Clark arrives on earth

>clark arrives on earth
>powers only develop during teenage years and he had a hard time controlling them

>zod and his homies come to earth
>develop powers on the same instant sunlight touches their skin, can perfectly control their powers and go toe-to-toe with a kryptonian who spent his last 33 years absorbing sun radiation

Is there any explanation for this other than "this film was shit"?

Attached: MoS NO CAPES.jpg (660x275, 21K)

Zod was a genetic freak designed to adapt and kill..

Cast system vs natural born, even in the comics Superman struggles against Zod.

Farmer vs Soldier I suppose.

Attached: General Zod.jpg (1016x1500, 472K)

Krypton has tech that can mimic yellow sunlight. It wouldn't have been Zod's first time.

The only one who gets exposed is Zod. Everyone else is just basic kryptonians who lived on a planet with a denser atmosphere who came to earth lighter one.
It was like walking on the moon for them.

Zod went through enough development scenes that him mastering his powers was earned in the context of the movie.

>denser atmosphere than earth
>like walking on the moon

Attached: 1505954071114.png (231x243, 37K)

You are the same idiot that would complain about the natural birth versus lab bred plot in the movie

Zod was military caste and created to fuck shit up.
Clark trained on a farm.

I know Snyder sucks, but his films aren't hard to follow, just shittily made.

Not only are you stupid, but didn't they explicitly state that Earth's atmosphere was richer than Krypton's?

This fucking film was shit

Well I'm not an expert on comics. In point of fact, I've only seen the superman animated series. So if it's different in the comics, let me know.

But in STAS, isn't Superman's (real) dad a scientist?

in every iteration of superman, jor-el is a scientist.

Yes, Jor-El is from the science caste.

MoS uses John Byrne's Krypton ideas though, so that doesn't really affect Kal-El since he was naturally born and not rubber stamped as a scientist by Krypton's Birthing Matrix.

Yet Zod gets his ass handed to him by Jor-El

Again, this question is ignorant so you'll pardon me:
Wasn't there a what-if universe/series where his dad was Zod?

Yeah, Gods and Monsters. He's Super Mexican instead. The stuff with Superman is really fucking good in that. New Gods Diana and Vampire Bruce not so much.

I've gotta say, out of everything that took me out of the movie and killed my suspension of disbelief, the intricacies of an alien's metabolism wasn't one of them.

Beacause Zod was a kryptonian warrior with special breeding and training to adapt and conquer. It was one of the only clever things in that bad movie. Still better than BvS

It's just one of those things you have to accept. Otherwise you need to explain how other Kryptonians close the gap with Clark.

>smartest man on the planet
>can easily manhandle an army general
>literally superman's father
>fucked his wife and wasn't a stupid virgin like the other kryptonians

Let's face it, Jor-El was a fucking chad. Virgin Zod wouldn't ever be able to handle him

Isn't there a whole scene when Superman and Zod are fighting and Zod's helmet gets fucked up and he has to figure out how to control his powers like kid superman

That was dumb

All thing being equal, Superman should have been murdered in 5 minutes by that chick and her huge kryptonian dude.

What the movie failed to show is that Supes should have been just a bit stronger and just a bit faster + his other powers to still make it believable that a farm boy who never threat a punch in his life could conceivably beat two bred and trained soldiers.

But, its cape shit so who cares really. But it is still pretty stupid... if there powers are even close, Zod and his peeps should have stomped Supes into the ground easily

>women
>capable of achieving anything
Pick one.