Can we all agree that this is absolutely the worst Marvel movie?

Can we all agree that this is absolutely the worst Marvel movie?

I've never heard of anyone liking it.

Attached: thor2-plakat.jpg (348x522, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tu_iqQ6hzY
youtube.com/watch?v=8K0cZ-5Mqec
youtube.com/watch?v=L4Nqsogn0-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Howard the Duck exists.
it counts.

I liked it

It was okay. I didn't absolutely hate it, but I didn't like it as much as many others.

IM2 was probably slightly worse.

lmao, I love how Heimdall is just tacked on that poster

I liked it.

MCU POWER RANKING

God Tier:
>Winter Soldier
>Ragnarok
>Black Panther

Great Tier:
>Civil War
>Iron Man
>Ant Man
>Guardians 1

Good Tier:
>First Avenger
>Doctor Strange
>Iron Man 3
>Homecoming
>Guardians 2

Bad Tier:
>Thor
>Avengers
>Avengers 2

Really Bad Tier:
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 2
>The Incredible Hulk

Attached: Stop, invincible box office.gif (361x150, 1.86M)

it feels really and dull and lifeless but it's still a more competent movie than Iron Man 2

Avenger 1 should be in good, avenger 2 should be in really bad.

I just couldn't stand Ultron.

I liked it but I probably have a better capacity to ignore the cringy earth humor then most.
None of the Mcu movies have been incompetent.

At least Iron Man 2 had Justin Hammer.

I can't think of a single thing bad about Incredible Hulk.

iron man 2 at least had interesting components
name one thing of worth in thor 2. honestly, I couldn't even name a noteworthy scene

Norton

Avengers 1 has aged pretty poorly, the novelty of having everyone in the same film is lost after the first time it happens which makes the flaws far more apparent
Both Avengers movies are bad movies with a couple of good scenes

Thor 2 has Loki which gave us fun and Kruse which gave us a genuinely menacing pysical threat.

He was fucking fantastic in the role.

I liked it when whats her face snubbed the mom while she was prattling on about how "stupid humans can't understand this or that its beyond you" while she was being scanned.

For some reason in sci-fi I've always thought it was retarded how races with advanced technology look down on more primitive races when humans in almost every single one of these settings are literally on the verge of similar or even more powerful technology.

Iron Man 2 had that great fight scene with the robots and Tony and Rhodey going all out

> Great funeral scene.
> Decent overall score with a fantastic track for said funeral scene.
> Great design for Kurse & he is genuinely imposing. Moment of him beating the shit out of Thor was brutal.
> Better use of Asgard then in the 1st film.
> Loki.
> Portman was a acceptably decent love interest.
> Moment of Thor blasting the shit out of Malekith's face was badass.
> Final fight was good and fairly creative up until the lame moments of Thor throwing those flimsy poles at him.
> Cool flashbacks in the opening with Bor looking perfect.

i liked it

IM2 had a lot of really great scenes
>briefcase suit-up
>senate hearing
>donut shop
>footage of his dad
>most scenes with hammer
it's amazing how much the negative components dragged the film down
>mickey fucking rourke

I like how Loki is in Thor 1/2 so much more than the other MCU films
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tu_iqQ6hzY
youtube.com/watch?v=8K0cZ-5Mqec

I thought the whole idea of the climax fight was pretty neat too. Teleporting around the realms, Mjolnir trying to follow Thor off-world. Probably more individual scenes. I'd still put it at the very bottom of my MCU list though.

I still think Whiplash was good.

Mickey Rourke wasn't the problem, the problem is that they decided to bring their second act to a crashing halt with a bunch of irrelevant SHIELD/Avengers' setup stuff and throw off the pacing of the later half of the film. Seriously, watch IM2 and skip ahead after the scene in the diner, the film is massively improved.

No, because IM3 and Ragnarok are worse. TDW is not anywhere near as bad as most say.

