Thoughts on it so far?

Thoughts on it so far?

Attached: 0fc8981fd940da4bc03cae561d45284e9e6d20653d784162ddb671e4516d7aedb93316cb4cd3d40145e799e0122eb8bb0576 (670x1030, 590K)

On one hand, it pure shit because Watchmen
didn't need a Watchmen 2. But...welll...
hrmm..

Johns trying poorly to ape Daddy Moore without really understanding what made Watchmen great in the first place

Another shit event that company fan boys will defend

Another reason for contrarian to complain without arguments.

Pointless, pointless shit

Moore always wanted rape in comics so he got his wish.

iTS' A JOKE ITS ALL A BIG JOKE I DONE SOME THINGS IN VIETNAM BUT THIS OH MOTHER MOTHER FORGIVE ME AHUH AHUH A HUHH - Cereal King crying into his pillow stuffed with money and shredded copies of Watchmen #1 every night

In addition to it sucking real real hard and being a stupid idea in the first place, it is really fucking people at DC over trying to plan their books out because it's set a year in the future and nobody except Johns (?) knows how it ends.

>Johns memed Bendis into being Superman’s writer by having a bald, jack autist mess with him in Doomsday Clock

It’s also cruddy as it fails to stand on its own as a story as you need a sizable knowledge of Watchmen and several of DC’s characters for it to do anything for you

It's better than wat marvel is doing so ill take it

I assume Gary Frank also knows how it ends. Hopefully.

Johns being Johns

Attached: fucking bullshit (doomsday clock).jpg (1988x3056, 1009K)

So outside of it being a tad on the nose and Watchmen being a golden cow, why do people dislike this again?

>OP is a shill who didn't like the replies they got

Its fantastic because it means Bendis can't break up Clark and Lois

If you don't think that played a part in pushing it back you're retarded. And they've fucked with DCs Timeline which is the reason we have this event. Why wouldn't they be able to fuck with it more?

This looks like kino, user.

No, I just don't understand why people treat this as if it's as bad as something like Hellcat, again, other than it being a bit on the nose and people not liking it just because they love Watchmen as much as they do.

The entire plot was leaked, Johns changed it last minute so there would still be surprises. The books are coming out bi-monthly to give Frank plenty of time to pencil them because Frank will only gets the script two weeks after each issue gets released.

Hellcat was a low selling short title that ran it's course and got ignored after completion just as much as it did while it was still running. Doomsday Cock is a an extremely well selling creatively bankrupt idea that's going to impact the entire DCU.

garbage like all DC

What does it do better than Hellcat?

>still be surprises
Beside the fact that i don't remember it leaking he changed it because one of two main characters is set to be raped by Bendis.

No answer... exactly what I thought.

>I'm required to reply and don't have other things to do
Better
Even if it's just aping Moore's style it's far better written and the art is far, far better.
Again, it might be a bit on the nose and done for creatively bankrupt reasons, but how is it bad? Outside of you just not liking the idea of it?

It was leaked to bleeding cool but DC struck him down, his report would have been useless anyway because they were about to change it anyway

Attached: Wong face.jpg (494x645, 214K)

No no no. You're not sitting here making a comparison without backing it up. What does it do better than hellcat? "It's better" is no more valid than the people you want to explain themselves.

So go ahead. If you can put into words why it's better it's hellcat then you'll be entitled to someone telling you why it it's. As it stands you're demanding explanation of opinions while spouting an unexplained opinion of your own (combined with assumptions about others' opinions).

Johns doesnt know how it ends. He didnt knew 2 years algo and he doesnt know now.

If you had other things to do you wouldn't shut post in a thread asking for opinions you had no intention of reading. Had I chimed in with an easier reply to answer you'd find no trouble with it. But you can't put into words why Doomsday Clock is better than Hellcat because you don't have the ability to do so. You aren't well-read, well-spoken or sincere enough to do so.

>So outside of it being mediocre and the original being much better, why do people dislike this again?
Take a wild guess retard.

I think it's decent, totally unnecessary, but tolerable if you treat it as fan-fiction or something like that. The mime dude is pretty great.

No one said it's as bad as Hellcat or one of the worst books ever. Doomsday Clock is just an unexceptional and uninspired DC event written by an amateur that doesn't really understand the source material or why so many people like it. At least with stuff like Hellcat or America you can point and laugh at how bad they are and get some enjoyment out of their terribleness under the right circumstances. Hell, even Before Watchmen made memes based on how terrible they are. Doomsday Clock however is the epitome of lukewarm and will be promptly forgotten once its run is finished.

