Matt Ryan To Join 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow' As Series Regular For Season 4

deadline.com/2018/03/matt-ryan-promoted-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-series-regular-season-4-renewal-john-constantine-1202345972/

Attached: 1494346779582.jpg (3000x1688, 1002K)

PRAISE ALLAH

>constantine and white canary ship sailing
feels good, hope they add it to the comics

Well, I guess that means that Ava is gonna go kabloo-y

Do you guys even know what a hook-up is?

Attached: It's Happening.gif (311x213, 972K)

I was just referencing the fact that Ava could be an Android if we go by an upcoming episode synopsis

He's still getting that cartoon right?

FUCKING FINALLY

Now for Quentin Lance

It's out like Friday

Attached: Data Yes.gif (336x189, 2.09M)

yeah, the cartoon that has episodes last like 2 minutes lol

Meh.

I'm more excited about the fact that there will be a season 4. When did it get renewed?

Good that is where he belongs with the rest of the rejects.

Meanwhile on Supernatural..

According to the article

>Ryan’s promotion from a recurring to a series regular is contingent on a Season 4 renewal for Legends. The CW is yet to make renewals for next season but Legends — as well as the rest of the network’s DC series — is fully expected to come back.

Arrow and The Flash are safe, but Supergirl and LoT were reportedly on the chopping block.

>More neutered, PG, no-horror Hellblazer
>More of a Welshman doing a Cockney accent for a Scouser
>CWfags will still line up to defend Legends because it throws in two self-referential jokes a season

Strewth.

Attached: mfw.jpg (325x435, 21K)

Matt Ryan is a great constantine.

>Cockney accent
What? His accent is a Scouse accent.
t. Liverpudlian

Thank God so there's still hope it's cancelled

A great version of a shit character is still shit

No way they are doing worse than shit like Dynasty or that military show. I doubt any of the DC shows, BL included, is getting the axe, whether they should or not

>"Chaz, join me in my fight against EVIL! This is what moral greyness IS!"

Nah, lads. The "Feast of Friends" episode was good, because it was the only one where John wasn't the hero.

Ryan's a fine actor, and we could've got a lot worse for John, but he's not definitive, he's not great, and he can't maintain the accent for shit.

Do they at least let him smoke on the CW?

I wish Constantine wasn't mainstream anymore

>he's not definitive, he's not great, and he can't maintain the accent for shit.

Hop off you, nonce. He's great. You're acting like we've had anything better which we haven't.

They do let him smoke.

holy fuck CW shilling is real

I'd heard different, that all of the DC shows are likely to be renewed.

How is it that Legends if Tomorrow keeps getting better the more oure cheese it gets? It should be the polar opposite, yet cartoon shenanigans only enhances the show.

I wish instead of just using Constantine for we need a popular magical character that we instead build up other magical characters.

Poor bait. Jog on.

But the real question is...
When will they let Felicity take over the show?

No DC character is mainstream

There's a reason he's stuck on a shit network like CW

>TFW Ryan's Constantine proves so popular that he spins off to his own CW show.

I want to believe!

Attached: splop.jpg (920x258, 142K)

Dude, just cause you're starving doesn't mean you gotta eat shit.

You'll survive without a diet of corporate crap being poured down your throat, you don't have to swallow it because they're paying someone to cosplay your fave character sometimes.

Like, yeah, maybe we've never had a better Constantine adaption, but we've had better Constantine stories, we've got better Constantine character moments in 4-issue miniseries than Ryan's delivered in a season of TV, an animated movie, a slew of cameos and now soon to be a second season of TV and a season of animation.

You should demand better of the people you're going out of your way to defend.

Well, that's nice at least. That's a step in the right direction. Credit where credit is due.

If, during his season, they give him some nice horror episode or a mysticism arc, then that'd be cool to see. But they'll never let a show like Legends use characters like Zatanna or Swamp Thing. Hell, if we get Xanadu I'll be shocked.

>I want a horror show on a tween channel from the makers of Supernatural!

I don't want you to kill yourself, I want you to live and learn from your mistakes.

>Meanwhile on Supernatural..
It's literally going to the cartoon dogs.

