Rick and Morty

It’s over

Attached: 76A65A53-25D6-4D3A-A72F-4A7CB7B9602D.jpg (640x665, 277K)

Roflcoptor dab.

Attached: Leo-Da-Vinci-Mission-Mona-Lisa-new-International-posterjpg-2.jpg (280x410, 39K)

You're a sad, obsessed individual

Kek

NOooooo!!! This was the most intellectual show on television!!! It's not fair!!!!

Season 3 saw almost double the ratings from season 1 and 2. Female writers made that happen. Removing the chauvinistic pigs was the right choice

Lmao I’m not obsessed over this show I’m just saying that it’s over

Eh, more like the announcement of female writers did that.

They will make a season 4. It's their most succesful show.

Some facts I'd like to state here.

1. Rick and Morty has always been an enjoyable entertaining show and remains so even through season three. The contrarians who rail against it because it became too popular and the fedorah 2.0s who praise it as the next Big Bang Theory ( muh intellectual tv) and the heavy handed liberal show runners who virtue signal about writer diversity do not change this fact. Only you allow these factors to determine whether you can enjoy this show for what it is or not.

2. The female writers have little to no apparent impact on the show's quality or direction since the show is no more political or nihilistically progressive than it's ever been and many of the episodes haters can't get over in season 3 had little if any involvement from said female writers in the first place. The fact that the female writers and Dan Harmond are used interchangeably as scapegoats for the same alleged problems with the show just further illustrates how vacuous and nebulous these claims are.

I wish we have more female writers.

That way in the future, they can no longer be used to shield a show's quality.

Based on what Dan Harmon has tweeted, it sounds like the show hasnt been renewed yet because he's done fuck all on it because of his "depression" or whatever the fuck.

No, there is a clear and obvious decline in quality and a lack of solid leadership and direction in the show. What once had coherent plots and strong characterizations now is a joke video with Old Asshole, Little Asshole, Female Asshole, Funny Alcoholic Female Asshole, Jerry, and disgusting stupid absurd normal people.

Deflecting criticism over people targeting the drunk and his pool of ready victims is stupid. Because being a show runner the lack of any consistency is his fault. Dan Harmon I would say is majorly at fault for forcing the show into an unchangeable status quo, 'event' episode like Cable and Paintball, and the slowly blander and blander, b-but more outrageous! characters, the exact same issue that hit Community in the middle of the second season.

Correct. Hear hear.

This, a lot of feminists weren't watching the show solely due to the "Sausage Fest" in the writers room, which is why they even did the diversity hire anyway, because they were being vocal that they weren't going to watch without a female group on the team.

Is that true? Because I completely dropped R&M half way through season 2. It just reached a point where I had gotten sick of the humor, and the characters in general.

Good hope he dies of depression

The abundance of shitting on Jerry and even calling him sexist and/or racist, and that entire beth episode were certainly the cause of the females. Plus we had to deal with muh badass summer, who in the brain erasers episode at the end was grating as fuck.

>Endlessly laud S3 of Rick and Morty for the decision to increase female staff
>"It'll expand ideas! The plot can go on!"
>Becomes rapidly apparent instead that the show ran out of ideas faster than ever
>"I-it has nothing to do with the writing staff. Stop being bigots! Shut it down!"
I'm certain that Sup Forums, being as allied as it is, will do everything it can to pretend the two are unrelated. But had the season been anything short of mediocre, it would have been lauded further. Better write it off as a coincidence, can't have people thinking women aren't funny, can we?

>some facts
And..... Opinion discarded, as much as I don't like doing that. I like this show, too - but don't treat your views completely as if it were FACT, as it makes you look foolish, please and thank you.

This show would be so much better if Dan and his diiversity hires were kicked off the show and blacklisted for their lack of skills and proper conduct. Even if just IMHO, too, again - unlike you treating your views as FACT - a foolish move, which be FACT itself.

Take care.

I think Roiland wants to distance himself from Harmon as soon as possible.

Season 3 was bound to get more viewers because people caught onto Rick and Morty and made it a giant meme after Season 2. I would walk into malls and hear people ask when Season 3 was happening.

I feel like season 3 was the season where the show believed it's own hype and got tedious. There was an over reliance on gore instead of humor. I don't know why adult cartoons do this so much, but gore is funny when it's shocking, not when it's blood baths the entire way like Pickle Rick or the Vindicators. Not to mention the third season was way too cynical and liked to keep hammering the point of there is not god or afterlife because that's what the cool kids do now a days.

"NAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS!!!!"

At least it only overstayed its welcome by one season.

Attached: 1414103448642.gif (500x390, 3.1M)

no wonder
only 9000+ iq people could enjoy this show

>Dan, its over

Attached: erin3.jpg (1000x563, 76K)

""2.5"" years is a long time
first episode was good though, you can see the impact of holes after that

>create a perfect show free from the harmful influence of women
>add women
>ruin show
What did he meme by this?

Oh well

Attached: GF_darlene_drider.png (887x498, 618K)

There is nothing wrong with hiring female writers. There is nothing wrong with bitching about female writers.

There is so much wrong with hiring writers because they are female. There is so much wrong with bitching about writers because they are female.

>Female writers made that happen
lol no
people telling their friends to watch it over and over made that happen

>Some facts
>posts opinions
Never change, Sup Forums.

>One
That's a funny way of writing three.

Who this QT?

The show was never funny. It never deserved season two, let alone three.

Attached: feelsgoodman.jpg (216x233, 9K)

Pig

I heard some of the """""""female"""""' writers were trannies
I guess you got the reason there

That was all Harmon

season 3 was shit mostly to the divorce plot taking over the show, thanks to harmon.
HOWEVER, the pickle rick episode was penned by a woman, and that is by far the worst episode of the season because of how fucking obnoxious it is.

>it hasn't been renewed yet
>that means it's cancelled

Did Sup Forums just become retarded or something?

you know what else is wrong? virtue signalling on a fucking anonymous website you cunt.

>using pol meme words to make a argument
Disregarded

Erin McGathy, his wife between late 2014 - late 2015

So like... one year basically. He changed his vanity card and shit to reflect the fact that he was sad and divorced.

Wow, I just realized Dan Harmon is COOL

The only time I noticed the writing was "female" was during the vindicators episode and rick is defusing the bomb and morty starts to nag Rick in such a petty, bitchy way. Just a good 20 seconds of straight bitching that ends with "even when your right it doesn't matter cuz nobody likes you."
Like yeah gals, I'm sure The Patriarchy, I mean Rick, had no idea people didn't like him. You sure got him! We did it ladies! We stripped down the chauvinist, super-intellectual male power fantasy. Yasssssss queen slaaaaaay

Attached: 1515849227191.png (397x321, 222K)

I honestly don't think there's a better image in the universe that explains Rick and Morty's downfall than this one

Attached: did you get any of that.jpg (2048x2048, 276K)

>I don't have an retort so I better call up da boogeyman Sup Forums
just stop preaching you colossal faggot, it's annoying as shit seeing inane shit like that on facebook, no one is gonna pat you on the back for being a "good one". it's cringey and bring down the website as a whole.

Has the inclusion of Dan Harmon ever been a positive?

Every time I see this, I have to think "why?"

Like I get changing your vanity card to represent a life change, but to detail it out to the point where the message is basically "i'm a depressed, divorced alcoholic" is sad. You know he probably made that diorama himself and chose to litter the scene with bottles

Man, it was even worse if you watched Harmonquest. He just kept talking about the fact that he and McGathy were divorced for like... the first half of season 2. It sucked to watch

Community Season 5

Holy shit
At least he hit that. Shes fine as hell

>a cuck
>hit that
choose one

>Harmonquest
Fuck this shitshow. My girlfriend loves it and thinks Dan is HI-larious.

>replying to yourself
SAD!

>doesn't look happy in either.

Speaks volumes on its own

The only thing I'll be upset about is not seeing how evil morty turned out in the end

Other then that I'm glad it ended before going all zombie

We already have a thread dedicated to this.

Attached: D2C58BD4-2215-4129-8D43-054F74DBDFB7.jpg (433x1180, 480K)

Yeah good point better yet let me go make thread #596 about how hiring female writers directly caused the downfall of a show that I'll insist was never good in the first place and everything is the TORtanic boy I can't wait for the next disaster. Drown, you gibbering parrot.

Wasn't their about as much shit flinging about s3 not happening, and yet it did? Either way I don't get why you faggots obsess over this show so much; s1 was mediocre at best. Do you just like attach yourself to things with annoying fanbases just to complain about them?

I'm still utterly unconvinced we have a definite answer either way

I never thought I'd live long enough to see another invader zim tier show kill itself in my life time.

