Could you guys recommend some animated series with a more serious tone...

Could you guys recommend some animated series with a more serious tone? I just got into Young Justice and its the first animated series I've watched since high school. I want to check out some more animation. Looking for stuff more action oriented and serious

Attached: young-justice-season-three.jpg (825x464, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BfoLbPD_F1U
youtu.be/LzXWxZIjJ4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Green Lantern TAS
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited
Star Wars TCW

Samurai Jack
The DCAU and most of DC's other shows
Spectacular Spiderman and a few other Marvel shows
Voltron
Castlevania
SW TCW

You're shit out of luck though, we haven't got much else in Cartoons besides those

>Spectacular Spiderman
>serious tone
What?

Okay, more Action Orientated then

>if a show doesn't have forced melodrama it's not serious
youtu.be/BfoLbPD_F1U

Attached: 1343897868788.gif (488x275, 2.51M)

Most DC shows, but ESPECIALLY Batman Beyond, Justice League, Teen Titans and The Batman.
Korra
Transformers Prime
Symbiotic Titan
Code Lyoko
Samurai Jack

TMNT 2012
Transformers Prime
Transformers Unicron Trilogy
Mystery Incorporated
Iron Man Armored Adventure
Ben 10 Alien Force
Speed Racer Next Generation
Generator Rex

I know he didn't say good, but including Korra is still dumb

Grow up, Korra is perfectly fine. If you seriously think that Generator Rex and Alien Force are objectively better than Korra you've let the board hivemind get to you.

>recommending trash like Unicron Trilogy, Speed Racer and TMNT 2012

Beware the Batman
Brave and the Bold is mostly light-hearted, but still has a select amount of serious episodes/moments
Kulipari, which gets really dark in the last few episodes of the season

well he already likes young justice, why wouldn't he enjoy more trash

>those digits
I mean, YJ is obviously shit, but wow.

Your tastes are shit. Calling the unicron trilogy bad is a meme. Speed Racer was good and TMNT 2012 is the best TMNT series hands down.
Alien force isn't good but it's at least as good as Korra. Generator Rex is an objectively great cartoon.
Checked

Unicron trilogy IS bad. Armada has good ideas but it's full of shitty filler and bad animation and energon was pure shit.

youtu.be/LzXWxZIjJ4k
>anything less than great

>I will ignore how 90% of it was shit

Lastman

ree me out but Tangled: the Series

It starts out (and S1 is mostly) cute shit but the main plotline is very surprising and great. The "pilot" (Tangled: Before Ever After) sets the tone for the dark ancient secret. If you have time, look into it and you can decide if you want to go on. Liking cute princesses and serious tomboys is mandatory.

Attached: YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR PURPOSE.jpg (1366x768, 126K)

Batman Beyond
Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Exosquad is very action oriented and serious. You just have to put up with the EXTREME 90's designs of shit (not so much the mechs but people's outfits, hair, etc... you'll see).

I can’t believe no one suggested Gargoyles yet.

All of Weisman's other shows should've been an fpbp rec. This board is really off its game recently.

I know they've been mentioned, but Green Lantern and Beware the Batman were all part of the same block (though the latter "replaced" one of them), and they all have the same tone and stuff. Because they had the TV-PG rating, they could get away with more stuff than other action cartoons could. It's a damn shame that they killed the block as early as they did.

>Star Wars TCW
>SW TCW

....Do I need to watch the star wars movies?
I really really don't want to