Why isn't there a Kraven appreciation thread?

Why isn't there a Kraven appreciation thread?
>Hunted big game all over the world
>One of the original members of the Sinister Six
>Accomplished the superior Spider-man routine WAAAY before Otto did
>Mr Sinister created a powerful clone using the DNA of the original X-men and Kraven
>Expert in poisons
>All of his children are accomplished hunters
>Half-brother is the Chameleon
>Raised an alien beast in order to conquer the Savage Land
He can single-handedly make any Spidey story great, considering he has a minimal amount of bad stories.

Attached: Fuck Yeah Kraven.jpg (1296x1983, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/universe/Chameleon#axzz5ACodJiRU
youtube.com/watch?v=kpoSCPZW3bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the longest time i thought he was a hero

>Half-brother is the Chameleon
Wait, really?

Kraven is awesome, but I can't help but wonder if he would have been as great if DeMattis had written Last Hunt as a Batman story like he originally wanted.

>for the longest time
Thankyou now I've got Billy Joel music stuck in my head

marvel.com/universe/Chameleon#axzz5ACodJiRU
Chamelon used to try to impress Sergei with his "disguises" when they were growing up.

Probably not, especially considering Kraven's Russian hertiage wasn't touched upon until the last hunt. He probably would have been one dimensional. The last hunt is easily his best story.

O rly? Would it have been an existing villain(Deathstroke?) or a new one with Batman?

Besides, I don't even think his background was canon until the last hunt, DeMattis said in an interview that he read about his Russian background in one of those big marvel encyclopaedic guides. He said himself, it could have been printed as a mistake but it interested him because he liked Dostoevsky I think.

Probably because of the Spider-Man cartoon from the 90s where he was mostly good.

I bet it would have been a character central to Batman, maybe Ra's al Ghul. Al Ghul and Kraven have a lot of parallel qualities (using exotic herbs, strong beliefs, stoicism) and I think Ra's is one of the few Batman villains that would want to prove his superiority, most of them would be far too irrational for that.

Bane would probably be the next best option, but Knightfall was about beating Batman anyway so it would be a fairly derivative book.

I don't remember that. Can you give an example?

Attached: 2318295-2318289-spider_man_noir_01.png (1600x1200, 3.86M)

Attached: 8832f92d539090c58e948439b5acfd3a--kraven-the-hunter-dangerous-games.jpg (474x468, 71K)

>They say he can defeat anything that lives
>With his bear hands

Attached: Bear Hands.jpg (500x375, 136K)

It was originally supposed to be written with Joker (and later ended up influencing JMD's Going Sane), and then with Hugo Strange. The Joker pitch was apparently rejected because of The Killing Joke coming out at the time, and the Hugo Strange pitch may have been rejected because Gerry Conway's ongoing saga exploring similar ideas.
5 years before Last Hunt there was a story called The Double Life of Hugo Strange where he effectively plotted to destroy Bruce Wayne's life and take the mantle of Batman for himself. He came close but ultimately failed.
And then one year before Last Hunt there was another storyline called "Down To The Bone" where he pulled a Kingpin-style destruction of Bruce's life and then took everything from Batman except the costume.

Sometimes I find myself wishing Last Hunt actually had been a Batman story with Hugo Strange. It could have been yet another fantastic story with the character and one that defined and popularized him to a generation of readers.
But I really like Kraven and I doubt he would have been as great a villain if it wasn't for him partaking in one of the greatest Spider-Man stories of all time.
I'd say it was the best for everyone.

Attached: hugo_batcave.jpg (663x1024, 246K)

Have you read Going Sane?

Whoever rejected the Batman pitch originally was on the right track.

Holy shit, that's cool.

It wouldn't be as good a story if it was about BAuTisMAN, and the most memorable things rely on Kraven as a character

Is it true he has never appeared in a Dan Slott written Spider-man issue or is that just memeing?

I heard he was an anti-hero in the ASM videogame.

Attached: kravps3.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

He never cared for Kraven. Slott has a fetish for scientist/genius/intelligent heroes and villains. Just be glad Slott isn’t one of those writers who goes out of his way to destroy characters he hates (instead of just ignore them which would be the same thing to do) unlike a *certain* someone.

They're related alright, but you're using a non-canon image as proof

He actually had very few appearances. First he appeared in S1 as a villain, then later in S2 during the whole Neogenic Nightmare deal as a good guy when Parker turned into the spider monser

I think at a certain point it was also supposed to be about Wonder Man and his edgy villain brother whose name I can't recall right now, but then the story would probably never get the fame it deserves because of the sheer obscurity of the character

No, that was a misdirect. He was just a Russian mobster who used Spidey to get rid of competition, then tried to kill him when he was no longer useful.

There was also a convoluted plot involving the Kingpin.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpoSCPZW3bM
Is this the best Kraven theme or there is another?

looking rather good