>be in college
>hear Thor: The Dark World is coming out
>"fuck yeah dude christopher eccleston! fuck yeah other realms! this is gonna be even better than avengers 1!"
>show up 45 minutes early to beat the lines
>no one in line
>get stoned as hell in our car until the movie starts
>quickly realize i'm being hatefucked by marvel
>be woken at the end of the film by a concerned attendant
>all four in our party were asleep for the entire last third of the movie
Never bothered with it again.

I most disliked Doctor Strange.

It's definitely my most hated. It's the MCU movie with the most overtly pointless MacGuffin, the worst "jokes", the flattest villain, and the lamest action. For me it's basically all the criticism of the MCU rolled into one movie and at their absolute worst.

I... liked it.

Iron Man 3 will always be the bottom of the heap

I thought the art direction in Dark World was great. However it's still pretty weak. Iron Man 2 is probably worse though

It was awesome, which makes me sad how much it was wasted.

>Guardians 2
>good

Nope

Worst Thor movie? yeah, worst Marvel movie? nah

>ironman 3

ugh, feel like I was watching Transformers 3

This, unlike current Stir Wers, Diddly seems to have at least one person who gives a shit working at Marble

So I didn't see this movie, but what happened to Natalie Portman? Did she die? She's like never mentioned at all in any movie after this.

I like it more than Iron Man 3. It's irrefutably in the bottom three of the MCU though.

Thor went to live with her on earth. But Portman, the actual actress, didn't want to do the role anymore so they wrote her out of the Thor franchise.

Thor laughs awkwardly when someone says Jane "dumped him" in Ragnarok.

Black Panther is only good tier, Ragnarok is great, Thor and Avengers are good.

Winter Soldier is the only God Tier, an argument could be made for Civil War.

All the Thor movies except for the last one were shit. And the last one was only good in compression because it took a complete 180

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Iron Man
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1
Thor: Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
Captain America: The First Avenger
Doctor Strange
Thor

These are the only films in the franchise worth caring about and in roughly that order. I haven't seen Black Panther or Spider-man: Homecoming so I don't know about those two.

If anything deserves god tier in the MCU it's Iron Man

Iron Man 2 was great
>Homecoming in Good tier
>Ant-Man in Great tier
>Thor in bad tier
Oh you're a motherfucker

>Doctor Strange

Utter garbage devoid of meaning unfunny only one good scene that movie is a waste of time

No, because all these years later I still remember a gag about Thor being teleported away from the final battle and having to take the subway back, which was a solid joke even if it was weirdly placed.

Iron Man 2 I remember Tony putting the briefcase on being a cool henshin sequence.

I can't remember liking a single goddamn thing about the Ed Norton Hulk Movie. Literally zero value from it.

I love that Winter Soldier is on top, I feel like ppl forgot how absolutely amazing that film was. I will say you need to switch Ant Man and BP. Black Panther dragged on near the second half after Korea. Other than that I for the most part agree

"I'll sometimes put it because I want to rewatch it" tier:
>Winter Soldier
>Civil War

"If I see my roommate watching it, I'll watch it with them" tier:
>GotG 1 and 2
>Iron Man
>Thor: Ragnarok
> Avengers 1
>First Avenger (especially the first half)
>Maybe Homecoming

"If my friends wanted to get high and watch it with someone who hadn't seen it before I'd hang out with them" tier
>Iron Man 3
>Ant Man
>Doctor Strange
>Thor

"I'd make an excuse to get out of watching it" tier
>Thor 2
>Iron Man 2
>Age of Ultron

"There's no plausible way anyone would want to watch this movie with me" tier
>Incredible Hulk

I don't want to rate Black Panther until I've let it age a bit (I liked GotG2 a lot coming out of the theater but it's really faded for me since then), but I think it's up near the top and I'll see it a 2nd time. Don't know yet if I'll ever be up for a 5th.

>I can't think of a single thing bad about Incredible Hulk.

Neither can I, but I also can't think of a single thing good about Incredible Hulk. It was a movie that I'm reasonably sure I saw and that's all I can say about it. All the other movies have at least one cool scene. Hulk has nothing.

