Be grown man

>be grown man
>wanna see an animated film
>go to the theater
>moms are there with their kids
>they eyeball you suspiciously, wondering what the hell a lone grown man is doing at a movie where lots of kids are
Has this ever really happened to anyone?

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (960x720, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JfpjUv-x8U4
youtube.com/watch?v=JBx-vydxfKU
sys.Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=lxD0dO9iR0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Carry a notepad and a pen with you and they will think you're a critic. That's what I did when I went to watch Magic Mike.

No, just go to a late showing on a weekday...I went to see MLP the movie even at like 10 PM on a weekday and the youngest people there were teenagers

Just go with your girlfriend

Attached: bombchu girl.gif (224x168, 503K)

Do what I do, stare the moms right in the eyes without breaking contact until you fully deliver the message that their sons will wind up just like you when they’re your age. Watch the horror build in their expressions, nod slowly with a smirk to confirm what you both know and then pop a skittle in your mouth before turning back to the screen

I go watch kiddie and capeshit movies with my friends

>Being ashamed of watching Magic Mike

Why?

It's a legitimately good drama.

Reminds me of this.

youtu.be/JfpjUv-x8U4

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

i go with my friends at 10pm showings on a sunday

Did you make that up?

>good drama
user, it isn't gay to mire some hot dudes.
You can accept it here

1 was pretty good, 2 was an absolute dumpster fire

Oh... Uh, y-yeah. Good idea...

Attached: FMA_rain_6856.jpg (350x197, 40K)

Here's a question I have, do you get a free pass for stop-motion films? In England, we have Wallace and Gromit and the idea of seeing stop-motion for the spectacle. So, I'm left wondering, is that a norm or just unique to England.

>be a grown man
>go to the theater late on a weekday
>teens are there on dates
>they eyeball you suspciously, wondering what the hell a lone grown man is doing at a movie by himself when he wasn't dragged there by his girlfriend
had this happen to me when I went to Sing

thread theme, courtesy of Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=JBx-vydxfKU

You could also go with a sister, mum or cousin. Just be sure to be the one paying and you won't look like a mooch.

Never happened to me. Might be because I look like a preteen if I remove facial hair tho. Also I mostly go with friends to theathers

I'm sure if you just groom yourself people will just think you're a parent waiting for his wife and kids

Attached: malo-twilight-princess.jpg (450x600, 31K)

>be grown man
Pick one

Bring a friend you lonly fuck.

A lanyard also helps.

When I went to go see Mary and the Witch’s Flower recently, there was this one older middle aged man wearing a suit and a lanyard that sat in the very back. I didn’t manage to get a good look at the badge on his lanyard but I kinda wondered if he’d just come off work or if he’d watched the movie for some special reason like as a critic or something. Nice guy though. Held the door for me on my way out.

Well when me and a couple of buddies of mine went to see Big Hero 6 back when it was in theaters there was hardly anyone there when we went.

Granted we went after it had been out for awhile and also around noon on a Thursday.

Fuck them and their gazes OP. To me there are basically three rules for whether or not you should give a shit about what the people around you think of your actions.
>Will this harm me or send me to jail
>Will I have to interact with these people on a regular basis (this can even be ignored if the people are worthless)
>Will this make a bad impression for people I care about
If none of these things are present then why even vaguely give a shit about what you're doing?

don't have any

>violating the NSP
I'll take Shit That Didnt Happen for 500, Alex

Man that film was a real disappointment, eh? Nice visuals but the story was sorely lacking. Especially since it was marketed as from a new studio of mainly ex-ghibli people, so to see that this was all they could make with that freedom was not very impressive.

Went to see MLP with my sister. Weekday matinee, so kids were at school. And yet, for some reason, I was too embarrassed to walk up to the ticket booth and get the tickets. I seriously considered giving my sister my debit card and telling her to buy them.

I eventually bought the tickets, but I dunno what the fuck came over me. Usually I'm goddamn proud to walk up to the booth and say I wanna watch the latest from Disney or Pixar.

Attached: 957001e713d232fb608f8ea8162ba508_400x400_1_.jpg (600x600, 30K)

humans are biologically programmed to care about this shit though, even after telling yourself that it's still impossible to not let it bother you even a little

>be a grown man
>go to an afternoon showing on a weekday to avoid the family crowds
>theatre is practically empty, safe for a family with small children
>children don’t care about the movie and spend the time running around the theater.
>tell one of the kids to knock it off when they climb across my seat.
>get yelled at by parents when kids go crying to them.
>approached by usher several minutes later and asked to leave becuase parents saI’d I’ve been talking during the movie and cursed at their kids when they asked me to be quiet.
>afternoon and money completely wasted.