>Do they at least let him smoke on the CW?
He spent his entire appearance on this seasons episode of LoT trying to get someone to lit his cigarettes, and finally got a smoke in at the end.

>implying the scooby doo crossover isn't tv gold
They deserve a fucking Emmy.

Not true. All of the Berlanti shows are safely scheduled for renewal. Arrow is probably going to get a final season order. Amell and the others are anxious to wrap the show up and are willing to give it a final season.

At best you'll get a few episodes on that shitty DC streaming site

I will admit, that would be nice. at least CW might let it go darker than the fuckover that happened to his first show.

look, i'll watch it, i might even enjoy it, but don't act like it's highbrow art

I'll take it.

Maybe when it was relevant. At Season 13, it's just doing it because it's out of other ideas.

The best episodes of Supernatural are the fun, gimmicky, one offs that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual plot. Even in the worst seasons those are always worth watching.

>that military show.

It's already dead.

It's the villain that makes the capeshow. Vandal was shit, but Dahrk family and Legion of Doom were the tits.

Isn't Black Lightning doing really well?

No idea. I singled it out because it's a latecomer

I like it. It's kinda fresh, slightly different. Also I like it better than Luke Cage.

is season 3 good?

I'm pretty sure if he did a full Liverpudlian accent nobody in the US would understand a word he was saying.

Is Wally still going to be a regular?

And I miss Jax

Little bit worse than second one but still more enjoyable than any CW capeshit maybe aside of Black Lightning. Damien and his sidekick daughter are getting better each episode after kinda weak start. Mick is love, Mick is life.

Seems like it.

Yeah, I miss him too. I was sure they will find him someone else to bound into Firestorm, but I guess you can't top the Gray, and I'm weirdly cool with that.

Legendd used to be the weak link of the CW shows bow it's the only one I enjoy.

This just makes me even happier.

I still miss Kendra

She had a lot of unfulfilled potential. I blame the problems on her character more on the writers than anything inherent to her character or actress

They just gave them some proper character development other than hurr no kill, hurr I love/hate you Barry/Ollie. On top of that they made villains from other series actually work better than their prime shows.

Season 1 tried to cram too much comic references instead of making their own show. Remember Per Degaton? Scandal Savage?
Not bound to comic book stuff now, LoT can do whatever they want.

I don't. I mean, you're right with the writting part, but I'd probably miss grandma Vixen more, it she'd be gone. Her character was just overall boring, and her connections with Hawkman and Vandal were meh.

Jax left because his actor wanted to spend time with his newborn. They'd asked him if he wanted to stay on or leave with Garber, and he chose the latter.

>reading up on Arrowverse on Wikipedia for shits and giggles
>Moira Queen voiced the Nazi Waverider during Crisis on Earth-X

Attached: Kaiju Computer.jpg (1280x974, 259K)

>tfw Wally beat all Zahri’s high scores
I laughed. The everyday shit is some of the best parts.

>Not bound to comic book stuff now
Wait, I haven't watched since Legion of Doom, what do you mean by this?

>Another magic user
well I guess that confirms another season with this guy

Attached: DYq2ZC8U0AAb-Lq.jpg orig.jpg (1536x2048, 387K)

I hope this is true, Though he had no choice because he's partner was going to Broadway

They've been doing some Captain Planet shit with the Totems

It's all completely divorced from the comics lore

It doesn't take itself too seriously but isn't completely juvenile, It's like watching a live action comic book; My worry is there will be too many people on the ship and the show will become cluttered

Attached: ipzeku8TN-Y.jpg (970x1080, 192K)

Sounds terrible. There's a lot of places and times from all over DC Comics they could use, but I guess DC still thinks it could use those stories for movies somewhere down the line.

>adding John to the DC faggotry universe
Yeah because bringing watchmen down to that level wasn't bad enough

So someone is getting the boot. Nate? Amaya? Mick?

They use the characters and maybe the settings, but write original stories for them like Grodd in Nam.

>Grodd in Nam.
God damn it, every time someone says something cool about this show I think it's worth watching, but all I ever get are Z-Listers even an autist like me doesn't care about and CW-core cringe.