Attached: images.jpg (96x96, 2K)

Dan Harmon only hired women so that he could rape them. You are the far-righter chauvinistic pic like any leftist that defends Islam.

wasn't there also some bullshit about mike lazzo getting called out by the creator of bojack horseman on why he doesn't adult swim doesn't have any female show writers or something?

Wouldn't ATHF be that for them?

It must be nice having a vagina you can bring to interviews to guarantee you a job.

Attached: nice goat.jpg (261x173, 13K)

I know that feel bro
My GF is all about HarmonTown. Sometimes she'll play it on her phone where I can hear it and it is terrible.
Especially now that they have no audience it's just sad.

Attached: 1519711372408.jpg (1036x1469, 335K)

Women ruin everything (writing-wise) so the show's done for. It's been on a decline since since (((Dan Harmon))) got females into the writing.

was the female-utopia episode in the female era?

>If I scream virtue signaling I don't have to address the argument!

Not him but I'll address the argument, I'll dislike whatever I please for whatever reason I want, fuck you thought police

To be fair, you need a very high IQ to fuck up your own career by being a piece of shit to everyone around you, get publicly assblasted about McDonalds trying to salvage something from a forced meme about shitty old sauce that you created, deeply inconveniencing them for months, getting your wife to hate you so much that she sleeps with someone else and then divorces you (but still make her part of your new show where she flirts with guest stars while sitting next to you), and then top if off by playing the victim afterwards.

Attached: rick meme.jpg (298x298, 24K)

How do you become this much of an overdramatic faggot?

The female utopia was show to be a cruel unfeeling society. The episode was ultimately criticising matriarchy

ITT retards don't know the difference between "cancelled" and "not yet renewed"

Attached: VATS.png (428x456, 240K)

>MUH FEMALE WRITERS
This isn't a Sup Forums thread, user.

Is this pasta

Rick and Morty is produced in two-season runs. Season 4 is finished, 'in the can'. 'Season 4' and 'Season 3' were the same production run. Most likely Season 5 and 6 have been in production ever since that time (which is to say, being written).

There's still Steven Universe.

Correlation =/= causation
I imagine this has more to do with Harmon's obnoxious behavior and lack of respect for his producers.

It's probably just my imagination but they did shit on Jerry even harder in season 3. And not in a funny "raped by space bugs" way. In a "Rick just sits there and says Jerry's terrible for a minute".

Attached: 1504814777806.jpg (632x1952, 211K)

chauvinistic for what exactly?

you mean like what you're doing?

I felt it was obvious in that scene where Jerry loses his unemployment check and hears the wind whisper LOOOOOOOOSER, no man would ever make that joke.

What the heck? This entire thread is blanked out for me!

I have an IQ of 120! I should be able to read this thread about Rick and Morty!

Sorry man you forgot to collect 200 IQ points after passing GO, you no longer reach the minimum requirement

I love monopoly.

>this thread
Dan Harmon is to blame for all of this, really. He can write but he can't do anything else.

>Pickle Rick is the key to all of this. Because he's a funnier character than we've ever had in any of the episodes before.

Attached: index.php?q=oKipp7eAc2Sho7adv-DZ3Z6TpNKfgt_nu9bP2rGu1d6Yqr3NZaGhpHh4dqNuZGWmf5eWlZWdqqKMoZnOm2W4gZFn (400x400, 34K)

Eric Andre pulls the most ratings Daily reminder every episode of World Peace beat their highest rated show every premiere ;)

This a million fucking times.

>calling anyone sad when they themselves are posting on Sup Forums

Can we drop this pretense? It's transparent.

Did you just assume my parents' gender???

>Sup Forums

I meant Sup Forums, which frankly just highlights and underscores the overall point I'm making.

I went to a mall for the first time in years and they had audio of episode clips of it playing in the background at Spencers/Hot Topic. I forgot which on, since they were so similar it was legit hard to tell. At the other one they were playing RWBY.

he's lying out his ass, it was nearly double for the two episodes that aired after the announcement that they hired on a bunch of female writers, then it dipped lower than 1 or 2 for the rest of the season. Didn't help that the pickle meme episode had one of the writers self-inserting as the therapist in order to "take down" Beth and Rick from their perceived high horses.

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.BLziXKpeICtPinDQ7kpqrQHaEK%26pid%3D15.1&f=1.jp (474x266, 15K)

>the people who brag about their gfs on Sup Forums are forced to bear a retarded woman

lmao

That's quite the unfortunate still frame to crop out.

Attached: QuiteUnfortunate.png (474x266, 128K)