GOTG 2

I rewatched this movie on Netflix today. Why is it so fucking kino? Like for real it's an actual movie with actual character-building, well-done themes, and a compelling villain. It feels like a different franchise from almost any other MCU film.

Favorite scene by far is the one where Ego tells Peter what happened to his mother, probably closely followed by the final Ego-Peter confrontation.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 4.29.49 PM.png (908x384, 488K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yondu recovering his arrow and going on a killing spree is the most satisfying scene.

The things I would do to Mantis...

Attached: Mantis_(Earth-199999)_from_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol._2_(film)_002.jpg (556x915, 111K)

Probably my favorite MCU movie.
I watched it with my two sisters, in cinema and they both cried at the end.

>I'M MARY POPPINS YALL
Yondu was based is this movie

They better keep the relationship between Sar-Lord and Gamora alive. I'm really, really tired of those love stories that always fail because...huh...reasons.

lol why? Self-inserting a little too hard into the manchild protag and angry you can't vicariously be rewarded with a girlfriend?

It’s a 5/10 movie, you shit-eating ape

>Favorite scene by far is the one where Ego tells Peter what happened to his mother

And what happens 2 seconds later? DAVID HASSELHOFF! LMAO!!!! epic reference!!!

And that Pac-man thing, come on, the movie is trash

>I PUT POOP IN YOUR PILLOW XD
>PAC-MAN XD
>MARY POPPIN YAH XD
>YOU ARE EMBARRASSED XD
>OW MY NIPPLES! XD
It was Meme Garbage.

If you want REAL Kino then go watch Logan.

/thread

This. Reddit and Tumblr overhyping a mediocre briefest (again).

You can tell Gamora is Peter's forever girl
Which'll make it more tragic when she bites the dust in Infinity War

Attached: 1-441b95f7b1.gif (500x200, 3.95M)

Drax was so poorly written that he became a living ''HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!OH NO! OH NONONONO!!!'' poster

Shit on it all you want, I just fucking love the style of the GOTG films.

God yes.

>Which'll make it more tragic

shut the fuck up, Marlel movies have never made a single decent dramatic scene.

I think that they have made like 6 movies trying to bring drama regarding the parents of the main characters, it doesn't even feel genuine anymore.

>Shit on it all you want, I have shit-taste!
Good for you, you special little boy.

>I just fucking love the style of the GOTG films.

Yes, marvel tards have the worst taste, what else is new?

Like this for example, that scene was terrible because we have to pretend that out of all the people in

Go home and kill yourself until you stop using that word

But user! The talking Raccoon made a sad speech at the end! That means he’s like super deep and shit! (just like my Rick and Morty!)! That poorly acted/written speech makes up for all the poop and nipple jokes!

>Like this for example, that scene was terrible because we have to pretend that out of all the people in...
the scene, nobody was able to shot the guy literally standing there doing nothing.

sorry, autopost

Guardians of the Galaxy? More like Memedians of the Maymay!

I like the build-up to that more.
>You look like Mary Poppins
>Is he cool?
>Hell yeah he's cool.
It wasn't like he was egging him on and having fun with making him identify with a female british child caretaker, he clearly wanted to tell Yondu that he was cool despite the conversation starting as a joke.

>never made a single decent dramatic scene.

..?
How do you want me to counter that? Post a bunch of scenes non-Sup Forums autists liked?
>because I'm with you...till the end of the line.
>did you know?
>he may have been your father, but he wasn't your daddy.
You know you're wrong but here's your oh so juicy (You).

Attached: o9iu8l9Yps1vtngjno.gif (500x200, 731K)

I like the GotG movies but yeah, every scene with Yondu going full arrow massacre requires the mooks to just stand there and take it. I thought it was worse in the first one, at least in the second one there was a commotion going on.

You don't even deserve an explanation

>>he may have been your father, but he wasn't your daddy.

''too bad for those thousands of kids that I got killed before you, but now I'm a good guy!''

Try: Try again.

Gunn has a good handle on comedy. Each character has their own personality in his dialogue, unlike Whedon. And unlike Whedon, he's able to mix them up.
It's a much better film than the first one, probably because the Comics Writer Committe was disbanded by the time Gunn got to work on it.
Sperg out over Hasselhoff all you want, it's still a well executed scene that actually accomplishes its goal. He could've made it like Lex's jar of piss or the transition into heroic triumphant music from a sobbing Peter Quill, but he didn't.

>>You look like Mary Poppins
>Disney is about to release a Mary Poppins movie.

