Marvel Netflix General!

> Can Punisher S1 be watched without having watched Cage, Fist or Defenders? Thanks.
> Opinions of Jessica Jones S2?
> Favorite moments/aspects of all the shows?
> Hopes/Ideas for future seasons of the various shows?

Anyone else salty they are wasting Alice Eve on fucking Iron Fist S2?

Attached: giphyh.gif (245x375, 1.58M)

Attached: casting (14).jpg (1530x920, 254K)

Punisher S1 is more or less disconnected from any of the other shows. It stands on its own.

Pissed they are wasting Goggins in Ant Man 2. Perfect Bullseye casting.

Attached: casting (13).jpg (1238x740, 186K)

Attached: casting (10).jpg (2496x940, 285K)

Attached: tumblr_inline_nmrzistG1F1qc8s7l_250.gif (245x176, 1.14M)

Are there any references to it in JJs2?

I hope Frank is less passive in the upcoming season. I know a lot of people enjoyed it, but the season was a slog full of attempts at being relevant. But u understand how something that would take a narration box, needs to be fleshed out for tv.

Netflix's punisher ain't Frank Castle. It's some weird...acceptable Punisher. They try too much to humanize him. Too likable. NOT a bad character. Just not very Punisher.

I just finished JJ season 2. I enjoyed it kinda? There's a turn in the second half that just kinda lost me. Felt like I was just watching to get it over with. It focused too much on characters without much plot.

That said, I'm looking the fuck forward to JJ season 3. Shit should ACTUALLY happen. Shit I want to see.

Give it time. They'll break him and make him Frank. I was actually really satisfied with the show. In the past I'd always written Punisher off as an unlikeable psychopath, but this one really tugged at my heart strings. I just felt so sorry for him.

>Netflix's punisher ain't Frank Castle. It's some weird...acceptable Punisher. They try too much to humanize him. Too likable. NOT a bad character. Just not very Punisher.

Netflix Luke Cage and Iron Fist are nothing like their comic counterparts, so even worse

You cant get fans invested in an unlikeable shitbag. They got to make him likeable before they turn him into a shitbag.

Unless there was a passing mention I missed, no.

>That said, I'm looking the fuck forward to JJ season 3. Shit should ACTUALLY happen. Shit I want to see.
Enough time will have passed by then since Kilgrave's "death" that it won't feel like an asspull for them to bring him back, so that's something to look forward to.

Also what about simpson, they made such a big deal in season 1 to set him up as nuke then just kill him off in like the third episode

S1 s helped by watching season 2 of deadpool, he's not in defenders or any others

And seeing as how they made a point of showing where they dumped his body, I seriously doubt he's coming back.
A real shame, too, I liked Simpson.

>You cant get fans invested in an unlikeable shitbag
Idk. HOUSE went on for like 8 seasons.

I'm looking forward to Trish's story. Hard ass misanthrope stories can be good but I think they're over done. I wish they'd play up the celebrity aspect of Trish's life though, NOT the addiction angle. They've got that with two other characters. Hell it's kind of the theme of Jessica Jones at this point. I just think they should bring something else to the table.

This pissed me off.

He can still come back. Nuke was turned heavily into a Cyborg in the comics.

Attached: 3558997-nuke.jpg (320x320, 50K)

> Can Punisher S1 be watched without having watched Cage, Fist or Defenders? Thanks.
No. Daredevil S2 yes, other shows no.
Completely unnecessary
The hallway fight in S1 of Daredevil, Frank in S2, pretty much all of Fisk, Krysten Ritter's ass, Misty's tits, pretty much all of Luke, Cottonmouth, Danny and Luke had pretty decent chemistry which makes me hope we get a Powerman and Iron Fist series. I'd say thats everything.
No more seasons of Jessica Jones, make Iron Fist a kung fu show and not focus on a bunch of boring corporate drama, a Moon Knight series. Season 2 of Defenders to add Hellcat and Moon Knight. Punisher written by people who actually understand the character and just make it an episodic series about Frank Franking criminals and not sharing his feelings in a PTSD support group.

Attached: GR, MK and Blade Casting.jpg (4304x2148, 1.67M)

>I just think they should bring something else to the table
That's what they're doing.
She'll be Hellcat by halfway season 3.

I thought that was just a metal skull plate.
What don't I know?

He has 2 hearts and is mostly cybernetic. he was also turned into a psychotic killer through massive amounts of torture by Wolverine

Sweet, if only Coslov wasn't dead so we'd at least have a pre-established character to do that to him post-mortem.

Nah it was Hammerhead who had the skull plate.
You see Nuke in his Thunderbolts issues with robotic parts all in his arms & legs.

Ah, that's where my confusion stems from.
What even happened to Hammerhead?

In recent event? He got shot in the head.

