What can we expect from Bendis Superman run?

What can we expect from Bendis Superman run?

Attached: 872E3DB3-D030-4D14-A119-8F23891AFB10.jpg (1024x268, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dsNsWv3TapA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bad writing and decompressed pacing.

shit

Me not reading it

Hope

Attached: 1518206511675.jpg (2000x1754, 1.41M)

A drop in sales

>What can we expect from Bendis Superman run?

youtube.com/watch?v=dsNsWv3TapA

Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo Supes Lo

Seriously? Best Superman since 2012

I don't think it's gonna be anything like people are fearing. He's not gonna try and reinvent the character or anything.

Here's what I'm expecting:
>Superman doing Superman-y things
>bringing back random Silver Age shit for nerd cred
>complete disregard for continuity except to again drop random references for nerd cred
>bog standard Jurgens-esque plots
>a bunch of stupid new supporting characters
>ebin crossovers between the titles every six months

Basically, devoid of creativity and engineered to be as inoffensive as possible and make Bendis look good

-Divorce
-Lois fucking around
-SUBVERSIONS WOW
-Bendis talk

mainly this, I hope editors put Bendis on his belt.

>-Divorce
You didn't believe that fake tumblr post, did you?

John being mindfucked into being gay, or getting killed by Bendis' OC who look exactly like Doomsday for some reason.

Expect a new character he can get royalties from.

Character Assassination of established characters and promotion of Bendis's OC's.

So how many people will Superman murder during the Bendis run. I imagine some villains gonna get their head kicked off during his term.

Repetition of dialogue, sometimes directly and sometimes rephrased.
What do you mean?
I mean that thing Bendis does where characters talk in circles, and just repeat things.
They repeat things?
They repeat things.
In a comic book?
Yes, they repeat things in a comic.
That just seems unnecessary. Doesn't that waste time and space? Why would he write like that.
I guess he thinks its natural
Natural.
Yeah natural, like he's trying to get the reader to really hear the way the characters speak, and give them the kind of snappy sassy feel you get from a lot of stuff aimed at a young geeky audience.
Does it work?
No.

It doesn't work?

It will be a crossover with Earth 23.

Him getting replaced by Val-Zod to universal acclaim.

No, wait. Him getting replaced by a younger female version of Val-Zod, created by Bendis himself.

She is, of course, very good at superheroing. Better, you might even say, than Superman himself. He will be the first to acknowledge that, assuming he will still be alive.

I never read any of Bendis' work. Everyone here seems to shit on him. Is there anything decent that he's actually written?

Yes

Yeah, Ultimate Spider-Man.

Or so I hear. It's one of those things I am forever saying about "Ohh I need to read that".

It's not all that good. Maybe the first dozen issues or so, but they've aged very poorly, since he went full-in on trying to make Spider-Man new and hip
It gets more praise than it deserves because it's how a lot of people got into Spider-Man

Daredevil is OK

This. I hope they have a new 40 thousand fans to supplement the 49 they're losing. But that would just leave them in the same boat they are now.

>49 thousand
Superman doesn't even sell that much.

He must have meant 49 as in the 49 forum lurkers that hate Bendis

But...but Rebirth totally redeemed Superman.

I still don't understand exactly what Rebirth did, plus, whatever it may have gained us, it went at the cost of Superbro.

Because he still fucking DIED. Reduced to ashes!

Not him, bu I did believe the interview where he all but spelled it out.

Big lead ups to nothing and DC fan tears.

It'll be an exact copy of an old character you already like. You won't like the new copy.

Reverted back to pre-crisis. Bendis only writes the characters he grew up with. Any changes since he was 12 will be dropped or ignored.

To be fair I clearly meant 40 but the typo I guess is easier to respond to.

And yes Superman does sell 40. But you wouldn't know that you're smarmy casual faggot ITT for no other reason than to shitpost. Like this faggot as well:

>Liking superbro
O so you are shit posting. Or you are a casual. Made that easy.

Bird?
Plane?
no, superman

But that's not true at all considering literally EVERY a single change he made flies in the face of that notion. He simply doesn't read comics so he doesn't have any knowledge to inject from other writers.

New OC named Darn - El superman illegitimate half brother who has all of super mans powers but twice as strong and can also turn invisible and has super charisma

Lois getting blacked

Neither.

Again?

Attached: blacklois6.gif (329x294, 50K)

Thing is, you haven't convinced me you casual shitposting faggot.

DC should get jerry to write a Superman miniseries

dont forget sitting around in apartments eating chinese take out while they talk about nothing.

Bend is doing anything beyond street level will never ever be good. 0% chance.

That's okay. Your opinion doesn't matter.

It?

My hope is that he's going to play it relatively safe.
My fear is that he's going to try to do Morrison's socially aware Superman and completely fumble it because he's an idiot who doesn't understand social justice at all.

He's already on the 3rd Man of Steel cover.

work?

Shit just like every superman run

Would DC allow Bendis to go fuckcrazy with Clark? I doubt it. hopefully

I didn't hate Superbro, but I also didn't start reading New 52 Superman until after Lobdell left.
I did really like all of the stuff with Ulysses and beyond.

Also Superman will start talking Yiddish every now and then.

New Avengers up until Secret Invasion

"Clark, did you just hit that villain?"
"Hit that villain?
"Yeah, you just hit him"
"with my fist?"
"Yeah, with your fist"
"This fist?"
"That fist."
"Huh I guess I did"
Bendis is a god
"

Attached: IMG_2227.jpg (495x481, 61K)

Supermans son will start acting like Bendis's daughter

A slightly better Jurgens. I just want this to start so we can stop having threads about this. All you Superfags are the biggest pussies I've seen.

>wahh the writer i don't like is writing the character i like let me spam multiple threads everyday

Attached: 080314_Ledger_Joker.jpg (320x240, 32K)

An new alternate DC universe they can model a new cinematic universe on

Hey, it works for Seinfeld.