According to Milestone's official facebook Icon...

According to Milestone's official facebook Icon, Rocket and Static will be in Ricanstruction: Reminiscing and Rebuilding Puerto Rico. Denys Cowan is going to be working on so maybe he's the reason why they are in it.

Attached: milestone helping puerto rico.jpg (492x498, 59K)

Who is Rocket?

>Not knowing who best girl is
She Icon's sidekick. She's from Milestone. She's been in the Young Justice cartoon. She's a awesome character.

Attached: rocketmyj1.png (500x600, 578K)

>mfw for a moment I thought it was Rocket Raccoon
Anyway, tell me more about this Borinquena. Is she like America Chavez?

Attached: elf2.jpg (256x352, 17K)

wait, wait is that suppose to be America?

For those who wants info for this:

>Puerto Rican superhero La Borinqueña will team up with the likes of Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman and more in Ricanstruction: Reminiscing & Rebuiliding Puerto Rico, a 200-page anthology to raise money for the people of Puerto Rico. The cover sees La Borinqueña standing side-by-side with Wonder Woman, and it’s illustrated by Tony Daniel, Danny Miki and Tomeu Morey.

>“I wanted to inspire people, to share stories about the island and to help rebuild,” Edgardo Mirdanda-Rodriguez, La Borinqueña’s creator told the New York Times. The project will bring together comic book creators and celebrities from across the world, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to different charities like the Brooklyn-based nonprofit El Puente, which supplies food and clothing to Puerto Rico.

>Some of the stories found in the anthology include “The Brave and the Boricua,” featuring Batman and written by Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez and illustrated by Ron Salas and Romulo Fajardo; “La Borinqueña,” written by Rosario Dawson and David Atchison, and illustrated by Gus Vazquez and Lee Loughridge; “Today, Yesterday, and Tomorrow,” featuring Supergirl and written and illustrated by Will Rosado, with colors by Gabo; and “Superman and La Borinqueña,” illustrated by Ken Lashley and Lovern Kindzierski.

>Writers and artists providing stories for the anthology include Gail Simone, Greg Pak, Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan, Tony Daniel, Ken Lashley, Bill Sienkiewicz, Yanick Paquette, Gabby Rivera, Will Rosado, Jorge Jimenez, Mike Allred, Chris Sotomayor and more.

>Ricanstruction: Reminiscing and Rebuilding Puerto Rico is priced at $19.99 and goes on sale May 23

Whoops forgot the cover

Attached: Ricanstruction-FinalCover.jpg (2062x3148, 783K)

No it's La Borinqueña

wow great character design you got there, DC, let's just make Gambit a black teenager
great job guys

Do comics ever depict Puerto Ricans as white? Or closer to white than this chick? The only Puerto Rican characters I can think of Start at America brown and range darker instead of any being white like most of the population.

>La Borinqueña
What's next, El Chicano? The Pinoy? Le Quebecois?

Does La Borinqueña have a comic series ? I haven't seen anything about her since she was created in 2016.

Attached: La Borinquena by Des Taylor.png (778x1102, 1.16M)

SPEAK ENGLISH ON Sup Forums YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS

Well I mean she is a Puerto Rican superhero, so being irrelevant is pretty in-character for her

Eh, people like to copy success.

>, Gabby Rivera,

Attached: bop37.jpg (152x236, 15K)

Hi again, Ladderbro.

They already gave us "El Gaucho". And he speaks like a peronist in this panel.

Attached: Aijuna con la loguna!.jpg (455x479, 33K)

DC is jealous of America massive success and created it´s own caliente brown skin female latina superhero.

Attached: holy_menstruation.png (393x358, 218K)

>Gambit
Who?

La Borinqueña isn't DC she's from another company .

>Gabby Rivera
>nah the can't be true user is messing with me
>it's the CBR article

Attached: 1521393598290.jpg (403x368, 48K)

Pathetic DC using a tragedy to try and get more readers

You should be fucking ashamed

>Gabby Rivera
And once again you go and hire marvel's unwanted trash

Not seeing a trenchcoat, and her tights don't have a weird pseudo-armor look to them. So nope, not a Gambit copy.