Good, fuck Hammerhead.

He got better though.

Of course he did, nobody dies unless they're a well liked, upcoming hero.
Remember Mettle?

No he died.

That's my point.

But he got better.

No. The only loose requirement is DDS2, which I'm assuming you've watched since you didn't mention it.
I've only watched the first three episodes, and don't know if I'll continue. With Nuke dying before he could really become Nuke, I'm left with no characters I really give a fuck about.
Everything with Kingpin. Everything with Punisher in DDS2. The stairwell fight in DDS2. A better version of the rooftop talk with Frank and Matt than the original from Welcome Back, Frank. Daredevil no-selling a punch to the face from Iron Fist.
At this point I just want Daredevil Season 3, and possibly Punisher Season 2 now that they've done pretty much everything they possibly can with the piss-poor conspiracy plot, so we can get to real frankings again.

Attached: daredevil-seasnon-2-promo.jpg (453x238, 14K)

>At this point I just want Daredevil Season 3, and possibly Punisher Season 2 now that they've done pretty much everything they possibly can with the piss-poor conspiracy plot, so we can get to real frankings again.
I want this, too, but preferably without any more Hand bullshit.
Leave that for Iron Fist or get rid of them altogether.

After Defenders, I think The Hand is over and done with.

It's been quite a while since I watched it, it ended with a Born Again tease for Matt, but what was the status of the Hand there?
Did Gao survive?

I'm pretty sure that every member of The Hand was buried.
Besides, there's no way The Hand is going to be in DDS3. Kingpin is going to be the villain again. He has to be.

Aren't we getting Bullseye?
I'm fairly sure that was confirmed.

Yes
Shit
When Daredevil ripped off Year One
That they get cancelled and relaunched on Disney streaming as one Heroes For Hire and Daredevil/Punisher Team-Up

I'm at episode 9 of JJS2 and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Yeah it's poorly paced, but every one one of these damn shows are. Either you accept the filler or you don't and I like the character stuff here.

>I dom't read Punisher

>42 replies
>mostly shill posts
>16 users
HMMM

I'm sure he's going to be hired by Kingpin, among others.

users

I think Gao was left ambiguous in her fate and will likely pop back up in IF season 2, considering the hint of her being involved with Davos.

Well, if there's one Hand related character I'm okay with seeing more of, it's Gao. She needs a good comeback after being dragged down from "mysterious influencer of events" to "leader of a Hand faction" to "lackey of Sygorney Weaver's wasted character"

>they are wasting Alice Eve on fucking Iron Fist S2

Jesus Christ I did not know this

>this thread
All Netflix Marvel shows fucking sucked

Attached: shill.jpg (620x387, 41K)

Danny Ketch

Attached: 1242911076001_5108858654001_et-terminator-090116-hulu.jpg?pubId=1242911076001.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

does this really need a general and if it does (it doesn't can it be moved to /Trash/

(you)

Attached: l0Jk7.png (500x344, 261K)

>> Can Punisher S1 be watched without having watched Cage, Fist or Defenders?
Not only it can, it should be.
>> Opinions of Jessica Jones S2?
Boring and it feels like it was written by angry feminists. It wasn't the case with s1, and it dealt with more serious issues.

Attached: 1518910927763.png (175x288, 41K)

JJs2 only references JJs1 and ignores everything else.

> Can Punisher S1 be watched
No.

Your about to hit the point where the show shits itself by going on too long

On JJS2, I generally enjoyed it. As an user said earlier, there's not much in terms of plot so it depends if you like the characters or not. I'm interested enough in Jessica to want to know her past. Malcom was much more likable this season. Jeri's decadent lesbianism was great, she was essentially doing a male power trip in a female's body, and I love the irony of her introduction happening with her accepting a feminist award. I was surprised they made a Captain America reference, but no reference to Defenders. I thought Marvel TV had decided to exist in a completely separate universe from the movies?

Attached: FuckingComfy.jpg (960x718, 295K)

Yeah, really you barely even need to watch DD S2, far as I remember it didn't really reference anything, and explained his origin story again
Fuck you I liked it. But I'm a fan of noir PI themes, and I'm partial to female leads. JJ is my favorite of the Netflix shows
I love the guy that makes DD's armor, and the theme of JJ as I stated above. I think JJ and Cage have comfy moments in their shows more than the others do, too.
I just hope JJ gets another season

What was the Captain America reference? I binge watched it all while doing other stuff so I must have missed it.
Also the TV shows have been established to be based off of MCU canon but in no way seem to have an effect on the MCU canon

Not that poster, but the reference was so lame. I didn't even realize it at the time that it was said, because it was a complete throwaway line spoken in the middle of another scene.

Jessica is investigating the Mexican guy's apartment, and Vito is describing his toys to her as she goes through his father's drawers. Vito says something about how his Captain America action figure is his favourite, but he lost Cap's shield.

