LISA IS A MARY SUE! EVERYONE'S WRONG EXCEPT FOR LISA!

antihumansite.wordpress.com/2018/02/09/i-watched-all-629-episodes-of-the-simpsons-in-a-month-heres-what-i-learned/

>LISA IS A MARY SUE! EVERYONE'S WRONG EXCEPT FOR LISA!
they said.

Attached: superthumb.png (300x250, 79K)

sneed

>watching all episodes in a month
>not growing up with Simpsons when you were young
Pleb

>Season 3 and Season 13 (let’s call this the Golden Age)
Stopped reading there

Golden age is 1-10. Perfection Age is 2-8

>watched 629 episodes in a month
Wow, get a fucking life.

>watched 629 episodes in a month

Attached: salem pathetic.jpg (500x383, 59K)

Ok, read through the blog post and here's my hot take

Yes, the show punishes and seems to hate Lisa but also has her serve as the voice of reason all the time. It's the same situation with Brian on Family Guy where one character is the One Sane Man archetype but the show wants to have its cake and eat it too.

That's what it comes down to, a show having a character being annoying with their text but instead of showing how said character is wrong the show just rags on that character so that audience members that disagree with that character's morals will feel satisfied

around 7 hours every day if you watch them one at a time at 1x speed
That really loses it's charm after 10-ish seasons but then again it would at any other speed as well

Why doesn't Lisa Simpson just rape The Joker?

Seriously, I've never heard anyone say seasons 11-13 are a part of the golden age. Better than what came after, sure, but there's an important difference.

She doesn't have a dick

I mean that's 231 hours of material so I would guess his judgement isn't up to much.

This.

That's a full time job. For a month. It's 9.5 solid 24 hour days worth of material. Even the 7 hour day you posit is going to be 33 days of work.

This isn't a valid occupation or a worthwhile use of anybody's time. What is it intended to prove? That the subjective opinion of one individual can be skewed by an act of masochism that would make even a series with no glaring flaws seem like a spin-off of a spin-off of a Stargate show?

It's a bad idea, made worse by writing it up on a fucking blog like anybody cares. I mean christ alive it's 2018, if you're going to do this personality disorder shit to prove what a fucking hipster you are, sell it to Vice or Buzzfeed or whofuckingever.

Don't defend this asshole, user.

Then why doesn't Ahsoka do it?

>So what happens, once you leave the safety of the Golden Age and press on into the later seasons? At a superficial level, you notice a few things. The animation gets more professional but less funny.

Conflating stiff and rigidly on model animation with professionalism, and suggesting that looser, less digital animation is unprofessional makes me angry.

Why do contrarians always leave out early seasons
season 1 and 2 are good ma niggas

If i was to get new simpsons writers i would make them watch season 1 and 2 as they are the most grounded and least flanderised version of the simpsons. The furthest thing from zombie simpsons

Competence is the humour killer (Hence why most people think that Marge and/or Lisa are the worst characters)

this

Attached: RASxTlV.gif (256x368, 1.94M)

The person wanted to remove nostalgia bias. Was already a Simmpsons fan.

> The number of anime references increases exponentially.

>"She’s the only one who will escape Springfield and those inferior dumbfuckistanis"

I read it as well and I gotta say it's pretty bullshit. First off the "punishments" Lisa gets are way lighter than anyone else. Second Bart gets thrown under the bus just as often and with little to show for it. His parents flat out give up on him on several occasions. One of which explicitly saying that Lisa is the one that matters more.

the reason she suffers is because she's the only one who doesn't deserve it. the suffering of the rest is an afterthought and only shown if it's funny or advances the plot.

there's a reason most good stores are tragedies.

Attached: 1515577447733.jpg (430x350, 29K)

>that fucking neck snap

Attached: grumps.png (368x248, 102K)

Well it is. Stiff on model animation is more suited to creating a commercial product.

So it's not related to the Lisa point, but it is to the article:
Y'know what really annoys me? When people try to come up with theories about why new Simpsons sucks that doesn't tart and end with "It's not as clever". I mean, at least this author mentions it, but concludes that it's a result of the show trying to get us to care about the characters - as if the golden age didn't have "Do It For Her". For some reason, the idea of a show just having worse writing to begin with just doesn't occur to some people.

