What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: Jhonen_Vasquez.jpg (444x347, 179K)

Leorio is that you?

Attached: leorio.jpg (400x302, 49K)

He was a feminist before it was cool and now that the world has caught on he's butthurt

>He was a feminist before it was cool and now that the world has caught on he's butthurt
What the hell are you blabbering about?

Attached: 735D372D-EE33-493B-A726-2B3B5AAA9C95.png (303x277, 153K)

ever read johnny the homicidal maniac? underneath all the edginess there's all this "girls rule, masculinity sucks, aren't i cool?" thing going on

I think they may be a classic case of
>I don't understand it so I must mock it

He was utterly unmanned and emasculated by the Chad Hartman.

He awoke an entire generation of goths and scene kids and popularized them to the point of which even he regrets doing. I'd also make the argument that he also spawned the the RANDOM XD humor that has plagued the internet and tv.

Their is none of that in their you idiot

hi johnen

Elaborate please

>Based Butch is doing a video stream from a ComicCon a few years ago
>most of the big names from Nickelodeon are there
>comes across Jhonen and introduces him, gets the name of his show wrong
>"A-a-actually it's called Invader Z-"
>interrupted by Hartman who laughs in his face
>Jhonen keeps awkwardly trying to walk away but can't escape Hartman's gravitas

Looks more like the Dude

Attached: Postal 2 speedruns.jpg (1000x777, 218K)

Butch doesnt seem like the kinda guy who'd do that out of malice, he was probably just joking.

but johnen is the kind of guy who would make a lifetime grudge out of that

His Adventure Time clone did not get picked by the networks.

Surreal humor has existed before every Invader Zim trend.

what the FUCK

Attached: Katakuri_Anime_Concept_Art.png (1903x1856, 1.61M)

>that anecdote
The Virgin Jhonen, The Chad Hartman

Like how Butch have a lifetime grudge against rich people? That fucktard is now a washup has-been milking DP.

Meanwhile, Jhonen is constantly evolving trying to make different series and entertainment. VIP House could've been something.

Surreal Humor =/= RANDOM XD Humor

He's funny but has shit taste in video games.

Holy shit you’re retarded.

He deeply regrets having a major hand in creating an entire generation of goths and scene kids who went around quoting GIR all the time and being obnoxious little shits.

while I think he's a douche, I don't blame him at all for fucking with his fans. they're fucking awful

>Like how Butch have a lifetime grudge against rich people? That fucktard is now a washup has-been milking DP.
Just because Trixie Tang or Paulina turned out to be gag prizes doesnt mean he hates rich people. The guy voted for Trump after all.

He is basically retired, and its better to be a washed up hasbeen than an unemployed neverbeen.
>Meanwhile, Jhonen is constantly evolving trying to make different series and entertainment. VIP House could've been something.
Mayhaps he should evolve into someone with an actual work ethic, then his projects would instead of could.

Mistakes where made

Like the time he kills a girl with a spoon because she told her boyfriend to beat up jhonny for looking wierd?
Or when squees mom is addicted to pills and has her kid abducted. Y a pedophile at the mall?

overrated hack fraud

>Pan Pizza LV.100

HEY FUNNIE

He made a good cartoon and only did that.

Pan-Pizza works like a digimon
his lvl 100 would either be him in a lolita outfit or Jhonen

>underneath all the edginess there's all this "girls rule, masculinity sucks, aren't i cool?" thing going on
where?

Attached: 1502995528956.png (1031x1456, 633K)

>The guy voted for Trump after all.
[citation needed]

He stopped making shit.

He didn’t dye his hair blonde so he could pull off that Vash The Stempede aesthetic.

this.

>basically retired
He have his own network called Noog and trying to fund his anime style cartoon called Elf Detective. He's far from retired.