House was at least entertaining. Same with other "unlikable" protags. Jessica is just grating.

I know Jessica specifically mentions the Raft would be the place her mother would be sent if she was taken in

Oh right I forgot that kid even had a figure of him. Was that really a reference to Civil War? That really is lame.

That surprised me, was the Raft known to civilians? I thought it was supposed to be some top secret prsion

It's every bit of a boring shitfest as season 1, but at least Jessica's mother and Karl Malus were legitimately enjoyable antagonists unlike Kilgrave. In fact, I wish the show was about Jessica's mother rather than about the annoying bitch herself.
>Daredevil
Kingpin and Welsey
Russian mob
Jessica Jones
It ended.
>Luke Cage
Stokes.
>Iron Fist
I got an opportunity to make fun of Scott Buck.
>Defenders
Same as Jessica Jones.
>The Punisher
It made me watch better spy thrillers.
I have no hopes for any of those shows anymore. All it's doing is setting up for major disappointment.

>What was the Captain America reference? I binge watched it all while doing other stuff so I must have missed it.

A kid with a Captain America figure asks JJ if she knows CA.

>Also the TV shows have been established to be based off of MCU canon but in no way seem to have an effect on the MCU canon

Earlier shows, like Daredevil, directly acknowledge the movies. But as time has gone on, I see that less and less on all the Marvel shows. The shows have gone out of their way to not mention the movies, so the CA reference in JJS2 felt odd.

there was enough other things happening to distract from House being an unlikable shitbag.
the other doctors/personal drama, the "mystery" of whats wrong.

and even then House stopped being good/interesting after season 4/5

>House stopped being good/interesting after season 4/5
The point of contention concerned whether or not television viewers would remain invested in unlikeable characters for a long period of time, not whether or not a show which contained them would remain good for a long period of time.

NOT CA-Oh wait wrong thread.

Yeah but Punisher is by far the worst of the shows.
I liked it even if I thought it was a bit too mean spirited in the end. I'm really glad that Killgrave stayed dead
skip
I hope that season 3 has things getting more chill for D.D and J.J. I get why they broke up the casts for season 2 but it kind of sucks when you like most of the characters to see them become assholes

They had to, Punisher is kind of a shit character desu.
All he does is just murder people over and over, I don't think the people who are asking for 13 hours of Frank just killing everyone with no plot inbetween really know what they're asking for or at lease don't understand that a thing like that would be boring to most people who aren't already Punisher fans.

I'm sure season 2 will have him fighting more ionic characters like Barbarossa and that Jugsaw though

Actually unironically managed to be worse than S1. Because, while long drawn out, at least Killgrave was an enjoyable villain. This season is just PATSY being a fucking stupid ass turbo cunt and Jessica getting x5 more retarded, and a fucking side story about the prosecutor that no one actually cares for.

>at least Killgrave was an enjoyable villain
HAHAHAHAHA

Better than this "villain not a villain but is a villain but not a villain but is a villain" shit they kept pushing 8 episodes longer than it needed to be.

I'd actually take that over that annoying faggot who has none of the qualities of the enjoyable villain.

Except Trish was every bit of annoying and obnoxious as Killgrave was, if not worse.

I'm not talking about Trish, I thought you meant Karl. I agree then. They ruined Trish beyond belief.

They really should have come up with at least a slightly different motivational focus for Punisher.
His plot in Daredevil involves him killing those responsible for his family's death, all the way up to the top.
Then the start of his own show is a montage of him tracking down and killing all the other people who are now also responsible for their deaths, ending up with him quitting because he has finally killed everyone he needed to.
And then he gets back into it because the badguys who are REALLY responsible show up. Is he going to end up with half the population of the world dead dealing with everyone who is even tangentially responsible? Like the manufacturers of the rides at the park they died in?
They could have at least spent more time on him fighting gangs and shit. Maybe the first couple episodes, instead of just a montage, and then straight on to Frank vs. the Government.

I think JJ S2 has the same problem S1 does, where they weirdly enough have too many episodes. If you don't have a relevant story to tell for an episode, maybe just have one less episode, instead of letting the villain escape again so you can reset the drama.
I think it maybe feels worse in S2 though.

Here this faggot goes again.

>Muh boogyman
What your asking for wouldn't make for a good tv show. You guys are lucky they even included Frank at all as a major character inside of just killing him off as a loony

You're a retard who hasn't read a comic in your entire life and then spouting bullshit. Fuck off.

It wouldn't have made a good show dude, you getting mad at me about that doesn't change facts.
Besides that's all he did during Daredevil. it would have been boring to non-punisher fans to just retread that all over again.

>oversimplifying an opinion to "HURR DURR U JUST WANT KILLING CRIMINALS:
>m-muh opinion is a fact
Fuck off, moron.

