It's a Seth wants an Emmy episode

>It's a Seth wants an Emmy episode

Attached: Facx10_313_03-0237_hires2.jpg (4000x2250, 1.41M)

>gays are interesting

Attached: snap6540.jpg (603x794, 66K)

He has three Emmys.

does stewei get diddled?

On could say Stewie was on the couch

Attached: tumblr_mjkwmxdsJF1qh1r9ho1_1280.jpg (871x663, 100K)

Gimme the rundown.

Heard it was bad and that he didn't actually come out.

It's really hard to take anything in FG seriously considering the material, art style, and lack of giving a shit for over a decade.

It'd be like Aqua Teen trying to teach me a real moral about terrorism paranoia in the States and expecting me to nod my head instead of laugh at the Mooninites for trying to bomb Boston.

Jesus fuck, was this not the worst Family Guy episode ever? Even shit like the Brenda Q episode got me to at least react. This was such a bore.

20 uninterrupted minutes of Stewie rambling, crying, and singing. Another unfunny ratings trap that had no purpose nothing to see.

Attached: this is the one.jpg (375x281, 22K)

Basically it was about two things. Stewie being gay and Stewie with a British accent. The accent takes precedent in the episode. Stewie eventually breaks and uses his real voice, which the therapist tells him he can start a normal life. that ends up being his undoing and Stewie reject being normal and the therapist dies to keep his secret.

There's a really gross scene of Stewie singing Hamilton and snot keeps pouring from his nose.

I know Family Guy ain't supoosed to be high-brow stuff, but...Jesus.
It's like how does this even happen to a show? I hate the term, but Family Guy must be the worst case of flanderization in any piece of media. It's just gone waaaaay too long.

i dont follow family guy what happened?

Entire episode is just Stewie's therapy session. No commercials, no cutaways or jokes.

>people bitch and moan about cutaways and jokes and commercials
>bitch and moan when there's none of them

There is no pleasing you people is there

This was absolute shit on a stick. And this is coming from someone who loves Family Guy. The early stuff, the new stuff, it's all good to me. But this? How lame. Completely pointless. The newest season was decent but damn, I'm worried about the fate of the show after this one. Stewie has never been more unlikeable. It was almost like anti-gay propaganda with how awful of a person they made him.

>People don’t like bad humor in a comedy
>Therefore, if we have no humor in a comedy, they’ll have nothing to complain about.

Attached: BA060C0A-56E3-41D3-9BD3-E78A33B7BBE0.jpg (576x768, 46K)

You can fail in both ways you know.

I usually like the jokes. They're good for a quick cheap laugh.

Watching it right now.
Is this just Brian & Stewie but worse?

What the fuck is this five minute waste of time? Stewie analyzes a psychiatrist from one picture, some books and a prescription. And then he cries when he gets called a lonely little boy. Fuck me.

>and the therapist dies to keep his secret.
Ah, so everything was pointless.
>It was almost like anti-gay propaganda with how awful of a person they made him.
Family Guy seems to do that a lot, and probably not on purpose. Like when they had Jasper trying to merry that guy cause he looks prepubescent. They give more reasons to hate gay people.

>Like when they had Jasper trying to marry that guy cause he looks prepubescent
What the hell? Was that something recent? They haven't used Jasper since like season 4, as far as I know.

>Bobs burgers got an Emmy
>Family gay never ever will

But Family Guy has four Emmys, three of which are for Seth's performances.

>Stewie being gay
Did this even happen? I dont remember.

>Ah, so everything was pointless.
''Wahhh!!! muh continuity and lore or it doesn't matter!''

Stewie has literally always been 100% straight then after Lois Kills Stewie they make him a total fairy for some reason

I guess literally always sounds more impressive than "only for the first 40% of the series run, and he was almost always a specific gay stereotype before then anyway".

If it's any consolation, it's more like "the writing staff wants an enemy" by now. Seth just goes along with it because it's free money to fund his passion projects.

>and he was almost always a specific gay stereotype before then anyway".

No, he was a specific villain stereotype before the writing crew decided to make him camp gay.

Do people really think Stewie had a British accent? Not even British and I never once thought that. Also how long did that scene where he looks at the photo with Michael and starts breaking down the therapist's relationship with him last? Shit felt like an eternity for them to finally get on with it.

Attached: 1440293349167.jpg (600x755, 126K)

Effete and especially effete British has been a gay signifier for over a century, user. All the show did was make it more consistent and overt after the first handful of seasons.

It's a kind of deliberately put-on accent. It's not meant to fool you unless you're dumb (or foreign, I guess). The fakeness is part of the joke.

