TMNT thread pals (Mostley IDW)

TMNT thread pals (Mostley IDW).
Yesterday I finaly caught on with the main comic and Universe. I'm digging the Teiceratons Invasion so far, I like the tension between Splinter and the turtles and theway is expanding how moraly grey Splinter is. I also enjoy the last Universe issue. I tough I was going to hate it since it was a Raph/Alopex issue but nither of them acted cringy, they actually felt more like friends than just a future couple.
The next Universe issue drops tomorrow and in other news looks like TMNT Adventures Volume 16 is going to be relased until December.

Attached: TMNT-79_Cover-A.jpg (2063x3131, 527K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-idw-tmnt-continuity-timeline.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah I've been enjoying this comic too, hopefully Eastman and Waltz stay for more issues to come. I didn't like the 2k12 cartoon, the new cartoon sounds awful and Laird is never going to finish Mirage TMNT so I'm glad this exists.

>I tough I was going to hate it since it was a Raph/Alopex issue but nither of them acted cringy, they actually felt more like friends than just a future couple.

Yeah I don't like them as a couple either, I never much liked romance on TMNT with Casey/April being the only exception (and I don't particularly like it in IDW because it's pretty dramatic what with Casey being depressed, wanting to be useful, and a non-stop punching bag for his dad) so I'm totally fine with them being friends.

So you think there's gonna' be an actual fight between the boys and Splinter or what?

Or is that Chunin girl gonna' end up dying and that's just gonna' make Splinter realize he's kind of gone off the deep end.

In wrestling's terms, Splinter made a heel turn (when a good guy becomes evil). Now we will see how far they will go.

Don't think that Jennika's death would stop Splinter. He cares about his sons more than he cares about her.
What interest me more is the next arc, because it's about the Rat King (finally). As far as I remember, Leo and Splinter are his paws, so maybe they will also explore their relationship.

Attached: 81-01.jpg (1186x1800, 2.98M)

I don't mind romance that much, but If they want to make Alopex and Raph a thing they must put effort in it.

How much extra stuff do I need to read?
The Mirage series had like 4 minis outside of volume 1

What's the situation here?
Also the fact Hun is now Casey's papa and owns the Purple Dragons still makes me think that this was heavily influenced by the fuckery of the Nick series

2 ongoings, 16 micros, 2 annuals, 2 (canon) crossovers and 7 minis. The best thing is to read the IDW Collection because it reprints everything in the reading order.

I might just get them issue by issue since the collections aren't all digital yet

The first 4 volumes are available in digital. It's 400 pages each so you have the time to read them before they release the other volumes in digital.

I just found out there is a second TMNT/Batman crossover happening right now. The first one was pretty good, does this one hold up?

No it's pretty bad because of shitty writing by Tynion. Art is still good and maybe the only good thing. This volume 2 is really kino. The Batman 92/TMNT 2012 crossover was fun.

What do you think about the second crossover with the Ghostbusters? I like the first one better but this one was good too.

Just read once. I need to read it again. It was fun and a bit emotional at the end. My biggest problem is that the characters live separate adventures in different dimensions so this makes the story a little confused especially with the different styles of all the artists.

I think it's amazing that there have been two Ghostbuster/TMNT crossovers and they've not been awful.

If you're going with floppies or the paperback trades that separate all the series, here's a reading order you can use:

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-idw-tmnt-continuity-timeline.html

The IDW Collection hardcovers use that order, more or less, so they're a convenient option for intuitive reading purposes. They omit a couple of stories here and there, though, but nothing that impacts the narrative (if you hadn't been told they were missing, you'd never have noticed).

I liked the used different but yeah it made things a little confusing.
Yeah, honestly the first time I read the first crossover I didn't think it was going to be important nor good. So glad I was wrong.

So who else here is hyped for the proper introduction of Ch'rell

With IDW's pacing, it'll be 3-4 years before they actually get around to it. So I don't bother getting hyped for any foreshadowed storylines in this comic, anymore. They just take waaayyyyy to long to get to them.

More like 1& a half to 2 years. I'm calling it now, Ch'rell will be the focus of issue 100

Null was first teased in Mutanimals #1. That was 3 years ago and they still haven't done jack shit with her other than remind us that she's still out there plotting something evil.