Made during the gfc with British tax incentives hence why it’s in Britain with Chinese investor money

So much Black Widow filler.

It's kind of amazing how Black Widow is a completely different character in every movie she's in.

In Iron Man 2 she's a painfully generic Strong Female Character.

Avengers has her way less confident, and explains that she's used to being super-awesome and now feels small compared to all these superpowered people

Winter Soldier makes her a snarky bro who tries to get Cap laid

And you could even call this a character arc (She's powerful and haughty, gets knocked down a few pegs, bounces back stronger - and more interesting - than before) but then Whedon fucks it all up in Age of Ultron by making her self-loathing all of a sudden because she can't get pregnant and have hulk babies, and idea so stupid that Sup Forums and tumblr come together and put aside their differences to declare Whedon a fucking tool, and his career goes up in flames.

And then Civil War just has her be Winter Soldier version again and no one complains.

Ironman 2 is still the worst MCU movie by a large margin.

This and AoU are close behind though.

I had no idea people hate iron man 2 so much.

I'm not big on it but i though 3 was worse with fake out mandarin and exploding lava people and all that shit.

better than thor 2 which sucked, incredible hulk which is forgettable in a way no other marvel movie has pulled off, age of ultron was such a weak sequel to the first avengers movie in so many ways. Even the first thor movie i found fairly boring and would probably rather watch iron man 2 before it.

why the hate?

Was it specifically because she couldn't have babies? I thought she was disturbed because of the whole "trained since adolescence to be a super assassin" thing, which was brought on by Scarlet Witch. Having her body tampered with probably sucked too though.
>You are made of marble.

honestly portman is too good for these movies.

I don't trust anybody that doesn't consider Guardians 1 to be the best marvel movie.

it's not even the best guardians movie desu

One thing I liked about it was the aesthetic. I have a huge boner for viking shit so I really liked how they made everything look more ye olde viking as compared to the futuristic space shit from the first one.

From best to worst

Winter Soldier
Iron Man
Guardians
Incredible Hulk
Avengers
Ant-Man
Civil War
Guardians 2
First Avenger
Doctor Strange
Ragnarok
Age of Ultron
Homecoming
Iron Man 3
Dark World
Iron Man 2

Haven't seen Black Panther yet, but I loved him in Civil War.

The first two Spider-Man and Blade movies are still best tier Marvel films though, even if not canon to current movie Marvel.

It was better than Thor 1 only because it was mostly off earth and Portman had a smaller part in it
Seriously the less time spends on earth with humans the better movie you get

The best part in Thor 1 was when he infiltrated the Mjolnir compound and had that goofy ass smile on his face before he broke down after he realized he couldn't lift it

Glad we're finally rid of Darcy

Ragnarok is overwhelmingly the worst MCU film.

>was mostly off earth and Portman had a smaller part in it
But in Thor 1 she at least had reasons to be in it.

There really wasn't anything wrong with it outside the slow plot-start, it just wasn't as stand-out either is all.

>Black Panther
>God Tier
I wholeheartedly disagree, but you do you. Otherwise, spot on. I'd bump Doctor Strange and Civil War one spot up, though

Attached: I_had_to_make_this_gif_to_express_my_current_feelings.gif (480x270, 3.2M)

there was definitely something wrong with the villain. felt like he was barely in the film

IM3 was garbage.

It's not even close to worst, it's not even that bad. I don't even think it's bottom five.

Worst is probably Iron Man 2.

Thor Movies are the chick flicks of the MCU

What is your bottom five, then?

Attached: telenovela.gif (500x275, 2.17M)

>Ragnarok is a chick flick

Attached: Bucky's face when.png (1920x800, 947K)

I want to watch Ragnarok but i only watched thor 1 do i have to watch this before or not ?

