Voltron: Legendary Defender Thread

What is the current Fandom controversy?

What are your wishes for the next season?:

Attached: voltron-legendary-defender-keith-shiro.png (670x373, 278K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dNboQGH79ME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to see Krolia getting a crush on literally any main character. And bugging Keith about them

I just want Corrupted Shiro to be the end boss of the series.

Made a little something for you, not!/vld/
>youtu.be/dNboQGH79ME

Attached: FD2709FF-B293-4F52-A004-E18590184597.jpg (1024x576, 32K)

I want some character developement and depth for Lance/Shiro/Hunk.
I'd like Shiro finally stop suffering and stay alive at the same time (at least in some universe somewhere), this is ridiculous at this point.
I think Keith and his mom will definitely get enough of screen time next season, so I won't be rambling about them and all their family stuff.

What do people want for the D&D episode next season? Or the Earth arc that's going to happen eventually?

Attached: tumblr_p1vr51lbpv1tnzzp3o1_1280.png (1000x700, 399K)

I know I'm late but.
HOLY SHIT BEST BOY IS BACK.
I want to fuck his ears

Attached: Sendak's_Evil_Grin.png (891x605, 700K)

S5 Sendak > S1 Sendak.

That is a fact. The mullet and chewed ear makes it. And his 2.0 ver of his arm, but the mullet especially.

Attached: S5 Sendak.png (1280x667, 624K)

I want full seasons instead of this half-season shit. I'll wait longer if need be.

I prefer his former clean self.

I find it weird that predictions here are exactly what happens in the show.
It almost feels like one of the writers are on here.

Selective bias user, plenty of popular thread theories get BTFO. Everyone used to be convinced Keith's mom was the former Blue paladin for example.

Well I mean it's pretty easy to distinguish actual theories than fanfic tier stories.

i want lotor and keith to make eye contact and then not interact at all beyond that.

They really are channeling the DotU nostalgia with mullet Sendak there.

To be fair, Blue paladin being Keith’s parent wasn’t far fetched at all at the time.

What was their sex like? Slow and gentle, or hard and rough?

Attached: 1520120808053.png (1280x1896, 1013K)

It's not unlikely that Keith's mom has arrived on Earth while she was looking for Blue lion

When you get a bunch of people together throwing dozens of theories at each other daily, one of them is bound to be right. Voltron isn't that unpredictable a show.

Galra reproductive organs function very differently from humans.

They're in the back

Who else besides me thinks that they're splitting the seasons just to have time to make alternative endings to the that one established at the beginning?

McCree never got the space pussy, he was a beta orbiter left raising her child when she got tired of breast feeding and left.

These gay meta theories are the worst

I want McCuck to be true if only to see the salt.

Technically it was produced in a 26 ep a season format. We're actually down to quarter seasons now.
I wish they would accept what they really want to do is release an episode weekly.

They need some proper threat again.

The balance of power shifted in the wrong direction.

I want more Krolia.

Preferably some mother, son bonding moments.

Keikaku-kun isn’t enough?

Things I want to see:
>Project Kuron Stage 5
>Keith having a talk with his mom and a bonding episode where the former finally gets some much needed character development (also we see Krolia's past, how she appeared on Earth and met McCree), which results in him becoming a Paladin again
>Lance gets proficient with his Altean Broadsword
>Pidge, Hunk and Matt construct something so crazy even Lotor is dumbfounded
>Lotor himself on the other hand goes more into Keikaku territory
>Haggar goes to Altean El-Dorado
>Zarkon comes back as a illusion to mock Lotor
>Droid-bro comes back as a good guy robeast and saves Voltron from whatever trouble the team is having
>Galaxy Garrison is foreshadowed to actually get paranoid and try to do something really stupid

Wild, passionate and fiery. To the point of both ending up exhausted.

Nope. McCree clearly is an amazon chaser. Also betting Krolia's type are scruffy cowboys.

Attached: Keith's dad is an amazon chaser.jpg (554x502, 37K)

They're currently aiding Lotor in getting what he wants, of course it's going to bite them in the ass later.

>This fanbase turned out a lot more batshit insane than we expected, since there's a loud fujo minority actually threatening staff and VAs we better cater to all the gay demands!
No.

Your reply is very constructive.

