Concept Art for Nine New Iron Man Armors REVEALED

>When Dan Slott and Valerio Schiti launch Tony Stark: Iron Man in June, Marvel Comics’s latest solo comic to star the founding Avenger will feature the obligatory new armor for its titular hero — and then some.

>According to Schiti, the new series will actually feature hundreds of new armors. “To do new designs is one of my favorite things in comics,” the artist said when discussing the return of Tony to the Iron Man identity. “Here I have the chance to play with such an iconic character, to try different styles, to use classic suits, and to create new and extraordinary armors.”

>CBR has an interview coming soon in which Slott digs into some detail about the plans for the series, and ahead of publication, we have the exclusive first look at nine of the hundreds of different armors Schiti has been cooking up.
P.S. I'll be asleep several minutes after this post; if that CBR interview is up, post the link.
t. It's night on the other side

Attached: IM-Suit-Test01.jpg (1273x900, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/life/2015/06/06/brian-michael-bendis-invincible-iron-man-exclusive/28590905/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>“The designs and character work he’s doing is really beautiful—this is stunning work,” Slott told CBR of the work his artistic collaborator is pouring into the project. ” The way he draws the characters and the tech—I can’t imagine anyone else doing this. He’s really bringing his A-Game. I can’t wait for people to see this all in action!”

>“One of the things we’re doing in the book is that for the most part there is no one set Iron Man armor. If you’re Tony Stark you can build whatever you want,” Slott added, explaining the reason he and Schiti are blowing out Tony’s hi-tech options. “So why not have a different suit for the different problems you’re facing? Are we going to have a base suit? Yes, because he has to appear over in Avengers and have a consistent look. But when you’re in Tony Stark: Iron Man, though, Valerio is going to have complete freedom to go crazy with all kinds of new armors! We’re taking this toy chest — and we’ve decided it’s not big enough! We’re building extensions!”

Attached: IM-Suit-Test02.jpg (1273x900, 112K)

>Tony Stark: Iron Man is expected to arrive in June [20,] 2018 from the creative team of Dan Slott and Valerio Schiti, with covers by Alexander Lozano.

Attached: IM-Suit-Test03.jpg (1273x900, 117K)

These designs certainly look Schiti to me.

There are so many Transformers to choose from, and Tony decides to cosplay as Bumblebee?

Hey it's iron transformer.

They're all crap. At least the last one looked simple

Attached: Iron Man1.jpg (1596x2373, 260K)

Attached: 1357778761262.jpg (317x265, 51K)

left is the only decent one

Attached: 1141292-ironpatriot888.jpg (820x529, 111K)

>Slott's Spider-Man run is full of new Spidey suits and concepts built for action figures
>Slott's Iron Man run is basically a Gunpla/action figure advertisement
He's a fucking child.

I like all of these, these transformers one looks dumb though

I can't say I love them, but I like the concept of just creating armors for shits and giggles. The main suit will be the Extremis-like on that's seen in all the Promos, so all the others ranging in quality doesn't bother me. I'm really starting to believe the Shogun is making Iron Man go all Anime now.

Test 1 Go with #2
Test 2 and 3 Go with #1s

At least in those he still looks like a human and a man. All those versions remind me of the new Blue Beetle's armor and also a pain to draw over and over.

Remember when this armor had to ability to shape shift between all previous armors? And then it never happened?

>The twosome thought about what different armored suits have come before so they designed one that could change into any past iteration — be it space armor or the Hulkbuster model — depending on what's needed at the moment.

>"It's like a brand-new kind of technology but it still brings out the classic Iron Man. You just get all the Iron Mans at once, plus some new ones," says Bendis

usatoday.com/story/life/2015/06/06/brian-michael-bendis-invincible-iron-man-exclusive/28590905/

Attached: 8FEA727D-C457-46BD-9D14-B946B66C96A7.png (340x523, 344K)

Movie armor is still the best armor.

Which one?

