullies him? That All Might can't intervene because he's too tired? That he will almost certainly die if he tries to help?

He runs anyway, into the fucking flames, smacks that monster in the eye with a notebook, all while gibbering madly on why it's a terrible idea. Just because that little prick needed help, and he could see it. This then inspires All Might to intervene VIA THE POWER OF HEART and severe internal bleeding, we later find out , and save the day.

All Might isn't a shittier Cap, he's a more powerful Bucky Barnes. One that's inspired by this half grown little fanboy, who ran into an inferno to save his bully on instinct, because it was the right thing to do.

Midoriya is Steve Rogers, he's a little kid in a Tokyo council flat who just doesn't know when to give up.

Pat if I could kill you I would.

Attached: 1518563387578.png (644x800, 15K)

He’s a better written Superman

youtu.be/_VIziXOtdKk

This is why Superman should be a side character

i don't understand how people think mha is good
it's so very mediocre and predictable, and i feel like the majority only watches to self-insert as deku

>Anime copies tropes used in comics since the 30's
>Weeaboos find it groudbreaking and original
Damn. Anime in general must be really shit if that is what takes to impress otakus so much.

its fun nigga

Attached: 1508687114442.png (485x443, 22K)

>He’s a better written Superman
Name three good All-Might stories.

Name the best three writers that have written All-Might stories.

I will wait.

No event books

>Midoriya is Steve Rogers, he's a little kid in a Tokyo council flat who just doesn't know when to give up.
Steve Rogers was also a soldier and he didn't cry all the time.

I've never read an end game x-men comic from the perspective of the daily life of someone completely mundane, and I'd be happy if you'd recommend me one. No time travel with Kitty allowed

House of M :^)

Big O was being broadcast almost at the same time Evangelion in Japan along side other big name anime if Im not wrong.... it literally did not had a chance, but when the DVDs were released some time ago it got some following later on

Attached: Big O Japan.png (546x1049, 283K)

>

Age of Apocalypse you dumb shit

Why not just recommend that I stab myself in the eyes with a fork, that'd be less rude.

>Boku no Herofag
>Complaining about a story not being good enough for his taste
The lack of self-awareness...

>Steve Rogers was also a soldier
After he received and had full use of his powers, yes.

>end game x-men world
What?

But he never wanted to be a hero, he wanted to be a soldier.

Mutant gene appearing in nearly everyone, either through interbreeding or the vaguely bullshit intervention mechanic that triggers an avalanche of new mutants .

Non-mutants essentially being a minority, but not a castigated one.

I'm still waiting for the three good All Might stories and the three best All Might writers. It should be easy to answer, since All Might is so well-written and deep, yet the Bokufags are avoiding the question.

You have to go b/a/ck

But there is no end game for mutants. Sublime will win in the end.

It's just Sup Forumsedditors

Why the fuck would a character be written by different authors? That’s fanfiction as fuck

I'm not entirely sure you know how manga work.

It's interesting and fresh to see foreign interpretations of familiar genres. Same reason spaghetti westerns are so good.

>Sherlock Holmes
>James Bond
>Long John Silver
>Lucifer
>Heracles
>Jesus
>Odisseus
>Captain Nemo
Is All Might better written than all those characters? They were all written by multiple authors.

I thought Bebop was popular in Japan too.

When a new writer comes in to write stories about somebody else's character, that's on the same level as fanfiction. Just because the original story is so old it's in the public domain doesn't change anything in that regard. All it means is that it becomes legal to write for-profit fanfics.

Bebop's actually incredibly popular in Japan and one of the highest selling anime of all time there, this is an old myth.

>How did "baby's first shonen" managed to gather fans so obnoxious?
"Baby's first shounen" has always had obnoxious fans user, do you not remember DBZ fans, Naruto fans, Bleach fans, and so on?

It rather well known enough for its genre, any smashing hit animu stuff video goes into 100k+ views though

Attached: Cowboy Bepop.png (546x607, 194K)

So, how many respectable writers have written good All Might stories?

Does All Might even have good stories? Or is he just a bunch of old comic book tropes amassed into one non-character that is beloved by weeaboos because they literally don't know any better?

For most of the characters on that list, it's how an original author interprets the character which makes things interesting. When talking about Robert Downey's Sherlock Holmes or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen's Captain Nemo, people do not talk about the "person writing the story arc of Captain Nemo" during that time. They talk about how the author (or actor, for above) interpreted that character and represented them in their own work. Nobody talks about Disney's Hercules in the context of the character Heracles, but in the context of Disney movies and studios.

The only exception on that list is James Bond, who has been handed off to different actors and writers in an official capacity. And, I'll note, the "well written" or "well acted" James Bonds tend to just be the ones not written like shit, as opposed to exceptionally well written movies.

You are also comparing a comic/animation that is less than three years old to characters who have been represented in various media for decades, if not centuries. Superman is over 80 years old. Sherlock Holmes is over 130. Of course there has been more writing (and by that token, better writers) with those characters than just Japanese teenage fanfiction over the last two years.