It's kinda both, it's difficult to predict what will happen on a seasonal basis, especially for the recent seasons, but for many of the overall arcs there are a lot of plausible theories, and some of them usually turns out correct. It's hard to predict which of the theories that will come true though, see Keith's mom being the Blue Paladin.

For what reason? Voltron as a show was clearly planned out from the start to end, it has weird pacing but a lot of innocuous throwaway lines and events from early on are beginning to come up in the overall plot. I'm pretty sure they already know how they want to end this.

Criswell predicts:
>Lotor becomes increasingly envious of Allura becoming an Alchemist; sees it as her stealing the opportunity from him even though they both faced the same test and responded in different ways.

Then why do they skirt around with Keith’s human ethnicity?

I was thinking more about that poll about Lotor friend or foe and not to shipping matters. But all in all his development ican also be ship matter

And still had much more substance than "hey guys, what if baseless thing I just pulled out of my ass is happening behind the scenes"

oh for sure dude I'm sure the unpaid intern who runs all the social media engagement shit for DW is totally hooked into the production process for voltron legendary defender

>What are your wishes for the next season?:
I want Keith to become relevant not because other paladins suddenly became retards and he needs to save them but because he's main character dammit.

Attached: keith.png (1150x650, 327K)

Obviously to please the fans

>people still think the marketing and PR teams have anything to do with the show itself
The producers themselves don't even know the air dates for the seasons and they don't even get to eyeball the supplementary character books and shit Dreamworks is putting out, ffs. People can't seem to grasp how segmented stuff like this is.

That's retarded, this is the worst fanbase ever and the staff has been harassed enough to be aware.

They are already pleasing the fans, VLD is very successful. They are not re-doing actual production shit with a two year turnaround just to cater to a loud minority of spergs on twitter.
Bryke were the exception, not the rule. Stop acting like every creator is Bryke.

Dunno at all.

Krolia will fix him.

It'd make more sense to think that producers don't give a damn what the viewers want.

>this is the worst fanbase ever and the staff has been harassed enough to be aware.
This. The only good reason for making alternative endings is to see the fanbase butthurt and get BTFO once and forever.

I hope Galra puberty is true.

Please let it be Lance
>"You know Keith, your father wasn't much older..."

not like that matters anyway since the writing for the whole show was probably locked in before S1 even aired. they couldn't change anything even if they wanted to (which they don't because they aren't Bryke-tarded).
but even in a hypothetical, extra stupid reality where they did want to change the ending to spite the fans: Lauren and Joaqim don't own the IP. Dreamworks does. so they would have to justify this change to the suits who are holding the purse strings. and I'm sure "because some faggy teenagers were mean on twitter" would make a real compelling argument, right?

>Fun team building episode with Lotor and Krolia present never

Attached: teambuilding.jpg (540x1267, 168K)

Even the worst fanbase ever increases the share. More audience = more sponsor.

is the fanbase for this show really that bad? like worse than ATLA or MLP? i've never really paid attention to it.

It makes sense for the suits to force the writers to keep Shiro around because he's the type of character to be popular, it doesn't make sense for the suits to make the writers appeal to a loud rapid majority of fujos who want their gay ship. Gays in a show for little kids will piss of more people than it will please, and they would rather appeal to little kids than crazy women.

>sponsors
Netflix has already fully funded the show, dummy. Dreamworks has an exclusivity contract with them, all they need to be concerned about is filly niche content gaps for Netflix. They don't have to give a single fuck.

Image the AtLA fanbase with the entitlement that lesbians in Korra gave them and the direct staff interaction that modern social media provides.

I don't know if it's worse, it's certainly louder because social media has gotten louder in general. It's just that the /vld/ threads are full of tumblrfaggot exiles who still can't let go of drama and rumormongering.

This Shiro book looks pretty confusing. I guess top pilots at the garrison just get to wear the grey uniform? Maybe it means they have their full flying license? Also, Pidge apparently met Shiro before?

I'm sure it will all be retconned by flashbacks in the show, anyway.

Attached: shirobook.jpg (480x360, 45K)

did the ATLA crazies threaten a VA's kids? Because Voltron fans are getting pretty fucking delusional

I'm an incurable pessimist

>pessimism
No user, that's called being a hysterical dumbass.

Attached: 1492364785635.png (317x333, 132K)

That would be hilarious. Bonus if Kolivan suddenly appears and witnesses this.