Johns' dialogue is hamhanded, obvious, plodding. None of then measured skill of Moore of enough to sustain tension and interest.

Even the concept itself is just cheap. "actually the comedian was saved! And after the events of Watchmen, all your old pals come to hang out in the DCU!"

>you liked thing a, why not like thing b wtf?

Solid points

You dont give a fuck about any argument stop pretending you dumb johnsfag

The writting in Doomsday clock is terrible, i havent touch hellcat, but DC it's garbage. Pic extremely related.

Attached: johns the subtle guy.jpg (1496x2064, 1.04M)

Attached: 1501985284772.gif (276x225, 2.31M)

I haven't read Hellcat but i have a feeling you haven't either, just using it as shorthand to mean girly/Tumblr, the implication being Johns' Watchbabies is dark adult fare and congrats; you're the target market. You buy into it being epic, and you shell out $75 for it. I'd want it to be good too.

it's amazing hopw lazy johns was, he didnt even tried to educate himself about politics or history.

The fact all issues are focused on the joker's mum and dad just nakes it worse.

Attached: find our boy joker.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

I agree but am sorta conflicted in that, you're right, the sociopolitical stuff is just so out of his wheelhouse it's embarrassing. On the other hand, Not Joker or Punch and Not Harley or Judy have been the only sort of interesting parts, just them doing their thing feels like an actual somewhat original comic. Not connected to Watchmen or DC stuff. Once they become Joker's mum and dad I don't think I'll feel the same.

The “””Doomsday Clock””” is a ploy by degenerate, liberal (((scientists))) to undermine the Industrial and Military Supremacy of the USA and the God-given Authority of the President Thereof.

It's
a) unnecessarily done for shock value
b) hamfisted allegory to look smart without actually being smart
c)fucking stupid

It's pretentious crap.

Sadly, that IS an accurate summation.

>Imagine getting this mad over something

all those posters BTFO

Wtf my argument is lost now

It won't be one of the best stories every told but it's interesting

The mime and Marionette are entertaining though they're basically ripped off from Joker and Harley and they have toys already, I feel like because Johns is the boss things like those can happen, he has the freedom to rewrite Joker's story and the rest of DC seems doesn't have any idea of what's he's doing

The saddest thing of all is that I have to agree with this. Oh God.

Really? Because I have a hard time believing that.

This sequel is:
- Unwanted.
- Unnecessary.
- a direct follow-up to one of the greatest superhero deconstructions of all time.
- Not written by the author of the original.
- Not written very well.
- Shitting on continuity.
- A cynical cash-grab.
- Adolescent: 'Rorschach is dead, so here is a new Rorschach because we know you love Rorschach. Also the Comedian isn't dead because he was COOL AS SHIT. And here are two supervillains with super-powers because that is really cool."
- Used as a parachute to get them out of The New 52 rather than having some balls and trying a little harder to make it work.
- A pretty lousy story in and of itself.

I did not have high hopes, going into this, but part of me wanted to be pleasantly surprised.

Attached: 1507894526124.jpg (766x960, 80K)

Story is a slow burn so far but looks promising

People complaining about it are most likely disgusting British people with yellow teeth

>The mime and Marionette are entertaining though they're basically ripped off from Joker and Harley

They're Punch and Jewelee. From Charlton Comics. Former enemies of Captain Atom and Nightshade. So presumably the used to fight Doctor Manhattan and Silk Spectre.

I like it so far.

Overrated shit

>entire plot leaked

link

Eh, they were ripped off from the Joker and Harley anyway and Johns himself makes references Johns just used the possibility Punch and Jewelee provided to justify their existence

I love how "U MAD" has become a fall-back response to dumbass trolls again

Punch and Jewelee predate Harley by a cool decade.

He's saying that John's wanted to make his own Joker and Harley and realised that he could do it through an AU Punch and Jewlee

>Getting mad at obvious shitposting

...Yeah, he's probably right.

It's amazing how johnsfags will defend johns and pretend they touched charlton comics.

>Watchmen characters are rip offs of Charlton Comics characters
>Johns uses two Charlton characters as a surface level interpretation for new characters like Moore did
>He didn't touch them
Sure man, I think Doomsday Clock is incredibly lazy, but Johns has atleast looked at Charlton for inspiration

i love it because im a DC boy,baby!!!

marvel can fuck off,peter parker is dead,move on you fuck

I know you are a wikipediafag, but just shut up instead of spreading bullshit.

