Are they putting out any good comics right now? I keep seeing people say they are way better than DC...

Are they putting out any good comics right now? I keep seeing people say they are way better than DC, but the only current stuff I like from them is Zdarsky's stuff and that is hit or miss. Am I overlooking something?

Attached: 1200px-MarvelLogo.svg.png (1200x482, 16K)

Rogue and Gambit

...that's it.

isn't that written by the journalist who made lesbian indie comics

>Black bolt
>Rouge and gambit
>Dugga's deadpool (but this is ongoin alrady 2013 idk if it counts)
>Captain america by waid
>asttonishing x men
and for comfy shit:
>x-men blue
>all new wolverine

kelly is just something dum but not a bad persona desu

All shit excepto Black Bolt and Rouget and Gambit

Their comics are way worse than DC

agreed what the fuck is this retard recommending?

>I keep seeing people say they are way better than DC
Who? Who fucking says that? Because DC is pretty good right now, and Marvel is fucking horseshit for the most part
That's a sad pull list

Thing and Human Torch is good.

Attached: 580147._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x553, 95K)

Seconded also the art is gorgeous

Uh

Moon Knight's good. That's the only thing from Marvel I'm pulling at the moment.

Punisher the Platoon just ended and was fucking incredible.
Runaways is consistently good.

I've been liking X-Men Red and All New Wolverine. Taylor's a good X-writer.

all-new wolverine
Black Bolt
Captain America
Doctor Aphra
Hawkeye
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
Marvel Two in One

Yeah, like I said, Chip is good. You guys don't like Spectacular Spidey? I thought it was finally turning itself around.
Are there really people posting here that read these? Or is this bait?

Yeah I enjoy every comic on that second list.

Why would you post on Sup Forums? There are hundreds of other places for people like you.

>no one mentioning Guardians of the Galaxy or Doctor Strange
Usually they're brought up quickly. I'm also enjoying the weekly Avengers.

>I'm so hardcore
What are you underage? Eat shit.
Oh yeah, All-New GotG is good too. I really liked the Drax sax issues.

If you're not enjoying Cates' Thanos, there's something wrong with you.

I'm not reading it because my 'tism wouldn't let me without reading the previous run first.

>Sup Forums is for smart people with good tastes

Attached: pig.png (480x360, 108K)

Eh, it's okay. I just don't think it's as special as everyone's saying it is. Mind you I've only read the story where his alternate future self sends out Cosmic Ghost Rider after him.

Quit lying on the internet.

From Marvel I’m pulling

Spider-Man and Deadpool
Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
AN Wolverine
Venom

Really enjoying Damnation right now

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1884, 3.26M)

Lemire's Thanos isn't worth reading.
Worth reading more, user. It does get better. The last issue was incredible. If you don't enjoy two Thanoses teaming up with Ghost Rider to fight the Annihilation Wave, I don't know what to tell you.

Falcon - this book is so good no one ever says anything about it
Tales of Suspense - Rosenberg's scripting grates and I dont think he has the characters down, but its buddy comedy/espionage action plot is still decent.
I like Two In One and Moon Knight as well.

what's wrong whit lamire's run?
i can't read it yet

Lemire somehow managed to be a pretentious shit while also turning in the same uninspired lackluster shit he's done since going to Marvel.

If that's your jam, cool. If not, you should probably skip it.

These threads always surprise me, not because of taste or anything, but because people actually do read comics on this board and don't just come here to bitch about some out of context page someone posted.

Great Lakes Avengers is worth a mention , Sup Forums does read comics, it’s just during the day the board is flooded with shitposters

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1446, 2.24M)

Doctor Strange and Thanos are pretty good

Deodato and also Lemire

Wait.. People are saying Marvel are better than DC currently? What happened? When I went on a break around the 6th issues of Rebirth comics everyone was sucking DC cock, what changed?

Really, so you never ever come to Sup Forums?

I like my fish like I like my wives.

I really like current Ms.Marvel ongoing
One thing that bothering me tho: always changing artists.

Attached: RCO007.jpg (1041x1600, 472K)

PAD's Scarlet Spider is pretty good.

x-men grand design

how? it reads like a Wikipedia page

Both Marvel and DC are real trash right now.

trash

especially rogue and gambit

waiting for Spencer ASM and delMundo Thor if they're not $4.99+ with filler back up stories

>Both Marvel and DC are real trash right now.
I like DC's stuff. Is it the best its ever been? Of course not. But the new age stuff has been interesting so far and they've had some good minis. Plus Morrison, Miller, and some other big names are coming back. Marvel on the other hand, I really don't know what the fuck is going on.

Attached: spidey.jpg (725x519, 103K)

Rumors are that Hickman is coming back to the fold, give him the X-Books, bring back Uncanny albeit with a new #1 because that's the way things are. Also, F4 with Donny Cates is the other """rumor""" floating around.

that ended a fucking year ago and it was SHIT

Marvel was the best 25 years ago.

Deadpool
Ironfist
Punisher
Gambit & rogue

2 in 1
Astonishing X-Men
Dr. Alphra

I can't really recommend anything else even though I also get
X-Men Blue
X-Men Red
Spectacular Spider-Man
Avengers
Captain America
Deadpool

nothing is worse than DC besides Valiant

Iron Fist
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Scarlet Spider

>Waid's Cap Murica
>Good
Are you out of your mind?

