>they had to made him evil

>they had to made him evil

I mean, why?
why wasn't the story about family conflict?

why did they had to make him a shitty assvillain

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/green-lantern-producers-comic-explains-why-animation-fo-1563036007
twitter.com/AnonBabble

villains are easier

>It's the "outgoing and nice guy turns out to be SUPER EVIL and betrays the protagonist after gaining their trust" episode from Pixar/Disney yet again

It's hilarious how in their attempts to pull the rug out from under the audience with these totally unforeseen "twists" that they just end up making things more predictable and formulaic.

Attached: 1520390665494.png (489x368, 247K)

Rem ember meee

I actually really liked that twist. Sold me on considering it one of Pixar's best movies.

he never really did anything to earn Miguel's trust, Miguel just made a lot of assumptions about Ernesto's trustworthiness

even before the twist, there were plenty of hints that Ernesto wasn't actually as great as Miguel thought he was.

I get it. But it was such a cheap way to fix the main conflict.

fuck man the more i think about it the more disappointing it is.

This. I remember the problems the Green Lantarn CGI show had, because it didn't have black & white morality. There's a comic about it but I can't find it.

By the main conflict do you mean Miguel wanting to be a musician but his family not wanting him to?

If so it was necessary. De la Cruz was kind of an asshole and Hector literally did nothing wrong.

At least he's a better antagonist than the Elito Bandito was in the Book of Life

To be fair, it's kind of hard to resolve "yeah I walked out on my wife and infant daughter to be a musician and they never heard from me again" without some kind of extenuating circumstances.

But hector existed because Cruz was suppose to be the villain.

when he started playing the guitar I realized what was going to happen and all i could think of is how they could have made him the other side of trying to reach your dreams even against your families wishes.

like Hector being the side of having no one and failing and realized it's not just that easy and how important family support is.

Use the catalog, retard.

>Deus Ex's premise already had a good conflict with augmentation becoming so common place that it's unofficially a requirement for finding work, while at the same time an eternal debt as people need to maintain and upgrade to keep their edge. Followed with the resentment of those who chose to keep themselves 'pure' or just can't afford it.

>Instead they just cram in some silly plot about the monopoly of an anti-rejection drug and focus entirely on that because 'mah conspiracy'.

More Sup Forums but I know how OP feels about forced shit like that.

Attached: deus-ex-human-revolution-4-470x310@2x[1].jpg (940x620, 87K)

dropped the movie at that point. also the movie was kinda shitty anyway and mexican accents are fucking annoying (no offense)

The augmentation angle was always kind of dumb from the get go. In the first game the only people who had Aug's were military personal and the super elite and it was seen as more so part for defense and warfare.

HR/MD tried to push this idea that all augs are the future and everyone needs it to survive but when you really think about it, they are fairly unnecessary or downright useless for 90% of the general public.

and aparently very easy to hack

One thing I did like was that they went all the way with him being that. He was going to kill Miguel fully believing he was his grandson

>HR/MD tried to push this idea that all augs are the future and everyone needs it to survive but when you really think about it, they are fairly unnecessary or downright useless for 90% of the general public.

maybe that was for hr but in md it was augs are black people expect for your main mc because apparently he's a token to his people.

Mind altering augs make sense to me. Kind of like how people, especially college students, are getting more and more addicted to adderal. It's getting to the point where it's almost too hard to compete against someone who's on it.

>it was dumb but i agree if they are going to use a shitty trope why not go all the way.

who cares about the shit plot, the music is tight

Studies are actually showing non prescription adderall users have mostly the same or worse performance than non users if you compile an average throughout the year regrading labs amd assignments and not specific tests. They do have a way higher chance of burning out tho.

so it dosen't help?

>Only white american actor in the movie
>Plays the villain
What could it possibly mean?

you should really look up Ernesto's voice actor and not make assumptions based on names

>But hector existed because Cruz was suppose to be the villain.
I don't think that's right?

it means you're an utter idiot

Attached: MV5BMTUwNDIwOTI5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcwMjQyNg@@._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 15K)

>tfw his voice actor accidentally revealed the plot twist during the red carpet
Thanks Marco Antonio Solis

You're welcome, corazon

Attached: marco-antocio-solis[1].jpg (1200x800, 310K)

If you fucked up anf need to cram, it can help. Constant long term use will fuck you up badly but you won't notice.

I found it:
io9.gizmodo.com/green-lantern-producers-comic-explains-why-animation-fo-1563036007

Because Disney movies need a crappy 2-Dimensional villain for the kids to hate instead of having the main conflict in this case just being between Miguel and Hector, or Hector and Imelda.

> Hector literally did nothing wrong.

I mean, he DID still leave Imelda when she didn't want him to, he just relented later.

>mfw people still drop their pants over everything Pixar makes

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-08-06h24m21s334.png (640x480, 247K)

man that just seems rough.

oh i agree, it's the best Pixar movie of the decade.

What are your thoughts? Could Ernestro have been a "good" guy?

Ernesto didn't necessarily need to be a murderous villain, he would've worked fine as a callous asshole who crushes Miguel's dreams

But that's not a bad thing.

I thought it also had to deal with GL toys not selling after the dumpster fire that the movie was.

And the runner of CN being a moron.
It was so good.

I mean yeah, a story about how he tried to reach back but it was already to late. Or maybe have him be a sad character. Fucking honestly? I thought he had his concert each year on that day because he was alone, That could have been a great reveal, about how it's important to reach your dream but also as important to have people you love.
Anything, just not a shitty trope.

>Coco ends with Hector and Ernestro reconciling and him being made a part of the Rivera family
Would have been pretty good

Stop expecting too much from children's movies and just enjoy it for what it is.

Even kids have some taste you know.