Moana

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-2238.jpg (1920x808, 223K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-2302.jpg (1920x808, 190K)

Failure.

Are we playing word association?

Shoulda spent less dollars on hair rendering algorithms and more on plot structure. Or not, really. Better to be remember for your fantastic CGI hair than be remembered as a somewhat half-decent Disney film out of the hundred or so Disney films, many of which are more than half-decent, I guess?

Attached: moana2d.webm (854x450, 2.59M)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-2486.jpg (1920x808, 160K)

Thicc brown girls are for _______.

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-2620.jpg (1920x808, 130K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-3002.jpg (1920x808, 127K)

I really liked it, felt like a solid Disney film.
It did really well in merchandise.

the most sexual Disney princess

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-3257.jpg (1920x808, 134K)

Kek she looks retarded from that angle

Ya’ll see it right?

Attached: A92AFE2E-817E-4D3F-86BA-0806C6777BEA.jpg (280x421, 40K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-3622.jpg (1920x808, 100K)

I liked the movie as-is but damn this makes me really sad

>Literally a better Hercules than the one in the Hercules movie.

Attached: download.jpg (227x222, 8K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-3783.jpg (1920x808, 181K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-3855.jpg (1920x808, 214K)

For ants maybe

Gaston was a better Hercules than Hercules was. Hercules was just not very authentic in any way. And with a mythos as robust and flexible as GrecoRoman you really have to try hard to break it, but it's Disney and they're professionals. Not that James Woods Hades didn't make a good villain; just wasn't any kind of Hades.

Attached: moana2.webm (1024x428, 1.69M)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-3882.jpg (1920x808, 187K)

That's because it was a Superman movie.

God. It hurts so much. It legitimately makes me incredibly sad that 2D is dead...

Attached: tiggered.jpg (164x216, 6K)

It wanted to be both a Rocky movie and a Superman movie and failed at both.

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-4138.jpg (1920x808, 220K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-4178.jpg (1920x808, 177K)

Alright just me then. I think its uncanny tho.

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-4341.jpg (1920x808, 232K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-4546.jpg (1920x808, 217K)

convergent evolution

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-4591.jpg (1920x808, 170K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-4667.jpg (1920x808, 205K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-4899.jpg (1920x808, 156K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-5275.jpg (1920x808, 119K)

Attached: moana-disneyscreencaps.com-5296.jpg (1920x808, 226K)

>I've finally learned that I don't need super powers any more, I'm fine with just being a badass 7 foot tall Maori warrior
>lol here's your super powers back for no reason

I really wished that scene was important.

Hercules wasn't even the worst thing about it.
>Zeus/Hera were good and Hades was evil
>His fucking name

The movie was just ok. "You're Welcome" was the best part about it.

>you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

It’s kinda weird how much cuter she is in motion in the movie than comes across in screencaps

DisXar movies are all same shit

>His fucking name
?

Heracles is the actual Greek name. Hercules is Roman.

Huh, I always assumed it was just a difference of dialect thing, and Hercules was just more popular in English speaking nations thanks to classic movies. The more you know.

I wish the movie was about a great adventure visiting several magical islands and with magical creatures instead of the sea and talking.

butt lovin'

Disney is so one trick that its shooting itself in the foot by making awesome tv show ideas into a 1 hr movie.

Big Hero 6?

Not all that weird. She had an adorable voice and mannerisms. I think she's cute either way though.

>Moana visits a new island every episode where she solves the problems of the natives
>in every 5-10 episodes the (serious) main plot advances
>gets a hot side kick girl as a friend
I want this. Tangled: the Series is not enough.

They originally wanted it to be 2D?

Nah, those are just test animations, how they wanted characters to move

Impregnating.

I wonder why they barely changed Heracles's name. Did they decide Junocles sounded bad?

Moan-a

>plastic armpits

I feel like the movie needed a montage or a scene ahowing sea monsters tracking them because the ocean felt so not dangerous and barren.

What I really like about Moana is that her longing for the sea was vindicated by her ancestry. She wasn't some rebellious teen but a girl who wanted to bring her people to their former voyaging glory. To add to that, her ambitions were selfless and in the interest of preserving the health of her island. Moana is Ariel done right.

reminder that Disney has one of the best 2D animation departments in the world that's sadly stuck doing pencil tests and amusement park rides

MAUIED

Attached: i tried.jpg (819x460, 79K)

>i tried
No you didn't.