I read tons of comics- just mostly from the previous century. I’ve been looking at the Zdarsky stuff on Wednesdays, though, and given a few more years, I think he might make some great comics.

Thor is good 70% percent of the time. I'm entitled to think Marvel is pushing the Jane stuff on Aaron when he really just wants to write cool Thor

Attached: 014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.51M)

Aaron's Thor has been shit the entire time

Well that's your opinion man

Slott, Cates, Aaron, Taylor, Soule are very good.

>Murica cap
>not good

Don't tell me you think the the latest two issues are good?

I liked Lemire's Thanos. But I also like the cosmic shit where they act like every dropped glass is a cosmic end.

No you don't. At least no here.

>But the new age stuff has been interesting so far and they've had some good minis
Every New Age of Heroes book has been mediocre at best and literally every mini has been pointless and forgettable.
Marvel is still somehow worse though.

Attached: 1452119731950.jpg (295x476, 49K)

The first one was a good set-up for what they could have done, but the second one felt rushed.
>Cap recaps last issue
>Cap fights and saves Hulk
>Cap saves The Thing
>Cap Saves America
He kind of just does stuff without letting anything sink in. I'd like to think that next issue will be better about the pacing, since I assume it will be double-sized, but I doubt that. I still like the art and ideas at least. The main thing I'm worried about is how the ending is no doubt gonna have an assinine retcon.

>If you don't enjoy two Thanoses teaming up with Ghost Rider to fight the Annihilation Wave,

That's the problem. I'm not feeling it. Like I know that Silver Surfer becoming worthy to use Mjolnir is a big dramatic moment, but all these scenes feel like they're telling me that these are cool things instead of being cool things. I had the same feeling while reading Fear Itself and Original Sin and some other stuff. I'm not adverse to comics trying to do cool things; I still enjoy Morrison's JLA and Ellis' Authority and even Millar's first arc on Authority to some extent.

are we reading the same comics?

>rushed as hell
>bland and predictable
>"It's good"
Fuck off

Attached: 1520885422462.png (376x724, 257K)

>Marvel was the best in 1993
>1993

Attached: 04.jpg (183x161, 10K)

>Aaron's Thor has been shit the entire time
pic related was okay, but he is definitely irredeemable now and needs to be removed.

Attached: comic-pow-thor-got-9-cover.png (614x547, 895K)

well what do you like faggot

Aaron's just been there too long. He's done over 5 years of Thor. I liked Aaron's Doc Strange, but his Thor stuff has been stale for a while and I feel like he's been trying to drag out the current stories so he wouldn't have to figure out what to do after Jane Thor was dead.

Different user, but I am just going to say that “not that bad” is not an acceptable bench mark of quality. And “not that bad” is the best Marvel can do these days. Some with DC, IMO.

well thats a great non-answer, but what do you like faggot

Kirby

>1993 was 25 years ago

Attached: 1502530218613.png (657x527, 31K)

so you haven't liked a single comic since what, the 80s?

No, I haven't liked a single Marvel comic since they fired Shooter.

yes, but you have a awful taste

Come on dude. Captain America is beyond awful. How can you like this?

Attached: RCO002.jpg (1041x1600, 537K)

Maybe people wanted to fail because it is waid. That is why they come up with things to complain about it.

>I doubt any of them would know which end of a gun to hold.

Attached: shadow-the-hedgehog--walking.png (722x1285, 567K)

I can't generally take your criticism seriously.

What is that line even implying?

>'All we really have to do is get past security.'
>'The citizens themselves are no threat.'
>all of the other text boxes basically describing how the citizens are a bunch of effete pussies that don't know how to fight, much less use a gun effectively

That was from a quick scan, you illiterate mongoloid.

Off the topic a bit, I don't even remember this issue being storytimed, I can't even find this in the archive.

no one's really cared that much about Waid since Champions was awful

or Cap since Secret Empire

>we just gotta beat their private army to defeat them, stupid wealthy people!

Why are defending evil rich people from an evil future?

Funny, Nobody storytime renews your vows too.

>Why are defending evil rich people from an evil future?
what

also, why is the bad guy a midget with a giant penis head

>"Why are you defending evil rich people from an evil future"

Attached: Recycle picture.png (500x413, 142K)

No love for the current Daredevil run? It's been one of my favorite books on the shelf since issue #1.

Attached: 580037._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 506K)

No. Because the art and story went to shit fast.

I'm not defending them. I am saying they were written poorly.

Attached: ca699demands.jpg (952x317, 93K)

They are simple villains, waid run on Captain America was supposed to be "back to the basics" type of story.

>hes writing bad on purpose!

How is it bad? The worst you can say about the run so far is that it's "safe", but that's because things are kept simple as they implied it would be from the start.

Punisher: Platoon was fantastic, only other thing ive reading from them right now is Dr.Strange, which has been pretty fun. Waiting for Exiles next month.

Nothing, OP is either lying or delusional. Marvel isn't 100% garbage like a lot of the outragefags would have you believe and they do have some decent to good books, but they're still not on DC's level post-Rebirth.