What Sup Forums thinks about Claremont's F4?

What Sup Forums thinks about Claremont's F4?

Attached: claremont.jpg (325x500, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/ff_end.html#clones
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was the run that made canon the fact that what Sue's wants the most is to leave her family behind to become Namor's consort.

It's not bad

Better than Xtreme X-Men IMO

alan davis' last good work. he started to draw really ugly face templates after this, as well as goofy, corny, panel layouts. he was a genius during his excalibur runs. best comicbooky-type artist during his first run on excailbur. ivan reis and bryan hitch have been ripping off alan's early excalibur style for years now, with no thanks for alan.

What do you think of this theory?

>FF333... THE ONCE AND FUTURE TEAM
>From now on we follow a clone team that merely repeats old stories in an exaggerated way. The real America, like King Arthur, is asleep until the time they are needed again.

zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/ff_end.html#clones

Good

Claremont had a cuckold fetish, yea?

>Doom in FF uniform

I want to ask why, but I get the feeling I won't like the answer.

Reed's mind is in the Doom's body

It's not very good, just like almost everything after he stopped writing X-Men.

Davis only drew the first 3 issues, which were written by Scott Lobdell. Those were good comics. Lobdell was fired for some reason, and Claremont managed to be so much worse than him, confusing his fans.

Is DeFalco's F4 worth reading?

No. Neither is Claremont's. Now don't get me wrong they both had good stuff in it but they aren't worth it.

Claremont's was the one that introduced Val Richards.

Defalco introduced Lyja and hyperstorm, which some people have hated.

If I were you I would go from Englehart and straight to Waid's run back when he was good. It was a retread but HUGELY celebrated by fans at the time.

Then go read JMS run that continues to Civil War, then the great late Mcduffie's run that had Black Panther and Storm as temporary members. Which leads to Mark Millar's run.

His run is a bit of a mix bag BUT I personally think it was solid overall. You should just skip the dumb marquis of Death arc which was dumb as hell. From there you will have Hickman's celebrated run.

After that you have Fraction's run. Again this is divisive but he had a concurrent companion book just titled FF, which was REALLY REALLY good as a default Fantastic Four book.

After Fraction James Robinson takes over. That run was average at best but as the last FF run we will have for a long long time. I'd say it's worth a read.

Can't he take of the suit, at least?

His fetishes are my fetishes so I like it

Waid’s is not a good run.

Like I said it was a retread but hugely celebrated at the time. Like fans were livid when Quesada tried to remove Waid from the book.
He also wrote one of the best 50th marriage anniversay one shot.

Lobdell's Fantastic Four was just too fun, Marvel couldn't let that happen so they fired him

>alan davis' last good work
I dunno, I thought his recent stuff with Starlin was fine.

McDuffie's run was way too short, but it was very good, despite the infamous Black Panther vs Silvet Surfer scene.

yes it was, leave the / co / circlejerk because it's currently shit

Byrne's run a best. Did the others even try?

Attached: RCO021_1469121906.jpg (988x1500, 1.03M)