What was ricky's problem?

What was ricky's problem?

Attached: ricky bullying.jpg (800x450, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bA7mI7l2sV4
youtu.be/YmwgNyPJoSw
youtu.be/Qrg89rvtZ1k
youtube.com/watch?v=dbMtuJ1tZnc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he didn't let him finish

He's a bully

He was mad people liked Karl more.

Part victim complex
>I grew up in a really poor and rough area
>People were so tough they would spit in the urinals at the pub
Karl grew up in a much poorer area without issue

Part superiority complex
>I went to university, I'm an atheist, I'm not an idiot like you people
>Yeah, well. I've only got a golden globe. Oh, what have you done with your life. Nothing.
Karl's future predictions were a lot closer to reality and he is more liked

>morons still not realizing the karl/ricky bantz were intentionally mean

because theyr british and thats how they do comedy i guess

fpbp

What predictions did Karl make?

>People were so tough they would spit in the urinals at the pub
This is tough for a Britbong

Google glass and a few concepts for episodes of Black Mirror.

Let him finish what? Yammering on about how we should just let people die? How we should just get rid of any animal you don't see an immediate use for? Oh, and here's a personal favorite, how about if we didn't have planes we'd all be fluttering about with our wings like a cartoon angel.

How about before you whine that people don't let someone finish you actually pay attention to the rubbish being said.

That people would have see through skin and age backwards.

Attached: idiot.gif (500x282, 319K)

Hey Ricky.

Is spitting in a urinal weird? I do that whenever I'm pissing and need to clear my throat.

It's rude

I make sure to piss straight on the floor in Gender Neutral bathrooms.

Why? It's a toilet and gets flushed down. Removing liquid waste is what urinals do, basically.

>Karl's future predictions were a lot closer to reality and he is more liked
That's because Karl, being less intelligent, has to address the surface of the problem of the future.

While people who are obsessed with being intelligent try to paint the future the way they want it to come out, an ignore counter indicators.

Essentially, that they're able to do mental gymnastics is why they think they can avoid reality forever. While those who can't are just as capable of being wrong, they're more likely to just go off of what is in front of them instead of trying to build false extrapolations.

>Why? It's a toilet and gets flushed down.

Because nobody wants to hear your gross spitting sounds when they got their jink in their hands. Hell people don't even want a "how do you do?" when they're pissing.

They asked him the "If you could have any super power" question and he thought it was an actual offer and didn't want any of the hypothetical question.

Not saying he's not an idiot.

But that does illustrate the point I was making. Hypothetical shit is he realm of the more intelligent. And it is in that realm that they often make mistakes that may allow the less intelligent to out perform them on predictions of reality.

Seems to me that he just reels off any idea that pops in his head with no care for the absurdity of it. It doesnt seem he's any less sure saying something nonsensical that could be shown to be wrong there and then than he does something that is unlikely but somewhat plausible.

Egocentric athiest Britbong liberal who supports the Islamic transformation of Europe

>the Islamic transformation of Europe
Easy on the conspiracy theories pal

Nigga your in a mens room not the varican, youre gonna hear spitting, farting, cursing, and shitting. Hell, spittingis prefferable in my book compared to other bodily secretions ive dealt with in a mens room. T. Janitor

He's the least popular person on his own show.

He's more popular than the lanky virgin tho.

Right, that's why he has several books, a stand up carer and a hit sitcom. You're an idiot.

t. Ricky Gervais

but are any of them good? Ricky is a fine comedy actor, but he's a mediocre writer and a bad person. His ego drives his creative process, so its no wonder he has a lot of things when he's ridden off of the success of earlier stuff, even if the current stuff isn't as good

Hes a psycho

He's a liberal.

Cry more.

started watching some of this. Karl is really a funny guy. I wonder how many of the things he says are on purpose or if he just talks and it all comes out

MAH NEIGHBAH

To who?

He was a man out of time

Attached: ricky rickstone.gif (500x303, 675K)

According to interviews from people who have worked with him, everything he does is 100% genuine.

If you like The Ricky Gervais Show, look up An Idiot Abroad. A show where Stephen and Ricky send him to visit foreign countries and he spends his time perpetually confused.
>Great wall of China?
>S'not that great
>Just a bunch of rocks in'it

>[Ricky Gervais laughing in the distance]

>conspiracy theories
If thats what you honestly believe, your not paying attention

Attached: DXSsv6UUMAU9nQ0.jpg (320x180, 8K)

>be self absorbed asshole
>comedian
>pseudo intellectual
He's trying hard to be smart but is very dumb in some regards.

Should've been called The Karl Pilkington Show desu

t. ricky

>she was into wearing kaftans

Attached: 9623751910_47cd937a87_b.jpg (800x531, 260K)

You're an idiot. Play a record.

I imagine that, while a lot of what he says is what he genuinely thinks, he's probably been playing up the "lovable idiot" routine a lot, even if Ricky and Stephen didn't know about it
the guy's been a radio personality for over 15 or 16 years, and he was a producer for a long while before that, even if it was completely genuine at first, you can't be that awkward and non-knowledgeable for very long without playing it up a bit

He's in love with Karl and doesn't know how to express it properly.

Karl loves big fat mexican women confirmed.

>According to PR teams, it is entirely true.

Just like everything ricky tries to push forward makes him intelligent, despite him having a fucking tiny IQ and most other British comedians make him look a fool.

Dara O'brian can fucking school Ricky and that makes him fucking seething.

So is Ricky's standup really that good? The only good thing he ever wrote for was The Office, with every other show being crap.

