This set of pisspoor figures will cost 19.99$

>this set of pisspoor figures will cost 19.99$
Capeshit merch is dead

Attached: 4CA315A3-32AA-47D1-A189-82D7D8296C60.jpg (900x900, 175K)

>thinks this is overpriced and pisspoor
You weren't a child in the 90s, were you?

I remember my old Clayface toy which was just a rubber squeeze toy with a hard plastic mace fist you could launch from his arm. That shit was ten times more entertaining than these dead featureless things.

These would be considered McDonald's toys by the standards of what the toys we had in the 90's were.

Man, at least give them LG or DT Power Ranger articulation.

These are hollow fast food premiums, the 90s figures were much better then this third world level crap. And for 20 bucks it should be illegal.

>Capeshit merch is dead
Based nippon saving the day again

Attached: Marvel-Revoltech-Venom-Figure.jpg (640x640, 153K)

How much is that by any chance?

If you want fancy articulations and detail, you buy legend action figures.

If you want to buy your six year old somethign to smash, you buy the 9.99 or under ones like this.

aka... the crazy articulation, life like design, blah blah blah are for man children to put in their dungeon rooms as decorations.

the cheap 6 inch dudes are for kids to actually play with and destroy.

The lack of articulations actually help because you can beat the shit out of them and they don't break.

y'all are living ina fantasy land if you think the toys itn he 90's were any better. Some junky ass articulations OR they broke the first time they got kicked down the stairs. 6 inch figures are made to be played with by kids.

Fuck you, every line besides legends is this dollar store shit now when they used to be great, and how dare you defend them cheapening out on articulation as a good thing. Their is no way in hell this is worth 20 bucks.

>These would be considered McDonald's toys by the standards of what the toys we had in the 90's were.

That is a gross overstatement honestly. This was a typical 90s figure for a kids line, a little more articulation perhaps but not in a meaningful way

Attached: vec086ec1efa25cc853fd7b6daf87b22b7.jpg (1066x1600, 117K)

The sculpting was much better, the articulation was better, and they had action feature. Coupled with the fact they werent so horribly overpriced at the time.

Did Marvel always outsourced their toys to Hasbro or is that new?

>the crazy articulation, life like design, blah blah blah are for man children to put in their dungeon rooms as decorations
Horseshit, the best looking figs always have the least amount of articulation

Attached: todd mcfarlane is watching you hotglue.jpg (5312x2988, 2.46M)

Todd no one likes your statue shit, thats why no one buys your figures anynore, especially since you stopped making zombie figures for the fucking walking dead line.

Well if you don't wanna go for broke and buy the 300 Dollar ThreeA 1/12 Scale Titan.

>, every line besides legends is this dollar store shit now when they used to be great,

Not true, both Marvel and DC always had shitty toys aimed at children and better looking toys aimed at manchildren

Are those repackaged USM toys? That Carnage sure looks like the one from the cartoon.

Statues and action figures are two different games, buddy. Believe it or not, people who collect action figures like to pose them around and such, not just dust them off.

Eh...I mean I've seen some horrible toys these days but the ones posted in the OP are hardly good examples considering they're for kids, and kids toys of the 90s when it came to capeshit may have had bending knees and elbows (and not all the time) but most of the time it was useless since the toys had to be stood straight up without moving them for them to even stand on their own. I think at least the Venom figure in the OP looks way less generic than most 90s Venom figures that weren't ruined by a stupid gimmick, the Carnage one looks like shit though

Exactly, and we're comparing those cheap figures with these overly-priced figures, who's models look like complete fucking shit. Not even looking at it with a nostalgic eye.

The toys made for kids appealed to people outside of preschoolers who are too stupid to play with a toy without breaking them before 2013
>Eh...I mean I've seen some horrible toys these days but the ones posted in the OP are hardly good examples considering they're for kids, and kids toys of the 90s when it came to capeshit may have had bending knees and elbows (and not all the time) but most of the time it was useless since the toys had to be stood straight up without moving them for them to even stand on their own. I think at least the Venom figure in the OP looks way less generic than most 90s Venom figures that weren't ruined by a stupid gimmick, the Carnage one looks like shit though
They could move better in the 90s which helped with playing with them, these things are bricks now, its horrible and companies hide behind the excuse that kids dont want toys anymore, when actually they just dont want to buy this low quality trash.

You were not.

Pic related.
That's not a toy for kids, that's merch that is sold to retarded adults

Attached: parallax.jpg (2816x2112, 1.22M)

it wasnt hollow

>The toys made for kids appealed to people outside of preschoolers who are too stupid to play with a toy without breaking them before 2013

Then is time to stop playing with toys, manchild.

>”stop complaining about bad quality because its for kids” excuse
Neck yourself

Born in 86, grew up with He-Man, Ninja Turtles, and Batman toys.
What were you saying about toy quality again?

If it wasn't for Transformers I might have never had a decent toy toy play with a child.

>Born in 86, grew up with He-Man, Ninja Turtles, and Batman toys.
>What were you saying about toy quality again?
>If it wasn't for Transformers I might have never had a decent toy toy play with a child.
All of those were better then the modern figures like in OP, your point?

>If it wasn't for Transformers I might have never had a decent toy toy play with a child.
The Batman forever line in the 90's was fantastic. He-man in the 80's was better than any marvel line that isnt aimed at collector.

probably a few hundred bucks

Hasbro has had exclusive Marvel rights for over a decade now.

>Capeshit merch is dead
I beg to differ

Attached: IMG_1049.jpg (1280x853, 506K)

A shame they shat the bed and the only good things they make now are legends and some transformers. Star wars has suffered the worst imo.