"Do It for Her" by hiding letters from "Don't Forget: You're here forever" itself is a funny action

Yeah. I can sorta understand people that include season 8, or even 9 as golden, even if they were steps down in quality from previous seasons. But 10-13 were very mediocre and full of cringey episodes.

We’re at a point now where episodes like Simpson Safari and The Frying Game as top-notch compared to the newest episodes. I also hate having to let that sink in.

I actually miss when bad episodes of the simpsons were like those. They were fun in their own right for me.

A lot of people say that the simpsons died in season 14 max but I say it was 18 when it died. Sure it was never as good as golden era simpsons but 10-17 was hit or miss and still had its good episodes. Rather than a rapid drop like people think it was a small slow descent into shit with season 18 hitting the point of no return.

Attached: 1518734957615.jpg (365x273, 16K)

>Simpson Safari
I liked that episode, had a campy charm to it

But hyper-competance can be hilarious. Such as Golden Boy, or the genius kid in Foghorn Leghorn

cheaper does not mean more professional

Yes it does. The goal of capitalism is to be as money saving and generating as possible.

it died season 11 episode 5, user

Aren't there more episodes of bart giving up something so lisa can be happy than lisa suffering?

>cheaper does not mean more professional

You're thinking of "profession" mistakenly as some kind of marker of quality. It's not being used like this, nor does it inherently mean that.

That Jazz band episode.

I suspect, given the quotes about the creators most identifying with Lisa, that part of what's happening is that they feel like Lisa. The world doesn't appreciate them, or anybody smart. The target of the creators' ire is more the world for shitting on Lisa than Lisa for being shat on, is the point. I think that blogger is wrong about the motivations.

Season 2 is my favorite overall. There's a genuine sweetness to it that the other seasons can't touch.

I always felt Seasons 14-16 were actually somewhat decent.

Nah, dude, nah.

You don't speak for me.

Season 15 had some truly terrible episodes like Catch 'Em If You Can, There's Something About Marrying, and Margical History Tour.

Pfffffft. There no worse than the worst of seasons 10-13 (which also have more bad episodes), yet they get a free pass.

Yeah that's about my understanding as well.

You could even relate that to the writers being frustrated that the Simpsons will be the most meaningful and important and certainly popular thing they've ever worked on, and that dumbing it down works.

>Catch 'Em If You Can
Guilty Pleasure of mine in a similar way that Saddlesore Galactica from season 11 is.

>There's Something About Marrying
Thats season 16, and I agree thats a weak episode that felt forced.

>Margical History Tour.
Don't really remember this one well. But I never cared for the non-THOH anthology episodes.

>Flanders married Ms. Krabappel

What the fuck???

Attached: 1419400197612.png (334x229, 10K)

Smart & Smarter was pretty painful.

What season was in 2003? That's about when I consistently stop enjoying it.

You'll probably disagree, but I quite liked the following from season 15
>My Mother the Carjacker
>The President Wore Pearls
>Today I Am a Clown
>'Tis the Fifteenth Season
>Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays
>Diatribe of a Mad Housewife
>Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore
>The Ziff Who Came to Dinner
>The Wandering Juvie
>Simple Simpson
>Fraudcast News

Would be Seasons 14-15.

Oh no, not that one. Yuck.

I found it entertaining.

>My Mother the Carjacker
Nope. Awful.
Awful.
>Today I Am a Clown
Not terrible but it did kind of smack of award bait.
>'Tis the Fifteenth Season
Eh.
>Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays
This one was okay.
>Diatribe of a Mad Housewife
Not bad.
>Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Alright, not amazing.
>The Ziff Who Came to Dinner
>Eh.
>The Wandering Juvie
Nah.
>Simple Simpson
Decent.
>Fraudcast News
Decent.

ok

What do you guys dislike about The President Wore Pearls? Is it the musical aspect?

I don't really like musicals to begin with, but it's super-obnoxious and not nearly as good as the classic season musical numbers like the greyhound thing.

formerly

It's literally an example of how much of a shitty character Lisa is and yet gets glorified all the way throug, are you dumb?

