What went wrong?

what went wrong?
why was it so boring?

Attached: 220px-Jessica_Jones_season_2_poster.jpg (220x326, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

highsnobiety.com/p/rick-and-morty-season-4-not-renewed/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> No central villian
> No episodic cases using characters from the comics.
> All female writing team and using the rage of Hilary Clinton to write a show.
And they will repeat the same fucking mistakes in season 3. I miss the days of Daredevil season 1 so fucking much.

Same problem as all the Marvel Entertainment properties: they’re not canon.

Attached: 74629891-D42C-428E-9104-A7CBDEFE9CFC.jpg (507x500, 121K)

There isn't a villain.
The show lacks focus until episode 8, and by that point you're too repulsed by the shockingly terrible and cliche twist with her mother to notice or even care that the show has suddenly found a direction.
It's funny how the show that people used to champion the feminist cause just isn't as good without the serial rapist character in it.

Because instead of moving in the direction of a typical cape show, it went the opposite. The bad guy was actually good just unethical, the murderer wasn't evil just mentally unstable due to side effects of her medical treatment.

There were no heroes in Jessica Jones. It dragged, it was imperfect, but it was at least interestingly different. It explored the pathos of the character more then excitement, but that left it feeling slower.

All of the stuff with Jeri felt like it was from a different show and that's probably why it was so much better than anything else in this entire season

A hero is only as interesting as his antagonist or quest allows him to be.

The writers of this series forget that shit.A lot of writers forget that- a Hero needs an equally as impressive problem or villain to drive him. It doesnt NEED to be a villain, it could be many villains like a Council, or a 'Force', or at least like a situation, like threat.

Did they seriously have her mother regenerate like Doctor fucking Who JUST so they could change the actress and make that some sort of "reveal"?

Attached: Krumit.png (348x288, 136K)

I actually enjoyed it more than Season 1. Maybe it's because I was on Sup Forums before watching and read complaints about there not being a villain.

I'm normally militant about giving whatever I'm watching 100% of my attention if it's my first time watching it but I was checking out hard maybe halfway through episode two and got onto Sup Forums during it. Reading the spoilers actually did help soften the blows.

>entirely directed by women and mostly written by women
>suddenly becomes extremely boring, generic and cliche as if just trying to copy someone elses work

hmmmm

In a remarkable show of restraint on the writer's part, Malcolm is shirtless or working out or being generally sexualized in basically every other scene and at no point do they feel the need to point this out in a "How do YOU like it, MEN?!" sort of way. So that's worth a point.

>Jessica actually puts on a darker pair of pants during her moral crisis

Attached: giphy.gif (300x169, 441K)

Seeing Malcolm working out made me think "I could be working out right now while I watch this" so I did. Thanks feminist propaganda.

Not enough Kilgrave to carry the show on is shoulders.

Attached: tumblr_p5abknM2pC1rwu12co4_500.gif (500x231, 1.05M)

Congratulations, just the simple act of you using their subversion to better yourself has made a woman's history major paint the walls with her brains.

Worked for Rick and Morty though. After they got rid of the pigs, the viewership doubled

Kilgrave juuuust beats out Fisk as my favorite villain. Fisk was an exceptional part of an already great show but, like you said, Kilgrave carried the whole thing. They're fools if they don't bring him back properly. Like, not ONE mention of his healing factor? Fuck off.

I liked it more than season 1.

It was very boring until the reveal is done, and it dives into very personal relationship issues, and starts to focus on how women are to each other, and are as people.

From that point on I was more invested, because of the mother, Jessica, and Hogarth.
Trish is a character who's arc I understand, but can't say I enjoyed watching.

well thats the real difference isnt it
>man sees idealized man: I should be like that!
>women sees idealized woman: how dare you say I should be like that!

The hell? Isnt it sexist as fuck now to only hire women for cetain jobs.

*blocks your feminism*
highsnobiety.com/p/rick-and-morty-season-4-not-renewed/
nothin personel, ladies

What do you think they're doing here? Fighting for equality and fair treatment of both genders or something? No. It's all about taking things away from the boys and calling it justice. That's a REAL cause worth patting yourself on the back over.

Trish has an unengaging arc in the sense that the story presents it as dysfunctional she covets powers, but it's something the audience wants to happen since it's a superhero show. Kind of the same problem the sand-alone Hulk movie had where the hero is trying to prevent what the audience wants to see happen.