I bet they only made the reference to try to make Mary Poppins relevant again.

If disney was able to advertise A wrinkle in time during the Oscar's, anything is possible.

>Sperg out over Hasselhoff all you want, it's still a well executed scene that actually accomplishes its goal.

What goal? Having a dramatic moment ruined by a dumb joke because they were too affraid of having the audience sperg about sad things happening, ever?

>He could've made it like Lex's jar of piss or the transition

Now that was meant to be a joke.

Now tell us to buy our Porg dolls, Shill.

It's nice and has nice scenes but it just feels too disjointed, and certain characters get completely fucked in terms of things to do.
Like, the fuck did Drax do in this movie? He shot one ship and then got his ass kicked the rest of the movie.
Groot still being a baby just smacks of merchandising.
A lot of the jokes just weren't funny.
Like the whole Taserface thing.
The entirety of Yondu' s subplot is just dumb. Why is he just now getting shit for stuff he did more than a decade ago?
Why the fuck is Sylvester Stallone in this movie? Why were all of his scenes absurdly awkward?
Why are we supposed to care about the Sovereign and more importantly Adam Warlock when it's very clear they play no part in the Infinity Gauntlet story, or Thanos in general?

If they cut out a bunch of superfluous bullshit and gave more screentime to Peter and Ego, the movie would have gone from a 6/10 to an 8/10.

Yeah and they made Ultron reference Pinocchio because of the Pinocchio movie that was released in 2013... wait...
A single reference doesn't make Mary Poppins relevant again.

>. Each character has their own personality in his dialogue

Each character was ''the funny one'', eat shit.

........And we are back to name calling

He sacrifices himself to literally save the universe. I don't know what kind of redemption you want.

People actually liked this?

It was so boring.

>A single reference doesn't make Mary Poppins relevant again.

It doesn't make it relevant again but clearly they were trying to do just that.

You know, by making one of the biggest dramatic moments in the movie into a reference for an upcoming Disney movie.

Nice try, now try: Try again.

I think the Russos are the only ones who so far managed to make movies without akward or weird jokes inserted in tense moments.

That said the stuff with Yondu didn't work so good for me because in the first movie he comes off as harsh and pretty antagonistic towards Peter, we even get from Peter that he was cruel. Then all of a sudden in Vol 2 he's a father figure and he taught Peter how to shoot?

>He sacrifices himself to literally save the universe

That means that all the children that he basically helped to kill don't count anymore

It was over-rated shot. Black Panther was better.

It’s funny because he literally tries to KILL Peter and Gamora. But I guess we’re suppose to forget about that because “LE MARY POPPINS YALL”.

Drax gets to be humanized through Mantis way more than he was in the first movie, where he was mostly a stoic brute until he made a speech late about how he likes the guardians. Not to excuse his autismo jokes.

>Why is he just now getting shit for stuff he did more than a decade ago?
It's implied other ravagers have been keeping him distant the whole time. Hence why they don't appear in the 1st.

I actually thought Sly did good work here. Most of what he was doing was building Ravagers lore and referencing the original GOTG team, so if you don't care about that stuff it's useless, but I found it glorious.

I'd say it's my favorite MCU movie, lots of fun weird visuals, a good villain, nice character moments. It's got a clarity to the script that most of the MCU lacks, you can tell they mostly let James Gunn do what he wants.

>kino
Is it that hard to stay in your own fucking board?

I literally just gave you an example of another movie doing the same thing that wasn't used for promotion.
You try, you haven't yet.

Yes, it does mean exactly that. Saving literally everyone else supercedes that.

I agree. After I saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2™ I was literally cheering and clapping at every scene. It was almost as good as Star Wars The Last Jedi™. Both movies made me want to go to my local WalMart and buy some Baby Groot™ and Porg™ Plushies.

I for one can’t wait to take them with me the next time I visit Disneyland.

Yondu thought he was just bringing children to their father and making a fortune from it, he stopped when he caught on to what Ego was doing.
>thousands of kids that I got killed
sauce? I don't see any reason to believe Ego wouldn't have more guys doing it for him. It'd be pretty retarded if Yondu by himself filled that cave. For all we know, he only brought a couple. And no one is saying Yondu isn't a piece of shit, but a piece of shit can still love.

>Try again
>literally two quotes before that one
mkay

He was harsh and cruel but you do get the sense that there's something there.

Attached: yondu-smile.webm (960x540, 1.65M)

>Yes, it does mean exactly that.
then you are as retarded as they get if you think that.
Yondu was an asshole and 3 seconds of a dramatic moment doesn't take away from the fact that he is a child murderer.

