"benevolent" god

>"benevolent" god
>tortures one of his best followers because of a bet with the devil

Other urls found in this thread:

earthsky.org/favorite-star-patterns/pleiades-star-cluster-enjoys-worldwide-renown
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This story has a good ending though
It's bittersweet

Jesus taught God compassion, no?

He was also testing his loyalty though... the bet was just a bonus

God doesn't gamble. God didn't torture Job.

I forget how it ends?

God gives him back everything he lost, not only that he gives him also a better life

>The entire Bible is a series of metaphors and life lessons much like fairy tales

The entire point of the story is often we have to suffer in order to make our lives better.

>not realizing book of Job is based on an older Mesopotamian book

Job is a really good book, but you can tell it's been edited over time. The intro and ending are tacked on by another author. And the whole 4tg friend who buts in unannounced to give a big long speech for a few chapters before disappearing is also obviously tacked on by another author.

If you strip those parts away, Job is a really good book exploring why bad things happen to good people. Although the conclusion is just "shit happens" which is pretty unsatisfying.

>creator of the universe and everything within it
>OP thinks his mortal perspective of morality applies to him

didn't really happen. It was an obvious philosophical treatise. The bible is a hodgepodge of real history, genealogy and parables. That is not the same as saying it is not the word of God, if that is any comfort to you. I know many faithful Christians with this understanding of things

You guys both have never actually read the book have you

I prefer the Heinlein version to be honest.

No, the point is: if you obey God because earth rewards, you're obeying for the wrong reasons.

>implying buddhism isnt the weight, the proof, and the lie

You never read the book, God rewards him for his faith by giving him everything back

my wafi
desu

>Own thing
>thing is of high quality
>Asshat bets is not
>lend thing to him to show it is
>thing is put through its paces
>thing is return after bet is won and refurbish

GoD sees us as tools to his own end, he loves his tools, but that is what we are, things to be used.

>kills his wife and children
>god gives him more wives and children later

lol because people are commodities, easily replaceable right?

#MindoftheJew

First of all he didn't bet. Second of all the whole story point is to show that if you think "If I do good, God will do good back" then you are primitive fag.

> joke is on you

old Jewish tale

OR, or, hear me out here, it was a crazy cult book written by a bunch of sand dindus living in huts and fucking goats over 2000 years ago, who needed ways to corral their retard brigade, and this was what they came up with.

God has always been the dream of good government.

OR, or, and hear me out here. there is a creator and he walked the earth in human form

Yes, genetic stock is genetic stock you subhuman monkey
If they don't exist and more importantly if God killed them, they did not deserve to exist in the first place

> While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, 19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

> wow, that is literally nothing!

God was only pretending to be retarded.

Job 38:31
“Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades,
Or loose the belt of Orion?

earthsky.org/favorite-star-patterns/pleiades-star-cluster-enjoys-worldwide-renown

Modern astronomers say the Pleiades stars were born from the same cloud of gas and dust some 100 million years ago. This gravitationally bound cluster of several hundred stars looms some 430 light-years distant, and these sibling stars drift through space together at about 25 miles per second.

The moral is that god is sovereign and doesn't owe answers to anyone. Mortal life isn't paradise, it's a path. Job was rewarded for blind faith and for nothing else. And he got a good finger-wagging for having the audacity to ask rhetorical questions.

Read the ending, slavshit

woah dude this thread is proof the universe popped into existence by itself. damn we're lucky we popped into existance looollll

>Literally cucked cognitively-dissonant slave mentality

Oh look, an Italian. Aren't you supposed to be helping your self-castrated pope suck muslim cock?

Yeah, just like all the other ones, right? What differentiates your sandblasted prophet from all the others? What proof do you have that he was holy? Give evidence or fuck off, Sup Forums isn't a safe space for your bedtime story feefees.

>literally a pakistan nigger

Aren't you busy sucking off muslim cock, you son of a whore?

What's this supposed to fucking prove?

