JUST

JUST

Attached: tumblr_p5y9ovPDDy1w5k54ro1_500.png (336x675, 402K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WnPlff7btoM
youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0
twitter.com/JoeKellyMOA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why can't Americans ever let Mega Man just fucking LOOK LIKE MEGA MAN when they make a Mega Man cartoon? What's the fucking problem?

whoa

this looks so nice

>they ordered 52 episodes of this when the franchise is deader than dead
I'd rather watch the Heathcliff reboot

he needs to look cooler than a kid in underpants.

Attached: Mega Man Final Smash.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

further evidence, someone in Capcom really really really hates the Megaman franchise

Attached: mml3design06.jpg (415x600, 211K)

, Captain N
>Green Mega Man with a grown man's voice
, Ruby Spears
>Super buff adult Mega Man but with a teenager's voice
, DHX
>Lunchables Brigade Mega Man

We're bad at this.

But it's getting a new game soon user

>He didn't hear about Mega Man 11
It's coming back.

Attached: Thought_You_Died.png (188x145, 7K)

>Lunchables Brigade Mega Man

Oh that's just fuckin great...

Attached: DHX Mega Man 2018.jpg (480x360, 19K)

They're making Mega Man 11 with the guy that did the kino Strider one-off a few years back.

>Strider one-off

Which one?

cartoons are a great way to inject interest into a property.

>cartoons are a great way to inject interest into a property.

How's that working for Stretch Armstrong, user?

literally PS1 cover art tier

Isn't that one of the entries for the Legends 3 create-a-NPC contest (before it, y'know, ceased to exist)?

Who the fuck is that in the air? I recognize Ice Man, Flash Man, Drill Man and Fire Man

>How's that working for Stretch Armstrong, user?
''One cartoon failed so every cartoon ever failed too!''

Nobody cares about such an outdated concept anyway.

Ha. This means they're STILL trying to sell this POS to naive advertisers.

oh you mean before Capcom said 'oh I guess you guys didn't want this enough so we're just going to kill it before while it's still early in development'

Legends 3 was doomed the moment Capcom said they were relying on the fans to help make it, because it showed that they really had no faith in it at all.

To be fair, that was specifically Capcom Europe that said that the fans "weren't vocal enough".

>Nobody cares about such an outdated concept anyway.

Just like nobody cares about an outdated video game franchise like Mega Man.

Least that Heathcliff idea looks to have some thought put to it.

Hey, shut up.

Also, they were going to pull a Raiden and have you play as some random kid instead of Mega Man.

the main reason that it went down the toilet is just because Inafune was an asshole

I think this was still the era of Capcom that had wildly unrealistic sales expectations for their titles so I'm not surprised they had no faith in it but bothering to put it forward, saying it was gonna be a fan-driven project and then under a year tell those fans 'guess you didn't want it enough' was such a fucking dick move

>Just like nobody cares about an outdated video game franchise like Mega Man.

>New Megaman cartoon.
>New Megaman games.
>Hype about Megaman in Smash.
>Megaman in MvC:I is perceived as one of the few positive points of the game.
>New megaman toys.

Your age is showing, grandpa.

Who the fuck is that one flying in the poster
I can't recognize it

Attached: Strider-hiryu-key-art.jpg (2000x2838, 1016K)

You forget game box arts.
It's not just a cartoon problem.

She ain't from the games, whoever it is.

>thinking Mega Man is still in anyway relevant to an under-10 audience

Your delusions are showing, gramps.

No, it was because both Mega Man Legends games were commercial failures and without Inafune there carrying a torch for it, Capcom could not give any fucks about continuing on with a sequel to two flops.

For some reason, we have a really hard time advertising Mega Man as a cute "chibi" character. We have to try and make him tough or cool looking, even in this age where manga outsells comics and anime is popular with children. We STILL can't let Mega Man slip through without being "made cooler" for American audiences.

Like how we always give Kirby angry eyebrows on his US box art. We can't stop ourselves. We need help.

Kirby is happy on the Switch game.

''nuh-huh!'' if that's your only argument then I know that I'm right.

>That era where we tried to find a middle ground between "big, buff action hero" Mega Man from the early US box art and "cutesy chibi anime" Mega Man from the Japanese box art.
>He became a terrifying goblin-man

I don't want to go back. Not ever.

