Gunnerkrigg Court

>
gunnerkrigg.com/

Attached: 00001960.jpg (600x849, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUY5oeZRe2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wonder just HOW motivated Ysenyote is at this point. He's got all this power now, does he dare move directly on the Court, right now?

More than that

Does the Court have anything to bring to bear if he does

Welp, that kills the "he is just stopping them so he can catch up" idea.

Aw. Now we'll never know the story behind those Tic Tocs.

TIME TRAVEL!

Attached: Time Travel guessanon.jpg (1198x176, 58K)

BIG
KNOTTY
CLAW

So do you think Annie is aware that she's a filthy traitor to her kind, or will she only realize it after she watches her fellow classmates and faculty get torn to shreds and otherwise murdered?

This clearly isn't Ysengrin, mate. This is Coyote acting through Ysengrin's body.

THAT SOME KIND OF FACE, CARVER?

Why screencap that? That has been the popular theory about them for ages now.

Because user asked of course, so i figured why the hell not seeing how it is a popular theory.

Attached: 1383129965219.png (529x983, 214K)

So what happens from here? Are they going to manage to fix the fallout from this in 3 years or is it going to build an even bigger rift between the forest and the court, and eventually Annie and Kat?

I mean if Tom actually allows something to finally happen this comic has always been heading towards Annie and Kat on different sides.

Is this comic even worth reading anymore?

If you like it then obviously yes, not like people are forcing you to read it if you think it is shit, dumbass.

That's not a very nice way to speak to people.

>And then Annie woke up and it was all a dream.

>Next chapter: 40 pages of some shit with a bunch of side characters that we don't care about.

Without looking it up, what was the plot of the last 3 chapters?

If you're about to drop it I'd honestly say to wait until the end of this arc. If we go back to the status quo after this and Tom throws another anitclimax at us it's totally understandable to drop this and come back in a couple months.

Just saying that if you wanted to jump ship you don't need to ask for permission, bromo.

You don't need to suffer through something you think is bad because others like it.

Since fucking when? They both represent the dichotomy of the court and the forest but the story has never once hinted they would be on different sides of some large battle

They'll never be fully on different sides I don't think. More like they'll just keep drifting apart until both find the other unrecognizable.

I don't think they're going to end up fighting. Different sides doesn't mean they're going to have a fight scene. This isn't the kind of comic for that anyway.

Ay fock!

That's not an invasion/infiltration, that's an act of isolationism.
This isn't as Ysengrin said, "showing them how weak they are"
Seems to me it's still Coyote who's in charge of things, not Ysengrin

"Homer, what are you doing?
What's the point in writing down the story of Troy? Everyone already knows that story!"

Alternatively, Ysengrin is holding off his KILL EM ALL until Annie leaves, but is making a statement to the court, Forest Style.

Attached: 00000387.jpg (600x849, 181K)

I'm embarrassed to have a post in this same thread as this post

that's why user called him 'Ysenyote'

I think he is more of a Coygrin, since he made a COY GRIN, GEDDIT?

Attached: 00001958.jpg (600x849, 155K)

Yeah. No matter what, you gotta work grin in there somewhere. It's too perfect, it'd be a crime not to.

Yotesengrin is my preference

Eventually, when this is all over and the bridge will be rebuilt, it will be partially made of wood. You heard it here first.

I want to KISS Annie

Welp, I really thought he wouldn't destroy the bridge.

Are you kidding? She gets off to the thought.

Welp they're both out of a job as mediums.

I want to bring Annie to our reality and then kiss her while Tom watches, crying.

Please user, the zipper on my pants just broke.

I agree with this one.
A retarded Sonic OC design deserves a retarded name.

The last page of the chapter better be them going going "We are so fired".

Attached: 00001263.jpg (600x849, 176K)

oh shit, he's gonna close the ravine

Eh, Tea's probably his waifu anyway.
Or she would be if he has any taste.

How do those lamps get electricity, anyway?

Have you ever seen a streetlamp?

Option A: Battery, Solar panels insider the lamp charge em during the day since the top is presumably glass and the bottom seems to leave room for it.

Option B: ETHER DID IT.

I think he means since we don't see any wiring and the bridge seems to be solid rock.

Yes, user. They do get their electricity from wires, user. These lamps are not connected to anything, user.

>They do get their electricity from wires
They that to Tesla.

>"Now I'm MOTIVATED!"

Why don't the Court just build a god-killing super robot like in the Japanese animes?

Now that fusing with coyote has released his inhibitions, Ysengrin just wants to tell Annie he's in love with her.

They built a god-killing super ghost but Annie fucked it all up

>The one where Kat was there
>The one where Jeanne was there
>The one where Surma was there

Probably got that wrong.

The court is right though.