Fucking hell

Attached: reactimg3.png (544x386, 167K)

First and second for me personally, but I like the overall design and helmet the most.

When an user explained to me that's how he got in good to run Spider-Man I was equally enlightened and disappointed.
Makes sense though, if your comic isn't making sales then you want someone who can at least turn it into a stealth commercial for toy sales, if either or both see an increase then the people up top have will see no reason to take you off until things fall back down.

Maybe he was too busy to do that concept. Riri William and iron doom was more important

I do love ol' MARK XLII.
Even if it's the moon moon of the armors.

I didnt get the point of any stand alone armour after Bleeding Edge, which could form however it was needed.

Any comment on how all this is an upgrade?

The one that has Riri is the best on Tony.

Nope, it's the Modular.

Attached: 3074830-image_09c3d41a6.jpg (300x442, 21K)

such awful taste

A jet form and a strength form, eh?

Attached: 0A85255F-D5C1-48FB-A97E-197C954A2217.jpg (290x430, 105K)

Why is he Deoxys now?

>Deoxys
Shit, that brings back memories.
>toystore chain is giving Deoxys away
>plan the trip with the boys and gals days in advance
>convince the parents to take us
>driving under the midsummer sun for 7 hours to go to the capital
>have to wait in line for hours
>finally get it
>spend the rest of the afternoon shopping in the big malls
>get back home next morning after driving all night
>this was more than a decade ago
>haven't seen those people in half a decade
>WHO CAN SAY WHERE THE ROAD GOES
>WHERE THE DAY FLOWS
>ONLY TIME

Attached: tumblr_m6dgc10TlA1r0t68go4_250.gif (245x170, 517K)

I don't get the deoxy comparison.

A lot of these are really bad.
A few just look like Transformers ripoffs.

Why is one of them literally Bumblebee? Its some sort of Joke image this one right?

Right armor reminds me of this

Attached: mmpowersuit.jpg (767x682, 155K)

Jesus Slott really is a hack.

Why do any of you actually buy comicbooks from the big 2?

>On the right
Why is tony Xbox

Too bad it never lived up to its potential.

I still have a soft spot for ol' SKIN.

Attached: SKIN-armor.jpg (568x868, 100K)

These are all bad. The suffering never seems to end.

>Transformers Prime’s Soundwave, Iron Man that vaguely resembles D.Va’s mech (the flaps, maybe?), Power Form Mega Man
>Saber Athena, Valvrave III, Xbox/Sam Fisher
>Scarlet Centurion, Bumblebee, declawed Z’gok
Jimbles the jombles.

>LIKE IM WEARING NOTHING AT ALL

Oh shit, dat Silver Centurion color scheme is lit. The rest are kinda lame and over-designed, but I'm all for that Silver Centurion-like armor.

>Oh shit, dat Silver Centurion color scheme is lit
>lit

Would you prefer "mondo cool"?

Weebs in comics was a mistake

One on the left here looks like Jehuty

>we want the manga audience

the one on the left is decent

I'll take "ANIMU!" Iron Man over "AYO HOL'UP" Iron Man.

And like always, Quasi Silver Centurion looks the best.

>That’s right boys, MONDO cool

What did you expect from Akira "The Grand Shogun" Yoshida calling the shots? The age of SJW Marvel is over. Welcome to the age of Weeb Marvel.

Am I the minority that liked this costume? Wasn't really big on the "all the armors in one" concept, but I did like how simplistic and sleek it was.

Attached: Iron_Man_Turnaround_by_David_Marquez-1433968790.jpg (1500x1565, 268K)

It was cool, I appreciated the departure from the MCU/Extremis faceplate at long last

>the middle one
We Medabots now!

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 164K)

It looks like someone took the silhouette of a man and drew "armor lines" inside it. It's actually pretty bad, and tony would have to be a skellington to fit inside the proportions of it.