All his kids and grandkids who died. Did it end better for them too?

how rude

he got brand new children

also his self-righteous friends were false friends

how typical

He will have other ones
So, who cares?
His lineage will be passed nevertless
You nigger

God is omniscient so the bet doesn't even make sense. Why would the devil even make a bet with God if God always knows the outcome.

>Can't handle that some people have a sky fairy

You are the reason Atheism sucks.

>have a qt waifu and kids
>they all die because god has to prove his power to the devil

Just copying my insult and trying to use it against me is just you saying "n-no you".

But I wouldn't expect you to be good at discourse when you kneel bleary-eyed in front of your bullshit-peddling con-artist of a "priest" oh so easily convincing you about how much of a slave you are and should be.

so if you are a Donald Tusk you get rewarded

this makes me really think

Wouldn't you go all in if you knew the outcome of a bet?

>Old Testament
>"benevolent"

Because it's a made-up story meant to teach lessons.

I have no reason to consider you a human being in the first place, nigger
Keep barking, maybe your muslim owner will let you see how he rapes your british girls
I hope your leash is not too tight

The entire book of Job is a parable.

It makes sense from God's perspective obviously (except not really why would an omnipotent being need to make bets)

It doesn't make any sense from the devil's perspective though. And he must know much more about what God is capable of than us humans.

No one ever said God was perfect

>literally it's just a prank bro!

Christians are hilarious

>Uh oh, contradictions
ITS A METAPHOOORR

1) Job was a Gentile, so OT God didn't really love him anyway
2) If you only worship God when good things happen to you, you don't really understand

Satan in the story of Job was trying to make a point that people who get it rough won't believe in God anymore

If you are an atheist, then suffering and injustice shouldn't bother you, as it's all meaningless.

>benevolent god
>made fags like OP for us to suffer

>Not being Cathar master race
>Not realizing that the Earth was made by Satan, and that he was OT God

>be a wife
>your husband worships god a little too well so god kills you and your kids
>to prove a point to an evil angel he created knowing he would turn evil when he created him

>Women
>Important to God

>god kills you and your kids
God didn't kill any of Job's family. You are bearing false witness against God.

I guess we are lucky that an omipotent being suddenly popped into existence as well, and all it takes is to believe his Earth born son is the messiah and we can all live eternally. Im glad that just happened for no reason at all.

>muh universal morality

Nigga you should see what mine do.
>Flay you alive for being a bit prideful
>turn you into a spider
>get you killed because you were raped by their God-husbando

God seems to be a dick to Jews in particular, then Jesus happened and he was cool.

Just because you naturally lack empathy doesnt mean everyone else does. Have you ever thought that some people dont need the threat of Hell to have good intentions?

>women
>important to Jews

Yours wasn't wrong but they generally get a really shit deal with both Jews and Muslims

What about his kids?

What about all the PTSD?

God is cruel. No surprise he was invented by Jews.

Quite the opposite, I don't like suffering and therefore I despise your God. Your god is very fond of suffering.

The moral answer is God is a product of an evil mind.

Think about it you got a
>be gods best follower
> private line to God you know he exists cause he is always talking shit in ya ear
>you still make a bet with the devil even though you know for sure there is an all might god and you still fuck with him anyway

He was a cunt for mess round behind gods back.

Empathy is a vital biological function for humans. It's how we maintained large tribes and pooled resources.

>might makes it right
>using ''wacha gonna do bout it faggot" as a legitimate moral system.

You retard, it was GOD who made the bet.

If only to be as blessed as Job.

God goads The Satan into making a bet that Satan couldn't break Job's piety.

Humans cannot comprehend the scope of omnipotence and omniscience.Metaphors and parabols are what Jesus used to explain his message, and the story of Job isjust another parabole

>Moral relativism
tips fedora
>Empathy
Spooked
>Earthly live
>Meaningful.
Kek.You just didn't get it.

>Satan in the story of Job was trying to make a point that people who get it rough won't believe in God anymore

And so Job's family all deserved to die horribly because God wanted to prove a point to Satan?

How old was Job? If he was old enough to have grandkids then God knew, because he knows all, that when he was making them some would die before they reached an age in the double digits.