You sound really angry at me for no reason my dude.
I'm sorry that Punisher wasn't what you wanted or would have worked outside of a comic but you shouldn't get pissy at a rando over the internet for pointing that out.

alice eve should be emma frost >:(((((((

>i-i-it wouldn't have worked
All you're doing is proving that you never read a single Punisher comic in your entire life or just baiting. Really, fuck off.

Do you have any agreement besides
>Y-y-y-you didn't read the comics?!
Literally most of the critizism even in this thread is that it wasn't like the comics because it had Frank VSing the military instead of killing criminals.
Why are you getting so pissy for me pointing out that would have made for a shitty TV show?

I have an agreement that you should shut the fuck up because you're an idiot and have literally zero idea what you're talking about. Stop wasting my time, you dumb waste of flesh.

>Herp derp stop saying things I don't want to hear
Chill user, you're going to give yourself a heart attack if you get so angry at such dumb things.
You don't actually think that Punisher is mainstream, do you? It wouldn't have worked, get over it

Attached: you to be honest.png (645x729, 90K)

At this point you're just throwing whatever you think sticks because you're that much of a contrarian moron and have absolutely no argument that anyone who read a comic in their life wouldn't laugh at.

My opinion and words have stayed constant and are supported by reality actually, you're the one without any sort of point and just shouting YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COMCIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE over and over.
Please tell me, do you have a single point to make? Explain what you would have done that would have been appealing to mainstream audiences

Both of you need to fuck off.

>My opinion and words have stayed constant and are supported by reality actually
Your idiotic opinions are supported only by your moronic ignorance. You haven't made a single point beyond spouting outright lies and saying "I'm right because I said so" and at this point I believe you're just trolling.
>Please tell me, do you have a single point to make?
That you're an idiot who has the most surface-level "understanding (I hate to even call it that) of a character and yet being a humongous faggot spewing bullshit pretending you know anything you're talking about?
Why should I? I actually read comics unlike the faggot over there.

>he thinks Frank is a complex character
Oh you're a butthurt punisherfag lol.
Nothing I have said it a lie, Frank just murdering criminals is all he ever does, its the entire appeal of his character outside of som

outside of some military stuff.

There's a reason the TV show went the direction it did, that isn't a lie or me making stuff up.
Get over it and stop getting angry about what i'm saying

>HURR DURR THIS CHARACTER IS SHIT XD
>Oh you're a butthurt punisherfag lol.
Another non-argument.
>Nothing I have said it a lie
You've been doing NOTHING BUT spewing lies this whole thread, you fucking retard. No matter how many times you repeat "hurr durr I'm right get over it" won't change that.
>There's a reason the TV show went the direction it didThere's a reason the TV show went the direction it did
To dumb everything down for retards like you.
>Get over it
Get cancer and stop shitting up this thread.

Punisher IS a shit character, user.
Actually say what I lied about, note that an opinion you disagree with isn't a lie
So you admit it was to make him appealing to the mainstream audience? So I wasn't lying then? Which is it
You freaking out because someone said they didn't like Punisher and shitting all over the thread is way worse than I am. At least i'm staying on topic and not just a butthurt characterfag throwing a fit

>HURR DURR IT'S TRUE BECAUSE I SAID SO
What part of "fuck off, idiot" does your tiny brain not understand?
>Actually say what I lied about
Let me get through your garbage excuses for posts.
>13 hours of Frank just killing everyone with no plot inbetween
Because that's what Punisher (especially Ennis ones, the ones everyone loves) comics are. Yeah, it's all "killing criminals" and there's no plot. Bravo, "genius"
Stop even pretending that you have picked up a comic in your entire life and admit that you know nothing what you're talking about.
>So you admit it was to make him appealing to the mainstream audience? So I wasn't lying then? Which is it
So, you admit that you're so dumb, you can't even follow what I'm saying at all? Not even surprised.
>shitting all over the thread is way worse than I am
Keep telling yourself that. You're the one who's being a total fucking idiot this entire thread instead of accepting that you're a moron and shutting the fuck up
>At least i'm staying on topic
HAHAHAHA
>butthurt characterfag
Convenient "argument" when you're saying nothing but idiotic things you can't back up.

Now with that I said, I wish you and everyone you love dies in pain soon just because you're so much of an obnoxious faggot, you deserve it.

>All he does is just murder people over and over, I don't think the people who are asking for 13 hours of Frank just killing everyone with no plot inbetween really know what they're asking for or at lease don't understand that a thing like that would be boring to most people who aren't already Punisher fans.
Or maybe they're not morons who think you can't make a guy murdering criminals interesting. That's the kind of thinking that got us this lame "Government Conspiracy" plot that looks like a rejected script for a new Bourne movie.