>All female writing team and using the rage of Hilary Clinton to write a show.

reminder this isn't a meme

Attached: hill shills.jpg (771x137, 68K)

>it's real
They set up absolutely diddly dick in the Defenders. If anything it's weirder that Jessica is doubling down on being such a grumpy wreck after teaming up with her super friends and beating up ninjas a few months ago.

Attached: Thomas.gif (404x272, 161K)

How rape-y of you

Attached: 1507518385118.jpg (497x603, 52K)

They kept being wishy-washy about how strong JJ is, and in several situations where her "flight" could have helped her, she didn't do it. And yeah, Cage could have totally helped out.

>What do you think they're doing here? Fighting for equality and fair treatment of both genders or something?
A woman asked me if I was a feminist and I said no, I'm an egalitarian. As she began to distort into some type of giant red potato I realized not only wouldn't I have the opportunity to present my argument about third wave feminism turning from equality and towards supremacy, this bitch didn't know what egalitarian meant.
The ride never ends.

>As she began to distort into some type of giant red potato I realized not only wouldn't I have the opportunity to present my argument about third wave feminism turning from equality and towards supremacy, this bitch didn't know what egalitarian meant.

Because the modern form of egalitarian is just another word for fedora who uses "le both sides" to hide their issues with women. Whatever positive connotation that word contained has long passed.

>not being a polarized ideologue is considered taboo in 2018

Attached: 1504650788081.jpg (804x585, 25K)

>not being a polarised ideologue

Being a polarised fencesitter IS a form of ideologue.

Matt lawyer'd his way into her heart and just as abruptly left a costumed hole in her already mangled heart.

Attached: 1503326241744.png (582x504, 312K)

post yfw this is how they reveal Killgrave is still alive:

Attached: 5f6b45627b9c4cce0b54622844cbe415[1].jpg (600x614, 141K)

It's not that she wants powers. It's why she wants them. She's a broken person looking for a way to feel special and valuable, under guise of "I wanna help".

Her heroism is self absorbed.
I find that interesting, but she was annoying.

Patsy's inclination to believe JJ's mother was manipulating JJ felt completely forced and out of character. It was clear Patsy shooting her was thrown in for plot expediency.
David Tennat appearance was completely unnecessary and felt like the opportunity was wasted.
This didn't deserve a 13 episode run.
Hogarth sub plot was more interesting than the main plot.
As has been mentioned numerous times no central villain.

>Like, not ONE mention of his healing factor?
That was a mistake that should have been referenced lightly in season 1, now if they do it it'll just seem like they're trying to revitalize the show by bringing back its star attraction. I don't think there's any intent to bring him back however.

Where’s this from?

It sucks that none if the other defenders showed up this season. I'm hoping that Iron Fist's appearance in Luke Cage season 2 is well received so they do more crossovers like that since Defenders was a big pile of shit.

So would have Danny.

Not just in combat, imagine how many of the roadblocks in the plot could have been solved by Rand enterprises making a nice donation or using their resources and influence to get a piece of info or leverage or whatever.

nothing, it was better than Season 1

Sup Forums is filled with capeshitters who can't seem to understand that a villain isn't necessary for a good story hence you get shit like >A hero is only as interesting as his antagonist or quest allows him to be.
there are tons of ways to structure a story. This season was about the messiness of life and how lots of situations have no right answer and you have to take a bad one sometimes. Jess tries everything to work things out but at the last episode they realize there is no way to fix it and so her mother is going to kill herself.

Still unsure how I feel about Trish though, not sure if it would have worked better if her mother did kill herself instead

his episode was pretty great though

Attached: jessica x killgrave.jpg (1563x899, 160K)

>the rage of a multi-millionnaire who didn't get the one thing she couldn't pay or bribe her way towards
oh the humanity

that's cause Harmon was called out in the #MeToo movement. Maybe he shouldn't have sexually harassed women

Literally Jeri's plotline.

>implying he has
Police report or GTFO.
#metoo was a mistake.

kek, Cox keeps getting pulled in by the female cast members (in good ways). Deborah Ann Wohl made him into a D&D character, not sure if she managed to get him to play yet though

Attached: paladin1.gif (250x201, 1.39M)

Attached: paladin2.gif (250x201, 708K)

Incompetent direction.

The Whizzer, the aquarium. The flashback. These were all utterly incompetently directed, shot, etc.

Agenda driven writing by a team that clearly wanted to be writing a different show. the writing team seemed to think Hogarth was the main character. This side character, should have had 10min of screen time at best. She had a solid 1/3rd of the run time devoted to her.