>then his projects would instead of could
Like Hartman's current Elf Detective cartoon? Or, wait, remember Crash Nebula? Hartman's ideas don't exactly make the cut either, faggot. Stop putting him on a pedastool.
>voted Drumpf
That explain it all why he left Nick, FOP died, and everything else under the sun.

"What went wrong" was his lack of solo comic output after I Feel Sick. I want more damnit, I hunger

HOLY SHIT ITS MY ELEMENTALIST FROM WAY BACK IN GUILD WARS!!! HOW YA DOING BUDDY JEEZEEE BREEZEEE i don't believe such autist existed in reall ife

Tbh I feel like part of the reason he stopped doing comics was that after "I feel sick" Jhonen had nothing to say anymore.

Or the two times Johnny goes on a long-winded autistic rant to clarify he's not a rapist? Or the fact that the only person to ever overpower him and escape was the girl he liked?

Anyone still have those examples of his deranged hatred for food and the act of eating?

>i hate my fans
>artificial goths are so dumb, notice my self-awareness?
>i hate my fans
>smart people are reviled and demonized by the idiot masses, notice my self-awareness?
>i hate my fans
>corporations are bad
>i hate my fans
>bullies are the worst people alive, let me bully someone real quick, notice my self-awareness?
>i hate my fans
>aliens, fast food and the devil
>i hate my fans
When you peel off his aesthetic, which is still pretty strong, there isn't a lot there

sure i mean they only made him rich
he also despises hot topic despite it being the main distributing center for his merch

It might be the cannabis I ate yesterday, or is that drawing really cute?

Do you think he's rich? Or even makes money off Invader Zim steering wheel covers?

merch money is serious business
unless he can't into taxes or signed a retarded deal with nick giving up the rights he should be doing pretty well for himself

Invader Zim led a whole generation of autistic scene girls to go around posting shit like MUFFIN OF DOOM XDDDD online

I think Vasquez's hatred for Hot Topic is rooted to it being a commercialized hot spot for the alternative in clothes appeal and accessories; Vasquez, looking at his attire, probably had to search elsewhere for his aesthetic i.e., those lathered spiked boots came from a thrift store and so forth, basically, he took the D.I.y method because I can only surmise he was still living frugally at the time of and during the publication of JTHM. Then, Hot Topic comes along and it is easily accessible to have the same style as Jhonen or even Siouxsie Sioux, those who shop at Hot Topic are more so abut image then anything deeper or meaningful. I know Vasquez like to bowdlerize his hatred and all, yet I'd like to believe he seek something genuine too and want to parse through all the bullshit fakers.

>signed a retarded deal with nick giving up the rights he should be doing pretty well for himself

Unfortunately for him that he admitted to this in his pre-tumblr blog that he got a bad deal from Nick years back and never sees a single dime off Hot Topic merch.
Though he finds it funny when self entitled fans think they're paying his bills by buying Gir T-shirts.

I'm pretty sure he's currently making good money now with the Zim comic with how well it's doing along with the movie.

well that's his fault then for thinking like an artist and not like a businessman

>Though he finds it funny when self entitled fans think they're paying his bills by buying Gir T-shirts.

Is it their fault for assuming he's not a retard?
Actually, no. I guess that is their fault.

>good money from a comic book

I really doubt he's living it up.

Attached: 1521417309554.jpg (303x402, 23K)

cannabis

False flag

Nope.

>anime style cartoon

To all the stupid nogs triggered by this he's referring to the Tess character, not Johnny.

Hartman's still had 4 series produced on Nick, one of which is one of their longest running shows. doesn't matter if he has the occasional flop, he's not a one-hit-wonder like Jhonen

>sure i mean they only made him rich
made him rich, bother him whenever he goes to conventions to sperg about their zimxdib fanfic, walk up to him to be a mouthbreathing orbiter
yeah, I can see why he should totally love his fans

his fans are literally *holds up spork* randomfags

Pan makes a good trap.

Attached: goth trap pan.png (1280x1280, 679K)