An incredibly pointless and disrespectful crossover.

God no. Defend Johns?

Used to be, blasphemy meant being burned at the stake.

Weren't those characters "similar" to DC characters? I always thought the writer did with Watchmen what he couldn't do with DC characters

I thought it was amazing. Don't know what you lot are on about.

Thanks for that user

Including characters like Superman in the setting of Watchmen just seems like a huge mistake. He has so little depth relative to Doctor Manhattan and Rorshach.

I want to add TDKR was published 6 months before Watchmen

>- Adolescent: 'Rorschach is dead, so here is a new Rorschach because we know you love Rorschach. Also the Comedian isn't dead because he was COOL AS SHIT. And here are two supervillains with super-powers because that is really cool."

Also:

>Hey, Ozy meets Lex, they are like, super smart, Rorschach meets Batman, both very mysterious isn't that SO COOL YOU GUYS?

I honestly thought Doomsday Clock was going to be a Superman story from the get go. Him meeting Manhattan and touching on the effects on the DCU, both regarding continuity and thematically.

Still early to tell, but so far it's been shit. Shit shit shit. Shit like said.

Anytime. I hope.

No.

The original idea didnt even involved charlton characters.

That's nice bait.

You've not read many works with Supes, have you?
Having many different authors obviously don't give him a single version/interpretation, but saying he has no/little depth in the hands of good authors is just ignorant

To be fair, I'm cool with Joker having those two as his parents.

You are a complete moron.

Me too, sounds like a cool idea.

Attached: 1514422879495.png (721x1024, 953K)

It's a comic.

Attached: 353px-Neutral_President.jpg (353x270, 21K)

I don't have opinions on you view of it

Probably won't be as good as Watchmen was, but it's neat.

Two things tho:
1. When's Superman coming into play?
2. If the Comedian is still alive, then would the original Rorschach be still alive too?

>The original idea didnt even involved charlton characters.

Okay, I'm intrigued?

Scram, kid. You bother me.

>1. When's Superman coming into play?
Soon, hopefully
>2. If the Comedian is still alive, then would the original Rorschach be still alive too?
I'd argue Manhattan saved the Comedian when Ozy met Luthor
>See Ozy meeting Luthor
>Go back in time to save the Comedian and bring him there some time before the time of the comic

pretty good so far

Despite any problems with Scorsese I wouldn’t want Michael bay to make the sequels to his movies. That’s kind of what johns, a moron whose concept of literature and history is limited to fucking comic books

I'm too lazy to read it

>kino

You have to go back

It's pretty mediocre so far.

It isn't the absolute trainwreck some were predicting, but I don't think it's good enough or adds enough to really justify its own existence yet.

I find it... I dunno, without the charm of the original one.
The book had honest people helping out and mundane but common folk breaking the cynicism for a while at least (before dying or being sacrificed for the narrative's sake)
But this is just a non-stop pit of humanity thing.

It's bleak without any room for anything else.

Diogenes lives!

I hated Manhattan and he's probably a self-insert for Moore

If Cass Cain becomes Batgirl again by the end of it everything is forgiven.

Attached: 47564082-A125-44D5-8C83-2CACA5880500.jpg (1306x612, 310K)

I think this event will influence the story of Injustice 3 with Dr. Manhattan being the final boss and not Darkseid.

It's overhyped and shouldn't take 2 YEARS to finish.

At least marvel keeps this stuff to under 5 months.

moorefags on damage control
it seems interesting, but why the fuck is it bi monthly now

Johns writes for retards (reddit)

Id have more thoughts on it if I ever actually saw it storytimed outside of the first issue.

Watchmen started with the Mighty Crusaders in mind, the whole point was using characters that were both familiar and at the same time not that mainstream, the idea of using charlton comics characters came later, and wasnt really that important in the final product.

>moorefags on damage control

How? Johns it's a moron that started the comic confusing NATO and the European Union... Why would anyone need to do damage control over something like that?Johns is every bad thing people say he is,

Johns don’t understand international
politics, in his GL run he had the USAF bombing Chechnian Muslims in Russian territory when in fact the CIA had supported Chechenian separatists in the 90s (the uncle of the Tsarniev bomb brothers was married to the daughter of a CIA Officer).