So what you're saying is he doesn't have four Emmys.

>he was a specific villain stereotype
pre revival maybe

Yes, I got it and Stewie kept going on. I thought there was going to be a joke at the end, like the therapist would say that's his brother of cousin or something.
I was talking about this episode particular. The boy Stewie pushed down the stairs, Stewie had a crush on.

>like the therapist would say that's his brother
That's exactly what I thought it was going to lead up to but it just kept going on and on and on and on only to have no payoff whatsoever.

lmao

>Gays can't be bad people
Sounds like your the homophobe, friend.

so did they finally come forward and say stewies in love with brian or what?

Attached: ddd.jpg (304x471, 29K)

Not really Stewie denied being gay and said he just wanted to be friends with some kid he pushed down the stairs.

>implying they're not

Attached: f9ae8-ian-mckellen-cigarette.jpg (650x433, 132K)

I enjoyed it from a character study point of view. Not so much the analysis of Stewie, but Stewies analysis of the therapist near the start.

There was also an episode where Jasper convinces Brian to destroy Stewie's script

being gay is not what makes him interesting

It never even touched on that.

>It was almost like anti-gay propaganda with how awful of a person they made him.
quit victimizing yourself

anything can be interesting if you're a good writer

Personally the fact that gandalf apparently rips up the hotel bibles whenever he checks into anywhere and constantly bitches about christianity to anyone who will listen was something I found interesting.

That particular gay guy's gayness is actually quite interesting. His experiences are very different from some fresh-faced 20-year-old.

Who asked for this? Where's Peter??

He decides he wants to be his true self for like two seconds then reverts back when the therapist tells him he'd be a normie if that happened and then Stewie kills him so no one will ever know he's been putting on a facade for years.

I'm usually able to turn my brain off and chuckle at some of the retarded jokes when I watch modern Family guy, but I couldn't do that with this episode. This episode was genuinely bad, not "lol, family guy up to its usual stupidity" level of bad, just a BAD episode, I did not like this episode.

>*tips pointed-hat*

Yeah, but it was just a component of being a Bond villain stuck in a baby's body. Being effeminate wasn't his entire character until the show was brought back.

Exactly my point.

I hope American Dad never goes in this direction.

Bond didn't invent dangerous catty sissies. That's ancient. And Stewie has always been highly effeminate. They didn't necessarily push more overt things like his crush on Brian in the early years, but if you're familiar with the character type it would always have been obvious that that was their template. I don't think we're really disagreeing on Stewie as a character, just how early the way he is now became apparent.

Yeah while I'm not a fan of Family Guy there's still usually an amusing joke or two within most episodes making it a good distraction while I'm eating dinner or something but this one just had nothing going for it.

>tfw Mr Enter will probably put an hour long rant video on this
>tfw it'll be an hour-long ramble about a half-hour long ramble

Ramblekino?

>have only seen like 2 and a half episodes of Family Guy
>thinking of hate-watching this to see how bad it is
Is it worth it?

No because it isn't offensive, just genuinely boring, like sitting in a classroom and listening to a lecture, your teacher is showing slides on the projector and they skip ahead on accident and you see something kinda interesting, but they go back and you're sitting there waiting for them to get to whatever that cool slide was but the entire class period he's just talking about the most boring shit and he never goes back to what that was.

It really isn't. Seth is clearly kicking and screaming to get out of Family Guy, he made Cleaveland show and made it shit in an attempt to get some of the characters Fox needed him to voice out of the way when it was cancelled.

He doesn't give a shit about Family Guy anymore, he just wants to make Star Trek.

If that was the case he wouldn't have brought him back?

If you're thinking it's gonna be bad in an interesting way you'll be very disappointed.

The Bond comment was just an example. Still, you're right that we don't disagree about Stewie's gynic attitude always being a part of his character. I just don't think it was meant to be a defining trait since day one.

Beter at the therapist would've been more interesting.

Seth is only an executive producer and voice actor on Family Guy, now. Executive Producer is just a fancy title that means they wanted to have his name somewhere outside of the voice cast in order to make people think he does more work on the show than he actually does. Hell, Gene Roddenbury was an Executive Producer on Star Trek TNG season 6 and he had been dead for a year before they started filming it.

Seth hasn't worked on Family Guy as an actual writer or director since season 4.

I found it interesting how badly you can fuck up a premise, and while watching it I thought of ways that would make it actually good, its a good writing/thinking exercise

This

That's just like complaining he make too much Spongebob or TTG videos.For example ,he made about 5 or 6 videos about Family Guy.His account have about 200 videos,you do the math.He's not near as obsessed about a particular cartoon like the narrative about this guy want you to believe