>Be a black guy
>See kid's film
>Nobody gives a shit

It's funny because my white friend did the same thing and tons of moms gave him evil eyes

scaring soccer moms is black privilege

Of course, the lights are off

Honestly user that's not true. I've lived like this for about 5 years and it only take a few days to actually get into the mindset. Read Lucifer by Mike Carey it should give you some good perspective.

Far as I know, it ain't an issue here is Aus.

White guys are known for pedo stuff than black dudes, it's worse if the white dudes have that pedo look to them too

As myself, I'm likely to stare at a white guy alone in a kid's theater than a black guy, since we've had cases of white men taking children in my town and the statistics show this too

i'm a white chick btw

are you telling me that you never think about something embarrassing you did years ago that surely everyone else has long forgotten about, yet for unknown reasons are immediately overcome by intense feelings of shame? I'm telling you that this stuff is build into your brain, no matter how much you tell yourself that you still care to a small degree and have to actively tell yourself it doesn't matter.

nice larp

Meh, the visuals were nice enough to carry me through it without minding too much. But the hamfisted moral did kinda annoy me. I did not expect going in for this movie to drop the line “there are powers that mankind was never meant to control.” But then I realized the movie was about that one nuclear plant disaster and it made a lot more sense.

That's culture, not biology. Go into another culture and see how much shit you give about the dirty looks you get when you break their backwards taboos.

Something I did many years ago, sure and occasionally something I did that has upset my friends or family, but nothing with strangers since I adopted this mindset.

I thought they were going to end it by purging all magic everywhere and forcing all the murderous wizards down to their level, I was rather disappointed by how limited the scope was.

Legit hilarious

user you are too much kek

The movie spells out for you that its using magic as an allegory for science- even going one step beyond normal allegory and telling you that magic = science and vice versa literally. To purge all magic at the end would be to endorse luddism and nobody wants to go that far.

Hell nah, if you wanna see kubo you gotta pay

literally everyone goes to see kids movies retard. my sister in law is obsessed with disney along with half my social circle

>>be grown man
>>wanna see an animated film
>>go to the theater
>>moms are there with their kids
>>they watch the movie because nobody gives a fuck about other people watching a movie

who the hell goes to the movies alone?

don't you have at least one friend, or a family member that can go with you?

Why would they want to watch a kids' movie that isn't from their childhood? They're not weirdos.

>be me
>on campus, 5 hours between class that just finished and next class
>no car at the time to drive home
>Take the (shitty) bus system around town to find something to do
>Go into theater because Lego Movie just came out, looked pretty cool
>Only other people there in the middle of the schoolday was a family. Kids got all quiet the moment I walked in alone and the mom was whispering to them

Kids were having fun though after a few minutes of the movie, so didn't give no shit.

Kek

I think they were just trying to be polite

Most of the time the movies i go to where theirs a theater full of kids, the prents either dont care or are occupied by their rowdy little shit kids. I do get this look whenever im looking for new transformers in wal mart.

Of course they're gonna look at you weird. The question is whether you're still self-conscious about it.

>be me
>go to see an animated movie
>have to watch the trailers

My theater has a no singles policy. It's why I don't watch movies.

Teens do that to anybody that goes to a movie by themselves. It's the reason why I haven't seen a romantic comedy since 2011.

The fuck?

>he doesn't watch animated films

Attached: 1517859929176.png (576x510, 387K)

a Sup Forums meme, ignore it

I thought that too till I caught the mom giving me dirty looks

blog threads are cancer and against >>>Sup Forumsrules/1
OP is a faggot
Do your part to help purge this board of subhumans like him by reporting this thread.
sys.Sup Forums.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=99387328

>who the hell goes to the movies alone?
Most people on Sup Forums

Advocating reporting is also against the rules you dumb fucking nigger. Stop virtue signaling.

s-sure thing user. Thats.... a good suggestion too i guess

Attached: 15141515616.jpg (640x640, 57K)

I'm a sex offender & don't want to go to prison; so no.

You shouldn't fear it, friend
youtube.com/watch?v=lxD0dO9iR0M
^;)

>who the hell goes to the movies alone?

>be chad.
>Closet virgin
>Other friends are practically chads & stacys on steroids
>Can't bring myself to suggest them to watch cartoons and shit.
>End up watching football and basketball all the fucking time.

>go to theater

just see it 2 months after release. and in the morning.

sucks they stopped doing podcasts

Yes but I just ignore it and don’t touch the kids watch the movie and nothing bad happens.