Constant misandry from female characters is also baffling. every single time a male challenges a female, he is met with a sexist remark in return deriding him.

Trish handling was also incompetent. Super villain origin story? The hell are we supposed to be feeling for her, other then contempt?

Comicbook Jess, tried and failed at doing good. TV jess is just a shitty person all around. There is nothing to like about her. she drinks, she steals, she abuses her powers, breaks every law she feels like, pushes people around.

Attached: paladin3.gif (250x201, 1.08M)

Attached: paladin4.gif (250x201, 1.15M)

>Constant misandry from female characters is also baffling. every single time a male challenges a female, he is met with a sexist remark in return deriding him.
never happened, that's you injecting your own political views in it. Objectively the only good character in the show is a straight white male

>Objectively the only good character in the show is a straight white male
That's because they didn't realize how unsufferable the rest of the case was while writing it all.
We're supposed to think that yes, Jess is justified in doing all the shit she does when really she just comes off as arguably worse than some of the villains.

why are they supposed to be justified. Jess was put in a situation where she tried everything she could to get the best ending she could but every time she tried it didn't work out. So she went to extreme lengths that also failed.

I thought she was just going to turn herself in. Not commit suicide. With that in mind, Trish killing her was like a gut punch for Jessica.

too much of trinity's tame lesbian adventures

Yo why is JJ dating her Mexican landlord and not Luke Cage?

>Jess is shown to be torn apart physically and mentally by an abusive toxic mother figure who abuses of her desire to be loved and belong
>every attempt is a massive failure, with Jess even killing someone and going to extreme measures to try and protect her only family
>the woman responsible for it is abusing her trust and love, while still truly caring about her despite having an obvious egotistic power trip

>trish is a broken person who after years of all kinds of abuse tries to find meaning and value through heroism
>her heroism is a failure because motivated by selfish reasons and treated like a drug to her

>hogarth is a shark born in poverty who got to where she is by treating everyone around like tools or enemies
>the one person she feels she can be close to betrays her, making her delve even deeper in monstrous machinations

The characters all go through gradual self destruction, and have interesting layers. You apparently just can't see it.

I'm only three episodes in and the objectification and emasculation of Malcolm, the asian chad and the latino janitor(all minorities now that I think about it) is really in your face.

>The characters all go through gradual self destruction

yes, they are all villains, and criminals. we all know this. we can see it just fine. why are we supposed to like or care about these characters that do nothing but hurt everyone around them, and themselves?

Every criminal on Earth, follows a path of self destruction, trying to make their way in their own situation. And makes the wrong choices.

>emasculation
Dude is shown to bang multiple girls. What are you talking about?

>what went wrong
Bendis wrote Alias back in early 2000s
>why was it so boring?
Because it's Jessica Jones.

Then the show just isn't for you. Others like it and have empathy for those characters.

Because she killed his wife. Sure, she was under Killgrave's control, and Reva turned out to be a deceitful bitch, so Luke isn't angry at Jessica for it anymore. They're in good terms, but it's still a little weird.

>suddenly becomes extremely boring, generic and cliche as if just trying to copy someone elses work
>suddenly
>becomes
I like how Sup Forums is pretending season 1 isn't a cliche-ridden mess.
Also this.

So far Malcolm has been nothing but a whipping boy for Jess&Tess, even gets pimped out at one point.
Asian Chad get metaphorically punched in the dick and well as literally beaten up for calling Jess out on being a shit, Hogarth refuses to follow through on the lawsuit.
Mexican Janitor is trying to do right by his son and so far all Jess does is emasculate him and try to sabotage his life, that thing about him battling for custody feels throw away.

The Asian Chad you are right about, but he's a fucking douche and a pussy

>why are we supposed to like or care about these characters that do nothing but hurt everyone around them, and themselves?
this the first time you read or watched something filled with people who fuck up constantly? Not everything should be about a hero winning the day by punching shit

>Mexican Janitor
keep watching, they come to terms and he is one of the few characters that really does good.

>a douche
Because he was in the military, has tattoos, runs a successful business, calls out the alcoholic out for being an alcoholic as well a giving Hogarth a wake up call from her lesbian bacchanal?
>a pussy
How so? For trying to go toe-to-toe with a super?

Oh god don't tell me they start fuckng

ignoring that that's talking about the network tv and not netflix, why does it matter so much to you that it is or isn't cannon.
like there isn't a long history of non-canon stories and alt universes in comics.