For a couple of episodes, until she was killed off-screen because her voice actress died.

Is kind of shitty, considering that during the whole series Edna always got the short end of the stick, so watching her happily married to someone like Ned was actually heartwarming.

My Big Fat Geek Wedding was pretty lousy.

To me, this article idn't so much 'The Simpsons hates Lisa' as it is, "The Simpsons reuses the same plot beats over and over and over again."

it was purposely hyper-absurd and subverted its own sense of humor.

Catch 'Em If You Can was one of the few episodes that actually made me want to throw something at the TV.

>subverted its own sense of humor.
Yeah, instead of being funny it pulled a subversion and was actually shit.

Nobody mentioned Bart-Mangled Banner yet? That was also the absolute worst.

This is an incorrect and frequently parroted statement. The only thing the writers intentionally dicked with were real world locations in the episode since usernet fags would bitch about such inaccuracies, but the rest of the episode’s tone and humor was perfectly in-line with the norm for The Simpsons at the time.

No, you just have severe brain damage and equate something like being chased by savannah animals to a liar game that grows steadily more absurd.

I sometimes like to imagine how the show would have been if Marcia Wallace was still alive.

>The tango scene could have been expanded into its own subplot
>More episodes with Edna bonding with Rod and Todd
>Ned vs Edna's ex-husband
>Edna vs Vegas Wife
>Ned and Edna having a baby together

Attached: 1494825708801.jpg (567x437, 26K)

>The only thing the writers intentionally dicked with were real world locations in the episode since usernet fags would bitch about such inaccuracies
Which was pretty fucking autistic. I mean, why were the writers so obsessed with what a couple of Internet neckbeards thought to the point of purposely burning their own show to the ground to spite them? Fucking ridiculous.

>I sometimes like to imagine how the show would have been if Marcia Wallace was still alive.

That's really pathetic, even for Sup Forums.

Sounds like a different episode to me.

>Margical History Tour.
>Don't really remember this one well. But I never cared for the non-THOH anthology episodes

Lisa trying to grow a dick. That's all you need to know.

The rhino egg part was actually funny

How does Season 16 stack up?

There are some decent, even quite good episodes in there. On the other hand, it had There's Something About Marrying.

>629 episodes in 30 days
So that's basically 21 a day and 20 on the last day. With a runtime of 22.5 minutes each time, that's nearly 8 hours on Simpsons a day.
What a fucking loser.

16 had the episode where Selma adopts some Chinese kid which alone makes it beyond redemption.

>wordpress.com
dafuq is this
I ain't clicking that shit

Attached: 1519373717232.jpg (235x182, 10K)

decent read, strange definintion of golden age, reading that the harry potter parody was from back in season 13 and we're now on season fucking 29 messed me up

maggie fist looks like cheap puppet animation

Attached: stan darsh.png (357x356, 181K)

Wait why did they make the grocery worker black now?

Animation aside, I hate that the HD opening insists on having a million gags in it. Camera moving to Gerald in that scene is just awkward and unnecessary.

She's from the past.

So if I go into a job interview wearing Forman Mills XXXL shirt and polyester jeans, I'm professional enough for the job?

Attached: 1510457994692.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

I liked how the original opening was so fluid and animated over the HD version.
The little things from the way Marge's hair moves with her head turns, the mannerisms she displays, it just adds up together to make a perfect opening.
The HD version has none of that, it is very polished and nice, but sacrifices that focus on detail and fluid motion for something that looks quickly cut together in a few minutes.
There is something that needs to be said about how much has changed over the years, they say that limitation and restrictions tend to provide the best room for growth.
You need to be creative, you need to focus on each frame as you work on it, the side-effect of having to draw by hand over whatever they're doing these days.
It is sad, but I feel like this might be the perfect example of laziness and fatigue just catching up to a series. None of the spirit is there any longer.

How's that pathetic?

>There are people on Sup Forums who haven't marathoned the Simpsons
Call yourself cartoon fans.

I wouldn't recommend it though. Everything past season 15 blended together into a long grey streak of boring, with the tedium broken only by the truly terrible episodes.