Is there any life more pointless than one of a child who is to die young for no other reason than God wanting to show someone up? What the fuck is that shit? That is the most monstrous bullshit I've ever heard and you can keep your child killer.

I'd rather join the abbos and worship the fucking rainbow snake, at least it doesn't kill people to prove a point.

>Humans cannot comprehend the scope of omnipotence and omniscience.

And a dog can't comprehend the scope of sapience. Doesn't mean we should just start setting them on fire because we wanted to prove a point to someone that fur is flammable or some other pointless shit we already knew.

>And so Job's family all deserved to die horribly because God wanted to prove a point to Satan
Man is bound to die, how and when is irrelevant.

You read the ending, faggot. He doesn't give the dead back. He just gives him new wives and children as if it's the same thing at all.

>to an evil angel he created knowing he would turn evil when he created him
God is atemporal you dingus.
>die horribly
Mortal life is meaningless.God killing a person just means that said person will just go straight to heaven
>Doesn't mean we should just start setting them on fire.
Humans have done worse things

I thought it was very meaningful to you christians?
Kind off decides whether you go to hell to suffer forever, or... or hell because this god probably find it hilarious to send people who worshiped him for so long to hell anyways.

If I recall, the point is it's our place to suffer for God's pleasure, and not to question or doubt Him.

To God it was like stepping on an ant.

Death is a meaningless concept for God. He can give them eternal life, he can resurrect them on Earth. That's literally a non-issue.

SHUT UP FATMERICAN

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA
>ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA
>ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

>I thought it was very meaningful to you christians?
For us it is.For God it really isn't as the soul is the most important aspect of any human not the earthly body.
>Kind off decides whether you go to hell to suffer forever, or... or hell because this god probably find it hilarious to send people who worshiped him for so long to hell anyways.
What decides is God judging our acts.Earthly life is still meaningless is just the path to something way more important

We're born somewhere in infinity..........

>i'm going to try to box in and analyze an infinite, all powerful god through my imperfect senses and sinful morality

*tips fedora*
*sips tea*

Yes I will, fuck you.

He got to learn about god , that is the greatest gift of all. Jews did not have that privelige

The Jews never believed God was benevolent all the time, that's a Christian meme.

The problem of evil doesn't exist in Judaism, because God is God, and all things descend from him.

You don't worship God, because God is nice, you do it because he is king of the Cosmos

I'm not sure your god would appreciate reading pagan drawings

There were multiple reasons for God to allow these things to happen to Job.

First, He was showing Satan that His followers do not follow Him simply out of want for reward.
His true followers worship Him simply because He is God.

Second, He was likely testing Job's faith as well.

Also, we have no idea what happens to Job's first family after they died.
People act as though this world is something to be desired.
This life is nothing compared to the afterlife.

Finally, we must always realize that we are God's creation.
We literally have no right to question what He decides to do anyway.

I think Flyleaf said it best:

"When we had life, death was waiting." Everyone gets thread, but all the lengths are different.

what story i this?

To be fair, this sky fairy is pretty loathsome and it's various followers have caused a lot of trouble while they've argued over what the right way to thank someone is for fucking you in the ass.

>God killing a person just means that said person will just go straight to heaven

Unless you believe the catechism, in which case Job and all his family don't get to go to heaven. Instead they get to hang in the "Bosom of Abraham" experiencing hell-lite for all eternity.

>mfw retarded christcucks worship satan and dont even realize it because they are fucking retarded and their cognitive dissonance is so strong they cant even see the obvious reality

This all knowing god needed to find something out about Job?
Kay.

But he's benevolent. Thats why he tortured him. K.

'We are gods creation, no right to question."

Yeah! Thats what I said to my kids before I killed them. I made you, shut up, Might makes right, bitches, fuck ethics.

Nah, fuck you, and how you've devorced yourself from your FUCKING HUMANITY because of some sandnigger bronze age bullshit you can't even prove happened, let alone happened the way its described.

But you're religious so theres no fucking reasoning with you anyway.