Like say what you want about Karl but he has two good shows under his belt, and is currently working on another one. That's one more quality work than Ricky.

Imagine if Lee Evans was a douchebag.

That's pretty much his standup.

>So is Ricky's standup really that good?
no. god no. good writer, piss poor stand up.

like most british stand ups, he's just ok. That's why most of them hate when Americans tour over there, they just do it better

... You w0t mate?

American Standup has been utter shit since the fucking 80ies.

Nigga that's the fucking reverse.

British Standup is straight up better than American Standup.

Stephen Merchant said once in a podcast that back in the day Karl was 100% genuine, he REALLY is that much of a simpleton, but nowadays he plays it up because he knows it's what people want out of him. But in the recordings used in the Ricky and Gervais show? That's the genuine Karl.

He was also 100% lying considering the Ricky Gervais show was edited to all hell and back because Ricky is a fucking shit Live speaker.

They'd go through thousands of conversations just to ensure Ricky didn't sound as thick as Karl.

If what you say is true then Ricky is increasingly fucking pathetic, because I distinctly recall episodes where Ricky sounds like hes getting lowkey actualy upset when Karl talks back or when Steve isn't 100% on his side.

>So is Ricky's standup really that good?
no
>The only good thing he ever wrote for was The Office
and Extras

Massive inferiority complex

That's Ricky in a nutshell. Ricky gets really fucking angry when actually challenged.

Ricky is nothing without Stephen merchant.

>Karl: 'ave you seen Men in Black II?
>Stephen: No I 'aven't.
>Karl: There's this thing in it.

This. Finally.

For all his efforts and pretention in life a thick bald mac content with his life is just as about as smart as he is.

The fuck you talking about? One of the funniest guys I've heard (Jimmy Carr) is from Bongland

You guys are actually brainlet faggots.
He didn't have a problem at all, he was just playing his part as the contrarian.

The more he irks on karl and asks him more inane and specific questions, the more it pushes karl to come out with more interesting and funny things to catch up.

Seriously, if you rewatch/listen, you'll find that many of karl's funniest moments come around as a product of ricky's egging on and questions about what the fuck he's talking about.

I herd a quote about brit writers that I think applies to all entertainers" The brits aren't the best writers but they are the best dry writers."

>Jimmy Carr

>called the Ricky Gervias show

But why? Surely it was obvious to him and Stephen people would watch it for Karl. the whole show is centered around him.

Attached: Ego.jpg (442x511, 80K)

What have you only been listening to carlin, pryor, and bill cosby since then?

American standup is just superior. What uk counter parts can hold a candle to Dave Chappele, Bill Burr, Colin Quinn or Patrice O'neal? The bongs might create better comedic tv shows (cringe/deadpan variety) but that's different.

Attached: karlco.png (950x1082, 222K)

Because they wanted people who had no idea who Karl was to listen to it.
Ricky even admits it's really the Karl Pilkington show but having the creator of the Office's name on it gets better ratings.

youtu.be/bA7mI7l2sV4
He was 100% right on this one. You have to attack problems at their root, & hit them hard in order to solve them. Ricky just wants to put bandaids on things & hope they fix themselves.

Attached: daca nope.png (640x400, 173K)

Fuck Stephen got salty as hell over that one.

youtu.be/YmwgNyPJoSw
>Stupid bald mank head tosser!!

Attached: it begins.jpg (660x660, 94K)

>Na it was weirder than that

I can't breathe

Attached: 1518919144216.jpg (251x251, 14K)

>
>That's Ricky in a nutshell. Ricky gets really fucking angry when actually challenged.

The best example of this is probably the Gary Shandling interview he did youtu.be/Qrg89rvtZ1k

youtube.com/watch?v=dbMtuJ1tZnc damn he did predict episodes of black mirror

the whole point of the show is hearing him speak

>this whole interview

Attached: index.jpg (225x224, 7K)

Has he even been on any good projects since the office? I've only seen him in movie 43 and his voice in portal

>his voice in portal
wut?

frankie boyle

Wheatly in Portal 2

what the fuck

Attached: S H H E E T.jpg (400x325, 106K)

>stephen merchant plays a little, round headed buffoon

Yes
He voiced a character in Gnomeo & Juliet

> POTTERY
I can only think, what is Karl was the voice of Wheatley now

>childhood is adoring Merchant for his meme character in Portal 2
>adulthood is realizing that Karl would've been a much better choice for it

>HE'S NOT EVEN HERE AND HE'S DONE YA
This is tied with the one where Karl called Steve a disabled freak in terms of how salty one man can get.

I thought this video was Ricky Gervais meets Garry Shandling, not Ricky Gervais roast.

>"I just dont get It you know, those portal things, me boss said they are holes in time and space, but how do you keep time and space from getting back in, what if It fills up as I cross it and I get stuck, I cant be doing with that"

>source: my ass

American comedians are like that too. A lot of them are fucking brutal to eachother. Watch some old episodes of Tough Crowd or listen to Opie and Anthony when they had comedians on.

On a side note, Jay Mohr bashing the shit out of Ricky Gervais for being a snob was fucking hilarious

Holy fuck, this is genius.

Someone send this to Karl. And ask him if he likes anime.

PLAY A RECORD

Attached: rickygervais-darkstalkers2.png (1371x478, 28K)

True shit. Karl might have been an everyman, but most people are dumb as dirt.

Makes for a good target to shit on in conversation and watching him suffer in the travel shows was nice.

He was in Logan

Attached: 120424.jpg (620x413, 43K)