This is some weak bait. But I'll bite, just in case you're genuinely this stupid. Most manga, only have one writer with one set story with a set beginning middle and end. It's all one story seperated by arcs. So if you want "the best All Might story" you're just asking for "My Hero Academia". Best All Might moments? When he tells Deku he can be a hero, when he arrives to fight the villains during the disaster training, when he has his rematch with All for One and the world cheers him on and sees who he really is. He's a well rounded solid character and I think if Sup Forumsmrades took the time to read the story they'd be surprised it's a genuinely fun ride

multiculturalism is good actually.

>The very best All Might moments are shit that heroes like Superman and Captain America do every month
When weeaboos only have pedoshit to read, any capeshit is groundbreaking, I suppose.

Attached: laughing at weeaboos.gif (500x418, 181K)

To disrespect Sup Forums's rules

Ah, you're one of... "Those" people

It's not a thread about BnhA, it's about why crosspollination of ideas yields better content.

These anons get it.

Because they're taking the core ideas of something and adapting it for their own context. That makes it fresh to the audiences they present to, much like Pacific Rim was a decent giant robot movie that built on some of the core ideas of Evangelion and other giant robot series.

Uncanny x-force and new x men by morrison

Because interracial breeding is actually healthy and leads to less deformity on average.

Reminder that Saitama is a badass

Attached: 14 - 0lJMhBP.png (670x1080, 965K)

that is true, pure bred dogs are one of *the* most fucked things around, they suffer from way too much illness and shit

>Shonen about kid who never gives up

Groundbreaking.

This. MHA may have the basic building blocks of any number of shounen anime, but the characters are cute, the setting is interesting, and they even get pretty creative with the powers or how they're used in tandem.

(you)

Attached: bnha laugh.jpg (680x449, 97K)

>comics use tropes used in storytelling since the dawn of mankind
>spergs think they own the very tropes they use, and anyone who uses even a remotely similar trope is copying them and is shit.

(you)

Attached: 2ad.jpg (720x720, 40K)

Because the exchange of ideas lends itself to reinventions of those ideas, which are both innovative yet highly palatable to the viewing audience.

>implying that a character in a fairly new story, in a completely different storytelling format, would have as many authors as a character owned by a mega corporation over the span of nearly a hundred years....

Wow, youre genuinely retarded.

Attached: gettinstupid.jpg (833x573, 211K)

This thread will get deleted, as it should!

However, quick! Say something you like and hate about BnHA!

I like that Deku isn't an idiot.
I hate that every cool villain is gone in 30 chapters orless.

Attached: ochako.png (1980x2032, 1.95M)

We need a hindu inspired cartoon, just lock some boarders in an apartment with nothing but the Rig Veda and a fuckton of drugs for a week

Attached: 1241234123.jpg (900x432, 73K)

>InRangeMudTest.jpg

How the fuck am I supposed to read that.

I like all of the characters and how they interact, I hate that nobody in this school now how to have a healthy sexual relationship. None of the students in this High school have ever fucked anybody (excluding the no-name characters who have no doubt been taken advantage of by Midnight), now that's just plain unrealistic.

Attached: My Hero Lewis Blacademia.png (888x7432, 3.16M)

Big O started airing in 99, NGE aired in '95.

Attached: 1500751432136.png (276x299, 127K)

I mean they're Japanese.

It's true that the teen pregnancy rate in japan is about a 6th of what it is in america, but considering how much goddamn boning goes down in this country one 6th of that should still be substantial. there should be at least one student in 1-A who's sexually active but there isn't.

Cross-pollination makes stronk.

How is All Reddit good?

>Sup Forums is just waifufagging and circlejerks.
Sounds like Sup Forums as well

The reason I like All-Might better than Superman, is because All-Might has something at stake. He can fail. Eventually, he will fail. Until then, he sacrifices himself for everyone, not for fame, or for money, but because it's the right thing to do.

Superman is almost exactly like this. My favorite superman in the past 15 years after when new 52 just began reverting back to old 52, and old clark had to act in secret because new 52 clark had just died and he had to keep his family safe. Clark had things to lose.

You can say he can still lose his family, but Clark is near omnipotent. He can be anywhere on Earth in a second or less flat. He can hear anyone, anywhere on Earth in a second flat.

All Might is what I wish Clark was. Someone who could fail, and because he can fail, tries all the harder not to because it is all the more important that he doesn't.

Attached: allmight.jpg (800x450, 46K)

>You can say he can still lose his family, but Clark is near omnipotent. He can be anywhere on Earth in a second or less flat.
Common misconception. Superman can't be everywhere at once and has to handle the burden of having failed to have saved countless people in peril simply because he can't be everywhere at once. It's how his father died, he suffered a heart attack and Clark couldn't get there in time to save him.

Attached: 1518648319382.jpg (1883x1458, 506K)

He stopped crying after entering highschool, btw. Tears from pain don't count

All Might is great because he only has 1 super power instead of all of them

There are elements of All Might i do enjoy more than Superman and i can see why he appeals to people who think Superman is boring.

But at the same time i wouldn't wan't Superman to be entirely like All Might.

The only real thing i want anyone to take and use from All Might for Superman would be his action scenes. I know giant anime battles don't adapt well to live action but the All Might Nomu fight where you just get All Might Dropping from the sky super fast and charging up that big punch. Thats just fucking great. Thats what i want to see Superman doing when he has a big stupid fight.