>that Pidge's face
C-cute

Attached: 1490892199359.jpg (900x901, 343K)

>Also, Pidge apparently met Shiro before?
>Shiro met Katie before
>Pidge looks literally like Matt
>Hunk shows pre-Kerberos photo of Katie and Matt together
> Shiro recognizes Pidge only after she said that her brother is Matt.
Well, no wonder that Shiro is like brother to Keith.

Attached: 35bed321b8189e6efa1883c8f41afd57.png (1280x1029, 778K)

It's bad but I think fan culture on a whole has gotten worse. There's an entitlement and pretense of moral superiority that's much stronger than before and social media giving people a way to harass creators directly and anonymously gives rise to true cancer.

Not to repeat myself but I wasn't referring to shipfaggotry

didn't know voltron is on Sup Forums, is this a ship drama free zone?

To Shiro's credit he also had partial amnesia at the time, though.

>the prekerb photo of matt and pidge has shiro and keith lurking in the background
So do they all fuck eachother?

Not to repeat myself but I wasn't referring to shipfaggotry

For Hunk to get more plot and ...you get the idea.

Attached: 092386973272650.jpg (394x689, 34K)

>So do they all fuck eachother?
Well, why not?

Attached: 37a63e42-8fd0-474a-a10c-6e18dab2e114.png (800x1200, 323K)

>alternate endings
>one for sheiths, kallura, allurances, punks, plancers, shances, lotlluras, hunays, shotors, keitors
>nothing for klancers and shitlluras

Would be ideal, thanks.

Attached: sorry your brother is dead lol.png (432x432, 269K)

>For Hunk to get more plot and
When Hunk will finally fuck the beautiful rock girl?

lol no

notice that I didn't specify shipfaggotry, because in this case it's a distinction that doesn't matter. thinking they are going to change the show in any way as a response to loud fans is just pure stupid. the writers are not going to crowdsource their fucking plots from a bunch of teenagers on social media.

He's lucky to have a speaking role at this point.

Attached: 1491566179653.jpg (718x677, 49K)

If it's not shipfaggotry then it makes even less sense, shipping is what all the drama is about, no one is screaming for anything else. Whether Lotor is evil or not is not something they will change in the last couple of episodes, and changing the villains due to fan demand is just dumb.

he had a few good bits in S4 but this might have been the worst batch of episodes for Hunk content yet. I used to be a big Hunkfag but my enthusiasm has withered on the vine

I want Hunk to German Suplex an unlucky Galra soldier.

ahahahahahahaha

So how does Earth greatly increase their military spending without telling people that they need new weapons, because there is an universe spanning empire that loves genocide?
My guess would be a fake "cold war" so they can make it look like an arms race

Most logical conclusion. Though still somewhat curiosity-inspiring.

Keith is a SLUT. His mother should be ashamed of herself.

cold war against who? future earth is under glorious ((one world government)), why else do you think burgers nips and island spics are all going to the same military academy together

Straight up first contact is best option. Sam shows up with Olkari and others. Promises Voltron will be there to check up on them so no one gets any shifty ideas.

>Keith is a SLUT. His mother should be ashamed of herself.
Keith is pure. The Black lion tried to make him pervert but Keith ran away from her to work with the patrician BoM .
So there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Attached: 71da1332-84e8-43b8-86e1-7ab226a749a5.jpg (1261x1237, 444K)

Keith is neither pure nor a slut, he's like an animal in that he has sexual urges and will hold down Shiro and hump him until completion, but he doesn't understand sex or sexuality on any deeper level than that.

Attached: 1509773671378.jpg (227x256, 26K)

I made a tiny Shiro

Attached: 20180312_015647.jpg (3264x1836, 2.38M)

>future earth is under glorious ((one world government))
What kind of bullshit is this?

That's a cute Shiro.

Thank you

Can you do cute versions of other characters?

I can try

That makes him the best kind of slut.

Maybe Shiro was a TA.

Very cute. Can you give him a friend?

Some tiny friends. Lotor's armor is a butt ache. He needs casual clothes.

Attached: 20180312_171315.jpg (3264x1836, 1.84M)

The way it's written and presented, it just looks like Shiro is still a student, but has had some kind of promotion?

I don't want to theoryfag too much, but is it possible he performed some kind of heroic act whilst still a student (thus his medal and why Pidge and Lance see him as a "legend") and got put into some kind of officer training? It's one of the only things i'm super curious about in vld.

A boi