Work on your Art!

What have you been doing lately to improve Sup Forums?

Attached: 1445794408845.jpg (476x700, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9fe63p_Dvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rough perspective boxes.
I keep misaligning them.

Either way, I'm trying to figure out the proper way to study anatomy. Just drawing reference seems to be too slow and I fear I'm just turning myself into a xerox machine but drawing the underlining muscle is hard for me to apply accurate since I can't ever seem to get skeletal/skull proportions right.

try gestures, helped me alot to improve and I've made leaps in the last 2 months

That's the problem. I've been doing gestures, I'm trying to graduate beyond just that to more complex anatomy than that but have no idea how to actually study.

oh ok, so more detailed anatomical drawings and not something too cartoony right?

Saw this guy named John Baizley and decided I wanted to do some weird him-style picture.
Kinda hit a wall though.

Attached: Andy.png (658x850, 385K)

Yeah that's the aim.

Working on a Quidditch World Cup animation

Also, I posted it in the last thread but I'll do it again just for the hell of it. Here's an animation I finished recently.

youtube.com/watch?v=F9fe63p_Dvg

Attached: Q2.webm (720x404, 505K)

Try studying form. It's like a gesture but instead of trying to get movement you're trying to get the 3d-ness of a person in a quick image. You can do it like pic related on Line drawings. I just found this on google for an example. Give yourself a time limit to try to keep from focusing on details. Using/making your refs black and white helps too.

You don't see the definition of most, muscles through the skin anyway so just learning the landmarks instead of knowing the name for every little shit string that holds your body together is probably better until you want to go further.

Landmarks are like the average length of the arm and where they fall in relation to other parts of the body. The Golden ratio applied to anatomy, The flat/curved simplification used in animation.

Attached: anatomy_form_value_study_by_artistic_diarrhea.jpg (900x1165, 76K)

Attached: img12.jpg (874x1000, 414K)

Sorry I'm a figurative retard, I don't see what my objective would be vs what I'm doing now.
Is it essentially just trying to recreate the essence of the reference but with an emphasis on building shadow rather than trying to convey with simple line?

I just recently got back to drawing, and I did this yesterday, I hadn't colored anything in like 7 years, any tips for color pencils?

also a general critique of the thing, biggest thing I've noticed that I may have fucked up is the small hand

Attached: 20180317_233028_Film1.jpg (3120x4160, 2.41M)

Well I was assuming you're doing gestures correctly. You might just be doing anatomy studies and pretending they're gesture drawings because you don't understand the concept.

Gesture drawing is trying to capture movement. Hence the "gesture" part. You're not supposed to be focused on detailing the anatomy or even getting the references down accurately.

Attached: drawn-hand-gesture-simple-10.jpg (1200x1650, 664K)

I've committed an atrocity against God.
Forgive me, padre, for I have sinned.

Attached: CabalComedia.png (1280x1280, 2.82M)

Elohim forgives user, you are merely misguided by memery

It's beyond gesture drawing but it essentially evolved from my gesture drawing practices. I usually use the 30 or 45 seconds as warm ups then begin extending the time to create more detailed figures. However I'm just unsure if I'm getting much out of it.
Here's an older sketch I did, but I'm unsure of its value as a study or if it's similar to what you're proposing I do.

Attached: 20msketch.jpg (973x1000, 273K)

Been motivated to work on my own stuff again. Happy about that.

Here's a character of mine. His body is covered in a metal that feeds on blood and provides him with sustenance. Kinda edgy but I love it.

Attached: Kinzoku_doodles-1.png (1414x1974, 2.4M)

bump

Pilotredsun, I miss that guy.

bump

Been sketching and inking miserable, monstrous things, Bats.

Attached: Sketch-Dreg01.png (276x800, 62K)

Attached: Sketch-Dreg02.png (387x800, 112K)

Attached: Sketch-Dreg03.png (373x800, 86K)

Attached: Sketch-Dreg04.png (450x800, 95K)

Attached: Sketch-Dreg05.png (484x800, 122K)

Attached: Sketch-Dreg06.png (633x800, 142K)

Attached: Sketch-Luther04.png (525x800, 160K)

Attached: Isograph-Luther&Lucia.png (462x800, 114K)

Attached: Isograph-Luther02.png (400x800, 94K)