Not really, there's only a couple things that would confuse you. But I'd just watch Dark World. Relevantly, my friend skipped it too but we watched
youtube.com/watch?v=L4Nqsogn0-k
before so he'd see like a er highlight of what happened in the movie.

man, there is some cool stuff in that movie

I'll never understand people's beef with Incredible Hulk, it was a very good action movie.

Attached: is that all you got.webm (320x240, 1.81M)

I liked it better than Thor 1. Then again I payed to see Thor 1 in cinemas and felt disappointment, whereas I watched Thor 2 online for free and went in with low expectations. I remember it having a couple of cool action sequences - not much else.

God Tier:
>Guardians 2

Great Tier:
>Guardians 1
>Avengers
>Ragnarok

Good Tier:
>Civil War
>Iron Man
>First Avenger
>Homecoming

Bad Tier:
>Winter Soldier
>Black Panther
>Ant Man
>Doctor Strange
>Thor
>Iron Man 2

Shit Tier:
>Iron Man 3
>Age of Ultron
>Thor 2
>Hulk

>very good action
I can agree with this.

Attached: Hulk_vs_Blonsky.webm (960x540, 3M)

To expand on the bad tiers

Amusingly Bad:
>Black Panther
>Ant Man
>Thor

Just Plain Bad:
>Winter Soldier
>Doctor Strange
>Iron Man 2

The thing with CGI is that whereas it used to be used for a handful of scenes in a movie, its now often used for hundreds of scenes everywhere.

Personally, I'd prefer quality over quantity; if directors tightened up scenes, and used practical and real stuff as much as possible, then the CG scenes could be focused on and handled with greater care and attention.

And people were still surprised at the complete tone shift that Ragnarok had. It's obvious they wanted to stay as far away from making another TDW as possible and have the main character around weird settings and characters.

>“Working on something like G.I. Joe was horrendous,” Eccleston told The Guardian, reflecting on his roles in Hollywood tentpoles. “I just wanted to cut my throat every day. And Thor? Just a gun in your mouth.”

Attached: 1231179936274.jpg (512x341, 32K)

I guess the movies a Thor spot for him

I feel like Dr Strange is super close to the next tier, there were just a couple of things that irked me. Same with Civil War desu

I still remember seeing this and thinking that this was how Captain America was gonna be like. And then to be slightly dissapointed with the fight scenes in First Avenger.

I liked it.

Eccleston is a cunt anyway, so he deserves to have shitty acting experiences

>people who think that the guardians movies are good and that Dr Strange and Ant Man are bad
Biggest plebs in existence

Actually just rewatched this yesterday. Every scene with Loki was great, including Thor and him tricking Malekith but everything is just so forgettable.

*everything else

Both Avnegers movie are fucking great.

The hate for AoU make no fucking sense.

I like it better than Ragnarok. It had a concise plot, it felt like an actual Thor movie, had Thor acting like Thor and not Viking Starlord, had better interactions between Thor and Loki that went beyond quips, and built off the story from the prior films.

It also kept the prior romantic intrest, made her more relevant, and actually looked GOOD. Unlike Ragnarok, where everything looked like floating piles of lego and scrap, all the ships and techology looked pretty cool. Plus, the villian was far more compelling, and worked so much better than Hella lit, goddess of death and goofy as fuck head gear.

Plus, these guys looked pretty bad ass, like a mixture of Dark Eldar and Dark Elves. And they had pretty bad ass ships.

Attached: 73c30fcf78eb5f625607de892a0b397d.jpg (2129x3200, 1.88M)

Eh, it’s okay. None of it is particularly memorable, but none of it is notably terrible either. Pretty bland flick all around.

>genuinely liking Doctor Strange and Ant Man

That's kind of sad.

>liking the obnoxious lolrandom reddit movies

I enjoyed Age of Ultron, it was a bit deflating after Avengers had set the hype bar so incredibly high, and they spent too little time fighting Final Form Ultron and too much time fighting junk-bots. The Hawkeye farm was just as unecessary and pace-killing as the farmers in Logan. Otherwise I thought it was good. Vision was better than I had even hoped.