>I literally just gave you an example of another movie doing the same thing that wasn't used for promotion.

One line was just a random line among so many others.

the other was a reference for an upcoming disney movie used during the climax of the movie.

Are you as retarded as the ''killing thousands of children can be forgiven'' idiot?

>Yondu thought he was just bringing children to their father and making a fortune from it, he stopped when he caught on to what Ego was doing.

so I have to believe that Yondu was a literal retard?

''Yes, I'm kidnapping hundreds of kids from their homes, but I'm pretty sure that Ego sends to to a land filled with candy and toys!''

>I don't see any reason to believe Ego wouldn't have more guys doing it for him. It'd be pretty retarded if Yondu by himself filled that cave

Ego didn't said that he had other guys doing that and he had no reason to not say that.

>he had no reason to not say that.
And no reason to say that

And why should he go to the conclusion that he's slaughtering them? A father wants his children, on the surface there's nothing nefarious about that. Yondu probably never gave it any thought, and why should he? He's not pretending to be a good thoughtful guy. But the fact he flat out stopped when he somehow found out speaks volumes. He could've kept making easy fortunes if he just did not care.

>Oh btw Peter, Yondu wasn't the only one delivering kids. That should be obvious by the sheer number of corpses in my basement, and the fact it would make no sense to only hire that one guy, but there's confirmation for spergs on Sup Forums.
-natural dialogue

>MUH COMIC MUBIES HAVE TO BE UBER SERIOUS AND DRAMA CANT BE DONE WITH COMEDY.
stay mad

man i really liked logan that movie is really manly but the drama of guardians was better built to the point that gotg vol 2 almost made me cry unlike logan

>And no reason to say that

If the movie didn't said anything about other person doing that, then it didn't happened. Period.
The rest is your head canon.

>And why should he go to the conclusion that he's slaughtering them?

Because when it comes to trafficking people they are either used for their organs or for slavery.

Both terrible scenarios.

Again, do we have to believe that Yondu all the time was thinking that he kidnapped all this CHILDREN so they would get a better life?

>>Oh btw Peter, Yondu wasn't the only one delivering kids

Well, the movie never said that. So you are just bringing your headcanon to excuse poor writting.

Yondu could have said ''... and when I stopped doing that, he just hired even more people to keep kidnapping kids!'' or ''...and I was not the only one, there were others!'' and there you go, plotholes fixed.

>AND DRAMA CANT BE DONE WITH COMEDY.

You can have both of those elements in your movie but having a really serious scene like Ego talking about killing Peter's mom and literally following that with a David Hasselhoff cameo makes the movie shittier.

>but the drama of guardians was better built to the point that gotg vol 2 almost made me cry unlike logan

You must be 18 or more in order to post here.

>when he somehow found out
I would not be surprised if Ego told him
>so, where are all those pipsqueaks I've delivered?
>oh I killed them all lol failure little shits
>bruh
because he's just retarded like that

''I didn't knew that kidnapping children meant that I was doing a bad thing'' has to be the most retarded plot element in history.

>people actually talked and built character rather than punching video game enemies
>it was boring

>>people actually talked and built character

Too bad that the movie was filled with pretty stupid jokes all over the place.

Turd jokes.
Stupid cameos.
''HAHAHAHAHAHAHA'' posting in the form of a character.
References for upcoming Disney movies during the climax.

>rather than punching video game enemies
the climax of the movie was a Pacman joke.

>Drax gets to be humanized through Mantis way more than he was in the first movie
I just don't understand why he wasn't the one to talk to Peter about how Ego is kind of a shitty dad. Out of all the Guardians, Drax is the only one who has that experience, so why they give the scene to Gamora is beyond me (outside the obvious "oh I get it you're jealous" shit they pulled with Peter).

>>Drax gets to be humanized through Mantis way more than he was in the first movie

they change his personality a 100% from one movie to the other, all the ''characterisation'' feels forced.

>I just don't understand why he wasn't the one to talk to Peter about how Ego

Because MCU movies are poorly written, is this news to you?

>Afe of Ultron
>Quicksilver: Our origin story is that we hate Tony Stark!!!
>All their important scenes are with Hawkeye and not a single one with Tony Stark.

She's the focus of GOTG 3. They won't kill her.