Despite the meme, pinoys arent actually the asian mexicans. We dont give a shit about representation in your political environment. Most of us dont even give a shit about your comics, beyond the MCU movies.

Why?

Who the fuck is Gambit???

I wonder if they're going to wear they're reboot costumes .

Attached: icon rocket m 2.0.jpg (688x1044, 1.01M)

>MCU movies
Why are you a coprophage?

Attached: LaBorinquena_Store1.jpg (1399x637, 1.06M)

As a boricua who went through Maria...I hope it's an anthology about these characters coming into contact with Puerto Rican culture or the island in their adventures. I'd rather not have people who didn't go through it or see the aftermath first hand writing hurricane Maria stories.

>gaby rivera

Goddamn motherfucking shit show me cago en la madre que la parió puñeta pendeja falsa que ni habla español

Attached: 00055.gif (269x200, 183K)

Don't lie, this guarantees you'll be at least looking at Sup Forums for a storytime of whatever she writes in that comic.

Oh you just now realized DC is pathetically ripping off Based Marvel in a desperate attempt to stave off bankruptcy for a few more months?

Attached: dc-comics-dark-matter-promo.jpg (825x464, 135K)

Why not? She kept Marvel relevant.

>Gabby Rivera,
>MI GENTE! Intensifies

>Gabby Rivera

Attached: 123.png (540x568, 445K)

If he was he would have said DC movies

>phoneposting
I know who's hiding behind this butthurt.

That's a good edit. Please tell me that's an edit.

Why do Americans need to raise money to help Americans recovering from a disaster?
That's literally the job of the government.

I'm digging that Icon suit completely. He needs that version.

Shhhhh

>MUH PATRIA

Attached: ricky.jpg (960x960, 46K)

The government isn't doing their job to help Puerto Rico so Americans have to help Americans.

>"La Borinqueña,” written by Rosario Dawson
>Rosario Dawson
... What.

No all americans are created equal.

These Americans on the island for example, don't even have the right to vote. It's not like their a group that has the power to effect change in the government if they feel unaided.

>superior chest and tiara paired with subpar boots and unsatisfying skirt.

Man, after 70 years they could have nailed WW's design. Also, what happened to puerto rico? did the Clinton fundation rob another country?

DC ran out of brown people

It's not it's real.

Last anthology DC did was with IDW to help raise funds for the shooting that happened in Orlando IIRC in that book the actor Matt Bomer wrote a story. I guess it's normal for this charity books to have at least one famous person write something

>DC ripping off Marvel
>Despite the fact that Rebirth saved DC while Marvel fell screaming in flames from SJW pandering
>Marvel's plan is to relaunch again as part of their ongoing damage control

I don't even regret answering this bait, faggot.

>Marvel doesn't participate because they don't give a fuck
Sad.

Attached: LaBorinquena_No1_Pg3.jpg (1987x3056, 3.65M)

while I enjoy the second cover, they are all kinda boring.

also it triggers me you cant see the cape attached to any part of her costume

you know it's not

As far as Marvel is concerned NYC is the entirety of space time and it's got news, Irish Italians and some blacks in a place harlem.

>LaBorinquena
I'm pretty sure there's an actual meaning to this name but for someone like me who doesnt speak the language, it just looks like its saying "the boring queen"

why is she yelling 'It!' or 'That!' Can we please stop inyecting foreign words in otherwise normal english when someone not of an english country speak?

and why is a kid wearing a dr Doom mask?

>dat feel when your phone changes jews to news

Attached: 865r8g6h.png (408x437, 273K)

From Borinquen. Indigenous name for Puerto Rico.

>Americans spend 2.6 trillion in Iraq
>can't feed a fucking island next door

It's not even Spanish.

It's the name the taino people indigenous to the island had for the island.

>Literally mi gente

While wearing green clothes. I think that's a little Doom clone growing up in the DCU to put an end to that kind of shit.