Saving jeanie, other robot x black chick, annie's dad is a dick.

Ghosts are gay.

Where's my bloody Super Robot?

youtube.com/watch?v=JUY5oeZRe2w

Attached: retromazinkaiser.png (500x375, 237K)

>The court uses Annie as the new Jeanne to punish her and fix her mess
>They force Kat to do it
>"She died and we did nothing"

They did. They called him Katerina Maria Donlan.

Katerina Maria Cadena-Blanco

Who will be the first Gunnerkrigg to get preggers?

Kat and/or Paz.

I'd think Parley.
But a science baby would be cool.

If Coyote wanted to attack the Court, he could have done it at any time. And if he needed Ysngrin's power to do it, he could have just taken Ysngrin's power at any time.

While there is no doubt that Ysenyote is heavily influenced by Coyote, I think the primary motivations are still Ysengrin's.

Did Coyote infect more than just wolfdad? Why do Annie and Smitty look so overly cartoony, too?

WHAT IS HAPPENING

I FORGOT TO CHECK THIS FOR LIKE A WEEK AND NOW WHAT THE FUCK

Tom tends to exaggerate facial expressions for effect or if characters are far away. Seems it's both here.

This is Sup Forums. Hence any and all exaggeration or stylising is 'laziness' when it's done by webcomic artists.

It reminds me of "forced animation" on Sup Forums.

hey

where the fuck is parley

Busy fucking Eglamore.

Hey now! It's not fucking. They're just synchronising their JO crystals.

Very important Protector stuff.

Don't you dare Tom.

Attached: rwby_x_oc_oh_nooooooo___by_zerosenpie-dac5vku.jpg (1024x723, 130K)

Mhm. And why do they have to get naked for that, Smitty?

woah... this kind of a big deal. Although didn't Coyote literally knock down a court building off screen?

I guess now we'll see what the Court has for defenses.

>I guess now we'll see what the Court has for defenses.
Science homework graded by Tony.

The artwork for this chapter has been all over the place.

The artwork has been fine in my opinion. The only thing that looked wrong was Annie. I don't know what it is but she's looking wierd as hell lately.

1. The gang's all got their various tokens from previous Coyote they could probably use, and
2. The Court itself has been working on some sort of devilish God's-domain etheric science super-project for ages now, probably for an eventuality exactly like this one.
3 (?) Is Ysengrim going to kill all humans, including ones that were originally forest-born for being traitors?

>What's the point in writing down the story of Troy? Everyone already knows that story!"
Evidently that was the actual reason for why there are no written versions of myths about Quetzalcoatl.

That's because one of these cultures was ancient Greece, the most advanced society of its time, the other were jungle people who sacrificed each other all day.

The Aztecs did have a writing system though

And I'm not sure how impressive "most advanced of its time" is anyway when it was a completely different time and they were long gone by the time of the Aztecs

I'm pretty sure the Aztecs were WELL behind Greece in terms of progress when they came along.

I actually love when that happens. It's my preferred way to consume my GC doses.

Attached: gotcha.jpg (256x242, 24K)

You'd be surprised. Other than not having bronze, the Aztec Empire was just as advanced as Ancient Greece.

Shit is getting Akira as hell.

I like the way the treatises show this.

Attached: Treatises_1_to_7.jpg (2984x1698, 1.82M)

Yeah, especially all those temples they built for human sacrifice.
Architectural marvels!

Kat is dressed as Jesus?

Dude, the Greeks sacrificed people all the fucking time. The Oddyssey tells how the Achean king sacrificed his own daughter.

i want most of these as posters

Well Kat is basically robo-jesus so..

But if there is a war between the Court and Forrest, then sides might have to be chosen.

Attached: Annie x Kat06.jpg (800x900, 653K)

That's a Roman toga used to depict a philosopher.
An interpretation mapping that last treatise (7) onto the kabbalistic Tree of Life in pic related and here: gunnerkrigg.wikia.com/wiki/Bonus_Pages#Seventh_Treatise and gunnerkrigg.proboards.com/thread/3511/1741-greek-life?page=1#scrollTo=133466

Attached: 00001741_ein_sof_interpretation1.jpg (1200x1698, 1.26M)

god what the fuck

You know a series has completely gone up its own ass when the kabbala interpretations show up.

why don't they ever put zimmy on these

Kat is dressed as Virgil and Annie is Dante.

Another interpretation is Annie is Plato(appeal to ideals, authority of her father) Kat is Aristotle (physical world).

Attached: Plato_and_Aristotle_in_The_School_of_Athens,_by_italian_Rafael.jpg (387x494, 37K)

Where are their long coats and swords?

As long as she's not the new shitty Dante that's perfectly fine with me.
Apparently there is a character called Kat in DMC. :(