When will doctor fate be used

They could do with dropping Nate and replace him with Gideon, What use is a historian anyway?
His super power is he's strong and can't be hurt and he does nothing with it, Maybe he just needs a better writer.

Attached: i7xN27x16gs.jpg (810x1080, 129K)

Nate and Ray are basically bootleg Booster and Beetle, so they can stay.
Mick's time is probably up since everything he loved from Snart to Axl are gone, but he's best boy so she should stay.
The girls will probably leave. Zari and Amaya are easy on the eye but does nothing for the plot

I like Nate's character interactions. The cast as it is now + Constantine - Wally is really the perfect one.

Ray could be so much better if he wasn't so goofy
My perfect team woudl be Sara, Ray, Mick, Having a speedster makes everythnig too easy.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (670x353, 219K)

Attached: constantalk.jpg (516x1058, 350K)

Ray is the only person having fun on the team. He got knighted, fought zombies, had to do Mission Impossible with his wife, and a bunch more fun shit while everyone else is involved in some sort of drama

You can have fun and enjoy life without being over the top goofy

You know what

let's talk about how he won't do shit in this season because;

1. He's the most powerful character in the show
2. He's will forever be threaded as the new guy
3. He's dosen't have love interest so he won't have focus because it's a cw show and they need romance drama

Attached: image.jpg (1200x800, 96K)

They need to bring back Doctor Light for him to fuck

Better comics, sure. But what other live action OR cartoon has there been? He was spectacular in the animations

Keep forgetting they are married, that's really cute, isn't the same about supergirl and mon-el

He's the only black guy I've seen with white people hair

it's better than all the CW except LoT. But it's only Season 1 and what Arrow and Flash showed in that they usually only have 1 or 2 seasons in the writing for that

>the stories in the comics don't count
>only the adaptions

Why are you even on Sup Forums? As I said, just because there aren't better adaptions doesn't mean we should settle for mediocre ones.

And if you can tell me you think the JLD cartoon was "spectacular" then I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope you enjoy many more things, but I cannot agree with you.

>you need to be a scalpel not a jackhammer

Neil McDonough is really enjoying LoT,since the writers will come up with ridiculous combo's (all in 1 episode each time). Also he's 52 since last month!!

In hindsight of the NBC series, doesn't it feel ridiculous that whether or not he can smoke a cigarette on screen was a genuine point of contention?

I just pointed out that he is the best option for Constantine that we have, he proved that in all the iterations, and yes JLD too, which was one of the good DC Animated movies in recent times, most of them have bee shit.

He's proven he can get the character right. And yes, it's going to be watered down in LoT that may mean more exposure for the character to get something new. The comics are shit right now too, so I can hope that bringing light to the old Hellblazer style can do something with the character

it was a rule they had to follow, what I loved is that every episode they pushed it further and further. Never puffed but by the end he would walk away from the camera and you woudl see smoke drifting away

Americans isn't it. This picture is from the show Hannibal were they also censor swearing but have a fuck ton of gore

Attached: rxfsoys7VBk4T9qSVRnOhsO97GPnZr0EuoJfT3O3rBY.jpg (1024x576, 73K)

This seems so opposite of something John would actually do.

Just seems silly they had to dance around it at all, doctors used to advertise the damn things on public television

Lol

But if the only iteration of the character people are watching is Ryan's, and if the only Constantine they care about is his, then there is no incentive to change or improve the writing at all. Nobody's going to tell a moody, bloody horror story with John if the most vocal fans of his are tumblr shippers and people who campaigned to get his show on the CW because they like Supernatural and Arrow.

If you want better cape stories, stop supporting bad cape stories. This is capitalism, you vote with your money.

It seems pretty in-line with Swamp Thing era John (CoIE)

Attached: Saga of the Swamp Thing vol 02 (2012) (digital-Empire) 087.jpg (1988x3056, 1.9M)

No, because addiction is the defining characteristic of John Constantine. To take away the visual representation of his addictive nature is the first indication that they aren't going to do the character right. And it proved to be a good gauge, since NBC fucked his character up entirely.

Plus, the smoke adds ambience, and cigarettes have been a visual motif for the working class since the Industrial Revolution.