No idea who that is, and I am not saying it is a good thing but it's not exactly hard to see why a company would do it.

Iraq has oil though

So... it's like Captain America was named... the Newyorkean. Or Bartroq as The French.

I guess that's why the named El Dorado like that in Superfriends

The taino people name the island the boring queen? Why?

I speak two languages and I can assure you a dont mix them in casual conversation like that unless I dont know how to say a word, in that case use synonims.

This stupid comics trend must be purged

Yes because obviously the government has seen a return on their investment in trillions of dollars worth of crude oil, so it all worked out in the end.

Puerto Rico wishes it was a actual country, so other latin countries would stop laughing at their de facto colonial status. Puerto Rico is Bizarro Cuba.

Attached: CubaPuertoRicoflags.jpg (512x519, 39K)

I too am watching Daniel Bryan's return user

Thanks Obamacare for that...

>it's okay when Marvel does it
>it's not okay when DC does it

Attached: squadronsupremeomnibus-squadronsupreme1.jpg (1024x798, 266K)

Attached: 1348327329511.gif (320x240, 1.91M)

Boricua independence when?

I'm the Government~ I'm the Government~ I'm the reason nothing works~!

Wait. Are these special cover or trades? I hope if normal floppies they donate the money.

Please.

Instead of direct rule those other countries get puppet dictatorships installed by the US. They wish they had it that good, without the civil wars and rebellions crafted by the CIA.

Every 4 years in the Olympics

Attached: monica-puig-pictures.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

When pigs fly.

Sadly never because having a US passport is too convenient. A half of the Puerto Rican population lives on the US mainland

>spoiler
The ultimate test for the Rebirth Magic meme

they don't have the fucking money to stand on their own

>Puerto Ricans
>Chocolate brown skin

Come on, unless your directly from/come from the Island or have black ancestry a majority of Puerto Ricans have lighter skin like heavily milked coffee.

t. heavily milked coffee skinned Nuyorican

Puertx Ricx must be so proud

Not in this time. Back than you could do that, but now to try to leach popularity and dont come up with a new idea is just bland.
You can see over time how the perception changed. Deadpool was somehow criticised to be an amalgamation of Spiderman and Deadshot just 10 years later as Squadron Supreme. And now even Marvel, maybe more their writers, changed Squadron Supreme to be not a JLA copycat anymore.

user I...

Attached: 4d540da2246ff5209ab8ab36652f407339b400986c08d635e385d812a1e146f5.jpg (896x349, 31K)

>Gabby Rivera

Didn't she recently impersonate a Supreme Court Judge?

Attached: It's a typo, OMG.png (641x788, 94K)

STICC and THICC

Attached: so happy.png (1437x1261, 1.32M)

I'm FROM the island. Not brown at all.

With my english people don't know im not white until I tell them. It's about expectation. If the character looks like Hal Jordan they'll say he can't be puertorrican.

>A literal Quirky Rican.
Blech!

Attached: 1513763670899.gif (200x270, 1.12M)

Yeah but those countries by and large have a much higher standard of living than Puerto Rico

haha. no. 100% not allowed.

Not most, not at all. And it depends where in the country you live, Latin American countries have huge economic inequality.

Have you even been? What do you think Puerto Rico is like? Ever been to Honduras? Or El Salvador?

any latino anons here? do you guys have an official country superhero?

Attached: deadpool walk.png (300x379, 178K)

Dude, its charity

>Icon, Rocket and Static
Finally in comics again.

Closest thing Puerto Rico has seen. Featured in a newspaper strip for years.

Attached: s-l500.jpg (386x500, 53K)

Thank god for the Internet. Now I can read my hate fuel with out paying these hacks a cent.

how new are you?
Rosa been working the nerd prom circuit since the Kevin Smith days... maybe even longer than that.

Attached: occult-crimes-taskforce.jpg (600x924, 159K)

>the nerd prom circuit
I’ve been reading comics for 20 years and never once heard this expression.