Thanks, I needed a back ref for my cosplay and it was painstaking pausing just at the right time

Didn't like it that much.

It feels too self aware, especially with Maui and Tamatoa constantly calling attention to tropes and breaking the fourth wall. Show don't tell for crying out loud.
Also I feel bad for Pua for being being in the teaser trailer, merchandise and on the boat during Moana's first attempt to leave the island, only to be left behind and all his screentime given to a retarded rooster. I didn't like Heihei.
Disney is overplaying the unsupportive parents trope and I can't sympathize with Moana's father. "Never leave the island". Your island is a husk, dude. Get over your problems.
The ocean powers are vague and are just as unexplained as Elsa's ice powers.
PLUS I am getting tired of characters resolving all of their issues with "My name is INSERT NAME HERE". It's just lazy writing.

So yeah, that's my two cents.

Attached: 1386051259759.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Agreed. It was pretty refreshing that she wasn't just rebellious for the sake of it; she was actually being a responsible and proactive future chieftain.

>Disney is overplaying the unsupportive parents trope and I can't sympathize with Moana's father. "Never leave the island". Your island is a husk, dude. Get over your problems.
To be fair, they had clearly forgotten proper seafaring. Leaving the island with zero skills and knowledge was objectively dangerous.

Yeah, because staying on their island with zero fish and rotten coconuts is a much better idea.

>tfw John Musker retired yesterday so this is the last Ron and John collab
I actually really love Moana. It’s a great film to end their partnership, but I was hoping for at least one more film between them.

That was also a fairly recent development. Like she left the night of the fish not showing up. They were still formulating plans. You don’t immediately jump to evacuation in a scenario like this. Especially when no one has the skills necessary to leave the island without killing everyone.

Ireland?

I don't know what engine was used bit it was probably the exact same one from Brave, or whatever monstrosity of a billion dollar engine they made for Tangled. Also Moana was a good movie.

I'm assuming that was a joke.

Attached: Rimshot.gif (320x180, 1.44M)

Yeah, Moana arrives back home on day 3 of empty nets.

>characters resolving all of their issues with "My name is INSERT NAME HERE"
Is there another Disney movie that does this? I don't think there is. Or at least all I can think of is characters saying that but it just shows confidence as they save the day with something else. Besides, self-identity is a huge theme throughout all of Moana, it was what the whole movie was about.

Even if it was a joke it's still kinda real. The potato famine happened.

>famine
Friendly reminder that there was plenty of food in Ireland, except it was kept away from the populace by the British state, along with all the food sent by other countries to help the country, because their intent was to depopulate Ireland and make it easier to control. It wasn't a famine, it was a controlled genocide.

As much as I love history I don't bother learning UK history because of how much of it is common knowledge and boring, same with WW2, but this is pretty interesting. Assuming you aren't bullshitting.

Best age Moana

Attached: moana6-1[1].jpg (3360x1416, 853K)

Good aesthetic, good animation, absolutely beautiful water and general scenery, attractive MC, good songs.
Good story, consistent characters, good background storytelling, complex cast.
Overall really good movie, I loved it. Can't wait to see the inevitable fuck up sequel that Disney always does.

Why the fuck you lyin'?

Pixar's Brave was made with Renderman, Moana, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia were made with Hyperion engine, that allows to make humongous cities.

Oh neat thanks. My point still stands that they didn't spend any extra money on a hair render engine though.

Why did the pig not get any older?

I am so angry that we longer get films like this from Gisnep. Why bother spending all those millions on rendering to make the hair look realistic when you can achieve the same thing in 2D with just a few lines?

Attached: 6.png (395x357, 67K)

That's what I used to think too, but ironically it actually did get a TV series and it's not all that great.
Not before I get my Treasure Planet series, dammit.

But TP is not that good and has a guy as the main character

Too tired to bother with new models after that Zootopia dodge.

Money.
It's so weird how many people here fault businesses for wanting to make money and will then scream about how many deaths caused by communism.

Careful, don't make pol upset.

My cat fell from 10th floor when she was like 6 months or so and broke a leg. She never grew to normal size after that and looked like an adolescent kitten her whole life. Maybe that pig is like that too.

Are you guys thinking about something else because Moana was really good

Attached: hmpf.png (310x371, 164K)

fetish fuel

That's not a genocide, that's a public service.

3D Moana is a massive improvement.
2D Moana looks like a nigger

Hey user what color do you think Moana is?

The dude in charge of the relief efforts wrote publically that it was a good opportunity to get rid of the Irish.