Attached: megamanboxart3and4.jpg (640x445, 136K)

Right now everyone in comic and cartoon development grew up in the 90's when everything had to be HARDCORE EXTREME! at all times. They are not mentally capable of accepting a cute smiling robot that fights evil robots. They will all collectively suffer from a stroke and die if they humor the concept of a chibi cute faced robot engine of destruction

Man, when I was a kid I thought that Mega Man 3 cover looked so awesome for some reason.

Kids like superheroes, kids like fighting, and kids like robots. Why wouldn't a Super Fighting Robot be relevant to kids? It just needs solid marketing.

Attached: RM3CompleteWorks.jpg (485x480, 69K)

Spark man looks kinda neat, and so does the Wily castle.

Kids now are about as interested in a faded 80s nostalgia property like Mega Man as they are in Ghostbusters, He-Man or ThunderCats. You know? Those franchises that tried to get rebooted and all failed because only 30 year-olds have any interest in them whatsoever?

You need to set aside your nostalgic affection for these IPs and realize that they aren't perennial. Right now, you're sounding like the old man who thinks that "with just the right marketing" Krazy Kat or Lil Abner can make a massive comeback with the kids today.

>moving goalposts

So far, all you've been able to say is "IT'LL WORK!" and you haven't offered any reason other than the fact that you, personally, a grown man, are invested in Mega Man, which says nothing about its appeal to actual children. But by all means, keep REEEEEing about it.

So is Roll in this?

I too kept moving the goal posts. at a bare minimum I wanted good writing but it looks like we wont' even get that.

>So is Roll in this?

And will she be Mega Man's sister (US canon) or girlfriend (Japanese canon)?

>Kids now are about as interested in a faded 80s nostalgia property like Mega Man as they are in Ghostbusters, He-Man or ThunderCats. You know? Those franchises that tried to get rebooted and all failed because only 30 year-olds have any interest in them whatsoever?

Megaman is a video game, kids like Video games better these days than cartoons.

And the last He-man reboot was made like 15 years ago while the last Thundercats reboot was a serious cartoon.

Ghostbusters was never aimed at kids.

>And will she be Mega Man's sister (US canon) or girlfriend (Japanese canon)?

Technically, in Japanese canon, Roll is both Rock's sister and his girlfriend.

Uglyman

>So far, all you've been able to say is "IT'LL WORK!"

Because people like Megaman and whenever news about something megaman comiung out are heard, people get hyped.

Your only argument is ''it will not work just because''

>US canon
She's still his sister in Japan, or at least in that same role, Japan just don't give a fuck.

Attached: DC6TaFLXUAAH0w5.jpg orig.jpg (1220x1132, 117K)

Stop that. She's his sister, nothing more.

I'm an avid Mega Man fan and holy shit I am not enthusiastic about this at all. I've tried hard to like it too. Back when they had 2D animation I was like "yeah this could work" now it's complete shit.

Why is he wearing X's helmet?
They failed then, OP doesn't look cool, he looks like a Tron abortion

This is not aimed at you and of course you are going to sperg at this not being exactly how you want it to be.

If it's any indication, Protodude of Rockman Corner got to look at early production material and said he wasn't thrilled with what he saw.

Yea but half of our media is faded nostalgia properties. We have Alvin and the Chipmunks on tv, there was a Sherman and Peabody movie, Peanuts movie, Woody Woodpecker movie, Yogi Bear movie, Grinch movie, and next month a Spielberg made nostalgia fagging 80's were so rad movie of nothing but 2 hours of references.

Megaman appealed to kids in the 80s, 90s, AND 2000s. Capcom's MUH DISHONORUBU INAFUNE MUST BE PUNISHED Japanese corporate culture cancer is the only reason why it didn't continue through the 10s, but that era seems to be coming to an end.

Attached: serveimage.png (1294x669, 1004K)

I am sort of wondering why they are wasting time on a franchise that Capcom has dropped and has zero plans to release any games for in the near future. What's the point of the tie-in when there is nothing to tie in?

So did they drop the thing where he's a school kid that turns into Megaman?

Except that it is.
the PR folks themselves said this is for children and THEIR PARENTS who grew up with the games

Uh, you forget about 11?

THERE ARE NO HEROES

MANKIND IS DOOMED

They've been systematically putting Mega Man back out there. In 2015 they had the Legacy Collection, in 2017 they had Legacy Collection 2 (Yeah, I know), in December they announced Mega Man 11 was in development and are porting the entire X series to modern systems as well as Steam.

