The Boondocks

I miss this show so much... Post whatever is related with the show: infos, thoughts, quotes, memes etc.

Attached: 29617.jpg (952x536, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2014/03/aaron-mcgruder-finally-explains-why-he-left-the-boondocks-160913/
youtube.com/watch?v=5eU01aFoBT4
youtube.com/watch?v=3KmSc34LQ50
youtube.com/watch?v=jbC5onWnCKk
youtube.com/watch?v=YL0r5kSMVLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This show was Woke before the meme even started and it did it 1000x better than anything else before or after. The only other show to come close was Black Dynamite.

Attached: Black Dynamite.jpg (817x320, 48K)

Thanks, you got me to remember about this show and i never watched it. The style is very reminiscing of The Boondocks, but i should probably enjoy it without having the latter as a comparison, or i'll probably end up ruining it for me.

There was this really great erotic fan-fic I read way back regarding Jasmine and Cindy, got me to seek for quality stuff when I jacked it.

Speaking of secondary characters, the forth season didn’t have much going on for them. Boondocks like most series, tend to focus on the most popular aspects of the show in the later seasons without maintaining the under appreciated touches that made the show truly great.

Don't trust them new niggas over there!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Been looking for an old screencap from a Boondocks thread on Sup Forums - Ruckus going on a big racist tirade about animation. Seems to have gone missing from my best threads folder... anyone have it?

Attached: dont trust them fire bendas over der.jpg (1197x834, 164K)

I actually liked all the seasons but yes, i can understand what you're saying because it's true. By the way, i'll probably be pretty lame here but, isn't Bushido Brown inspired on Afro Samurai? Also, who would win between the two?

my buddy is literally so better than me at art that he can accurately draw in the boondocks style

I think as each season went on Aaron was less and less involved and the show definitely suffered for it.

Tom Dubois is such a nice person. I want to be like him.
I'd forgotten how funny the show is, then I recently watched the scene where Tom goes to check on the Freemans with Huey's email print-out. Tom's disposition in the little exchange, and how useless and helpless he turns out to be is hilarious.

What do you mean? I thought he actively worked on the first three seasons, as stated here: indiewire.com/2014/03/aaron-mcgruder-finally-explains-why-he-left-the-boondocks-160913/

[/spoiler]i loved Black Jesus btw

Sing along if you know the words.

i forgot a , kill this stupid nigger right here, ruckus.

I miss the time period more but the show is still comfy.

it was "woke" but not the way that word is abused now. in fact many of the points it makes would be ripped by people who use that term now.

He was still there, but it's really clear he became less and less involved with the actual writing and production as the show went on - you can see a real clear shift away from the way the show was in the first season towards what it eventually became in the final season.

Yeah, it probably was a progressive thing just like you said. I mean, it's very obvious. Then again, why so much disdain for the 4th season? Ok Aaron wasn't there for good, but there were plenty of good episodes. It could've been a lot worse, imo.

Attached: booty-warrior-boondocks-meme-5011.jpg (480x360, 8K)

>222

I'M MAD

There's some powerful niggiotry at work here.

>the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence
Would love a spin off featuring gin and ed
Rip Charlie Murphy

Sucks the show gets used as a shield by people being racist twits but it still makes me laugh hysterically
youtube.com/watch?v=5eU01aFoBT4

youtube.com/watch?v=3KmSc34LQ50
Reminder that Fleece Johnson is out of jail now and was last seen in Louisiana

Attached: oraoraoraoraaa.gif (202x258, 1007K)

you think he is still into man's butts now that he's out
free men always want it the hard way

Attached: 1498626179587.jpg (125x125, 9K)

Fuck this cunt.

Attached: sarah dubois.png (664x372, 297K)

Why did such a shitty season get such a good promo?
youtube.com/watch?v=jbC5onWnCKk

You don't just give up a booty addiction like that user, it was more important than food, more important than drinking water
So if you're in the south be careful, you could be at the store when all of a sudden someone sidles on up to you and the next thing you hear is that he likes you and he wants you
What are you going to do then

>how is a nigga gonna borrow a fry, nigga is you gonna give it back?

classic

I know the one you're talking about, made me nut three times in a row

why is it saying season 4 boondocks only had 3 seasons

Too bad he wants to make it something as cancerous as a mobile game now.

Attached: IMG_0829.jpg (476x354, 21K)

I agree

Best bit from season 3

This nigga put us on youtube

>seen in Louisiana
>So if you're in the south be careful
booty warrior is one state away from me
would any of you guys approach him if you see him and show him his Sup Forums counterpart

a bit of it

Attached: Uncle ruckus lambasts black comic charachters.png (1613x719, 899K)

nyukkas

Attached: nyugga.png (539x308, 296K)

That is exactly what Usher and Pretty Boy Flizzy plan to do. ;D

I don’t know if he’s a parody but Bushido would lose even if the setting was grounded to fit both shows settings.

It’s the kind of fic that’s hard to imitate, I wanted more from the writer but I guess he retired and most of his old stuff is a chore to find.

I want to fuck you Sarah!

oh don't worry, they did

>Nuts... dipped in honey!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

>They say... Bushido Brown kept that hand.

i fucking love that episode

Shame wigga Twilight only had two major episodes.

Attached: Cmer.jpg (1276x722, 45K)

What did you guys think of the early show pilot?

youtube.com/watch?v=YL0r5kSMVLE

Attached: shipitlikeblackfedex.gif (599x190, 23K)

Tom never got a chance versus Kung Fu Wolf Bitch

So why the fuck did they never add Cesar to the show?

He’s literally the second main character after Huey in the comics once Riley got less focus.

They should have had an episode like the usher one but have it be a female musician that Tom, is a fan over and have Sara losing her mind.

Also, doesn’t usher have the herp?

His character was necessary I guess.

Im at odds with my friends right now. Lets say Bushido Brown got in a brawl against Stinkmeaner (in Toms body) and Luna (the killer kung fu bitch) who would win? Im saying the greatest black karate man who ever lived, but everyone else is saying Stinkmeaner

>Sucks the show gets used as a shield by people being racist twits
You need to go back

Bushido Brown is a mix of Jim Kelly and Kareem Abdul Jabbar’s Bruce Lee movie characters.

His role in the comics was to clown on Huey and get him to chill out when he leaned too far into conspiracy theories and far-left fanaticism. Huey in the show is way more toned down so Caesar doesn’t work as well as a foil

Did Huey say or do anything in the fourth season?

The issue with the whole "woke" thing is that they do not want to dive into the issues that involve their own community. The Boondocks was great at taking one issue and breaking it apart to see how different parts of the community both white and black would handle the situation.

Attached: 1521096701911.jpg (716x685, 107K)

>cunt
>not whitey slut.

Come on man. She's good for a week of hate fuck at least.

Classic Riley

The show was a blast, but I liked the comics a bit better. It felt like the show tried to get too edgy a lot, for better or worse. The comics are much more wholesome and comfy, while having similar themes.