The kind of shit they are making for the main line shouldnt be standard, and should definitely not cost that much.

>5 POA

Attached: puke_1.jpg (400x426, 17K)

That's a shitty looking carnage.

Meant for

>adult complaining about toys aimed at 8 years old.

Keep living and suffering, lardo.

Any figure with articulation, or with the word "Hasbro" on the box usually fucking sucks. Any *american* figure for the most part fucking sucks, buy actual figures you RETARD

Its almost like they figured "Star Wars sells instantly, why try?"

Ypu never know, it could be a complaint about a toy he got for his kiii-ah who am I kidding?

>WAHHHH STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT MY PRODUCT WHO CARES IF IT ONLY MOVES AT THE ARMS AND COSTS THIRTY BUCKS
Kek, no amount of shilling will make people buy your companies shit products

I don't mind Venom but what the hell happened to Carnage? He doesn't even look like Carnage! It's like they took some random toy and called it Carnage.

Attached: IMG_1915.jpg (1500x1000, 983K)

They just look like figures from the Ultimate Spider man cartoon toy line with new packaging.

There's still plenty of good symbiote figures

Attached: IMG_1374.jpg (1350x900, 772K)

Pretty sure its his design from the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon. Which means thats just the same toy from said toon's line.

They used to be good and as a result should still be held accountable to their old expectations of performance, so this is unacceptable
And now they arent selling for even pennies, who wouldve thought only making hated characters that look like normal people and removing all the sci fi elements of star wars in the toy line would make it not sell?

And dolls. Who the fuck wanted Star Wars dolls?

>>WAHHHH STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT MY PRODUCT WHO CARES IF IT ONLY MOVES AT THE ARMS AND COSTS THIRTY BUCKS

>WAHHHH!!! I'm a 30 something fatso complaining about toys aimed at toddlers!

Nice deflection you hasbro shill cock sucker.

Hey dumbass, the thread said capeshit merch not just toys for kids.

About 50-60 depending on the Yen and import costs from Japan.

All toys are for kids.

just like all comics and cartoons are for kids

How much are bionicle now? I remember when the matorans became and had the rubber masks, they ran for ten to twelve bucks. I wanted something to display on my desk, and all Star Wars black series had shitty scuplts, even the metal stuff, I was just gonna save for Nip figures.

Its dead, so whatever the aftermarket charges for it.

Hey, nice pic. Saved

They dont make bionicles anymore

>never got an Overdrive
The Superior Foes will never be complete.

>articulation on the knees but not on the elbows
I haven't touched an action figure since eight years yet this immediately made me clench my fists

Attached: houseman.gif (298x219, 497K)

They dont have articulation on the knees even, user

All capeshit you mean.

They still make figures using the parts, how much are those?

It is 10 dollars a piece you dipshit.

Factoring in inflation from 1990, that is the same as 5.12 back in the day.

You were not getting "great toys with great articulations" for 5 bucks in 1990.

What, like the action figure designs? I don't think they even do that anymore after Hero Factory and Ben 10 flopped.

Nothing but traditional sets now.

*stares* How can actual name-brand toys get away with only 4 points of articulation?

Have fun. This is what smartphones and social media have done to the toy industry.

And thats way too much for something that is a serve downgrade from what we were getting 5 years ago, and even from twenty years ago, you fucking dunce
>Have fun. This is what smartphones and social media have done to the toy industry.
No, thats the excuses the toy industry uses to justify their cheap tactics.

I had this one, only you squeezed his legs and his mouth opened and closed.

They're not making those anymore either. Only a bunch of Star Wars sets of varying quality came out after Lego gutted the failed Bionicle reboot, and they cost a ton due to the heavy licencing fee they had to pay Disney. This Chewie for instance cost $35 in Murica, but here in Europe, I saw stores selling it for about $60.
No one bought these, so Lego recently announced they're canceling some of the upcoming SW action figs, basically ending their action figure lines as a whole. This entire Bionicle-ish action figure building system is essentially dead.

Forgot pic.

Attached: 75530-1.jpg (793x1698, 246K)

I saw plenty of Rey's and Praetorian Guards in my Wal-Mart the other day. Crazy that they'll be the last figures using bionicle parts for a long while.

No one wanted those becuase they arent robots like bionicle. This is legos punishment for cancelling the bionicle reboot before it even got its footing.

>No one wanted those becuase they arent robots
Ironic that the sets they canceled before release were the Super Battle Droid and a walker. You know, exactly the type of figures this building system was best suited for and the ones they should have released to begin with. Not fucking humans with blocky heads and robot bits and wookies with printed-on fur.

I'm only partially grumpy because I haven't been buying Lego sets or any kind of figs for years, but as a one-time serious collector of Bionicle, it's sad to see this subset of Lego dying after near two decades due to Lego's over-reliance on Disney and their inability to budget and market their own franchises in a competent way. Their handling of the Bionicle reboot was a sloppy wet fart, even though those toys were far more economical than the overpriced Star Wars rubbish.

The Revoltech line really looks nice, I hope they keep up the releases this year.

Attached: revoltech gwenpool jump.jpg (1200x1200, 115K)

>Not in a meaningful way
Are you fucking retarded? The lack of elbow and knee articulation is exactly what makes the figures in the OP so shit

That's not Gwenpool.

The 90s toys looked way better. If you wanted a toy from Spider-Man: TAS, you could get a decent looking figure for cheap.

Attached: c82105050ccee18af001fb4fd452faeb.jpg (722x1024, 188K)