This book can't focus and pulls itself in too many directions, spreading its plots out so thin that it never feels like anything ever actually happens except during milestone issues.

Yes, but ch'rell also was the main villain of the 2003 series, and arguably the most threatening incarnation of the shredder. He's way more important then Null

Once they conclude the Pantheon plot I expect them to focus more on Null, Ch'rell and the rest of the threats.

I'm actually expecting them to drag out the pantheon sub plot until it's the climax of the book

I don't remember if it was Waltz or the editor that confirmed #100 is going to conclude the Pantheon arc. He said that issue 100 was going to be a game changer like issue 50 was.

Is universe #20 already out?

I think that's part of the problem. They're dragging their feet on the long march to #100 and all of their storylines are losing steam because they're trying to streeeeeeeeeeetch them out to last that long.

Not ripped yet if it's your question.

Yeah, they are postponing everything so they don't run out of material after #100. I don't think Savanti Romero or Maligna are going to show up before #100 either.
Thanks.

Huh I didn't know that

I wouldn't say we've seen too much problimatic decompression, but I do think they're gonna have to pace things well

T-the what now user?

They're actually bring tentacle husbando into the IDW series?
I might actually start reading it, then

I think it was Waltz who said it in the Technodrome forum (I know Sup Forums doesn't like that place but is my main source of TMNT news).

>since it was a Raph/Alopex issue but nither of them acted cringy

This is nothing more than a small bleep in the radar. Typically under most writers Raph and Alopex together in the same scene equals forced cringe inducing shit like Alopex needs to carry Raph's arm after a fight or she leaning her head on his shoulder that kind of forced display. Honestly Alopex has been destroyed as a character and just because Flynn for a change of pace made Alopex not act like Raph's Blowjob, doesn't mean anything. Alopex's character is officially helmed by that faggot transsexual that made her a bimbo and of course Raph's cock holster. I really want that piece of shit fired. Easiest way to ruin any female character is force them to be love interests. I feel about Alopex the same way that I feel about Dragon Ball's No. 18 who was reduced to just a love interest to please morons. Now that's all she is and all she'll ever be. Doesn't help that they tried to half-assedly pretend that Alopex is great friends with Angel who barely even exists much less are they shown bonding around like how Donatello and Harold did showing they did have chemistry. And now Alopex is also the best friend of Pepperoni, Raph's pet dinosaur. It's all shit. Forced shit to pretend that Alopex isn't just Raphael's Portable Blowjob Machine. That's all Alopex is.

That cancerous pairing annoys me. Even TMNT 2012 vaguely hinted at this stupid pairing when Raph was personally impressed by that version of Alopex. So basically TMNT 2012 made Alopex in all ways different from the original EXCEPT the one element that is usually the most cringe inducing part of the original version, the Raphael shit. Alopex is smeared as a character. Now all that's missing is they introduce Mona Lisa and have a Love Triangle bullshit going on with Alopex and Raph. Thanks for that you faggot SON of a bitch Campbell.

I miss Alopex being a more dignified and serious character, I hate this bimbofication that's now who she is.

>Yesterday I finaly caught on with the main comic and Universe. I'm digging the Teiceratons Invasion so far

You have shit taste by the way. Triceratons are BORING. There's no distinction between the males and females (even the ones that aren't clones) so there's little reason to give a damn about these characters. IDW rushed things and handled it sloppily. Longest individual arc and it's boring. Commander Zom is only identifiable because of her broken horn. Without it? She looks just like the males. I can't bring myself to care about this arc. Even Bishop isn't saving this arc. If anything I wanted Hob to show up and steal Slash from Bishop here. Only Splinter's character is making this acceptable at best.

>Tricerstons are boring because I can't be a waifufag

> it took an entire year to see Shredder.
> it took two years for the payoff of Bebop and Rocksteady to get mutated.

user is correct on the way IDW paces things.

The Pantheon shit has been for what? Four years? And we nearly know about Kitsune plans. I like the comic but the pacing is a big problem.

Link is now available on Win'o thread.

It began in the Secret History of the Foot Clan which was about what four or five years ago?

Thanks, I'll check it.
Wow, It's been that long? I read the entire thing last year in a period of a month.

Thread is archived now. Wait for the new thread or ask for the link.