Nope

>I am sort of wondering why they are wasting time on a franchise that Capcom has dropped and has zero plans to release any games for in the near future

Jesuschrist you guys are beyond stupid, there are making more megaman games and they are reacting on the fact that Megaman got a lot of hype in Smash and Marlel vs Capcom.

And even if that was not the case they could just simply be trying to bring the franchaise back

That was the original plan with the Ruby-Spears cartoon, but sometime between the pitch and the final product they decided Americans weren't ready for an anime style American cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=WnPlff7btoM

So, is there any actual new footage yet?

Frankly, I'd be willing to forgive everything and give it a chance if thy just scrap Mini Mega or whatever the fuck that was.

>the PR folks themselves said this is for children and THEIR PARENTS who grew up with the games

Yes, PARENTS, not spergs that bitch about anything on cantonese image based sewing boards.

Just because it doesn't appeal to YOU it doesn't mean that everybody else already hate it and will not watch it.

And, get this, producers always say stuff like that all the time even if they don't mean it.

There are idiots that think that Thanos will be the main character in Avengers 3 because the directors said so, despite the trailers telling a different story.

Mainly because they realize now that Inafune was never what made Mega Man good, especially now that Mighty No. 9 has exposed him as being not nearly as good a developer as we thought.

>Japanese corporate culture
not really. killing a good IP happens in any country

capcom is exceptional. the company has been owned by a family who know nothing about games from the beginning.

youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0

They seem really intent on bringing Megaman back, between this, the recent compilation rereleases, and a bunch of new merch.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

There was the leaked trailer from last year

>Redesigning Megaman to be less chibi and more high tech
>Not just making a faithful Megaman X Cartoon instead

Why do they do this?

It would be nice if they ever merched more than just 10 variants of Megaman, and maaaaayyyybe a couple of the MM1 bosses. Typically Cutman and Gutsman.

It's goddamn impossible to ever find a MM2 or 3 boss ever.

Nothing since, huh? And the poster in OP is new? They didn't just scrap the whole thing and start from scratch?

Protodude told us not to count on it.

That was the old 2D animation.

It's confirmed to be at some trade show next month. It's still coming out on Cartoon Network this year.

Will this make me cry like an anime fan on prom night?

Bleh. Hopes sinking once again.

With despair? Probably yes.

I dunno. Hornet Woman, maybe.

Inclusion Girl,

A faithful Mega Man X western produced cartoon would need to go direct to streaming, since if it was a network cartoon it would have to be an 11 minute comedy cartoon.

Most of the the worthwhile Mega Man games made after the SNES era were produced by Inafune, while the majority of lackluster or even bad ones weren't. Not saying he's a necessity, and I'm definitely not saying every MM game he produced was great either, but as a producer the guy seems to know how to get a team together that can work to their strengths and keep a project focused. He definitely was a major part in what kept Mega Man alive after the 90's. I think Inafune's main problem is that he just has no idea how to run a fucking company and benefits from having higher ups being able to give him boundaries and tell him no if they wanted, which is why Comcept just seemed to be a total disaster. I'm glad the director of 11 was a programmer on 7 though.

This.
Don't tempt me to buy a pass and storytime the official Brazilian comic, Boco.

Attached: mega0207t.jpg (1000x1519, 330K)

Are they going to have Cut Man?

I only care about Cut Man.

Attached: cutman1.jpg (453x784, 161K)

twitter.com/JoeKellyMOA

This guy was working on it last time. The cartoon that is. He got a slew of death threats apparently, though nothing to confirm other than thin skinned whining from him. IDK if he's still working on the cartoon or not.

Capcom only cares about Cutman too

Thats not even CLOSE to canon. Or relevant. Or good.

Roll is a good little girl who would never have disgusting incestuous thoughts.

When was the last new mega man game released? Mm9 and 10 dont even count because they were specifically designed for older audiences who want that 8 bit nostalgia. Speaking of which, why hasn't capcom made a 16bit mega man x sequel? God damn I would play the shit out of that.

Capcom had several planned but cancelled them all around 2014 or so

Are you fucking serious

That was a hell of a game, especially for the price

Maybe if he gets another slew of hate, they'll cancel the cartoon or at the very least make an episode of how much they hate us.

Rockman Xover for Japanese mobile devices back in 2012, but nobody liked that shit. The last of the RPG games was 2008 or 2009, I think. The last one resembling something of a traditional Mega Man (not including 9 and 10), was Mega Man ZX Advent in 2007.

>2014

2011. Capcom cancelled Mega Man X Online, Legends 3 and Universe in a single year.