Ego prefaced the job as he's a father that wants his children. And Yondu is suppose to assume that means he wants them for harvesting or slavery? Ego was not outwardly evil looking; he was flowery and calm and seemed sincere. If Yondu didn't do it, someone else would. He probably never gave it any thought, regardless. It was obviously still a bad thing to do and he's not pretending he wasn't a bad guy. He's just not "kill children" levels of bad, and so stopped when the truth came crashing down on him. Personally raising Peter isn't something someone like Yondu would do so clearly it did effect him.

>plotholes fixed
How is that a plothole? The line didn't need to be in there, and there's a good chance Yondu wouldn't know that anyways. It should just be obvious as is. Why would a god only hire one crew to scour the universe?

Oh boy! I can't wait for the next Street Level series where they try to stop a gangster/drug dealer/sex ring trafficker in a completely brown and black city! Such great tastes!

This.

Too based. Should have known he was dead.

>in a completely brown and black city!

When in doubt and when you ran out of arguments, just start Sup Forums posting, that would show them!

Attached: 1511730732704.gif (500x207, 3.06M)

>Marlel movies have never made a single decent dramatic scene.

I don't know, I kind liked the scene where vision shoots rhodey down

but the raccoon was the best part

Attached: 35935D60-E306-4536-BDBF-B87BF066069A.jpg (1620x1443, 170K)

There are no strings on me is Ultron's biggest dramatic flourish in the film, it's his defining line, it's the same fucking thing you goddamn corporation obsessed mongoloid.

>Marlel movies have never made a single decent dramatic scene

Iron Man 1 was pretty good

>I kind liked the scene where vision shoots rhodey down
''Everything is fun and games when we fight to the dead but when somebody gets hurt...''

>There are no strings on me is Ultron's biggest dramatic flourish in the film, it's his defining line

not true, that was just a way of saying that he would do whatever it takes in order to ''save'' humanity from itself.

If anything, his big dramatic moment was that last scene with Vision.

He doesn't need one you self inserting soyboy.

youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo
>this starts playing
100 percent kino

This

Attached: laughing guardians.png (1920x800, 1.11M)

best MCU screencap

>a compelling villain
I really was pleasantly surprised by Ego. Sure, he's a giant CGI monster for the heroes to fight at the end, but he's also a memorable and interesting character.

Attached: ego-kurt-russell.jpg (641x427, 42K)

young Kurt Russell was also probably the best CGI de-aging they've done

Attached: young Ego.png (1920x800, 1.8M)

Everything except scenes with ego and peter together was too much, to many jokes and they rarely land.

Although I mus say "I AM YOU" with rocket and yondu was great

Rooker is great in anything tbf

I heard it was bad in the theater, but I was alright with it on the small screen.

why does her mouth turn me on

Because cock goes there.

It's funny that you say this because the popular opinion on reddit is that it wasn't a good movie or at least worse than GotG1 when in reality it was better.

because her actress is a qt who was also in the movie where Thanos fucked Scarlet Witch

>when in reality it was better
Agreed. The humor is a little more grating than it was in GOTG1, but the villain, and the ending more than made up for it.

On another note, I'm also continually impressed with how the Guardians movies manage to keep developing such a large cast of characters in satisfying ways. Probably because they have the characters pair up to play off of eachother (Quill and Ego, Rocket and Yondu, Gamora and Nebula, etc.).

That was mostly makeup actually.

What's wrong with the Hasselhoff cameo, it's Ego taunting him after Peter blew his body full of holes. Even the Pacman scene has some logic. Ego makes a giant rock formation of himself, peter makes... a ball.

Attached: 23f5ec7a555a8e86d02e9f2b6a717c03.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

>the fuck did Drax do in this movie?
Drax being there is the only reason Mantis switches sides and is able to pacify Ego long enough for them to destroy the Sovereign army. Mantis touching Drax as he reminisces on his lost daughter showed her what a father really should feel when their children die, and that's why she turns to help them and realizes what Ego's been doing. Nobody in the crew could do the same.

He's also the one who goes out of his way to save Mantis, and demonstrates a great familial bond towards the Guardians.

eehhhh... i wouldn't say that. they made the CIA guy a good guy and the antagonist of the movie was going to do what the CIA does only help oppressed people. the movie didn't even follow its own moral of the story, it just doubled down on all the racism and oppression that the U.S. is responsible for

I really don't get the hate for this film, like you said the character work is really good, I liked it better than the original

Thank you for saying this, I have never seen such gross misuses before.

the Zardu Hasselfrau cameo also shows that Ego was spying on him and Gamora talking on Berhert

The Pac-Man scene was probably my favorite scene in the movie. Though that's probably because I'm a gigantic fan of Pac-Man.