I don't see it

Attached: Iron Man.jpg (1596x2258, 161K)

The yellow really accentuates his package

it's too spandex suit for my tastes, i prefer him to look like a guy in power armor

Attached: granov.jpg (1000x750, 146K)

I believe that's an intentional design element. Stark overcompensates

>Kiss my ass, Rand! I'm the Iron fister now!

It's like every power armor design in fiction since the first movie ripped off that suit and now Iron Man is ripping off his ripoffs. It's actually kind of appropriate.

I like the first one, the others not so much.
The silver centurion one is good.

It isn't. Writers realized that Tony is nothing without the armor and with Bleeding Edge he had nowhere to grow or develop since it could do pretty much anything. That's why he purged it.

>it's dick user
>again
Don't you go on vacations or anything? I mean, if it's good enough for the Widow, at the very least good enough to overshadow Hawkeye's avian bottle, what does it matter?

Attached: RCO020_1465806366.jpg (1280x1967, 972K)

I liked it. Kinda bummed Riri took it, but I've always loved it's brand of suit design.

Attached: iron_man_armor_model_37___bleeding_edge_armor_by_tigr3ss-d57dil6.jpg (1280x1080, 330K)

>there are "people" who are actually nostalgic for the Extremis/MCU armor
>the most unimaginative and least advanced armor Iron man has ever used

>Dick user
What? Did I miss something? I was just making a joke

yo that middle one is cool Multi arms are cool

Attached: 4 arm venom.jpg (1024x980, 647K)

Well, there is one autist who goes to every Iron Man related thread and makes Dicklet Stark comments. On repeat. He essentially hijacks the threads. Story behind it is, there was an user who posted pic related on a headcanon thread. It spiralled from there, and now anons exaggerate "Tiny 3" Stank" and such. That user's HC was sound (Stark has skills over extreme size, Doom is an autist about his perfectly fine cock), which is why I guess it caught on, but that one autist just keeps derailing everything. He might be one crazy user who went on a rant about how he wants to kill himself over having an average cock, which hinders his imaginary relationships with women...

Attached: 1517184233475.png (1701x449, 56K)

Well I didn't mean to derail the thread

Nah, it's cool. I just thought you were that guy. He's not even a good b8er.

>Iron Jetstorm
>Iron Evangelion
>Iron Megadeus
>Iron Sports
>Ghost in the Iron Man
>Tom Clancy's Iron Cell
>Only decent Iron Man
>Iron Bumblebee
>Iron Freeze
Why do so many of these suits look like they were ripped off from other franchises?

Slott doesn't write for DC.

that first one looks like TFP Soundwave

Attached: PrimeSoundwave.jpg (267x399, 26K)

>Dick user
>Bater
Hah

>let's just steal from anime, we are Disney who cares lol they will like us more anyway

those arms are kinda cute

That's not a bad guess but I think it's more about bargaining power. Like if you contribute that many variations on a popular character then that means toy companies and video games can use it. And if they use it then you could make an argument to your bosses that you contributed a lot and get better bargaining power.

>no Iron Rick
YOU PROMISED US RICK&MORTY SLOTT
YOU PROMISED

>yfw Tony also undergoes a sex change so TF fans buy the book fuck Riri

CARLOOOOOOS

He should. He'd lose all the fat and replace it by muscle, and he'd have editors.

Man Tiny Stank is really trying to compensate.

...i like them, specially the second from the second image. it reminds me of a mecha. The only trouble i have is with the last two of . I hope that the artist was stretching their imagination muscles because they are weird.

I

This power rangers reboot looks cool

some of these are horrendous, some of these would be really cool if they werent all disgustingly overdesigned.

youre cherrypicking
just look at this illustration

I liked it and I am outright anal when it comes to the armor.

>It's actually pretty bad

You mean: "I don't like it".
It's more advanced, therefore more sleek.

It IS power armor.

>valerio schiti
>name is literally shitty

Hm.

I like the designs though.

It looked fucking terrible user.

Its fucking awful.

it seems like the artist was stretching his muscles and was just trowing out designs to see what sticks or from where he can start developing his own ideas.