Underrated post.

Wow user, get wrekt at a theater.

>Refund when?

Attached: Me-right-now-who-else.jpg (500x500, 13K)

I'm sorry, user. When they're in the majority, cunts rule the world.

Attached: sensiblechuckle.gif (250x250, 993K)

>Be black
>Go to see Deadpool in a nearly empty theater because my friends already saw it
>Group of white teens are sitting a couple rows behind me
>They're talking about me
>Trying to figure out why I'm there by myslef
>Leave the room, wait a couple of minutes, then sit at the opposite side of the room from where the teens are
I know I didn't blend in with the 6 other people there, but at least I couldn't hear them talking about me anymore.

It annoys me so much that this is good.

I took my nephew to see whatever the recent disney pixar thing was. He was super into it but I was kind of wondering If he'd be okay If I ditched him because the lobby had a Virtua Fighter 2 machine that I really wanted to play.

Just go during the day on the weekday or at midnight.

>person ask me " what the hell a lone grown man is doing at a movie where lots of kids are?"
>I say "I actualy work MAKING cartoons, so I like cartoons"
>Suddenly their expression turn into "holly shit, this is so cool"

Its not exactly like that, but people quickly change their dispositions when I explain that I am doing stuff that air on television, and this goes from childish thing to amazing in a second.

Attached: 02fcf70f-f6be-40dc-a3d5-c5d608dc071e.gif (455x252, 720K)

>Be a sex offender
>Go to movie theater that shows cartoons to molest some kinds
>It's overrun by grown men

>be a grown man
>Go to see an animated movie
>Turns out it's during the swine flu outbreak
>I'm the only one in the theater
>It's me and the janitor
>The janitor tells me the movie sucks and goes into detail about why.

>Go to see an animated movie
>It's already been out a couple of weeks and it's a weekday so the room is practically empty
>Choose a prime spot right in the centre, well away from the few people sitting at the back
>After the trailers start a dad and some kids come in
>Out of the whole empty theater, guess where they want to sit?
>I was here first and I'm comfortable so I don't want to move
>If I was a dad I wouldn't want my kids sat next to some random stranger too
>Spend the whole film staring fixedly ahead, trying not to make inadvertant physical contact with the man sitting next to me

At least the kids were quiet but I don't know if it would have been less awkward just to move over a space.

No but when I went to go see The Lorax with my cousins family I had to take a seat by the wall away from them since we were late. Then some qt foreigner who had to settle sitting in the same spot sexually molested me. She kept speaking in whatever demonic language her homeland did and throughout the whole movie. She would then repeat the lines that got some laughs in broken English. She rarely took her eyes off the screen or her hands out my pants. I came twice and when the movie was over she just up and left. I had to remove my underwear in the bathroom and throw it away.

>tfw I am a critic and everyone just assumes I'm a creep pretending to be a critic

They probably think you're hot, swoop in on those single mommies.

I am a 52yo neckbeard. I don't give a fuck. I even tell the little shits to pipe down and stop kicking the back of my seat.

Hahahaha

Went to see Moana with my mom, felt pretty awkward.

>tfw I am a creep pretending to be a critic and everyone assumes I work here

>be a grown man
>pirate the movie once Blu-ray is out
>watch it on my 5 inch phone screen

>and don’t touch the kids
This is where I usually fail.

He is just degenerated to the point where 3D kids don't get his dick hard anymore.

>watch movies by myself
>hear people whispering behind me
>teenagers talking about dumb shit as usual
>turn around a bit to look at them and give them the stinky eye
>"wheres your date?" Says some girl
>I reply "wheres YOUR date?"
>"right here my man"
>I say "Your dad doesnt count" and laugh like an idiot
>the others laugh too
At least that shut em up about my situation. They kept talking though so fuck me.

Attached: 1521692198360.jpg (800x600, 198K)

>going to the movies
Why would you want to go where normal people go?

S-sorry, Master Frollo.

>Work at movie theater
>MILFS come in groups while their spawn are at school and order wine while watching kid movies
>mfw they flirt with me and comment on how hard I blush
>tfw some grandma kept trying to get me to call her mommy while her young bf was standing beside her

Attached: 1508319612696.jpg (512x512, 30K)

This

>Has this ever really happened to anyone?
Only when I show them my dick

One time I had to sit between two kids with their mother on the right, I told the mother that we could switch seats so she could be between her two kids, but she just said "no I'm fine", so I had to sit in between two 5 years old through the whole movie. The movie was How to Train your Dragon 2 by the way.

Attached: 1518627827975.png (1093x1048, 1.55M)