No Purple Man

But that's a good thing.

Not like any male characters other than Luke Cage were ever all that masculine.

He's a pussy cause he's playing up his injury and instead of fairly out competing Jessica he just runs to a lawyer. I'm not saying he's wrong but he's just so fucking smarmy and slimey, he's just another copy of Hogarth but I love to hate Jeri with him I just hate.

He owned it and presented excuses and the woman he harassed said that's how excuses should be presented.

So he shouldn't press charges on her for breaking into his office and beating him up? He should just let it slide? Because he's a man and she's a woman?

>every central male character barring 1 or 2 are casted to be very attractive
>main male character constantly objectified, belittled and berated despite being the only one actually doing his job
>female characters are all angry and aggressive towards each other in every scene, no matter the context or characters involved
>hogarth tosses all character sympathy out the window in exchange for weird, super indulgent lipstick lesbian softcore dancing
>jessica's character development from previous season and defenders completely absent
>mixed messages everywhere, women are amazing! WOMEN CANNOT BE TRUSTED
>apparently the road to hellcat lies down the path of making patsy the worst character ever
>no interesting powers in a superhero show, main antagonist is just a stronger version of the main character but even less interesting
>no real overarching story, things just kinda happen and people react
>all edge and grit and darkness season 1 had is gone in favor of complaining
>doesn't even advance jessica's story at the end, just ends on semi-status quo with no real resolutions to anything
>foggy literally in one episode for 1 minute to get feminist-ranted at for WANTING TO HELP, never seen again
3/10, and that's mainly for how hilarious that Whizzer shit was

>Equating everything as long as it allows things to stay the same is good.

he baited her really well, but no that doesn't excuse what Jess did to him. He should have proceeded with assault charges (she was put on probation), but he was clearly milking his injury and playing it up. The dude is clearly a con artist

>all character sympathy
What character sympathy?

She wasn't a completely shitty human being in the other shows. She was at the very least able to hold a conversation without suddenly going Lesbian Hulk on people.

>>mixed messages everywhere, women are amazing! WOMEN CANNOT BE TRUSTED
what's wrong with this? Or do you only want one dimensional characters?

hell most of your list is not problems or just plain not understanding the story.

I thought the point of that scene was he was baiting her to assault him but it seemed like he genuinely wasn't and was just a hotheaded retard trying to 1v1 a "powered"

>Because the modern form of egalitarian is just another word for fedora who uses "le both sides" to hide their issues with women.

Or maybe feminists are a child in an adult body that throw a fit everytime people don't give her what they want and calls it "oppression", and that's why people don't want to associate with their insane ideology.
Or do you think it's strange nutcases like you live alone and force poor pets in the role of "sons"?

Attached: 152018029538.jpg (456x560, 45K)

Maybe on Iron Fist (I heard she was there), but I never watched it because
>Scott Buck
After falling for the obvious bullshit that never had a chance of working out and freeing a villain who's not even intelligent or good at manipulating people, all I want her to do is die painfully. She was always an annoying cunt with no redeeming qualities.

>never watched iron fist
You dodged a bullet my dude, I am literally jealous.

Doomfanwank comic #335 by Cumdrinking McFaggot

I think Krysten Ritter's feet are disgusting.

Yep make 50% of the population your enemy that's super helpful for your psyche.

Not him, but what's wrong with it?

How else are you supposed to go after a super who wronged you, who's also friends with a rich beloved celebrity and one of the city's top lawyers? Within the confines of the law, that is?

Don't be. I watched Buck and his crew rape one of my favorite shows with their incompetent decisions for 3 years so I knew that nothing good will come out of it.
Not knowing who Scott Buck is, now that would be a reason for jealousy.

>Others like it and have empathy for those characters.

They are also the ones that sit in their room all day fighting "the patriarchy" on tumblr, also there aren't many enough to make the series not a flop. The producers should reconsider the target demographic.

>50% of the population
Feminists don't even make up the majority of women, you're outnumbered no matter how you slice it and slowly but steadily it's all crashing down on you.

Everything except Colleen Wing, but they even shat on her character at the end. It was done so cheeply they didn't even include ANY music in the first couple episodes, it's just empty of all sound

As with every netflix marvel show it should be 8 episodes long tops but stretches it out to 13, the main is boring, the side characters steal the show, and for a show about martial arts the martial arts are terrible

it looks like one of that "freedom isn't free" memes